Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

1 hour ago, Sweet Potato said:

For your enjoyment! One low calorie cake!

69207.jpg

Dammit slimming world haha! :D see you all made me wanna go and buy from the supermarket didn't ha :P heh... mmmmm I'll have to pretend thats white chocolate not nuts cos I cant stand um lol

• 3 weeks later...

Someone actually recognized my ace ring. :o

I mean, they were also ace but still! 

• Like 4
Rae Hewitt
On 7/6/2018 at 9:13 PM, Vega91 said:

Someone actually recognized my ace ring. :o

I mean, they were also ace but still! 

Wahooo I'm still trying to find one big enough! lol

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I just discovered the black ring thing! I think I would want one with a gray line or squiggles on it or something...

What do you people think? Would it work?

I have a little lapel pin that's an Ace of Hearts playing card. Most people don't even notice it, but when folks ask it's an opportunity to tell them what it means.

• Like 2

I have two keychains of the flag: one is leather and the other is like a friendship bracelet; I also have two pins and a silicone bracelet that I got at SuperCon. When I don't have my ring or bracelet on, I have an ace of spades playing card in my wallet 

• Like 1

Whoa, cooool. I thought I was the only one with the ace of spades card in my wallet. Otherwise, I've had my black ring for awhile- without even knowing about this whole thing -so I guess that worked out for me!

I finally got a black ring! I've been looking for one for a while, but I haven't been able to track one down. Kinda sad I wasn't able to wear it at Pride which was a month ago, but there's always next year

• Like 1

When I first found out I was asexual but wasn't out to anyone, I wore lots of purple sometimes since purple is the asexual colour. A while later I found out there is an ace flag and got a sticker version of it- the ace colours but in a little rainbow. I like that since it is an ace sticker that I have on my folder, so I can take it out in public if I want or sometimes I just leave my folder in my bag, depending on my mood.

If you're ever on YouTube, Amelia Ace makes a pretty cool video called "Showing your Ace pride" which is pretty much what is it.

there is the ace ring [a black ring] but I don't have one].

I know on place like etsy you can get ace necklaces, but I'm not out to many people so I wouldn't wear one of those.

• 1 month later...

I used to have a friendship bracelet with the pride flag colors on it, wore it everyday for about a year until it fell off :( But now I just got a shirt with a slice of cake in the pride colors on it, I'm very exited to wear it Monday (2 days from now).

If anyone is down to start a group that makes and trades asexual pride friendship bracelets (or any others for that matter) PM me please!

• Like 2

I saw someone at school the other day who had an pin with the ace flag on their backpack! I made me so happy and I wanted to go up to them, but we were separated by, like, 8 people in the halls. I'm pretty sure that I'm getting my ring on Monday, because I'm out to my friends and one of them told me they got me a ring for my b-day, which was on Friday. I'm so exited! But I'm going to have to come up with an excuse to wear it because I don't wear jewelry, ever. 

• Like 1

I have the traditional black ring (as commented in other regions of the forums). This works best for me, but I am considering at one point when I need some shirts an ace colored shirt.

I know wearing a black ring on the middle finger of your right hand is the most traditional way, but I'm not much of a ring wearer. Would it still be considered acceptable if I had a black ring and put it on a chain and wore it as a necklace instead??

• Like 2

I made a keychain from peeler beads. I don't know how to post pics from my mobile, but here's a link to the pattern I used. Note, I scaled mine down a bit. 16410_Ace_Panromantic.png

• Like 3
  • 11 months later...

Just got my black ring a week ago. I got those enso rings so I can test out my size (never worn a ring before) and so far so good (disregarding the time I almost lost it 2 days in)

I'm in the UK and I can't get a black ring anywhere. Countless shops with only silver and gold jewellery. I got a cheap one off ebay lol

@Carmine88 that's for two reasons. Plain black rings are too cheap for jewellers. They do Hematite bands but they have to be set in metal as its brittle 

• Like 1
Neutral Charge
12 hours ago, Carmine88 said:

I'm in the UK and I can't get a black ring anywhere. Countless shops with only silver and gold jewellery. I got a cheap one off ebay lol

i ordered mine from wish, its a risk with the size but its cheap so you can buy many in case the first is a failure, also bought one from amazon but sent it back because it was to big

• Like 1
Neutral Charge

i was looking for ace stuff and this popped out! its so cute i wonder if it works  as an ace symbol, opinions? 3Rfb9Gs.jpg=)))

• Like 5

I also couldn't find a black ring in shops. I just bought a cheap metal one and spray painted it

• Like 2
On 8/30/2019 at 9:13 AM, SkyenAutowegCaptain said:

@Carmine88 that's for two reasons. Plain black rings are too cheap for jewellers. They do Hematite bands but they have to be set in metal as its brittle 

Hmmm, interesting. I kinda wanted a hematite ring but I really like those tungsten carbide rings. Bit expensive for me though, risky size wise too.

• Like 1
AceMissBehaving
On 8/30/2019 at 7:18 AM, Nuit_38 said:

I also couldn't find a black ring in shops. I just bought a cheap metal one and spray painted it

You can oxidize silver to make it black, and that would be method that shouldn’t wear off, and if it does start to polish off over time could be re-done without adding any irregularities to the surface. One method of doing this is to dip it in liver of sulphur

https://www.fusionbeads.com/using-liver-of-sulfur-to-oxidize-sterling-silver

• Like 1