A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

I will be sure to announce my arrival before any further interaction with you. No offence meant, but you seem to be quite aggressive folk. 

• Like 1
WoodwindWhistler
On 3/26/2019 at 12:41 PM, PoeciMeta said:

Hey agender people, I have a question floating around in my head, would you like to be called trans? I'm not quite sure of this for myself, because if I completely lack a gender identity, it's pointless to put a label on it... but if trans is used in the very wide sense of ''not cis'', then I'm definitely trans. Anyone has an opinion on this? What's your preference? 

Also I'm not sure about my (lack of) gender, unsurprisingly, but weirdly I WANT to be agender so bad. 

Looking at "trans" as a modern Western phenomenon, here. What I've read of other cultures, mostly people with differing gender identities from their bodies are either considered a special thing unto themselves, or at least in some respect acknowledge their physicalities and don't try to cram themselves into norms, into "only" on one side of the binary or the other, i.e., only be a man or a woman, period. "Passing" as a dominant aspect of gender nonconformity is, as I understand it, a relatively new phenomenon, probably brought on by the science enabling it, AND the intensifying of transphobia in the West. 

In ancient times, 'male daughters', for instance, could inherit their father's property like a man. They were ascribed those legal rights. 

One of my favorites is the Pueblo, who didn't even have separate words for any gender nonconforming people . . . whatever people wanted to do, they did, however they wanted to dress, they did, and whoever they wanted to marry, they did. No semantic quarreling over whether they were 'men' 'women' 'something else', they were just people. 

There is plenty of space in the trans community that consider nonbinary people trans. There are also segments that insist if you do not experience dysphoria or want to at least take hormones, or *live* as the opposite gender you are not trans. I think it's less prevalent that biphobia in LGBT places, but that may only because trans people are so much rarer. 

Honestly, you may want to put some feelers out in your local LGBT movement to see where they stand. That may determine whether you want to go to bat for it, or not mess with it. 

For me personally, even though I consider myself mainly agender, and, if pressed, masculine of center (female bodied), I do not want to negotiate 'coming out' as that to people in general. I'm already sort of regretting writing up an asexual testimony for my university, not because I've gotten any hate for it, but because it makes me feel too exposed. My sexuality and my gender are, in general, private things to me. I also have other, unrelated things that I will never, ever openly talk about in my general life and frequently double check to make sure my friends do not, either. I don't even talk about them on the forums if I can help it, though they've been mentioned at least once when the situation called for it. So I don't consider gender a special thing I keep to myself, either. 

Bottom line is, your business is your business, and unless your gender presentation is wildly disruptive (if you are male bodied, dressing as female is fraught with way more danger than the other way around, which is considered pretty standard in the 'empowered woman' age) you have the choice whether or not it's worth it. Much like bisexuals technically have the choice whether to 'appear' straight or not, and if they choose that it's perfect fine, despite the hate they get from some LGBT people. 

The Incarnation Of Boredom

Howdy

Lucky Black Cat

Howdy... 

You're not a flower that's going to try and steal my soul, are you?

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
the-duck-knight

...I came here bc I saw it was an agender forum and y'all were talking about animal sacrifice?? What's going on???

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule
6 hours ago, the-duck-knight said:

...I came here bc I saw it was an agender forum and y'all were talking about animal sacrifice?? What's going on???

I don't know, but welcome! Let's see where this leads. Cookie?

9 hours ago, the-duck-knight said:

.... Ah... sorry about that? XD We just started chatting randomly and we got carried away. 

Just for Fun is a more appropriate place to do that XD We have some shad cake there if you want to drop by :3

• Like 3
Anthracite_Impreza
10 hours ago, the-duck-knight said:

This is AVEN ;)

• Like 3

It really is common for us and multiple groups on aven to talk about weird things.

That's what is so great here :3

Luftschlosseule

Imagine how boring forums would be if you would always know beforehand what you're going to read.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
The Incarnation Of Boredom
On 4/6/2019 at 11:55 PM, Lucky Black Cat said:

Howdy... 

You're not a flower that's going to try and steal my soul, are you?

Howdy! I'm flowey the flower! Your new best friend!

