Would it bother YOU, if you never have sex/never have sex again?

Beachwalker

I never cared when I was younger, but now that I'm older and friends around me are becoming more sexually active in their relationships, I am beginning to become curious. Though the chances of meeting someone who tickles my fancy enough are slim to none. Plus it would probably be the worst night of their life. Ha.

rotanimonedaifg

I would be perfectly fine never having sex. I think that in a lot of ways I'm better off in that scenario.

I assume I will never have sex again. I am doubtful that I could. I have not had sex for over 30 years. I am either a grey-sexual or a demi-sexual or some such thing. I do have a libido, but I have NEVER been worth a damn at sex. I have even been screamed at for failure to "perform" right, as if I were intentionally messing up.

I prefer never having to try again.

It would be nice if there was a woman who accepted a relationship without doing it. The singles ads are full of women who want a virile sexual acrobat. LOL

It is becoming less of an issue, now that I am a 63 year old man.

Screamed?! Good grief! :wacko: Did you scream back? :mellow:

Lucinda

LOL. I confess that I exaggerated a bit. No, 'twas not literally a scream, but disappointment was expressed. To my sensitive nature, it seemed like a scream.

Vous parlez/ecrivez Francais?

I assume I will never have sex again. I am doubtful that I could. I have not had sex for over 30 years. I am either a grey-sexual or a demi-sexual or some such thing. I do have a libido, but I have NEVER been worth a damn at sex. I have even been screamed at for failure to "perform" right, as if I were intentionally messing up.

I prefer never having to try again.

It would be nice if there was a woman who accepted a relationship without doing it. The singles ads are full of women who want a virile sexual acrobat. LOL

Being a 51 year virgin myself this was something on my mind for years. Fumbling around during sex is something teenagers do when they are trying to figure it all out. At my age, it isn't cute and would be a turnoff for just about any woman I can imagine. As such, I cannot even imagine trying to engage in such activity now even if I had the desire.

Down in Texas

Techie : It is never to late if the right person comes along. I have known of two such males in my life that did not find that right person until in their late 60 and both men lived into their 90's so 30 years of happiness is more than some ever have. So never give up if its right you will know it just don't avoid what may be the best time of your life. And it does not have to be filled with endless sex but companionship and an occasional session may not be so bad.

It's such a relief to know that I never ever have to cave to pressure to have sex again! And no, it won't bother me a bit. :) :) :) I would like to have companionship, though. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't bother me at all to never have sex again. Haven't done so in about 14 years now. In the extremely unlikely case of me being in a relationship again, I wouldn't mind it, but it also wouldn't bother me at all to never be in a relationship again. These things just don't really have any meaning to me, I don't care one way or the other.

No. It wouldn't bother me at all. Sex is just for those who want to seek pleasure and want to start a family. I'm not the person who wants to lose his Virginity or seek pleasure and start a family.

Rolling Everforward

It's been 30 months this week. I feel ok about that, although I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I have had sex and enjoyed sex, but it would not bother me in the slightest if I didn't have it again.

At this point in my life, no, I wouldn't mind never having it.

Can't speak for my future self, though ;)

No. At this time I would prefer to never have sex again. It wasn't a pleasant experience and I could definitely live without it.

Wouldn't bother me at all... I really don't care about having sex with anyone...

Jon Thompson

I spent the first half of the '90s stopping in the middle of sex and saying, "I'm sorry, but I'm just not into this..." I've never missed it.

Wouldn't bother me at all...not even a little bit.

My friends used to ask how long each of us could go without sex, with most saying, "Two years tops".

I would think to myself, "Forever", but I would say, "Longer than you could imagine".

Nothing would change in my life if I never had sex again and, honestly, I'd be much happier if I didn't have to worry about anymore. It's an aspect of life I've never been connected to and wouldn't miss.

I don't think it would bother me if/when I find myself at the end of my days and I never had sex; however, it would indeed bother me that I missed out on having a romantic relationship with someone. But, then again, at this point in my life it would really take someone special for me to want to leave my solitary ways behind, and even then, I would still need a lot of personal "space". So I would miss having the relationship, not the act of sex itself. I just can't imagine myself wondering one day in the far future, "gee, I wonder what it would have been like to have a man's part in mine?", or, "gee, I wonder what it would have been like to give oral sex?"....Heck, I used to wonder about those things, but not any more.

WhenSummersGone

I don't think it would bother me if/when I find myself at the end of my days and I never had sex; however, it would indeed bother me that I missed out on having a romantic relationship with someone. But, then again, at this point in my life it would really take someone special for me to want to leave my solitary ways behind, and even then, I would still need a lot of personal "space". So I would miss having the relationship, not the act of sex itself. I just can't imagine myself wondering one day in the far future, "gee, I wonder what it would have been like to have a man's part in mine?", or, "gee, I wonder what it would have been like to give oral sex?"....Heck, I used to wonder about those things, but not any more.

I agree. I can say that my thoughts on sex as a young kid (age 9) didn't change much when I actually tried sex for itself at 17. Trying it won't change your opinion much so don't worry about it. If you can't see the fuss over it you're never going to. It's just best to accept yourself for who you are if you've found your way to this site.

I'm actually very content with the idea of never having sex again. The idea of being in a relationship in which sex is expected, however, does bother me. As does the idea of never being in a romantic relationship ever again. I want to have someone to love, who loves me. Someone who will be my best friend and romantic partner, but who is just as disinterested in sex as I am. That sounds perfect.

limping2victory

Sex just isn't a part of my life, and if I never have it again I couldn't care less. I have had relationships end because of it, and am single. I think it is highly unlikely I will ever be in a relationship again because I think it is highly unlikely I will meet someone else who wants a sexless relationship. I am reasonably content being single but am 100% content without sex. What does everyone else think sexuals/asexuals about the thought of not having sex again, would it bother you?

I laughed when I read your post. You sound like me. :) I don't intend to have sex again, and I'm very happy with that decision.

Wouldn't care if I never had it again... I will care if I have to spend the rest of my life alone because of it though...

No. I used to wonder if I was simply not emotionally maturing, or if I had completely skipped that process, but I eventually realized that this is where I fell in the spectrum. If I could have back all the calories I burnt in thought overdrive trying to sort out who I am, I would use them to go win the Tour de France 23 times.

Just be.

It's funny. I have never asked myself this until I saw this post and the answer is -at this stage of my life: no, I really couldn't be arsed if today the wizard of no sex is going to cast a spell on me and tell me I won't have sex again anymore.

I remember I had times in my life without sex and it was fine. I was badly depressed so the idea of sex was just out of my mind and my libido was dead.

And times in which I wanted sex so badly with anyone as long as he was cute.

I recently realized i'm not really interested in finding a sexual partner anymore. My friends are actually more interested than I am in me getting my sex fix :-D

I still fantasize in having sex with specific people either people I had sex with already or people I feel mentally attracted to, but in either cases I won't take the initiative -unlike I used to do- and it won't

probably bother me if it stays a fantasy.

This was a really illuminating question for me I have to say :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived