Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

I am glad to read that there are other "older" members that have never had sex and don't plan on it. I've also never had it and do not plan on it. The thought of it just stresses me out.

Yes, it would bother me and has eaten me alive for a long, long, time (Since I was about 9). Can it continue to bother me though? No.

Hmm. I remember reading this thread a few times and just realized that I have never answered the question. So here goes...

It would please me greatly to never have to have sex ever again. When I became a vegetarian I counted the years of meatless eating that I had under my belt. I can tell you to the hour, the last time I had a drink and all the surrounding details. But the last time I had sex? Not sure... I'd have to calculate by how long I was at my old apartment plus this past year and it would still just be a guess. So, unlike with booze where I feel stronger the further behind me those days are sex is almost a non memory. I was usually fit shaced during anyway. I'm just glad that I'll never have to go through it again.

shadowheart

I can't exactly remember what intercourse was like and that doesn't really bother me. So honestly, I would have to say I wouldn't miss a thing.

jay williams

I should hope it would not bother me. It has been about 25 years since I have had sex with anyone. It wasn't traumatic. It wasn't exactly fun either. Needless to say, I did not feel the earth move. LOL

It was just so alien to my state of mind, my feelings, my emotions... Once and for all, I knew it was not for me.

It ain't ever gonna happen again.

No, it wouldn't bother me. There are so many more exciting and fulfilling things in life that I want to experience. I focus on those instead. I don't even think about sex, it just doesn't cross my mind. I am single and even when I let my mind wander off on a romantic tangent, musing about a potential life partner for myself, the idea of sex still doesn't come into my thoughts. I am happy the way that I am.

Dobos Torte

I must be a rare case, but...

...I used to have a lot of sex dreams and feel things in those dreams but they would not result in being wet when I'm awake...and those dreams were particularly unpleasant sometimes. They are now very rare. I am keen on seeing what being physically close to a loved one looks like, but everything from nudity to sex, I'm not really looking forward to or particularly crazy about.

So, not sure if I care. I have also never been on a plane, but that one really gets me down.

Hmmm...

I got it, I got it!

I want to take a plane ride. Screw sex. LOL.

At this point and the way I feel about people, No not having sex anymore would not bother me.

I must be a rare case, but...

...I used to have a lot of sex dreams and feel things in those dreams but they would not result in being wet when I'm awake...and those dreams were particularly unpleasant sometimes. They are now very rare. I am keen on seeing what being physically close to a loved one looks like, but everything from nudity to sex, I'm not really looking forward to or particularly crazy about.

So, not sure if I care. I have also never been on a plane, but that one really gets me down.

Hmmm...

I got it, I got it!

I want to take a plane ride. Screw sex. LOL.

lol

I am a virgin.

I've never want sex (which is why I thought there was something wrong with me) and don't really have the desire to now.

So no

And I feel you on thinking you will never find someone that doesn't want sex.

uncommonangel

NO... absolutely NOT. Since my soon-to-be-ex-idiot ran off, I have been SO relieved that I wouldn't be pressured to relieve his "needs". *shudder* I would rather clean the litter box, wash the dishes, while delirious with FLU instead of having sex... instead of "making out"... I never could enjoy kissing, touching, any sexual type of contact. At first, sex was just a curiousity and I didn't bother to say no... never instigated or encouraged... just didn't STOP him. (wasn't impressed either...lol) After feeling the responsibility to HAVE to do what was expected, I would sit in the corner of my room afterwards, curled up on the floor...crying...while my bf was sleeping. It always felt like I was killing a part of me... like I was almost letting someone molest me. And I did so with my own free WILL... never knew about asexuality... never knew there was any other option... now I DO know. After 18yrs of marriage and a soul killing relationship from hell, I escaped, and survived. I DO have 3 kids now, that I would NEVER have had other wise. But I have never wanted to get sexually intimate... to "make out"... and now, with my second year at being 39 (lmao) I know with absolute certainty that I am never going to change. And I AM lonely after working nights for ALL those years, then staying home with the kids while idiot ex went out and did leagues and went out with friends... then he even slept with my ONLY & best friend... yeppers. I am just lonely in the way that I want to find companionship. A partner to give me a back massage (and shoulder massage) when I am tensed up, go hiking,& watch movies... cause when my teens are out of the house, I am afraid I will be ALL ALONE. I think we all sort of distance ourselves once we start to notice our difference from others. I think I did so too well. To the point of social phobia. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Never had sex.

At this point in time don't care if I do.

