Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

I paint my nails.
Pinkies are black (cuz I pinky swear I'm asexual), Thumbs are black (cuz it's the biggest nail and the asexuality needs to be represented firmly).
Ring finger is grey because never say never? Index finger switches often, the go to is grey but is also sometimes is painted green or blue depending on the outfit. Middle finger is usually purple...cuz I'm giving you all the bird. j/k the middle finger is purple cuz you gotta put the community in there somewhere and the best place is in the center!

• Like 1

Dropping by this thread again to say--I'm really impressed with the availability of rings now. Just searching for "black and purple ring" on Amazon brings quite a few results. They even have a specifically ace ring with our colors. Loving it!

I've been wearing my obnoxiously large tungsten carbide black ring for a long time, but I just ordered a steel black ring with a purple band on it to add to my little finger. Getting aced out here! :D Can't wait to get it.

I also wear a black ring on my right hand middle finger, it's made of onyx.

• 3 weeks later...

I got my ring a couple of weeks ago. It’s also my digimon ring with the crest of courage on it.

MinnieMouse

I will wear this t-shirt in the pride parade in Stockholm next month. 

ORqE4vN.jpg

• Like 6
Beta_Version
On 6/17/2005 at 4:27 PM, Adrian said:

You know, black rings aren't even that hard to find. There's a place here in my own town that sells hemitite ones

OH MY! I had a hematite ring as a teen. I loved it and cried when it broke in a fall. Of course I had no idea what asexuality was, and yet here I am decades later thinking about getting a new one that actually represents something. 

ArbiterHeart

I had a black ring until it became too small for me. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Background: During pride month I complained to my friend that there was not enough just ace stuff. So for my birthday they got me a lanyard of the ace flag, I have worn it every day since. 

Today I went into my school bookstore wearing my lanyard, I was waiting for my friend to check out when another person behind the counter started talking to me. They told me that they liked my lanyard and that they were also ace. My awkward self got very flustered and did not know how to communicate properly all of the sudden. I’m not sure if this is super relevant to the topic at hand but it was my most recent experience with ace pride being acknowledged and I thought I might share it! :) 

• Like 6
  • 3 weeks later...
Siimo van der fietspad

I finally got an ace flag at Pride today!

Also had a purple t-shirt for a while so I decided to 'improve' it. What's nice is that this decoration is an in-joke and would be under the radar to most people who don't know I'm ace, especially as I'm known for baking as well.

IMG-20230830-WA0007.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
rainbowocollie

I have an ace shirt with cats and a few ace pins to wear on my clothes or bag

• 2 weeks later...

I've got two Pandora rings. One is silver with a round black stone, and the other is silver eyelet with black inlay. Just had a look on Amazon; I didn't realise there was so much asexual merch out there!

ThePapercraftingCat

I recently bought some ace flag shoelaces and an ace flag badge that's on my college lanyard. I also have some cake earrings in the ace flag colours as well. I also made an asexual t shirt that I wore at pride a few months ago.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
SunsetMudkip

I got an aroace (orange-blue flag) lanyard and enamel pin! Would love a handheld flag too but it's hard to find specific pride stuff in my part of the world.

• 1 month later...

My ring is matte black (tungsten carbide) with a thin wooden band set in it. Usually if I'm doing something manual to protect myself and my ring (it's hard but brittle) I'll take it off and wear a black silicone one instead, but I always wear one.

It's funny, I've worn mine for years and didn't even think about where the idea came from, recently joined this site and here I am, on the the very thread that started it! 😁😁