A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Luftschlosseule

@MariClo Hello and welcome!

My hair is the only straight part about me, long and blond. I have a tiny undercut in my neck that you only see when I have my hair up.
I aspire to look like an elf, or a vampire. After realising I am agender I finally got why I like their looks in movies so much!

So, if we have an A-Team, I volunteer as archaeologist for research. If somebody has to shut themselves in a library, I'll do the job.

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza

@MariClo Welcome to the Avengers; I'm the getaway driver ;) I'm also in charge of any and all trainspotting and snail-wrangling requirements.

@Luftschlosseule Even my hair aren't straight ! Though having short curly hair can be pretty funny sometimes. It goes in every direction and doesn't want to go down.

And can I join you in the Library please ? I swear I won't make any noises (I feel like everyone look at me and it's an horrible feeling even if it's just while opening my bag or sitting on a chair).

@Anthracite_Impreza Not sure what snail-wrangling means but I'm counting on you ! 😎👉👉 (it's supposed to be finger guns...)

@ColeHW Thanks 😄 !

• Like 1
Anthracite_Impreza
3 hours ago, MariClo said:

Not sure what snail-wrangling means but I'm counting on you ! 😎👉👉 (it's supposed to be finger guns...)

Snail wrangling. You know, wrangling snails.

20181013-160247.jpg

• Like 2

... And thanks to YouTubers Peter Coffin and Thought Slime (both NB but present as traditionally male), the “am I cis or something NB/agender-ish?” train has started again :( 

This is confusing :( 

Anthracite_Impreza
3 minutes ago, Philguin Baggins said:

... And thanks to YouTubers Peter Coffin and Thought Slime (both NB but present as traditionally male), the “am I cis or something NB/agender-ish?” train has started again :( 

This is confusing :( 

I question whether I'm trans-male, trans-masculine or an enby who happens to like a lot of "male" things, a lot <_<

1 minute ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

I question whether I'm trans-male, trans-masculine or an enby who happens to like a lot of "male" things, a lot <_<

That’s basically why it’s confusing to me: “am I actually male or am I just fulfilling that role?”

Anthracite_Impreza
1 minute ago, Philguin Baggins said:

That’s basically why it’s confusing to me: “am I actually male or am I just fulfilling that role?”

Sort of male, but sort of enby, is where I'm currently at.

Do you feel happy to be male, do you have any gender dysphoria? Do you prepare people to refer to you as he/him or they/them?

7 minutes ago, Gracey72 said:

Do you feel happy to be male, do you have any gender dysphoria? Do you prepare people to refer to you as he/him or they/them?

Wait how long have you been on AVEN?

No dysphoria. He/him on pronouns, and I don’t know what I feel about being male. 

14 minutes ago, Gracey72 said:

Not very long.

Then if I'm honest I think you're male. 

Maybe. At this point my brain is basically still shrugging. Hopefully we can figure this out together — working this out alone is hard!

(For the record, Gracey knows me personally, so she can make a better assessment as to my identity than many other people here). 

7 minutes ago, Gracey72 said:

Well why do you think you could be nonbinary?

So we don’t derail the thread, let’s continue this in PM or offsite :) 

Anthracite_Impreza
1 hour ago, Gracey72 said:

Ok. Enjoy snailing everyone. 

I think I'm literally the sole snailer here :P

Luftschlosseule

I just want to throw in that I am genderfluid and on women-days I really can't explain what being agender means. The first times after coming out to myself it threw me into fits of confusion till I realised that that's what I meant with genderfluid.

I am not into snails, somehow. I prefer my animals to be mammals with long hair that makes them fluffy. ... mammal-aspect is not that important, but I want all the fluff.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Luftschlosseule said:

I just want to throw in that I am genderfluid and on women-days I really can't explain what being agender means. The first times after coming out to myself it threw me into fits of confusion till I realised that that's what I meant with genderfluid.

I am not into snails, somehow. I prefer my animals to be mammals with long hair that makes them fluffy. ... mammal-aspect is not that important, but I want all the fluff.

I think my partner feels kind of the same.
On male days, he feels so cis that he cannot relate to lgbt issues... but on his femme days he'll wear skirts and wonder if he's not a trans women after all... I think he's more in the binairy than you but yeah, genderfluid seems to be tricky sometimes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, could I hang out here for a bit? 

I'm still trying to figure things out. I'm really not sure what anyone means about 'feeling' male or female. I just.... Exist? I'm not sure if I experience dysphoria, though? I've found that being referred to as a woman has really started to bother me, but I don't know why. Some days I want people to perceive me as more masculine, and on others I think I must just be trying to fit into a box I don't belong in. 

Oh, and...I tried to teach myself to juggle a long time ago, does that count?... I'm above average height for my chromosomes.... I had chips with dinner, could I bring some ice cream to the potluck instead? 

(did someone say there were books somewhere? Can I scrooge mcduck them before volunteering to be on sorting duty?) 

• Like 2

You can hang out all you want.

Everyone is welcome wheter it is to find themselves, chat like normal people, or to help others realise.

Take a chair!

uhhhh.....hello.....i might be late on this.....but can i join?

• Like 1

also, im kinda useless, so i might not be able to really do anything but a very good impression of a lazy Clint Barton.

And i havent read any of the posts except for the ones on this page, and my typing is horrible

ahhhhhhhhhh its 12 at night and im feeling lonely someone please can anybody find meeeeee somebodyyyy tooooo looove

any nightowl AVENites out there? please..

Spoiler

*cri*