For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

All the weird little collectibles you'd get in mystery bags. There were so many crazes over completely useless pieces of plastic.

I always wished for a tamagotchi but never actually got one. It's probably for the best because I've realized how demanding they were. Would probably just have stressed me out.

2 hours ago, Black-purple-grey said:

What are some of the best things you all remember from the 90s? I used to play with polly pocket and sylvanian families. Does anyone remember pogs? And tamagotchi? I was really into the spice girls, had their first album on cassette. I had the first Toy Story on video. I remember kids clothes being less gender stereotyped back then. 

Sounds familiar to my own experiences. Apart from Polly Pocket. I remember a childhood friends having the Sylvanian Families figurines.

Everyone in my class seemed to be obsessed with the first Spice Girls album when I was 10/11 yo.

In my schools, we collected football stickers and there were fads with yoyos, diabolos, Tamagotchi, POGs and Gogo figurines.

I remember pogs and tazo's. I collected alot of those. And playing games on the Super Nintendo. I loved the Spice Girls and Nsync. Most of my classmates were into backstreet boys anyway :lol:

I had YoYo's and toy marbles because we played alot of marbles at school. I remember polly pocket and that we couldn't afford getting that. I did have alot of my little pony toys. I had a tamagotchi but it always died because I forgot to take care of it🤭

I went to highschool in .. 94? I was such a kid back then. :D

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Broken Doll said:

and toy marbles because we played alot of marbles at school.

I still have two boxes of them :D

Spoiler

c980577a7e3219b6ce51ace734ddc9cc88652117

They serve well as rehabilitation/exercise tool for my fingers ❤️

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, godverdomme said:

I still have two boxes of them :D

Hide contents

c980577a7e3219b6ce51ace734ddc9cc88652117

They serve well as rehabilitation/exercise tool for my fingers ❤️

That's lovely😊 Wow, nice colours!

I recognise some of them wich I had in my old marble collection 😁

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Broken Doll said:

I recognise some of them wich I had in my old marble collection 😁

Yay! Which ones, if I may ask? ^_^

44 minutes ago, Broken Doll said:

That's lovely😊 Wow, nice colours!

I have another box with marbles that glow in the dark, that's something I haven't seen anywhere else :o :D

• Like 1
fooledbysecrecy

i remember not having to worry about paying bills and rent and such things. what a time.

• Like 1
On 9/27/2022 at 2:26 AM, nbfierymamaellenweorc said:

Hello.

33 going on 80 judging by my joints and back, but what the hey. Joined because I was thinking about life, as us old fogeys are wont to doing. You know. I don't really go  for a specific label when it comes to orientation other than queer because I feel like I am way more complex than what labels provide, hence never going out of my way to find ace community etc despite being obviously ace among any number of labels that apply.

I say that I'm 30 on the outside but 80 internally all the time! 

nbfierymamaellenweorc
On 9/29/2022 at 1:21 AM, Black-purple-grey said:

What are some of the best things you all remember from the 90s? I used to play with polly pocket and sylvanian families. Does anyone remember pogs? And tamagotchi? I was really into the spice girls, had their first album on cassette. I had the first Toy Story on video. I remember kids clothes being less gender stereotyped back then. 

Oh oh oh... Not the best thing out of the nineties, but definitely frustrating was --- FURBIES! My parents got me two thinking I'd love to train them. Not sure why they ever got me the second one when the first was hidden under clothes in my closet almost from the get go. 

• Like 3
17 hours ago, nbfierymamaellenweorc said:

Oh oh oh... Not the best thing out of the nineties, but definitely frustrating was --- FURBIES! My parents got me two thinking I'd love to train them. Not sure why they ever got me the second one when the first was hidden under clothes in my closet almost from the get go. 

I never had a furbie but those things were creepy. 

I am a 90s kid in my 30s now and I find that a lot of ace experiences trend younger… A lot of books are aimed at teens, or tv characters are aimed at young adults. It’s great and I would have been so much better off as a kid if I’d had media like that and characters I could identify with, but as a certified adult coming to terms with asexuality, there isn’t much to go on. There’s only so many tweens discovering social media for the first time and posting about garlic bread that I can take. I mean, I use Reddit and I like to join ace-related communities there, but then most of the posts are about middle school kids not knowing how to handle sex-ed class or asking “ARE THE ALLOS OK?”

Like to be clear, I support this, and I’m glad they have a place to learn about their sexuality and people to talk to and media to experience. But also, I wish there was more ace representation for adults. Or maybe I just haven’t found it yet. I’m pretty terrible with tech. I had a Furby and I barely figured him out.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Lilika said:

Love your gender status! Good Place Janet is iconic.