Oh god I'm cringing at myself, it was so many years ago when I liked that fandom...

Well, as I've already made it bad for myself, here's my papyrus impression!

HELLO HUMANS! IT IS I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS! I SEE YOU HAVE YOURSELF A LITTLE FORUM FOR AGENDER PEOPLE! PAPYRUS APPROVES!!

(end me why am I doing this)

• Like 2

Then I'm Cole.

The only person that can make a nuclear powered microbrewery just for the hell of it

• Like 1
PoeciMeta
48 minutes ago, ColeHW said:

Then I'm Cole.

The only person that can make a nuclear powered microbrewery just for the hell of it

What about nuclear powered microbes? °^° [because I can't read] 

Interesting enough there are microbes immune to radiation.

And basically everything.

PoeciMeta
49 minutes ago, ColeHW said:

Interesting enough there are microbes immune to radiation.

And basically everything.

Yup, some resist to gamma rays, some to extreme heat or salinity, or the vacuum of space. Don't know when the gamma ray resistance is supposed to come in handy in the wild, though. Is it a remnant of the time when the ozone layer wasn't there yet? Pure chance? Or is it just them seeing humans and going ''uh-oh''? (meaning they gained it due to proximity of a site where a nuclear... thing... happened, whatever it is)? Can't remember... 

Luftschlosseule

Kind of a discworld thought: I imagine the god of evolution throwing dice for cool special powers.

"Ha, nice one!"

• Like 3
PoeciMeta
1 hour ago, Luftschlosseule said:

Kind of a discworld thought: I imagine the god of evolution throwing dice for cool special powers.

"Ha, nice one!"

Blood-squirting lizard: "Why..." *literally cries tears of blood*

I love that image XD There are so many awesome and weird abilities living things have! 

Including my dog who knows the words walk even if I spell it out  or use the word stroll.

PoeciMeta

Dogs are amazing at understanding humans. 

There's this dog named Chaser who's famous for knowing more than a hundred words. 

Yeah, dogs and cats (and probably some other pets I'm not thinking of) can get really good at understanding things. My cats know a lot of words; I sometimes forget how many until I say something that they react to. One of them tries harder to communicate than the others, but they all have a good understanding of things like 'play' and 'food' and, of course, 'vet', as well as just about every possible variation of opening the window.

• Like 1
Plato Potato

So I read the latest page, since I just arrived, and it jumps from howdy to soul-stealing flowers to animal sacrifice to cookies to Undertale to nuclear powered microbreweries to  nuclear powered microbes to resistant microbes to evolution gods tossing dice  to blood-squirting lizards  to  a dog named Chaser to dogs and cats.

I like it here.

Howdy.

• Like 4
Lucky Black Cat
3 hours ago, Plato Potato said:

So I read the latest page, since I just arrived, and it jumps from howdy to soul-stealing flowers to animal sacrifice to cookies to Undertale to nuclear powered microbreweries to  nuclear powered microbes to resistant microbes to evolution gods tossing dice  to blood-squirting lizards  to  a dog named Chaser to dogs and cats.

I like it here.

Howdy.

Howdy~ 

If you go further back you get to plotting to take over the world from the shadows ^^' 

Welcome to the madness~

Have some cake! 

🍰🍰🍰

• Like 1

@Plato Potato Expect nothing less random from us. Any contribution to the ambient nonsense is greatly appreciated. Welcome~🥧

• Like 1
Captain_Tass
34 minutes ago, PoeciMeta said:

Any contribution to the ambient nonsense is greatly appreciated.

Any contribution, you said?

[Spoilered for minor endgame spoilers]

Spoiler

SPOILER_unknown.png

• Like 3
Just now, Life Of Tass said:

Any contribution, you said?

[Spoilered for minor endgame spoilers]

Hide contents

SPOILER_unknown.png

Yes, this perfectly participates to the chaotic randomness of this place. Many thanks ^^

• Like 1
Captain_Tass
Just now, PoeciMeta said:

Yes, this perfectly participates to the chaotic randomness of this place. Many thanks ^^

Oddly empowering as well, so I see this as an absolute win!

(Okay, Imma stop now)

• Like 1