A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

feels nice to finally be welcomed somewhere oof sorry that was a little depressing.

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I need friends...

@WatermelonFPV Welcome as well, both to the thread and to AVEN!

@Skye Frost Well, you're always welcome here. And I'm sure you'll make friends here. There are a lot of very cool people. If you're looking for friends, feel free to PM me if there's anything you want to talk about! I always enjoy getting to know new people.

Luftschlosseule

Welcome all of you! If you don't grab all of the cookies you can stay as long as you want, as far as I am concerned.

Happy new year and a nice day on top of it. 🙂

サイコPsycho

Hello. I'm brand new. Like 30 mins new. And I'm a little overwhelmed but I know I'm looking for a group of agender people because I've never met another agender person. So hi, yeah.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Life With Masks

Hello. I'm mentally agender but not body wise. I have a hard time understanding how one gender thinks and I seem to be unable to fit in a box. I prefer to make my birth sex not know unless specifically necessary. I usually hide my gender online.

I have dysphoria since a long time but I have an outlet that makes me less aware of it: anime and games.

My dysphoria is difficult to come with terms since I don't want to have the other sex sexual characteristics, simply would like to make my ones less visible and become more genderless. Same for my social standing.

Luftschlosseule

@Wandering Daydreamer Welcome to you and all the others that found here!

Well, if your body were agender I'd be very jealous but also curious as to how you managed that.

Fourth sunny day in a row, looks like spring is coming!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Oh, hey, this looks like a pretty nice place! So quiet and all! And crisps!! 

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

Welcome to all new people!
I bought new clothes and my new cardigan is so long I can pretend it's a Hogwarts robe. Love it.

• Like 2

Hey agender people, I have a question floating around in my head, would you like to be called trans? I'm not quite sure of this for myself, because if I completely lack a gender identity, it's pointless to put a label on it... but if trans is used in the very wide sense of ''not cis'', then I'm definitely trans. Anyone has an opinion on this? What's your preference? 

Also I'm not sure about my (lack of) gender, unsurprisingly, but weirdly I WANT to be agender so bad. 

I would say that I am trans in the broad sense. But I am using usually non-binary or genderqueer and not trans as I have sometimes a slight feeling of me appropriating trans. I would not say you are not allowed to use trans as an agender person. I am perfectly okay with being called trans. I am questioning my gender, however I would say mostly agender with fluidity towards more masculine or feminine.

• Like 3
Captain_Tass
1 minute ago, PoeciMeta said:

Hey agender people, I have a question floating around in my head, would you like to be called trans? I'm not quite sure of this for myself, because if I completely lack a gender identity, it's pointless to put a label on it... but if trans is used in the very wide sense of ''not cis'', then I'm definitely trans. Anyone has an opinion on this? What's your preference? 

Also I'm not sure about my (lack of) gender, unsurprisingly, but weirdly I WANT to be agender so bad. 

Depends on the person, I guess. I don't mind being called trans, but I will never demand to be called trans as I don't experience physical dysphoria (The way I see it, my body isn't a girl's body, it's just my own body) but I do experience social dysphoria. However, other agender people do experience physical dysphoria and need to medically transition.

So if trans is used as "Anyone not cis", then yes, I am trans. However, if it's used as "Needs to medically transition/ has medically transitioned", I am not trans and will never claim to be. However, I'll always fully support anyone who is!

• Like 2
no-longer-in-use
12 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

I absolutely see myself as trans and identify as such, but agender/nonbinary takes priority over that in my mind because it is a more specific and descriptive label.

• Like 1
Luftschlosseule

I know that I am trans when trans is "doesn't identify with the binary gender noted on birth certificate", but the only person that is allowed to call me trans is me. You can call me non-binary, if you want.

• Like 3

Thanks people, makes sense to me. I guess I would find that a bit weird if someone called me trans, even if I am strictly speaking. 

Also, hey @Coddiwomple! It's been a long while, how's the agender label working for you? 

• Like 1
EmotionalAndroid
23 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

While I am stepping back from using labels, I do consider myself agender just because I know I am not my physical form. My true self (consciousness, soul, what have you) has no gender. I don't really think gender matters that much at all, seeing how we are all the same non-physically.

As Luftschlosseule expressed, I suppose I would technically be trans by that definition. Personally, I don't consider myself trans, just because I don't think it is important for me to do so. For me, I think it would just bog me down in details that don't matter. Gender is an odd constraint that I don't understand, so I just don't worry about it.

On 2/16/2019 at 1:06 PM, Life With Masks said:

I have a hard time understanding how one gender thinks and I seem to be unable to fit in a box.

That's okay. I don't understand it either. Don't let it worry you, and don't try to constrain yourself to fit in a box. Doing so just adds extra constraints to your life that you don't need. :) 

• Like 2
no-longer-in-use
12 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

Also, hey @Coddiwomple! It's been a long while, how's the agender label working for you? 

Yeah, it has. I stopped identifying as agender for a while but now I'm back. I feel more comfortable with this label than I have with any other one for a while, so that's good. Maybe it'll actually stick this time, that would be nice. How are you?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Coddiwomple said:

Yeah, it has. I stopped identifying as agender for a while but now I'm back. I feel more comfortable with this label than I have with any other one for a while, so that's good. Maybe it'll actually stick this time, that would be nice. How are you?

That's great! I'm glad you found something that fits, even if just partially. 

I'm growing more confident about my own lack of a gender, despite my stupid brain telling me that's only what I want to be, so I'm great! ^^

• Like 3
no-longer-in-use
20 hours ago, PoeciMeta said:

That's great! I'm glad you found something that fits, even if just partially. 

I'm growing more confident about my own lack of a gender, despite my stupid brain telling me that's only what I want to be, so I'm great! ^^

Thanks, I'm glad too.

Yay, that's awesome! Genderlessness is not made-up :)

• Like 1
ElasticPlanet
On 3/26/2019 at 4:41 PM, PoeciMeta said:

would you like to be called trans?

I'm sufficiently miffed about what I got assigned at birth (and about the binary opposite that wouldn't really have been right for me either), to identify as trans in addition to my main label agender. I'm hoping for a relatively simple existence where medical transition won't turn out to be needed, but... that's for me to discover, not decide, and whichever way that goes, I'm still somewhat trans.

On 3/28/2019 at 6:58 AM, PoeciMeta said:

I'm growing more confident about my own lack of a gender, despite my stupid brain telling me that's only what I want to be

I had that too. The "I want to be agender but what am I actually?" thing. Part (but not all) of the answer for me was learning to read "want to be" as "am"...

• Like 2
Lucky Black Cat

Um... is there room for a little newbie?

I bring cake~ 🍰 

• Like 3