For 30-somethings and those around that age

test account

1 minute ago, Elizabeth Bennet said:

Now, to be welcomed by the pair of fictional weirdos in the room, how must it feel?, I wonder 🤣

Definitely feels like the right place to be! 😆

• Like 3

Now, to be welcomed by the pair of fictional weirdos in the room, how must it feel?, I wonder 🤣

Me, fictional? Pfft. 😧

I was weirdly thinking about female names for a tea party. I was toying with Lily and Matilda. I blame you for talking about a pretentious coffee shop. 🙈

Elizabeth Bennet

I don't quite grasp the purpose for them, but I only accept Mrs Nesbitt as a pretentious name for a tea party.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Elizabeth Bennet said:

I don't quite grasp the purpose for them, but I only accept Mrs Nesbitt as a pretentious name for a tea party.

I wasn't thinking about it in a pretentious way. Just the tea party and those present.

Elizabeth Bennet
1 minute ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I wasn't thinking about it in a pretentious way. Just the tea party and those present.

But if it happens in a pretentious café its participants should be adequately pompous themselves, shouldn't they? Everything over the top!!

At least that's been my experience so far at pretentious tea parties (and I admittedly had my share of them...)

But if it happens in a pretentious café its participants should be adequately pompous themselves, shouldn't they? Everything over the top!!

At least that's been my experience so far at pretentious tea parties (and I admittedly had my share of them...)

Cecilia is the name that comes to mind then, to be a bit different.

Elizabeth Bennet
3 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

Cecilia is the name that comes to mind then, to be a bit different.

So I'm assuming the importance of the names is...to serve as an alias for the participants? I've always been quite myself at those events; only hungrier.

MinnieMouse
1 hour ago, Dreina said:

Hi guys,

so I joined, like, a few hours ago and, as I see, I have some catching up to do but for now, simply "Hi!" 😁

Hi and welcome to AVEN! :)

Anomaly Q3Xr
1 hour ago, Dreina said:

Hi guys,

so I joined, like, a few hours ago and, as I see, I have some catching up to do but for now, simply "Hi!" 😁

Hello and welcome to AVEN :) :cake:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Dreina said:

Hi guys,

Welcome! ^_^

On 7/28/2022 at 7:41 PM, illiumbluebell said:

Ok so I have a dilemma that I've tried to discuss with my friends but they don't seem to get it. They mean well but they can't grasp the problem. So here I'll dump it on you guys and maybe I'll make sense of it though comments.

I realised I was ace a few years back, explored and researched and celebrated the fact I now had a name for what I was...also no longer feeling like a freak. I didn't have a whole big coming out. Told a few people over a period of months. Then I was at a party where most were LGBT and we were talking about Pride where I was thinking of going that year. I asked where they got their flags and stuff and there was this whole 'oooh are you in team gay or bi' thing and I just said neither and told them I was ace. 

Dead silence.

Then laughter. Also telling me to be serious. Me saying I was serious I was Ace as in the A from the LGBTQIA (if I'm missing any letters apologies). Lets say their reaction wasn't nice. I think most will have heard something amongst the line of A stands for Ally, asexuality is NOT a real thing, have I seen a doctor and my favorite...so you choose not to have sex, that's not a sexuality.

Safe to say I never went back to that crowd, I have no need for toxicity like that. But I also never went to Pride. Too scared to go.

This year I was in NY during Pride week and to support my sister's lesbian roommate we joined in on a Dyke March, which was amazing. I'd been looking for an ace flag to no avail when I actually found one with a vendor. Immediately bought it and marched on. 5 minutes later I get tapped on the shoulder by a woman who just said I know this might me weird but look...turned around to show her ace flag on her backpack....can I give you a hug? So we hugged snd she went back to her gang and I got all teary. My sis and her roomie were so happy for me and I hugged another fellow ace an hour later. My first real life meeting with any ace ever.

So here's my dilemma. This Saturday is the Amsterdam Pride Walk and I really want to go but I will have to go alone and I'm still kind of scared. None of my friends can go and some don't want to cause weekends are for family/they don't get the whole scene (which fair some of the outfits during Pride can be extreme), which is their right. I created a topic in the meetup market section here on Aven weeks ago and 0 responses. So here I am...36 years old and feeling like a scared chicken.

Thoughts anyone? 

Oh no, why did I only see this now?! 😭

I would've loved to go.

Sorry to hear you didn't in the end but I completely get it.

I've been wanting to go to pride but I'm not really out to anyone so I can't ask any of my friends and I'm way too scared of receiving negativity to go on my own...

• Like 1
50_Shades_of_Greysexual

Hello! I just turned 35 and wanted to celebrate with y'all! Halfway to 40 🙈

• Like 3
Elizabeth Bennet
7 minutes ago, 50_Shades_of_Greysexual said:

Happy birthday 😊🍰

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
16 minutes ago, 50_Shades_of_Greysexual said:

Came to this thread (which I left the past year, as turned 40) *only* to honor your birthday, although I bet @Guybrush Threepwoodwould say I just came for the party/cake :P . Anyway, Happy birthday! 😎🥳

triple-chocolate-peanut-butter-layer-cak

50_Shades_of_Greysexual
1 minute ago, ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED said:

Came to this thread (which I left the past year, as turned 40) *only* to honor your birthday, although I bet @Guybrush Threepwoodwould say I just came for the party/cake :P . Anyway, Happy birthday! 😎🥳

triple-chocolate-peanut-butter-layer-cak

Aww, thank you for visiting, it means a lot! And thank you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated 

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
3 minutes ago, 50_Shades_of_Greysexual said:

Aww, thank you for visiting, it means a lot! And thank you for the birthday wishes, much appreciated 

thank-you-youre-welcome.gif

*Politely retires* 🤪

Anomaly Q3Xr
1 minute ago, Izzybel said:

Haha I spend a lot of time in space 😋

Ooh, me too. In space, in another universe, it varies. :) 

• Like 1
Just now, Sammie M said:

Ooh, me too. In space, in another universe, it varies. :) 

Exactly! Not gonna lie, it was a toss up for location between Serenity and the Rocinante...though there's also Galactica, Atlantis, Red Dwarf 😂

• Like 3

Ayy, 31 here and still alive some how. Wishing all my fellow hill climbers all the best, though it is downhill from here so I've been told.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Elsin said:

Ayy, 31 here and still alive some how. Wishing all my fellow hill climbers all the best, though it is downhill from here so I've been told.

Nahhhh lies I tell you, lies! Despite turning 30 during covid/lockdown, I still feel like this is shaping up to be my best decade yet 😂

• Like 4