Show your new stuff

Calliers

As the title says, post whatever's "new" to you, my screen on my Samsung S20 FE just got a little crack, and I have already replaced the screen on this phone for a crack, so after this incident I thought "what the hey, I'll just replace it this time" and I got this just now - thankfully my provider was having a promotion so I saved like 500 dollars:

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G in Olive Green:

galaxy-s21-fe-green.jpg

• Like 6
nutterwithasolderingiron

i guess this kinda counts. i've been building a "road bike" for a few weeks now and while it's not "new" it's new to me. i finished it (for the 3rd time) on friday. it's name is rusty because i spent the first day of the build removing rust. 

wk3BNyD.jpg

• Like 4
Anomaly Q3Xr

My new replacement microwave.

275171861-3172339723006600-8517024869852

• Like 5

IMG_20220307_203527.jpg

I'm gonna take a bit of a spin on this and show y'all my newest finished sketchbook page! It's was a 3 marker challenge!

• Like 3
AroAce Wolf

My new magma red DualShock 4 controller. 

Buy PS4 Controller - DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller - Magma Red |  PlayStation®

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LeChat said:

@nutterwithasolderingiron Nice bike!

I'm impressed with those who know how to build bikes; I've thought that'd be neat if I knew how to do that, too.

@nutterwithasolderingiron I used to love biking, but I noticed that it was tiring for me, as I didn't have the same energy as I did as a kid, but yeah that is a nice bike for sure.

1 hour ago, AroAce Wolf said:

My new magma red DualShock 4 controller. 

Buy PS4 Controller - DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller - Magma Red |  PlayStation®

Oooooh, that's purty... have you seen the ad for the new PS5 controllers? I really want the Galactic Purple one. And for my Xbox Series X I wanted to get either the Forza Horizon 5 one or get one custom made (videos below).

• Like 1
nutterwithasolderingiron
9 hours ago, LeChat said:

@nutterwithasolderingiron Nice bike!

I'm impressed with those who know how to build bikes; I've thought that'd be neat if I knew how to do that, too.

depending on where you live, there's sometimes bike maintenance courses

• Like 1

Just got these, Polarized Maui Jim Sunglasses Road Trip MJ 435-03J Blue Black Tortoise (I like them, I think they make me look like I move cocahina past the coast guard on a regular basis):

pi_quality_10_image_2_153596553469_1.jpg

• Like 1

Earbuds. I already own a stupid amount of headphones/earbuds, but I'm always on the lookout for The Best Ones In Existence lol, and my other really good Bluetooth pair (also Bose) has issues with battery life, so I managed to justify it to myself somehow. I mean, the sound is incredible, so.

7-D1-F7-E96-26-E8-4-A3-E-931-A-035-AFC1-

• Like 2

Ha! I keep trying different noise-canceling headphones and have several pairs now. Most of which I don't like for one reason or another and none of which is "just right" (one needs some sort of grounding or it buzzes when I use them, one has a built-in battery and a voice that keeps telling you the battery is low even when there is still power left, some don't fit my ears and/or my head comfortably). It's always something, but I can't always tell until I've had a chance to wear them for hours at a time.

• Like 3
31 minutes ago, daveb said:

Ha! I keep trying different noise-canceling headphones and have several pairs now. Most of which I don't like for one reason or another and none of which is "just right" (one needs some sort of grounding or it buzzes when I use them, one has a built-in battery and a voice that keeps telling you the battery is low even when there is still power left, some don't fit my ears and/or my head comfortably). It's always something, but I can't always tell until I've had a chance to wear them for hours at a time.

I have two headsets, one for my PC which I use a lot, and then one for both my XSX and phone. The one for my PC is an Astro A40 which sounds really good, especially the bass from it, I don't have the amplifier for it but I think that is good because I'd just end up listening to music way too loud. It's also got the ability to have it's faceplates changed which is quite cool I think.

My other headset which I like the sound of better because it is so precise is a Steelseries Arctis 1 Wireless headset, for the XSX, and the little transmitter that you plug into the cable connected at the back of the XSX can be plugged into my phone and then there is a little switch to turn it from XSX mode to USB mode. It is wonderful and has the best sound I have ever had on any pair of headphones, battery life is also excellent, however, it tends to be a bit on the low side when it comes to loudness.

@Ceebs. I just love BOSE, "Better sound through research", but, of course, I'd like to call what they do - witchcraft.

• Like 2

Spigen Tough Armor Designed for Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Case (2022) - Black:

71dlSo248KL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The only thing new in my life is a new set of failing organs every few months and whenever I finish some artwork.

