TransWhatevers of AVEN

Unsung Tale, we've been using "My good Yada" in place of sir/ma'am.

Yeah, but I've been thinking like, in general. Not with yadas. :/

...Why wouldn't you use "my good yada" for anyone and everyone? It is infinitely superior to sir or ma'am.

I like some of my female physical characteristics, but I wish I had some male characteristics. Yet these are so few that I'm not really sure they much matter, and that I simply wish to look in-between genders, with no obviously defining characteristics at all.

At the same time, my personality is masculine and feminine at the same time. I feel masculine and feminine at the same time, yet these aren't taken to an extreme. I am simply...a bit too masculine and a bit too feminine to be considered agender. In fact, I am mentally more masculine than I am feminine, yet there is still that femininity that destroys the possibility of trans-masculine...

Maybe I should begin descibing myself as a demigender trans-masculine genderqueer androgyne. :P

Bigender?

A Long Time Ago

Yes...I don't want any genitals at all and am dysphoric toward them. I have considered surgery but I'm not sure if I truly want to have it done, because I don't know if I care enough to have them removed. And anyway, I usually forget they're there, except for during a certain time of the month *(pukes)*, and I don't like knowing that I have them.

I like some of my female physical characteristics, but I wish I had some male characteristics. Yet these are so few that I'm not really sure they much matter, and that I simply wish to look in-between genders, with no obviously defining characteristics at all.

At the same time, my personality is masculine and feminine at the same time. I feel masculine and feminine at the same time, yet these aren't taken to an extreme. I am simply...a bit too masculine and a bit too feminine to be considered agender. In fact, I am mentally more masculine than I am feminine, yet there is still that femininity that destroys the possibility of trans-masculine...

Maybe I should begin descibing myself as a demigender trans-masculine genderqueer androgyne. :P

masculine leaning androgynous demi-neutrois?

You sure have a complicated gender, Antihero.

Bigender?

Yes...I don't want any genitals at all and am dysphoric toward them. I have considered surgery but I'm not sure if I truly want to have it done, because I don't know if I care enough to have them removed. And anyway, I usually forget they're there, except for during a certain time of the month *(pukes)*, and I don't like knowing that I have them.

masculine leaning androgynous demi-neutrois?

You sure have a complicated gender, Antihero.

I'm about to make it even more complicated by adding that I don't believe I quite fit inside the gender binary. ;)

You know, it could also boil down to my misunderstanding of some of these terms.

Nalle Neversure

Have you checked the handy Terms Masterlist that is pinned here on Gender Forum, Antihero? And we also have its sibling Discussion about Terms. Those should give you some tips, term-wise.

- Nalle, Gender mod

A Long Time Ago

I'm about to make it even more complicated by adding that I don't believe I quite fit inside the gender binary. ;)

You know, it could also boil down to my misunderstanding of some of these terms.

I think you probably have a better understanding of the terms than you give yourself credit for. It is just that none seem to really fit you very well. You just defy being pigeonholed into one of the existing categories inside, outside, or both of the binary.

This probably doesn't describe you but I would bet you can relate to this gender identity that P came up with to describe himself. It is on the yada wiki: the Binary's ****.

Nalle Neversure

Random thought: Do we have Binary's B***h on the Masterlist? I shall add it tomorrow if we don't. Right now I'm using my little pink phone with 2'' screen...

/random

Continue as you were, yadas.

A Long Time Ago

I just checked, it is not on the list along with demigirl, demiguy, and fancy; which are also on the yada wiki but not on the Masterlist.

Have you checked the handy Terms Masterlist that is pinned here on Gender Forum, Antihero? And we also have its sibling Discussion about Terms. Those should give you some tips, term-wise.

- Nalle, Gender mod

It is helpful to some extent. At least now I can't say I don't understand the terms. :D

I think you probably have a better understanding of the terms than you give yourself credit for. It is just that none seem to really fit you very well. You just defy being pigeonholed into one of the existing categories inside, outside, or both of the binary.

This probably doesn't describe you but I would bet you can relate to this gender identity that P came up with to describe himself. It is on the yada wiki: the Binary's ****.

Perhaps...or maybe I simply don't know myself well enough to pin down a specific gender. I can somewhat relate to P's post. I can't say that's how I feel or how I see myself, but is similar. Instead of too much gender, it feels like my gender, to some extent, contradicts itself.

A Long Time Ago

Perhaps...or maybe I simply don't know myself well enough to pin down a specific gender. I can somewhat relate to P's post. I can't say that's how I feel or how I see myself, but is similar. Instead of too much gender, it feels like my gender, to some extent, contradicts itself.

Contradictions are what make it fun :), though they can also be very frustrating :angry:. They make for a more interesting journey overall.

Would it make more sense if I simply identified as "other" for now?

Makes sense but then again, I am not the one feeling it so you are the authority on this one. One that might state where you are at might be "_______". With this (as opposed to nothing) will make the gender field show up and indicate that it is blank.

