Show your new stuff

Calliers

4 hours ago, uniQChick said:

@E  If you remove sharp edges on both ears, it becomes perfect!

Sharp edges is isually something I keep an eye on, as some 3d models I use have them. I took a look at the ears before finishing it and decided I liked the jaggedness to them. Adds to the weathered exterior. Plus, I never quite like to remove all evidence that I use 3d models.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, E said:

Sharp edges is isually something I keep an eye on, as some 3d models I use have them. I took a look at the ears before finishing it and decided I liked the jaggedness to them. Adds to the weathered exterior. Plus, I never quite like to remove all evidence that I use 3d models.

So what you are in fact saying is shoddy workmanship is your calling card? :lol: 

• Like 1
Just now, Calliers said:

So what you are in fact saying is shoddy workmanship is your calling card? :lol: 

Yes. If you don't know what the fuck you're looking at and that it inspires thoughts that the creator was insane and a combination of lazy, then I've done my job.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:

This is great. You're very talented.

@Calliers  

Yes I agree, this piece is beautiful!

You are a real artist for sure! 😮^_^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, E said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ah well, you got me there.... well played good sir, well played....

4 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Ah well, you got me there.... well played good sir, well played....

I'm horrendous at compliments. I just make stuff, man.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, E said:

I'm horrendous at compliments. I just make stuff, man.

Well, by that argument we could say that we all make stuff, for example after we eat we erm... go to the loo and manufacture er.... some... sort of... product or rather byproduct of our eating said food.

Doesn't mean that all the stuff we make is worthy of praise. :D

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, E said:

And that's what I like, that you're being an individualist, rather than doing what others might potentially like. I do the same with my photos, so I understand and appreciate it. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, alsjeblieft said:

And that's what I like, that you're being an individualist, rather than doing what others might potentially like. I do the same with my photos, so I understand and appreciate it. 

You could say that of most artists though, no? The only ones who typically do stuff for what others like are commission artists. To my understanding everybody else works on what they like typically. I couldn't even really try to make something that catered to anybody because rarely do I make anything with a plan. My first love taught me the principles of using music to create art. Listen and make what comes out of it. I can never truly plan or predict what I'll make.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
1 minute ago, E said:

You could say that of most artists though, no? The only ones who typically do stuff for what others like are commission artists. To my understanding everybody else works on what they like typically. I couldn't even really try to make something that catered to anybody because rarely do I make anything with a plan. My first love taught me the principles of using music to create art. Listen and make what comes out of it. I can never truly plan or predict what I'll make.

Today it's really hard to distinguish true art with a soul from anything else, it's becoming commercial. Same with music, artists with great voices and big potential sing shitty love songs because that's what sells the best. This is why it makes me happy when I see something with a soul.

Not everyone wants to sell themselves, though, neither do I, so I said no to potential fame. I don't want to be recognised. I don't want to work under my real name. I love the aura of mystery around myself. The fact that people know there's "someone out there", but they can't say for certain who it is.

This is just a side note :D

• Like 2
uniQChick
7 hours ago, E said:

I had no idea it was 3D model, I thought it was a photo edited in Photoshop (... or something like that!). :blush:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, uniQChick said:

I had no idea it was 3D model, I thought it was a photo edited in Photoshop (... or something like that!). :blush:

Photo edited in GIMP to boot since I'm to poor to buy photoshop and too lazy to pirate it. So ya got half of it!

• Like 3

afE34B1.png

This has been in the works for a couple years now. A homeless woman I knew out in BC for a few months. Street performer. Taught me the basic principles of sleight of hand. A long and sad story as to how she got there, drug addiction finished her off. I tried to do what I could when I found her, and afterwards filled out the paperwork to be the bearer of her ashes as her parents didn't want her. 

A part of me still blames myself for not getting her to the hospital fast enough, wondering if there even was a slim chance the ambulance could have done it faster. I owe her this.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
9 hours ago, E said:

Photo edited in GIMP to boot since I'm to poor to buy photoshop and too lazy to pirate it. So ya got half of it!

GIMP is the best, really.

And the second artwork is even better, especiaally that there's a story behind it, and the first one was great already.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

My order from today, if it counts :lol:

Spoiler

9a8eba9b43d8fa8db76f61a917effd42e832b191

And I've just started using my new notebook as a journal of some sorts.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, E said:

afE34B1.png

This has been in the works for a couple years now. A homeless woman I knew out in BC for a few months. Street performer. Taught me the basic principles of sleight of hand. A long and sad story as to how she got there, drug addiction finished her off. I tried to do what I could when I found her, and afterwards filled out the paperwork to be the bearer of her ashes as her parents didn't want her. 

A part of me still blames myself for not getting her to the hospital fast enough, wondering if there even was a slim chance the ambulance could have done it faster. I owe her this.