I can't leave my organs here to sell, so I'll just post my art. This horrible peice of insanity came from a discussion with my neice about Garfield memes and all the creepypastas out there involving Garfield. I told her that I could make such a monstrosity for lolz, and I delivered.

There are a lot of corpses, be advised.

Spoiler

iLkHxWD.jpg

• Like 2
J. van Deijck

Not that new, but here's the pic of our PlayStation 5.

950388b6d56e98c7cecd98a5dd7b2a35ded9f8d6

• Like 1

Time for a "newish" PC....

Okay, so it's been 4 years and it's time to update or rather refresh my rig, all the parts I yank will go to a friend for a second life in his customers computers.

So out of the PC parts in my current PC I'll be reusing the case, the hard drives, the SSDs (although will get a new Gen 4 x4 SSD for the boot drive, see below), the PSU and the RAM as well as utilizing the same screen for now. Around June when screen prices are better according to said friend who owns his own PC shop, I should be able to pick something up for a better price to replace my current monitor, was thinking no bigger than 43", and with 4K, also HDR 10 would be a nice to have.

My current specs are (will also be switching to the new Windows 11 for this new builid):

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core 3.7 GHz (4.3 GHz Max Boost) Socket AM4 105W
Memory: Patriot RGB 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 @3600MHz PVR432G360C8K
Memory Timings: 15-15-15-36
Graphics: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 VENTUS 8G 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6 PCI Express 3.0 x16
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 AM4 AMD Promontory X470 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 HDMI ATX
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 220-P2-0850-X1 80+ PLATINUM 850W Fully Modular EVGA ECO Mode
Operating System: Windows 10 (64-bit)
Display: ASUS ROG Swift PG278QR Black 27" 1ms (GTG) 165Hz WQHD 2560x1440 NVIDIA G-Sync Gaming Monitor
Cooling: AMD Wraith Prism Cooler, lots of fans
Hard Drive 1: Samsung 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe Gen3. X4, NVMe 1.3 64L V-NAND 2-bit MLC Internal Solid State Drive
Hard Drive 2: Crucial BX500 2TB 3D NAND SATA 2.5-Inch Internal SSD - CT2000BX500SSD1Z
Hard Drive 3: Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB SATA
Hard Drive 4: Western Digital Green WD10EADS 1TB SATA
Hard Drive 5: Western Digital Black NVMe M.2 2280 500GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive WDS500G2X0C
Computer Case: Cooler Master MasterCase H500 ATX Mid-Tower, tempered glass panel, three 200mm RGB fans with Controller

These are the new parts I've already bought for now (waiting it out till the end of the month to see if the new Ryzen 7 5800X 3D - where 3D refers to the manufacturing process rather than a feature, it should be 20% faster than the regular Ryzen 7 5800X, will come out by then, otherwise I would have just got everything now, but you know, like they say, good things come to those who wait):

EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB GDDR6X Graphics Card:

15660439.jpg

SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2 2280 2TB PCIe Gen 4.0 x4, NVMe 1.3c Samsung V-NAND Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) MZ-V8P2T0B/AM:

20-147-796-V01.jpg

Also got this pic just for kicks 😅:

1zajerek3ds51.png?auto=webp&s=a81a4b5ab3

• Like 3

So just bought the rest of the parts, got tired of waiting for the newer processor, the Ryzen 9 should serve me well:

ASRock X570 PG VELOCITA AM4 AMD X570 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard:

13-157-969-V01.jpg

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Ryzen 9 5000 Series Vermeer (Zen 3) 12-Core 3.7 GHz Socket AM4 105W Desktop Processor:

19-113-664-V01.jpg

Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound AS5-3.5G:

35-100-007-04.jpg

Asus VA32UQ 31.5” HDR Monitor 4K (3840 X 2160) FreeSync/Adaptive Sync Eye Care DisplayPort HDMI HDR10:

81ivCdSBCJL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Noctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan (Brown):

91XdCcXnbdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

So a few changes, found out that the heatsink I got was incompatible with the setup I was going to run due to a RAM slot going to be blocked on my motherboard, so got this one instead, which is compatible due to the heatpipes being slightly off set:

Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black, Premium Dual-Tower CPU Cooler with NF-A15 PWM 140mm Fan (Black):

B7T0S2202090DZM6V74.jpg

And due to the other GPU ending up not being shipped, had to switch it out, decided to go for another RTX 3080 Ti but this time an OC one and from Zotac, they are a pretty solid name when it comes to Nvidia after all:

ZOTAC Trinity OC GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X PCI Express 4.0 ATX Video Card ZT-A30810J-10P:

14-500-521-V08.jpg

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

This arrived today. :wub:

C0-B594-A5-7-CC8-4290-8358-3-F8360-FFFDC

85892859-80-D5-45-BE-87-F4-383-CFC3-EC3-

I was supposed to buy one (same model) from a guy on eBay last autumn. I won the auction and was making plans for him to drop it off (he lived a few hours away and was apparently going to be in the area) and then the bugger went back on the deal. Supposedly a friend of his wanted it instead. Out of frustration, I didn't look at cameras again for several months. Couldn't be arsed, and this model was sold out a lot of places I looked online and there weren't any other eBay sales worth bothering with anyway. But the other night, after realising since I've not been spending a whole lot lately and I could probably afford it, I went looking again...

...and here we are.

My dad helped me buy my first Nikon SLR (a film camera, an FE10 I think?) when I was 14. I learnt a lot about photography from him. I bought my first digital SLR (also Nikon... don't recall the model) about 14 years ago. Haven't used it in forever and it's quite outdated and was having a few issues, and I believe also in storage at my parents' from one of the times I moved and left a bunch of stuff with them. So here I am with a shiny new Nikon haha. My dad always had Nikons... like father like daughter, I guess? One of the few tendencies I don't mind inheriting from him lol.

• Like 5

^ @Ceebs.That is awesome, congrats! I know how much you love photography and I'm sure you're feeling like Christmas has come early. :)

It looks like it cost a pretty penny though, but I am sure it will serve you well going forward. Me and my friend were talking about how bad I am at photography and he was showing me some of his pictures that he had taken and saying "see, that's how you take a photo!" and I was like but dude, your side hustle is art so of course you're going to be better at photography than me! :lol:

Also that camera has such a big screen on the back! 😮

Plus Nikon is one of "the" brands for cameras, that much I do know.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ceebs. said:

Nikon

Nice camera!

Nikon always makes me think of Paul Simon. :) 

• Like 4
J. van Deijck

@Ceebs. congratulations! It seems better than my old good Canon :D

• Like 3
On 3/15/2022 at 1:19 PM, Calliers said:

Noctua NH-U14S, Premium CPU Cooler with NF-A15 140mm Fan (Brown):

91XdCcXnbdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Love me some Noctua fans. Had that very model for a while.

As for new stuff, um... I don't buy much new stuff? The most recent real purchases of stuff I made were about $125 for bathroom decor (came in with literally nothing in this bathroom) and $10 on some street art I bought while I was high and carried around all day.

It should be noted that I was planning to get some artwork for the bathroom, and the art I got on SF will probably go up above the towel rack, at least, until I move out.

Spoiler

screenshot-23.png

screenshot-23.png

• Like 3
J. van Deijck

I forgot about this thread for a while, but these are the *newest* things I got, surely matching my interests :P

Spoiler

1845a9dcb71292cc87fed5e6c9c8d922eb478213

132e8a2a50217f9b2f7310908c445f1ff1e14079

• Like 2
1 minute ago, alsjeblieft said:

@Ceebs. congratulations! It seems better than my old good Canon :D

My ex-husband has a Canon, Tele has an Olympus... they both look like great cameras... but I learnt on a Nikon and I'm used to their lens series and I don't like change lol, so I didn't even bother looking at anything else besides Nikons haha.

• Like 3

Canon AE-1 35mm. Favorite real camera I've owned or wanted to own. Did a lot of great work with my baby. My mom used one of these professionally for 15 years before cameras had microchips doing the aperture, f-stop, and focus for everyone, so this is what I learned.

You aren't a *real* photographer until you miss 95% of your perfect shots fiddling with 20 dials. Kids today seeing something pretty and getting a perfect image. Pffft. You need to suffer for art! Nothing is good until you bleed!

(Seriously though, I do miss physical negative and film development/projection)

screenshot-23.png

• Like 4
J. van Deijck
32 minutes ago, Ceebs. said:

My ex-husband has a Canon, Tele has an Olympus... they both look like great cameras... but I learnt on a Nikon and I'm used to their lens series and I don't like change lol, so I didn't even bother looking at anything else besides Nikons haha.

Sounds like me with Canon brand, after all, both Canon and Nikon are very good brands (never tried Olympus, but I've heard good things, too), and yours looks more professional. I just have a Canon Ixus 160 which is about 8 years old and still working very well :lol: maybe except for battery, it dies after one day, but that can be possibly replaced.

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
19 minutes ago, Zagadka... but Ukrainian said:

Seriously though, I do miss physical negative

Yeah, me too. These had a soul :D

• Like 2