A Long Time Ago

This seems to be a first as far as I have seen on this thread (haven't gone through it too carefully), but we have stayed on the topic of gender (specifically not so simple ones), which was the original topic for this thread, for 10 posts straight. I have to wonder whether we are yadas or not because we have stayed so on topic, which is not typical of yadas :lol: :lol: :lol:.

A Long Time Ago

I GOT SUSPENDED FOR SAYING "BOOBS"

At school (I've no idea what your age is so I don't know if you are in school or not)? On a forum? At/on something else? Must be a pretty strict place.

Again?

No, the last time was for doing stuff with a girlfriend of mine at school and getting caught. And that was totally worth it. This.. was not.

Also, I asked a MAGIC 8 BALL:

Q: Should I change?

A: YES.

Q: Will I be happier if I change?

A: YES. DEFINITELY.

At school (I've no idea what your age is so I don't know if you are in school or not)? On a forum? At/on something else? Must be a pretty strict place.

I'm sixteen.

Killjoy Danni

Again?

No, the last time was for doing stuff with a girlfriend of mine at school and getting caught. And that was totally worth it. This.. was not.

I'm sixteen.

This is your second breast related incident ergo AGAIN

ooh, i can't tell you how gratifying it is to hear my own personal designation suggested as an identity. really, my personal identification with it is simply because, as alluring as agender sounds, i don't get it. it doesn't make any more personal sense to me than binary identification does to someone who's agender. we are who we are, no matter what, no matter how much we wish we weren't. and male and female roles have smacked me around and humiliated me for decades; just when i think i have a handle on them, everything upends itself and makes me more confused than ever. i'm finally to the point where i understand that i'm a male who's simply very in touch with his feminine side, and i'm cool with that. i'm just waiting for the day when everyone else will be too. it can't come soon enough for me.

Welcome back, Vincent! :)

Well, I'm still not sure what I identify as, so I assumed posting here would be a no-no.

The only requirement for posting here as far as I can tell is being smart enough to find us. :)

Welcome and have some :cake:!

There needs to be gender-neutral titles. Like sir or ma'am/madam, just gender neutral. Because I actually really like both of those, and being called them (though I don't actually because I'm rarely around people younger than me), I have started getting some dysphoria just thinking about it because there's really no way I'm going to be called sir, my body is just too clearly female. And while I do like ma'am/madam, sir is just a lot better but I have big breasts and a tiny waist, so. :/

Or are there some and I just don't know about it?

Mir and Sa'am?

Actually, "my dear yada" sounds good to me.

i'm finally to the point where i understand that i'm a male who's simply very in touch with his feminine side, and i'm cool with that. i'm just waiting for the day when everyone else will be too. it can't come soon enough for me.

THIS. Yes yes. The mind-invasion is a mutuality.

A Long Time Ago

The funny thing is, a Magic 8 Ball knows more about these issues than the average person since the average person has negative knowledge on it as opposed to zero like the Magic 8 Ball. I have to wonder what a Magic 8 Ball would say about what I should do. Well, if I ever decide that transition is a good idea (for now, it seems like a bad idea given that I am not experiencing anything close to crippling dysphoria), I will definitely have to consult one along with flipping a coin just for fun and so that if a wiseguy (do we have a gender neutral version of this word that doesn't have a swear word in it) asks how I decided and I will be able to say, "A Magic 8 Ball."

I'm sixteen.

My guess was that you were 18. This seems to be a recurring theme that I keep guessing that the young people are older than they really are here on AVEN. I wonder how old I come off as (ignoring any post where I have given explicit clues like my numerical age, what I am doing, etc.)?

ooh, i can't tell you how gratifying it is to hear my own personal designation suggested as an identity. really, my personal identification with it is simply because, as alluring as agender sounds, i don't get it. it doesn't make any more personal sense to me than binary identification does to someone who's agender. we are who we are, no matter what, no matter how much we wish we weren't. and male and female roles have smacked me around and humiliated me for decades; just when i think i have a handle on them, everything upends itself and makes me more confused than ever. i'm finally to the point where i understand that i'm a male who's simply very in touch with his feminine side, and i'm cool with that. i'm just waiting for the day when everyone else will be too. it can't come soon enough for me.

It is good that you are cool with that and seem to have things figured out enough. Depending on your age (my guess is that you are in your early to mid 30's) things will change in your lifetime enough for that day to come where a large portion of people (there will always be a few die-hards but they will be marginalized) will see you as a man in touch with his feminine side and there won't be as much of a stigma with being that. It just might be tough in the meantime (this is an understatement).

