TransWhatevers of AVEN

A Long Time Ago

Um.. P IS old. Like, OLD. Like, if he was a superhero, he'd be OLDMAN-MAN.

He probably isn't old by my book, but then again, there is a 40 year age gap between my parents and I and I don't consider them old, yet.

Also, the teachers and administrators keep referring to me as female ("You can't talk about other girl's breasts").

it's funny, because there's a MtF at this school and the teacher always mix up pronouns with her, but they consistently use female pronouns with me, despite me making absolutely no effort to appear female. I mean, I just dress well and have longish hair.

I've never even MENTIONED preferring female pronouns. (I don't.)

This is just odd :blink: that they can't get a MtF's pronouns straight but get yours wrong all the time. You should tell them that they are using the wrong pronouns for both you and her.

erm... Rivan. was this in reference to any particular post, or just a general observation?

A few posts back (I think on the previous page), I speculated about your age.

erm... Rivan. was this in reference to any particular post, or just a general observation?

A few posts back (I think on the previous page), I speculated about your age.

oh, right. i see. i can't keep up with this thread anymore; it moves too slowly for me.

for the record, i'll be 41 in February. i share a birthday with James Joyce. it's all right, but after the cake's been served, he's always on about how Topic is all fecund in its nuttiness. we just roll our eyes behind his back.

By 'OLD' you mean 'AGELESS,' and remove the 'if.'

The power of precise speech.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Professor Godric

I got suspended for kicking someone through a door. And for hitting someone with a chair. And for almost giving a guy concussion. All in separate incidents.

(That's why you don't bully people, kids. One day they'll fight back, and all hell will break loose).

I read that as "hitting someone with a choir."

Yeah, about the bullying. I wasn't really bullied in school very much. I was in primary school, but it didn't happen more than a few times. My parents had put me in karate, and I was a very diligent student. I also don't care about hurting people who attack me. Really, they try to hit me, and if my counterattacks cause their subsequent serious injury or death - well, they asked for it. So yeah. They tried a couple times. After that, I was pretty much left alone until I switched schools. Then, when I was in - well, middle school for you americans - there was this girl who liked to push me around. I was sitting in the cafeteria with a couple of my friends, and she goes up to one of them, and holds this cup of boiling soup over one of their heads, and says "Give me money, or I'll pour." My friends, spineless as they are, just sat there meekly. She didn't move it, so I knocked it all over her. She liked to do stupid shit like that. She didn't have a conscience - but neither do I, and I have principles.

She didn't have a conscience - but neither do I, and I have principles.

i've got to say, Godric, that principles and no conscience is a delightful proposition.

deeeeee-lightful.

*tiptoes in* Hello...I'm new, I hope I'm not interrupting *waves* I feel like I should fit in here!

good heavens, jenniruth! you're hardly interrupting. in fact, you're most welcome. please, settle into a comfy chair and make yourself at home. oh, and needless to say, there's cake.

Edible-Flowers-on-Wedding-Cake.jpg

themoreyouknow.jpg

The invocation of the knowledge star makes me cackle so unjustifiably hard.

Principles without conscience is the android way. Why do ethics have to be all about damned feelings and empathy, anyway? Talk about a fecking shoddy foundationalism...

SherryGentleman

*tiptoes in* Hello...I'm new, I hope I'm not interrupting *waves* I feel like I should fit in here!

good heavens, jenniruth! you're hardly interrupting. in fact, you're most welcome. please, settle into a comfy chair and make yourself at home. oh, and needless to say, there's cake.

Edible-Flowers-on-Wedding-Cake.jpg

That is one super-mega-awesome cake!

A Long Time Ago

Ah, I am finally done studying for the last mathematics exam I will ever have to take in my life, which is tomorrow. Luckily, it is in an area I am very good at, so I should be in good shape. Now, time to relax.

Guess what's down and needs to be fixed so I can post?

Since you're here, Am I Human, welcome! I was about to post on your thread when the site decided it wanted to stop working and throw up everywhere.

All I want to do is post a giant congratulatory message in the Happy Happy Joy thread for P and MY RARE IMPULSE TO KINDNESS IS BEING QUASHED.

A Long Time Ago

If it isn't one forum, it is another. I couldn't get onto AVEN for a bit today, though I think it was just my region (pings weren't working for one).

Thank you for the welcome :).

