Black rings and other ways to show asexual pride

...my local sex store is ordering ace flags and pins so I can deck out my new apartment in all kinds of things..

...Does anyone else look at that and scratch their head in confusion? :blink:

• Like 4

...my local sex store is ordering ace flags and pins so I can deck out my new apartment in all kinds of things..

I'm wondering on where they got the logic there. How many aces do they expect to enter a sex store in the first place?

• Like 1

I'm wondering on where they got the logic there. How many aces do they expect to enter a sex store in the first place?

Some of us go with friends out of "academic curiosity" about what one looks like in the first place.. :P

(It was weird.) But yeah, interesting logic there.At least the shop is supportive of us?

• Like 1
WoodwindWhistler

Some of us go with friends out of "academic curiosity" about what one looks like in the first place.. :P

(It was weird.) But yeah, interesting logic there.At least the shop is supportive of us?

Given that joke that was circulating around the internet, "I wish my homework was asexual so it would do itself," likely they think that asexual means you don't have a partner so you have more time for "solo fun" which might imply more toys. So actually, a very direct correlation there. That's assuming they know the difference between libido and sexual attraction, and how that all relates to the definition of asexuality, which hey, given their line of work, maybe they're very familiar with it.

But, the original comment said "ordering"- that could mean that they are special ordering it on request, not stocking it normally.

• Like 2

My ring finaly came in the mail

C6MPLS8m.jpg

Is it just me, or does that ring look tight on your finger?

I vote we all dress as bunnies, not telling people why and then when we see another person dressed as a bunny, we give them an acknowledging nod.

When our families, friends, and bosses ask why we are always dressed as bunnies, we shall say ,"When the revolution comes, you may be spared".

Please actually.

But . . . bunnies are symbols of reproduction and hypersexuality. >_>

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love bunnies (probably obsessively so, since I've owned around 10 of them) but I don't think that's the best way to exemplify aceness. And we'd have to do it when Easter is *not* around the corner, else it wouldn't be seen as that odd.

I wasn't being serious, I was just unaware I had to accessorize my sexuality. :)

I vote we all dress as bunnies, not telling people why and then when we see another person dressed as a bunny, we give them an acknowledging nod.

When our families, friends, and bosses ask why we are always dressed as bunnies, we shall say ,"When the revolution comes, you may be spared".

Please actually.

But . . . bunnies are symbols of reproduction and hypersexuality. >_>

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love bunnies (probably obsessively so, since I've owned around 10 of them) but I don't think that's the best way to exemplify aceness. And we'd have to do it when Easter is *not* around the corner, else it wouldn't be seen as that odd.

I wasn't being serious, I was just unaware I had to accessorize my sexuality. :)

I can't remember if I've posted here, so forgive me if I have already done so.

One of the ways I've done it is via my bank card.

My bank had an offer - which was due to expire at either the end of February or the end of March, I can't remember - where you can put a photo of your own choicing onto your bank card. Of course, there are some conditions - nothing offensive, any photos of you and someone else must have the other person's full consent, and no flags are examples. Thankfully, not everyone's aware of the asexual flag - I say "thankfully" in this case, it means that my choice of card design has slipped through my bank's image checks. And as of mid-February, this is now what my bank card looks roughly like!

Halifax_card_16_02_15.png

And I've also done some home-made keyrings:

Asexual_keyrings_27_11_14.jpg

Cool, Glyn! I think they may have meant country flags, not pride flags though? Like if someone brought the rainbow flag of gay pride, I doubt they'd say no. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

I can't remember if I've posted here, so forgive me if I have already done so.

One of the ways I've done it is via my bank card.

My bank had an offer - which was due to expire at either the end of February or the end of March, I can't remember - where you can put a photo of your own choicing onto your bank card. Of course, there are some conditions - nothing offensive, any photos of you and someone else must have the other person's full consent, and no flags are examples. Thankfully, not everyone's aware of the asexual flag - I say "thankfully" in this case, it means that my choice of card design has slipped through my bank's image checks. And as of mid-February, this is now what my bank card looks roughly like!

Halifax_card_16_02_15.png

And I've also done some home-made keyrings:

Asexual_keyrings_27_11_14.jpg

Cool, Glyn! I think they may have meant country flags, not pride flags though? Like if someone brought the rainbow flag of gay pride, I doubt they'd say no. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm afraid they rejected the gay rainbow flag. My sister wanted the gay flag - like this one:

2000px-Gay_flag.svg.png

She wanted it to appear on her own bank card, but the bank rejected it on the basis that it was still a flag. She has, on the other hand, done a variation, which seemed to got past the checks. The below picture is what she's got on her card now:

rainbow-raindrops_facebook_timeline_cove

DigitalBookDust

My ring arrived, and it was too small! So I sent it back for an exchange for the correct size. I tried it on a different finger, just to get a feel for it, though, and it looks and feels awesome. The new one should be here Monday! Can't wait!

My sister's picked up a pack of three 8gb memory sticks for me. Looking at them, the colours remind me of a certain flag we're all so fond of...

8gb_memory_sticks_11_04_15.jpg

• Like 3
DigitalBookDust

My ring arrived.

DigitalBookDust

How do I share a pic here? It's on my computer. I've tried copy and paste but it's not working. Argh! (Sorry. Technologically challenged at times.)

How do I share a pic here? It's on my computer. I've tried copy and paste but it's not working. Argh! (Sorry. Technologically challenged at times.)

I think you have to host it on another site, photobucket works and I'm sure there are others.

I think you have to host it on another site, photobucket works and I'm sure there are others.

Then right click on image, copy image location, and use this in your post.

[img=link_of_image.jpg] 
DigitalBookDust

I just tried photobucket and followed your instructions. I got a message saying that image extension is not allowed on thus site. Sigh. Thanks, though!

I just tried photobucket and followed your instructions. I got a message saying that image extension is not allowed on thus site. Sigh. Thanks, though!

Yeah, I hate when that happens.

Calamity Jim

I'm ace and I work in a sex store.

• Like 1
Trolley Girl

I have FOUR black rings. I will be sure to get a picture up when I can.

:)

I've been wearing my ring for a good few years now, still looks great. I feel naked without it!

I've been sick the last several days. Today I got to work and realized I don't have one of my rings on! ;.;

• 1 month later...

A while ago, I had a bracelet with the colors of the ace flag, but then sadly it broke at a summer camp and I lost all my purple beads... Now I've finally located some more, a much nicer shade of purple too, and made another brACElet, this time hopefully permanent <3

I just wanted to ask... is it appropriate to use the rainbow to go with it as well, like so? I'm trying to convey being part of the LGBTQIA+ in general, but now I'm not sure if the rainbow is, like, limited to the LG part of the spectrum or something. I really like that rainbow though, so I guess I might as well wear it just because...

bracelet_x3_by_orlageddon-d8uyo4c.png

(Excuse my hairy arms lol I just noticed)

Still lacking a black ring though - I only have a really ornate one with a rose, it's inconvenient to wear all the time.

• Like 2

I think I'm going to buy a ring like this one:

516Qy7%2BD%2BnL._SX522_.jpg

I don't like that it's not fully black, but I think the extra features are worth it ;).

Unfortunately, my current phone doesn't support NFC, so I'll have to wait until I buy a new phone this August.

• Like 3
thistleeverfreen

Hey I was wondering, what do you think about this partially black, RFID enabled ring?

Sounds awesome, but my semi-smartphone isn't NFC enabled either.

http://americas.nfcring.com/products/signature

Edit: didn't realize previous post contained a link. Yea, that one is cheaper, though this one has two tags :)