Your coolness with it makes me a little more cool with my situation. My current assessment (I say current because my interpretation of what I feel is changing and I am seeing through my illusions one by one) is that I am a woman (though not strongly so) in touch with her masculine side to the point of not knowing how to be feminine. There is nothing wrong with this (I've actually met a woman who was very hypermasculine but that in no way invalidated her as a woman) other than over the years, I shunned many many feminine things that held a strong appeal to me for the usual reasons and took up a few masculine things that held no appeal (many did have an appeal, though).

Re: gender terms.

Somewhere along the way I came up with slightly gendered, close to agender but still non-binary, and when I had used it for myself I meant slightly male and slightly female. Although, demi-anything does sound a lot cooler. :lol:

The yadalist of identity may help: Enter Here!

I think most of us tend to go down the route of making up our own terms for ourselves. I just went the simple route of having more than one identity simultaneously. :P

Re: hair.

I really need to tough touch mine up again, which would be easier if I had one of those electric hair clipper trimmer razor things.

I also don't know if I want to dye it again now, and then if so, what colour? And I FAIL at trying to put more than one colour in...

Re: other unrelated stuff that is therefor related.

I don't know how many of you have read that we got Penny spayed on Sunday. (And there is a mightly long rant attached to that adventure once I get back on tumblr) So an update on her, she is currently sleeping plotting our demise starring at the wall, as she has been doing most of the time since she got back. All yesterday basically she was still groggy from the stuff, but she did finally start eating and drinking yesterday evening/night. The only thing we really have to watch out for is her trying to clean the area before the stitches have dissolved on their own.

I nearly got suspended once for saying 'slag'. 'Boobs' really isn't/aren't as bad as that.

Herr Joseph von Löthing

I got suspended for kicking someone through a door. And for hitting someone with a chair. And for almost giving a guy concussion. All in separate incidents.

(That's why you don't bully people, kids. One day they'll fight back, and all hell will break loose).

Professor T. Pollution

I got suspended for kicking someone through a door. And for hitting someone with a chair. And for almost giving a guy concussion. All in separate incidents.

(That's why you don't bully people, kids. One day they'll fight back, and all hell will break loose).

Ahahaha. Ahem. This is so utterly true (except that I didn't particularly wait to fight back, I just fought anyone who tried to bully me).

It also appears that my past application for the position of Undertaker and Professor of Mortuary Science at the Yadaphanage was not accepted, I am very put out and am now re-submitting my application (and if in the event I am successful this time around I think it would be fitting for me to lay claim to the mortuary in the Haus of Yada… provided Oliver or Kade do not beat me to it).

Oh damn. How did I forget that?

Am I Human, I haven't been on the thread in awhile but you seem cool. I'm reading everything in 7 of 9's voice now... Grrr. Have you joined the forum? You should.

I've never been suspended, surprisingly. Hm... I guess because I never got caught?

I feel bad for abandoning this thread... Well, not really bad but y'know.

Ahahaha. Ahem. This is so utterly true (except that I didn't particularly wait to fight back, I just fought anyone who tried to bully me).

Well, basically this. ^

A Long Time Ago

Am I Human, I haven't been on the thread in awhile but you seem cool. I'm reading everything in 7 of 9's voice now... Grrr. Have you joined the forum? You should.

Thank you for thinking I am cool. I just joined the thread but am holding off on the yadaforum till after my finals are done (I have some spare time but not that much). And about using 7 of 9 as an avatar. I find that it makes my :lol:'s a lot less effective and seem faked but on the other hand, I think it makes me give a more serious, logical, and authoritative tone. I guess this fits me in real life. I have emotions and feelings but to others, they seem faked as I don't know the proper way to show them.

Now about being suspended. Well, I have only ever been suspended for one day and it was in school suspension. I switched school systems and a kid was bullying me and knocked me down a hill (not a good idea on his part), so I went to go throw him down the hill and a friend of his got in my way, so I punched his friend. Needless to say, people didn't mess with me physically after that because they learned that while quite docile while unprovoked, I was quite aggressive if messed with. Though, the other kids did find that I could be messed with non-physically, which is what some of them did, though overall, I was quite lucky in that I experienced little bullying as a kid.

Um.. P IS old. Like, OLD. Like, if he was a superhero, he'd be OLDMAN-MAN.

Also, the teachers and administrators keep referring to me as female ("You can't talk about other girl's breasts").

it's funny, because there's a MtF at this school and the teacher always mix up pronouns with her, but they consistently use female pronouns with me, despite me making absolutely no effort to appear female. I mean, I just dress well and have longish hair.

I've never even MENTIONED preferring female pronouns. (I don't.)

Um.. P IS old. Like, OLD. Like, if he was a superhero, he'd be OLDMAN-MAN.

erm... Rivan. was this in reference to any particular post, or just a general observation?

well, nevermind. regardless, i am adopting that as my superhero identity now. hereafter, i shall be known, whenever appropriate, as Oldman-Man. superhero powers to be determined at a later time; although suggestions are, of course, always welcome.

is it just me, or does this feel like hanging around an office after all the furniture's been moved out?...