Thank you so much!  I put that as my gender status because, while I present feminine, I still don't quite feel like a girl.  Just like her :) 

• Like 2
On 9/29/2022 at 8:21 AM, Black-purple-grey said:

Omg I was a 90s kid and I loved polly pocket and collected sylvanian families and had a tamagotchi. Me and my brother collected pogs but never played the game. I also was a big little mermaid fan.  

On 10/4/2022 at 1:11 AM, Sianyrou said:

Omg I was a 90s kid and I loved polly pocket and collected sylvanian families and had a tamagotchi. Me and my brother collected pogs but never played the game. I also was a big little mermaid fan.  

I  was a big time Little Mermaid person too. Legends say I used to watch that movie four times a day because I was obsessed with the music. I also had a bunch of knockoff tamagotchi things like Gigapets and a Virtual Little Mermaid.

On 9/29/2022 at 5:21 PM, Black-purple-grey said:

Yes I had a tamogotchi when I was 10. I remember taking it so seriously and looking after the pet with such diligence. I was a very boring, serious kid 😝 Seems kind of a waste of time now that I think back. 

Yes I liked the Spice Girls. Baby spice was my favourite 🤪

Yes Polly Pockets were a cute toy. I gave alot of my old toys away but I did keep one Polly pocket compact to remember my childhood! 

Its amazing now how we can have access to any song we want instantly. I remember in the 90s before internet I would listen to the radio all day just waiting to hear my favourite songs come on and then I would record then on a cassette 😆 Kids nowadays would probably think that was so sad! 

I think 90s clothing is coming back into fashion. I see teen girls wearing the flaired sort of pants and mid drift tops from 90s era. 

• Like 2
Charlie Wacy

Oh boy i was super into jim carrey, beauty and the beast and the little mermaid as well as shirley temple. I had a polly pocket, a super nintendo, and a n64 at some point. I wore a fanny pack and tie dye a lot. Sounds like me now 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
On 10/1/2022 at 2:45 AM, freepikachu said:

I am a 90s kid in my 30s now and I find that a lot of ace experiences trend younger… A lot of books are aimed at teens, or tv characters are aimed at young adults. It’s great and I would have been so much better off as a kid if I’d had media like that and characters I could identify with, but as a certified adult coming to terms with asexuality, there isn’t much to go on. There’s only so many tweens discovering social media for the first time and posting about garlic bread that I can take. I mean, I use Reddit and I like to join ace-related communities there, but then most of the posts are about middle school kids not knowing how to handle sex-ed class or asking “ARE THE ALLOS OK?”

Like to be clear, I support this, and I’m glad they have a place to learn about their sexuality and people to talk to and media to experience. But also, I wish there was more ace representation for adults. Or maybe I just haven’t found it yet. I’m pretty terrible with tech. I had a Furby and I barely figured him out.

Agree, I'm now discovering what ace means and I see that this topic is more discussed with younger people. Which in a way is good, because it shows how society has changed from what we 90's grew up with. Hopefully this topic and the way it's shared evolves more to the older generations.

Great comment on the Furby, LOL😂

3 hours ago, Troll in the dungeon said:

I wanna watch movies

Movies are good.  What are your favorite movies?

1 hour ago, alto said:

Movies are good.  What are your favorite movies?

I love the move The Man From Earth, I don't know where it is though, I'm seriously tempted to just buy another copy (did I even buy the first copy or am I remembering wrong)

Lord of the Rings trilogy is awesome

I actually can't remember many movies, I definted ly watched some but what? I know I liked alladin and lion king, can't remember seeing a single other disney movie tho I'm sure I have. 

I really enjoyed the miyazaki movies I watched, especially nausicaa of the wind and princess mononoke.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Troll in the dungeon said:

I really enjoyed the miyazaki movies I watched, especially nausicaa of the wind and princess mononoke.

I also love Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke too. I still watch them back every few years. 

Howl's Moving Castle is also good. I haven't read the original book yet.

16 minutes ago, Another Sky said:

I also love Nausicaa and Princess Mononoke too. I still watch them back every few years. 

Howl's Moving Castle is also good. I haven't read the original book yet.

I remember liking howl's moving castl, but for some reason I forget the plot xD Maybe I could watch it today! 

• Like 1

I love the move The Man From Earth

I absolutely love that film. There is also a sequel, but not as good.

I know I liked alladin and lion king

My two favourite Disney films!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't posted here in forever and a day but if anyone is interested here they can join this discord server :D

https://discord.gg/UCyMexVsk5

Mature Ace 25+

• Like 3