TransWhatevers of AVEN

*tiptoes in* Hello...I'm new, I hope I'm not interrupting *waves* I feel like I should fit in here!

welcome!

in other news: THE FORUM IS DOWN (again) (like everyone doesn't already know that)! and i have so much homework to do, and finals to study for, and so i have decided to stalk the forum until it works again.

Sounds like you might be pulling an all-night either way. Unless you're geographically in the AM.

And welcome jenniruth - sorry it's been such poor forum timing for your entrance. I really can't justify in any way giving you this specific cake, but it caught my fancy and now I can't help myself:

insane+cake.jpg

Enjoy!

that must be Clive Barker's "Welcome to Hell!" cake.

goodness. i probably shouldn't love it as much as i do...

I KNOW. It's going to eat me back and I really don't mind. Bring on the delicious incisors.

A Long Time Ago

Where on earth do all of you find these cake pictures on the internet?

Suddenly, de ja vu!

Have I already made and sent Charles a card and forgotten to cross it off my list?

How hawkward if I have.

Also this doesn't feel cool enough. More stickers.

Where on earth do all of you find these cake pictures on the internet?

i get most of mine from Google images. i don't know what search Botty used to dredge up that gorgeous, monstrous thing. but i rather like this as well...

A_snake-haired_Miss_483378t.jpg

The forum refuses to let me reply to anything with the "you cannot make another post so soon after your last one". My last post in that thread was like a week ago and the other thing's been several hours. I am not a happy chappy.

The problem is that the server's clock was ahead by several hours, and so it had the date and time people's posts were made wrong. After the clock was fixed, it had all the most recent posts as being from the future. Hence the error, because it thinks we're posting before we posted our last post.

By the time Joe wakes up, the problem will have fixed itself of its own accord, because the time attached to our last posts will have passed. (I have about two hours before I'll be able to post again myself.)

I just remembered Joe isn't the only admin.

If an admin of the yadaforum sees this before it fixes itself due to time passing, here's instructions on how to fix it:

1. Go to the ACP, then go to the "Permissions" tab

2. Under "Global permissions", select "Groups permissions"

3. Under "Look up usergroup", select "Registered users"

4. Click on "Advanced Permissions"

5. Select the "Misc" tab under the advanced permissions

6. Change "Can ignore flood limit" to "Yes"

Had considered that this morning, but decided not to bother as it was only a couple of hours till the most futuristic post would be overtaken by the newly reset server time.

That point past about 15 minutes ago, so it should all be OK for everyone now.

ETA. Oh. Turns out there's some posts further in the future than I thought. Hmm...

ETA2. But not too far. Most futuristic looks to be only 45 minutes away.

Edited by malory

I'm fairly certain it's about another hour until the point will have passed for everyone. I still have another 50 minutes, but I posted about ten minutes before the clock was fixed, so I should be one of the last ones.

SherryGentleman

Awesomesauce on the cakes! Is it bad that I just want to look at the cake's teeth to work out how old it is?

I'm currently under a magical love spell that means I am heartless until someone chooses to give me theirs, and if so I will immediately fall in love with them and live happily ever after.

Does that qualify me as an android? :P

SherryGentleman

I'm currently under a magical love spell that means I am heartless until someone chooses to give me theirs, and if so I will immediately fall in love with them and live happily ever after.

Surely just enchanted?

A Long Time Ago

Androids can have hearts in the metaphorical sense and there are some pretty cold and heartless people out there, so not necessarily. If you feel that you are an anthropologist from another planet sent to earth to try to figure out humans, then you might be an android and not know it.

I do have to say that this is an interesting spell. I could definitely use having such a spell put on me.

If you feel that you are an anthropologist from another planet sent to earth to try to figure out humans, then you might be an android and not know it.

evidently, then, i am a gender android, as this is how i have always felt about interaction with my biological sex. i have observed long enough to know the customs and rituals and can participate in them without drawing attention to myself; but it is not my culture, i do not understand it on anything other than an observational level, and even when the aboriginals ritually accept me as one of their own, i feel like an alien and a stranger amongst them.

If you feel that you are an anthropologist from another planet sent to earth to try to figure out humans, then you might be an android and not know it.

evidently, then, i am a gender android, as this is how i have always felt about interaction with my biological sex. i have observed long enough to know the customs and rituals and can participate in them without drawing attention to myself; but it is not my culture, i do not understand it on anything other than an observational level, and even when the aboriginals ritually accept me as one of their own, i feel like an alien and a stranger amongst them.

Wouldn't you agree that a lot of the trans world is an -oid of some kind? Android, gynoid... built in the shape of something that will visually resolve into a gendered Gestalt, but without a bodily understanding of it, only adaptive AI.

I attempted to put 'dysphoric androgynoid' as my gender on the yadaforums, but it was too long.