Man, that's a touching story.... :(

Yeah, a lot of people suffering in this world, whether it is something they got into themselves or by other circumstances. This too is a wonderful piece, great way to remember her...

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Calliers said:

Man, that's a touching story.... :(

Yeah, a lot of people suffering in this world, whether it is something they got into themselves or by other circumstances. This too is a wonderful piece, great way to remember her...

I blame her parents for most of it. You don't disown a kid because they're a lesbian and not support them when their university fields don't pan out and debt steamrolls them. She was on the streets because she had nowhere else to go, and didn't know what to do, and how to do it. Despair set in, combined with her past, and the drug spiral sealed that road.

I remember the despair Calli, when I inquired about what would happen to her and found out that even dead her parents didn't want her. She was just gonna end up as a pile of ashes lost somewhere in the system. I filled out the paperwork and spent a lot to get her ashes, just to let them out on the coastline. She always wanted to keep traveling, and wanted to cross canada on foot. Reach the opposite coast.

I remember that despair and how it felt like nobody gave a shit about her. I'd rather show who she was than the vile things that destroyed her.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, E said:

I blame her parents for most of it. You don't disown a kid because they're a lesbian and not support them when their university fields don't pan out and debt steamrolls them. She was on the streets because she had nowhere else to go, and didn't know what to do, and how to do it. Despair set in, combined with her past, and the drug spiral sealed that road.

I remember the despair Calli, when I inquired about what would happen to her and found out that even dead her parents didn't want her. She was just gonna end up as a pile of ashes lost somewhere in the system. I filled out the paperwork and spent a lot to get her ashes, just to let them out on the coastline. She always wanted to keep traveling, and wanted to cross canada on foot. Reach the opposite coast.

I remember that despair and how it felt like nobody gave a shit about her. I'd rather show who she was than the vile things that destroyed her.

Man that is a touching story, we all have to be thankful for our lives because not everyone is as lucky as us to have all the essentials and most importantly people who care about us.... 😞

• Like 1
J. van Deijck

90659953a10e13ff44545dbb249ae743efc42bfd

Haven't found this Samsung one in our shop, but I've ordered it online, so I'm gonna have two.

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda

My new wallet arrived yesterday although I've only got around to opening the parcel today. Please excuse the toy dinosaur, they just wanted to feel included.

3H5fV63.jpg

• Like 3

Toy dinosaurs are always welcome. :) 

(until their sudden but inevitable betrayal)

Edited by daveb
  • Like 3
J. van Deijck
2 hours ago, Purple Red Panda said:

Please excuse the toy dinosaur, they just wanted to feel included.

Actually they're very photogenic :D

• Like 3
Purple Red Panda
Just now, alsjeblieft said:

Actually they're very photogenic

Les is pretty much the only object I possess that I have significant sentimental attachment to 😀🦖

• Like 3
5 hours ago, alsjeblieft said:

90659953a10e13ff44545dbb249ae743efc42bfd

Haven't found this Samsung one in our shop, but I've ordered it online, so I'm gonna have two.

Wowzer, 4TB! Now that is quite the size! 😮

3 hours ago, Purple Red Panda said:

My new wallet arrived yesterday although I've only got around to opening the parcel today. Please excuse the toy dinosaur, they just wanted to feel included.

3H5fV63.jpg

I've been mulling buying a new wallet too lol, but so far I'm too attached to my current wallet! Your new wallet is schweet! :D

• Like 1
Purple Red Panda
4 minutes ago, Calliers said:

I've been mulling buying a new wallet too lol, but so far I'm too attached to my current wallet! Your new wallet is schweet!

I desperately need a new one with a  chain. My old wallet was on the small side and had a habit of slipping out of my pocket, last week I accidentally left it on a bus and although I did get it back with eveything still in it (1000000 karma points for whoever handed it in to the driver) I took it as a sign from the cosmos to finally replace it.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
8 hours ago, Calliers said:

Wowzer, 4TB! Now that is quite the size! 😮

There's gonna be more :P

• Like 2
1 minute ago, alsjeblieft said:

There's gonna be more :P

How big is the Samsung one you wanna get? And how big are your files? They must be 8K or 16K coz to need that much space!!! 😮

Or do you just want to buy hard drives and never think about it for the next while?

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
22 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Or do you just want to buy hard drives and never think about it for the next while?

That's it, I just need the place to all my photos. And this Samsung is just 1 TB, but that is the brand :P

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, alsjeblieft said:

That's it, I just need the place to all my photos. And this Samsung is just 1 TB, but that is the brand :P

And so what is the 4TB Western Digital for? Your photos too? Or videos? I'm confused.... 😕

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
28 minutes ago, Calliers said:

And so what is the 4TB Western Digital for? Your photos too? Or videos? I'm confused.... 😕

For everything, I just like to have space. Everywhere :D

• Like 3