NO... absolutely NOT. Since my soon-to-be-ex-idiot ran off, I have been SO relieved that I wouldn't be pressured to relieve his "needs". *shudder* I would rather clean the litter box, wash the dishes, while delirious with FLU instead of having sex... instead of "making out"... I never could enjoy kissing, touching, any sexual type of contact. At first, sex was just a curiousity and I didn't bother to say no... never instigated or encouraged... just didn't STOP him. (wasn't impressed either...lol) After feeling the responsibility to HAVE to do what was expected, I would sit in the corner of my room afterwards, curled up on the floor...crying...while my bf was sleeping. It always felt like I was killing a part of me... like I was almost letting someone molest me. And I did so with my own free WILL... never knew about asexuality... never knew there was any other option... now I DO know. After 18yrs of marriage and a soul killing relationship from hell, I escaped, and survived. I DO have 3 kids now, that I would NEVER have had other wise. But I have never wanted to get sexually intimate... to "make out"... and now, with my second year at being 39 (lmao) I know with absolute certainty that I am never going to change. And I AM lonely after working nights for ALL those years, then staying home with the kids while idiot ex went out and did leagues and went out with friends... then he even slept with my ONLY & best friend... yeppers. I am just lonely in the way that I want to find companionship. A partner to give me a back massage (and shoulder massage) when I am tensed up, go hiking,& watch movies... cause when my teens are out of the house, I am afraid I will be ALL ALONE. I think we all sort of distance ourselves once we start to notice our difference from others. I think I did so too well. To the point of social phobia. :P

Not really trying to make conversation but was reading your post and I noticed that you might have a social phobia and I thought that is what I had a first but I don't think that is the case, for one thing I was always taught that if you are going to go out the house it would be a good idea to have some money with you when you go out and I work nights like you and work overtime, the thing that bothers me about going out if you living in a smaller area is that you basically see the same people and know they are full of bull and for me I know that I cannot tolerate the bull from other people anymore, I think I have hit the year mark now and it doesn't bother me but I do agree with you on the companionship thing though, I just am not desperate for companionship anymore.

I would have to say, no thanks. No, I with all certainty, I do not miss sex. I have zero libido and like being without. I like waking up alone and am perfectly happy with things the way they are. I think the world in general is too sex based. Even if it meant no relationship for the rest of my life, I would still choose no sex. Oh, and I have zero sex drive. I have been this way for many years and in regards to other things in general, I am set in my ways. I am very happy with how things are at present.

Hi, I brought some cake too and everyone is invited to share :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: :) .

I brought some cake for everyone to share :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: enjoy!

On a more serious side, I think all of us have different reasons with the same choice result. I also think that a persons choice of living, no matter the reason, should be respected as long as it does not encroach upon anothers right to live as they choose. Let's face it, there are some weirdos out there that have seemingly normal lives. As long as they don't mess with children or me, well whatever. It's not my business to go looking. However, if they seek to encroach on my choice of life, then there is a problem. Not having sex is a biological fact for me. No sex drive, no libido, hell, I don't care if the thing is removed and the hole left over is sewn up. I am not into any form of sex. I say no thank you to the whole thing and am the happier for it.

I have never had sex and never care to. At my age if I die a virgin then I guess I would just say I lived a bit differently to most. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

it would definitely not bother me in any way if i never had sex again (though it does seem to bother other people ahahha). i am 55, single, and have not been physical with anyone for 7+ years and it makes my skin crawl to think of doing so... i am perfectly happy as i am :cake:

Hell no it wouldn't bother me! After finally being able to label my orientation in 2012 I'm embracing my sexless life Woo hoo!!

I don't think it would but then I never say never. Anything can happen! I certainly don't intend to and experience tells me that I would be fine with it.

I´ve had so much sex during my 31 year long life, I never craved or wanted, that I would welcome the prospect of never having to "take a bullet for the team" again! Sadly, it would probably mean that I would have to live the rest of my life alone :(

MarvelFrozen

Being a virgin hasn't bothered me for 35 years, and I doubt it will bother me in the future.

No, have had sex unsuccessfully lol can get aroused but not for the act itself I have fetishes thats what can arouse me but no sex please

catsaregood

Being a virgin hasn't bothered me for 35 years, and I doubt it will bother me in the future.

Being a virgin kind-of has bothered me for 38 years :) but probably mainly because I thought I was the only one, or that there was something so crap about me that noone wanted me! (So glad to have found AVEN!) Never really even thought about myself and the fact that I didn't want to have sex, just was obediently fitting in to society's expectations. But am very happy to know that I'm ok to NOT want sex ever - I'm happy to stay this way!

Edit: Woops, I'm not exactly one of the older Asexuals. :P

As a sex-averse asexual I can say with 100% percent certainty that, no, it would not bother me to never have sex.

catsaregood

(teehee I was about to post that you were too young for this thread! Pesky children :P - that's my inner child sticking its tongue out at you!) But definitely with you, Blue Eyes :)

Edit - you changed your avie while I was typing Tricked me :)

Archived