Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

Phiffenella

Not at all. I didn't mind sex when I was married and never said "no" but it bothered my husband that I never initiated it. I've been divorced for 34 years and have not minded being celibate at all.

I could probably go the rest of my life without penetrative sex at least, but I feel from time to time I would like some other level of sexual activity, yes. I didn't really come to terms with what I would say is my demisexuality until after I had tried oral sex and various encounters of foreplay w different guys. I don't feel an innate desire to do anything more, but I'm open to it and accept that it may help a partner (I've never had an asexual partner) establish an emotional bond with it. I'm fine with or without if I'm in a relationship.

Blue Phoenix Ace

I'll take the million euros personally (which is worth quite a bit less now than a couple of years ago). I'm a virgin but have no desire to change that. However, it does remain a curiosity. Kind of like what it must be like to take meth or heroin.

The last and final time ended up with my nuts being poisoned I'm to kind for most people I realized it would take someone like me to put up with me playful but not sexual

Midnight Radio

I would be perfectly fine with it. As someone else has said, I miss cuddling. Not even in a romantic sense, I have some friends who get cuddly when they're drunk ^_^

nope.
It was sometimes OK when I was young and in love but I prefer listening to my favourite music...

jay williams

The last and final time ended up with my nuts being poisoned I'm to kind for most people I realized it would take someone like me to put up with me playful but not sexual

Your nuts were poisoned? What does that mean?

Your nuts were poisoned? What does that mean?

I assumed VD.

Sex just isn't a part of my life, and if I never have it again I couldn't care less. I have had relationships end because of it, and am single. I think it is highly unlikely I will ever be in a relationship again because I think it is highly unlikely I will meet someone else who wants a sexless relationship. I am reasonably content being single but am 100% content without sex. What does everyone else think sexuals/asexuals about the thought of not having sex again, would it bother you?

I've been in relationships and had sex many times before- trying to fit in and be normal, it's the done thing yadda yadda yadda...

So no one can use the 'oh you don't know what you're missing' line on me. I can say that for the first time in my life (fairly long life, I'm no spring chicken) I am totally happy and I would not want sex or a relationship ever again...the thought that it might happen (you know while I'm asleep, or not looking or something then Aargh crap - I'm in a relationship and oh dammit I've had sex!! Noooo!!) bothers me much more than the thought of it not happening.

Autumn Season

I'm so busy avoiding sex, it would make me a huge hypocrite to desire it in secret.

So no, I don't miss or want sex at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It bothers me a LOT that I've never had an experience where I was completely accepted and loved in that way, despite my issues and dysfunctions. I feel like the sexual part of my being has never been accepted or loved unconditionally, and that is what I feel deprived of and deeply sad about.

UncommonNonsense

I've only had sex once in my life. This was long before I learned that there was a legitimate term for my lack of sex drive. And I only did so because I thought that it was expected and because the guy was really pushing me into it. I was only 17, was quite naive, and really did care deeply about the guy. I was, at that age, way too easy to coerce.

I did not enjoy the experience, to say the very least.

I would be thrilled if I never have to deal with that again. I'm 39 now.

Looking back on that experience, it was coercion, maybe even rape, since I had said no a few times before and during it and he just kept going despite me trying to push him off.

The relationship between us did not survive that episode. We never went out or hung out ever again. I moved away for university later that month without giving him my new address or phone number.

UncommonNonsense

It bothers me a LOT that I've never had an experience where I was completely accepted and loved in that way, despite my issues and dysfunctions. I feel like the sexual part of my being has never been accepted or loved unconditionally, and that is what I feel deprived of and deeply sad about.

I understand this.. though I don't have a 'sexual part of my being'. For me, it's that no one I've ever cared for in a romantic way has ever loved me enough in return to overlook my differences, disabilities, and the aspects of my appearance that do not conform to what is currently seen as 'ideal'. And while it doesn't usually hit me hard, if I fall back into one of the cyclic depressive episodes I am prone to, this is one of the things I can get very depressed about. Because it *is* kind of lonely, to feel that way.

I'm ace and sex-repulsed, but I do have a romantic aspect. I'm also very loving and loyal, and like to do things that tell the other person that I care, even if I'm not very good at saying it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sex no. Masturbation and climax yes. :)

For myself, think I'm more scientific when it comes to sex. I've had sex, I've repeated the experiment to confirm the result, and I'd much rather just masturbate. :)

I'm an aromantic non libidoist ace and a virgin so I'm not looking for it. I think I would like to try kissing someone, just to know what it's like, not to have any kind of relationship with them. I'm a bit curious about it to be honest, but not enough to want to try it :p

HypocryteHater

Physical sex, aka sex with meat people, hell no, never again! Online, aka cyber ... I don't actually miss it right now but can't rule it out completely. I don't think it would bother me if I never had that again, either.

Absolutely not. And if I could wave a magic wand and banish the fact of ever having had it in the first place, I would.

Depends on your definition of sex, I guess. And whether or not I was in a relationship....

Sex meaning sexual intercouse? Nope, wouldn't bother me a bit. Besides maybe once every ten years or so, I'd prefer to not have sex in that way.

Sex meaning sexual contact? If I'm in a relationship than yes. I like the emtional connection I feel with my partner through that and hate the idea of giving that up. If I'm to be single for the rest of my life, than nope, doesn't bother me at all.

I don't care either way. If not having sex negatively were to negatively affect romantic relationships, then obviously I'd need to rethink things.

It would mean doing without something I've never wanted and never experienced, so on that side no problem. On the other hand my enquiring mind wonders if it really is the mystical life enhancing experience it's portrayed as. But it could just be a lot of hard work for nothing.

Overall all then, no I won't miss it

Nope.

And I hope I'll never have to go through that, I feel nothing, stuff again.

Tried it, done it multiple times. Job done.

Heckin Chonkosaurus

I'm in my mid-40's now, never had sex, and never want to. Some of this comes from body image issues, but it's mainly because the thought of having sexual contact makes me feel a bit queasy.

Would not bother me to not have sex, 38 still a Virgin, happy single. Not someone who seeks out relationship, but if I did find a companion it wouldt be anything more than curling up on the sofa Or the odd hug...

Had sexual intercourse once. It happened on September 11, 2002 and I was 35 years and 248 days old. The next year, 40 year old virgin came out and I was.... relieved that nobody would find out I was a virgin when I turned 40 and try to get me laid.

I don't ever have to have sex again.

I really wouldn't mind never having penetrative sex. I'm not even sure I would be bothered with never experiencing non-penetrative sex with another person.

It just seems like an intimacy I'm not comfortable sharing with another person.

• 2 weeks later...
asanaambitions

I think the fact that I really could, quite happily, never have sex again is what prompted my decision to explore if I might be asexual. Like some others, I do enjoy romantic companionship but overall I feel like I just can't connect to most people because I don't understand the obsession with sex. And I've had lots. At best it's kinda nice. At worst it's something horrible and soul crushing. Why so many want it constantly I have zero clue, things like books, food and conversation are always way more pleasureable experiences.

Don't need sex at all, but I love the idea of being in love. Hard to work that out.

It wouldn't bother me to never have sex again. But that would probably ruin the relationship I am in, and I do like that.

Archived