For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

Stranger Things
On 9/6/2022 at 10:45 AM, Skycaptain said:

I've heard of people putting salt in coffee, but never tea.

Not heard of that. I’ll have to try it tomorrow. If my coffee is ruined, I’m blaming you! 😜

• Like 1
Stranger Things
On 9/6/2022 at 10:49 AM, Lilibulero said:

In the far East there's a national tea called tsampa. It's made with barley, tea, rancid yak butter and salt ( I guess it's an acquired taste).

My inspiration for trying salt tea was a series of books on Genghis Khan by Conn Iggulden (I highly recommend). A friend of mine has lived on Mongolia and has had salt tea there, but they have it a lot more milky than I do apparently. He hated it! Not heard of tsampa. Maybe it’s similar? 

• Like 1
Stranger Things
On 9/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, Fell said:

I am starting a new job as well. And I find it harder and harder to loook for new apartment every time I move to different area. That is me becoming too lazy or too comfortable/too old :D

And I just came back from a wedding. And o boy am I feelimg broken. I think its more because of the lack of sleep than the dancing and alcohol and laugging all night. 

I was there more days than people usually would spend. Because of me being very good friend with the bride. So I was helping with the preperations and so on. Which was fine. But i went to sleep around 9 pm (so way way before anyone would, in that group of people) every day. Because I was so tired from all the noise and moving.

But the night of the wedding, some of us stayed till 6 am (yes. Morning.... ) dawn was there with us when we went to bed. 

And you know what happened? I woke up at 10 am.... so 3 hours of sleep because my body was sure I overslept.... God. So I was like a zombie. 

I dont understand how I did that in my 20ties. With no consequences (other than the head spinning) :D

As for the recomendations

1)swimming is good for our old knees

2) getting older is a normal part of life. But you will stay as old as you tell yourself you are. Meaning. I stayed in my 27-28ths in my mind. (For now at least.) Its important that your mind will not get too old :)

3) I like virgin mojito(it looks good and also noone asks if its alcoholic or not.) 

I also like mint tea. And home made cordeals.  And because  i am not visiting bars often, i dont have any other recomendations for non alcoholic drinks in the bar. Unfortunately.

I’ve joined a swimming pool / gym now, so I will be being kind to my knees (if not the eyes of anyone who happens to see😜) very soon. Love a mojito, so a virgin one sounds like an idea, especially for summer. 

The ace thing (even when I didn’t know that’s what it was) has made me feel simultaneously younger and older than I actually am. Weird huh! I just got some insoles which seem to be helping, so, hopefully, I will feel younger than the 73 years my knees currently feel! 😜 

Good luck with your new job!

Thanks for the reply👍

• Like 1

Hi all

Just told there's about this forum. I'm 38, and realized I was Ace two days ago, so I've a lot of catching up to do. Good to know there's others who discovered late too,me interesting reading your stories. BTW, is there a chat room on this forum?

• Like 5
Anemone hepatica

Hello to all the new people like @Tezzley, @Mitsuhide, @icebear, @Stranger Things, @Alylib, @Püri, @alto, @Elsin, @Izzybel, @Dreina, and everyone else! 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

So many new people! Could also be that I've been away for a long time. 🙃

On 9/9/2022 at 3:58 AM, Stranger Things said:

I’ve joined a swimming pool / gym now, so I will be being kind to my knees (if not the eyes of anyone who happens to see😜) very soon.

I agree that swimming is gentle on knees and all the joints. Good for you!

I realised my long time dream this week and tried volleyball. It's a weekly thing where you get some instruction, do different kinds of exercises, and also get to play a little. I loved it! It was relaxed, the instructor was encouraging, the people were nice, and it was good exercise. I'm not sure how my old knees will take it, though. 😉 But I'll be going back next week and I do hope to have found a regular hobby for myself.

• Like 4

Almost 32. Discovered my asexuality at 31. I love lavender tea, coffee and biscuits, who else dunks? Haha.

If anyone is in the UK - my favourite non alcoholic drink is the amaretto sour at The Ivy. 

Have a great day all, look after yourselves!

Side note, dancing is great fun, aquafit and walking the dog!

• Like 5

Is it too late to start with a lindyhop ? :D when it involves a lot of knee movements ? :D

I know, the unoriginal answer is: "there is alewys time" that may be true. But there is the "right time" and then "o well..." time. Or am I owerthinking again ?

nbfierymamaellenweorc

Hello.

33 going on 80 judging by my joints and back, but what the hey. Joined because I was thinking about life, as us old fogeys are wont to doing. You know. I don't really go  for a specific label when it comes to orientation other than queer because I feel like I am way more complex than what labels provide, hence never going out of my way to find ace community etc despite being obviously ace among any number of labels that apply.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, nbfierymamaellenweorc said:

Hello.

33 going on 80 judging by my joints and back, but what the hey. Joined because I was thinking about life, as us old fogeys are wont to doing. You know. I don't really go  for a specific label when it comes to orientation other than queer because I feel like I am way more complex than what labels provide, hence never going out of my way to find ace community etc despite being obviously ace among any number of labels that apply.

Hi, welcome here ^_^ now it's a proper place to greet you :D

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Hope you've been doing well.

I'm in a bit of a slump these days. It just feels so wrong when people are sexually attracted to me. I wish I could meet someone who wasn't so I could properly try dating.

Even then there are so many other things that have to fit. It's hard not to feel a bit hopeless.

I know that I can be happy and whole without a relationship - it's just been on my mind lately.

5 hours ago, Lilika said:

Even then there are so many other things that have to fit. It's hard not to feel a bit hopeless.

I know that I can be happy and whole without a relationship - it's just been on my mind lately.

welcome! the 30's are hard for dating already, add in any sort of asexuality and its a real challenge, I know I struggle with it as well 😪

7 minutes ago, Black-purple-grey said:

Anyone here a 90s kid? Ah those were the days. 

Yeah, 1990 so I was really young back then.

6 hours ago, Black-purple-grey said:

Anyone here a 90s kid? Ah those were the days. 

yup, 91. things sure have changed

• Like 1

What are some of the best things you all remember from the 90s? I used to play with polly pocket and sylvanian families. Does anyone remember pogs? And tamagotchi? I was really into the spice girls, had their first album on cassette. I had the first Toy Story on video. I remember kids clothes being less gender stereotyped back then. 

8 minutes ago, Black-purple-grey said:

What are some of the best things you all remember from the 90s? I used to play with polly pocket and sylvanian families. Does anyone remember pogs? And tamagotchi? I was really into the spice girls, had their first album on cassette. I had the first Toy Story on video. I remember kids clothes being less gender stereotyped back then. 

haha I remember pogs and tazos yeah. And the fiddlers - it was cool having things you could win in bags of crisps. Loved building things with the tazos. The best thing for me though was the yoyo craze - I still even play with yoyos today and they've come a long way since they were big in the 90s and early 2000s.

12 minutes ago, Elsin said:

tazos

I definitely remember these.

1 hour ago, Elsin said:

haha I remember pogs and tazos yeah. And the fiddlers - it was cool having things you could win in bags of crisps. Loved building things with the tazos. The best thing for me though was the yoyo craze - I still even play with yoyos today and they've come a long way since they were big in the 90s and early 2000s.

They don't put prizes in cereal or crisps anymore, probably so kids don't stupidly swallow them. I had a yoyo but I was rubbish with it.