All I want to do is post a giant congratulatory message in the Happy Happy Joy thread for P and MY RARE IMPULSE TO KINDNESS IS BEING QUASHED.

well, hell, Botty. here i am. do your worst.

Professor T. Pollution

oh, right. i see. i can't keep up with this thread anymore; it moves too slowly for me.

You know, I believe you have this exactly right. That is precisely the difficulty I am encountering with this thread.

Principles without conscience is the android way. Why do ethics have to be all about damned feelings and empathy, anyway? Talk about a fecking shoddy foundationalism...

I couldn't agree more, Botty. You, Am I Human, and I appear to have a great deal in common, although my socially-acceptable deception programs are extremely high-functioning whenever I want them to be, so most who meet me in person do not perceive my android-like nature.

well, hell, Botty. here i am. do your worst.

Nah, now the feeling's passed. Better luck next time.

Writing Basil instead - wait to see if you can feel celestial bodies being flung out of orbit in order to align just for us.

I couldn't agree more, Botty. You, Am I Human, and I appear to have a great deal in common, although my socially-acceptable deception programs are extremely high-functioning whenever I want them to be, so most who meet me in person do not perceive my android-like nature.

High-functioning, indeed - I know the subroutines well. Reference the trail of broken hearts in my wake that attest to the realism of my AI. This shit shoots straight over uncanny valley.

Glad I've caught your attention. P virtually ordered you and Basil to start up a conversation with me in my yadaforum introduction thread a few days back. Wouldn't want to neglect a Yadalord injunction, would you!

Glad I've caught your attention. P virtually ordered you and Basil to start up a conversation with me in my yadaforum introduction thread a few days back. Wouldn't want to neglect a Yadalord injunction, would you!

the Professor's met me in person, Botty, which means he has the luxury of not having to take me as seriously as everyone else does. he'll do as he pleases, which is fine by me, as what he pleases is exactly what i would have him do in the first place.

all shall be well, and all shall be well, etc.

A Long Time Ago

I have very social programs that only turn on situationally much to my dismay (I have been trying to turn them on on command but I can't). At all other times, I am socially inept and android-like. The situations where the programs turn on are when I am on stage (you will not believe how much this helps in performing arts where you have to deal with the audience) and occasionally when I am around people who are feeling very very strong emotions.

SherryGentleman

If it isn't one forum, it is another. I couldn't get onto AVEN for a bit today, though I think it was just my region (pings weren't working for one).

Thank you for the welcome :).

Not just you who couldn't get on AVEN, I couldn't for a while earlier either (about 6 hours ago maybe).

The forum refuses to let me reply to anything with the "you cannot make another post so soon after your last one". My last post in that thread was like a week ago and the other thing's been several hours. I am not a happy chappy.

Ha, P is a mere youngster! I am older than him and you put together! :P

for the record, i'll be 41 in February. i share a birthday with James Joyce. it's all right, but after the cake's been served, he's always on about how Topic is all fecund in its nuttiness. we just roll our eyes behind his back.

That does seem to make things a bit trickier, doesn't it?

Great little film! :lol:

Welcome! I would've offered a comfy chair, but P beat me to it. These youngsters, so hasty these days... ;)

The forum refuses to let me reply to anything with the "you cannot make another post so soon after your last one". My last post in that thread was like a week ago and the other thing's been several hours. I am not a happy chappy.

it's down for all of us, Violet; we'll have to wait another 6 hours or so for Joe to fix it, i imagine.

(and your letter arrived today. thanks so very much. it did make me smile.)

it's down for all of us, Violet; we'll have to wait another 6 hours or so for Joe to fix it, i imagine.

(and your letter arrived today. thanks so very much. it did make me smile.)

YAYAYAYAYAAYAYAY I AM SO PLEASED.

Damn. I wonder if my message replies will still be there when I come back to reply a second time..probably not. I'll save them elsewhere.

I'll be at the Muse concert in 6 hours, you'll see.

for the record, i'll be 41 in February. i share a birthday with James Joyce.

That is way cool. :cake:

I will be 52 in February. Let us all drink to, uhm... :mellow:

*toasts the yadas*

A Long Time Ago

Normally, I feel middle (or at least median) aged on AVEN but now I feel like a youngin.

welcome!

in other news: THE FORUM IS DOWN (again) (like everyone doesn't already know that)! and i have so much homework to do, and finals to study for, and so i have decided to stalk the forum until it works again.

A Long Time Ago

Funny, I seem to be able to browse the forum and post things right now.