Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

I generally only wear a black ring on a day-to-day basis - but I do have two pins of the asexual flag, and a asexual-coloured wristband, if I'm feeling especially expressive! 

• Like 3
  • 1 year later...

i got an ace ring last week! i've been playing with it non-stop because i'm also super fidgety, so i ordered a spinny one. here's the link:

https://www.stimtastic.co/stim-jewelry/p/black-spinner-ring

and i just love it so much!! anyone interested: i highly recommend. it's amazing.

anyway, it's just so fun to have an ace ring finally!

• Like 1
DemonicEnby

Bought a ring on Saturday - gotta admit, thankful for the local goth store XD they always have a variation of black rings available. 

Was thinking of buying a shirt or two if I find one I like. 

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/17/2005 at 7:18 PM, Djet said:

For a while I wore this really small lock on a chain...I did get asked why I was wearing it a lot, though, even though I didn't think it was that obvious...I figured people would just think I had an odd bondage-esque taste in fashion.

I think it would be a good idea to wear this. But a specific type. Like have a key to it attached to a bracelet or a bag? Can this plz be a thing. I wanna know who I can talk to about this stuff.

Janus the Fox
18 hours ago, Nazzy said:
On 6/17/2005 at 7:18 PM, Djet said:

For a while I wore this really small lock on a chain...I did get asked why I was wearing it a lot, though, even though I didn't think it was that obvious...I figured people would just think I had an odd bondage-esque taste in fashion.

I think it would be a good idea to wear this. But a specific type. Like have a key to it attached to a bracelet or a bag? Can this plz be a thing. I wanna know who I can talk to about this stuff.

Though the first message is now 16 years old, there’s a lot of choice now in Ace symbols that didn’t exist 16 years ago.  Looking it up, add asexual to a search, a lot of options now I’m fairly sure.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

I made a set of aro-ace beaded bracelets (black, purple, grey, white, dark green, light green). It’s subtle if you don’t know what it means. Though I’m pretty open, so if people ask I usually don’t mind telling them.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
knittinghistorian

I got my ace ring at last! I turned it myself on a lathe, using thousands-of-years-old bog wood. Black, and with an EXTREMELY high coolness factor!

• Like 8
  • 1 month later...
WizardGrayFire

I recently ordered a black d20 ring from critsuccess.com and I’m super excited :))

The question is this: was the fact that it’s a d20 ring an excuse to get an ace symbol, or was the fact that it’s an ace symbol an excuse to get a d20 ring? I don’t think even I know.

• Like 2

Badali Jewelry has a pride collection now.  They specialize in jewelry based on fantasy books, but 80% of their employees are LGBTQ+ so they decided to create a pride collection.  I purchased an ace necklace and earrings from them at Comic Con and they were super nice people.  5% of their sales go to Project Rainbow in Utah, which is where they are from.

https://badalijewelry.com/collections/pride

• Like 3

I have a black ring worn on my middle finger on my right hand and depending on how I feel I have a hand made Ace of hearts canvas bag or an ace of spades. People will ask where I get it from I just say they are symbols of asexuality.

• Like 1

I used to wear a wedding band, didn't feel like wearing a ring again, but I always wear my watch, so I got this instead:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1030924948/asexual-flag-apple-smart-watch-band

It should arrive next week so I can't yet vouch for its quality, but I like the look of it. I think it will work out well, especially for when I meet large groups of new people, that those who are interested can ask.

• Like 1
Ace_Reporter
On 6/16/2005 at 9:42 PM, Rabger said:

You mean aside from it getting posted in the paper?

If you only knew what I do for a living ...

My way to show Pride is with Pride flags.

I'm aroace, and I wave the asexual, the aromantic, and the 6-stripe rainbow pride flag.

I also have two (very) small attachable pins/badges at my backpack, showing an aro and ace flag each.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 2:02 PM, SimonB said:

I used to wear a wedding band, didn't feel like wearing a ring again, but I always wear my watch, so I got this instead:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1030924948/asexual-flag-apple-smart-watch-band

It should arrive next week so I can't yet vouch for its quality, but I like the look of it. I think it will work out well, especially for when I meet large groups of new people, that those who are interested can ask.

The quality isn't amazing, but since it's literally the only ace watch band I could find, it'll do for now 🙂

front.jpgside.jpg

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I wear a black silicone ring on my right middle finger. I got it from "A Force For Good," which also has the added benefit of supporting a goal of helping people get access to clean water. Here's a link: https://aforceforgood.co/ 

• Like 2

I wear a black ring, though mine has a tiny silver Star Trek logo on it because I'm a huge nerd lol. I got it really cheap on Wish. Other than that, I sometimes wear pride pins/buttons/whatever you want to call them.

• 1 month later...

I got a Pandora ME black ring this year and I love it. It’s stylish, it’s delicate, and it has a subtle flash of rose gold from the inner band that always catches the light while still being a black ring. I wear it every day as my signature ring. Those who know get excited, and those I don’t want to know, I can just say it’s a nice Pandora thing.

My next step is to acquire all the ace flag pins and put them on everything!

• Like 1
AsterTheDisaster

I think this is crazy that the first post in this thread is a few years younger than me. Someone made this post and now the other day I had three people recognize my ace ring in the same day.  What a crazy feeling to read back over this thread. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I have a black ring, but I also have pins for my bag, and laces. Just little things that give me comfort when I need it. 💜

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 10/23/2022 at 2:23 PM, freepikachu said:

I got a Pandora ME black ring this year and I love it. It’s stylish, it’s delicate, and it has a subtle flash of rose gold from the inner band that always catches the light while still being a black ring. I wear it every day as my signature ring. Those who know get excited, and those I don’t want to know, I can just say it’s a nice Pandora thing.

My next step is to acquire all the ace flag pins and put them on everything!

I have wanted to order one of these so badly!   I just have no idea of my ring size!   I'm not familiar if Pandora has physical stores, and I have no way of knowing what size my finger is.  My weight has fluctuated a lot recently.   Do you like it?

• 1 month later...

Don't have a ring (hoping to get one for myself soon!), but I do have a necklace with small rings of the ace colors on it! I mainly wear it when I'm around friends or going out

• 3 weeks later...
Sebastian The Bat

i recently made myself a pair of ace and aro rings out of tiny pony beads and im super happy with them! Ive been wanting an ace ring since middle school and now i have my own :0

• 4 weeks later...

I recently made a watercolour aroace flag, it's on my wall

• 4 weeks later...

I wear a black ring on my right middle finger. In most of what I’ve read on these great internets, it’s the traditional finger for an ace ring. 

• Like 1

It might not technically count.. But it counts to me. I am not much for jewelry so one outfit I like to wear is a purple zip-up hoodie, white t-shirt, black jeans and black and white converse style shoes. (I do understand that grey is missing but it serves the point for me all the same.)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Sundreamers

I got this cat necklace recently that has ace-coloured rings on it. The rings are pretty small so it's sort of subtle. I don't usually wear jewelry though so it probably won't be so subtle to people who know me 🤣

y0pbBoN.jpg

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I  bought a really pretty beaded bracelet a month ago and I wear it all the time now. it's made with gemstone beads with the ace colours and was listed as a pride product, but it is nice as a piece of jewellery on its own. I hope to find more at Stocholm pride this year.