A Long Time Ago

Wouldn't you agree that a lot of the trans world is an -oid of some kind? Android, gynoid... built in the shape of something that will visually resolve into a gendered Gestalt, but without a bodily understanding of it, only adaptive AI.

I attempted to put 'dysphoric androgynoid' as my gender on the yadaforums, but it was too long.

Right on the dot. You put it very well. Cake to you :cake:. I could never have articulated this (partly because I didn't have 2 and 2 put together but even if I did, I am not good at articulating things like that). I particularly like your use of the word gestalt.

Killjoy Danni

Ersten: OMG NEW GUY HIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zweiten: P, you and I are currenly engaged in a never ending epic battle of some sort.

Zuletzt: Malory, good show

P.S. 30 days till I turn 18

GUIZE LOOKIE WHO I FOUND ON RUSSIAN TV:

sergey_penkin3_1288538881.jpg0.jpg

Sergei Penkin; Russian famous Yada.

Apparently he's in the Guiness World Book of Records for having the biggest vocal range.

I asked my parents a bit about him when I saw him in a silver sequins suit on tv; he keeps his love life a secret; skillfully, paparazzi have give up trying to find out. He dresses flamboyantly and appears to not give a flying fuck if he appears feminine or stereotypically gay.

He also sings well. So. That's my little yadasquee for today.

Back to my graduation party.

A Long Time Ago

I asked my parents a bit about him when I saw him in a silver sequins suit on tv; he keeps his love life a secret; skillfully, paparazzi have give up trying to find out. He dresses flamboyantly and appears to not give a flying fuck if he appears feminine or stereotypically gay.

Maybe he is ace.

Maybe he is ace.

i always wonder that about people who "keep their love life a secret". i think, "wouldn't it be fabulous if it's because they don't have one."

oh well. i can dream.

About Love Lives:

This spell is seriously messing with me, not to mention how INCREDIBLY WORRIED I am about my sexual performance. Because I REALLY WANTED IT with Angel and I ALMOST GOT IT but MY BODY BETRAYED ME.

It's eating me up inside. Will I ever have children? What if I get a sexual girlfriend and she leaves me because I can't give her what she needs?

:(

I have nobody to talk so I turn to you guys because I'm not allowed to talk to P anymore.

I have nobody to talk so I turn to you guys because I'm not allowed to talk to P anymore.

i'm sorry if i gave you the impression that you can't talk to me, Rivan; i've been under a great deal of stress lately and haven't been able to talk to much of anyone. but that certainly doesn't mean you're forbidden, just that it's hard for me to reply in a timely way.

About Love Lives:

This spell is seriously messing with me, not to mention how INCREDIBLY WORRIED I am about my sexual performance. Because I REALLY WANTED IT with Angel and I ALMOST GOT IT but MY BODY BETRAYED ME.

It's eating me up inside. Will I ever have children? What if I get a sexual girlfriend and she leaves me because I can't give her what she needs?

:(

There are ways to conceive children without actually having sex, so, yes, it's possible to have kids if you want.

As for having sex, if you're body is not cooperating because you are ace I'm not sure there's much that can be done about that. If it's not cooperating for other reasons, such as some physiological reason, there may be medical ways to help with that.

If you get a girlfriend, sexual or not, probably the best thing is to talk about stuff like asexuality before it becomes a crisis. At least if you're up front about it you won't have invested as much time in the relationship if she does decide she needs sex in a relationship.

I hope that helps at least a little. :)

Apparently he's in the Guiness World Book of Records for having the biggest vocal range.

He also sings well. So. That's my little yadasquee for today.

Back to my graduation party.

He sounds like someone Johnny Weir ought to know about. Or maybe he already does? Come on, who told him?

He sounds like someone Johnny Weir ought to know about. Or maybe he already does? Come on, who told him?

ZOMFG, awesome!

Also, the more I think about it, the more I realize that I should have been a straight, panromantic male who cross dresses. Except then I wouldn't have my fiance. So this form isn't so bad. Except it is. :unsure:

Herr Joseph von Löthing

Will change the character limit just for you :P

Zweiten: P, you and I are currenly engaged in a never ending epic battle of some sort.

Five days for me...

SherryGentleman

Hiii! *waves*

MORE RUSSIAN YADAS!

Verka Serduchka

Serduchkaa.jpgauth-361-labelX.jpg

As a celebrity-female singer known for extravagant style + concerts. Always reffered to by female name as celebrity.

Biologically male; male identity hardly used - noone uses his/her name when they're in concerts/press. Rarely seen out of Verka character.

So I'm not sure as what to refer to them as; are they male identified or female identified or something else...

In any case. Pretty cool. Especially since I haven't heard of them getting crap about dressing as a woman - perhaps earlier in their career.