How do you feel about facial hair on men?

StarryNightAllAlone

I think it really depends on the person and if it suits them, if it's well kept etc. I think I'd personally prefer clean shaven but that also might be my age. I'm a sucker for slight sideburns though.

12 hours ago, awadama said:

I don't like goatees - I think they look a little...creepy TBH 😅 

DmJqvPc7uq1tzERk9

I agree with you on mustaches.  And while I'm not crazy about goatees, I don't mind them compared to other kinds of facial hair.  Only guy who can actually pull the goatee off would be Dean from The Iron Giant.

I really don't like just a goatee... a good mustache is better, but still not quite my aesthetic.

3 hours ago, froufroufoxes said:

facial hair is SUPER pog

am I old? What does this even mean? 😂

• Like 1

When I was younger (mostly in my 20s) I had facial hair like this:

Spoiler

renfaire.jpg

(can't really grow sideburns much)

depends. i hate sideburns. moustaches are cool, everyone loves moustaches. beards really depend on who it's on. like, on people like william osman they look good, not as much on people like 2005 rob cantor. stubble really only looks good to me on people who kinda look like shane from stardew valley (i know its a video game, i dont have a better one) shitty examples, i dont know many celebrities to use. goatees are made of evil but i would be lying if i said i dont like them.

Edited by Guest
12 minutes ago, daveb said:

When I was younger (mostly in my 20s) I had facial hair like this:

Hide contents

renfaire.jpg

(can't really grow sideburns much)

That is a top notch, A+ mo there 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MarRister said:

am I old? What does this even mean? 😂

Lol I think pog/poggers originated from the live streaming website Twitch. From what I know from a friend who uses them regularly, they mean awesome/epic/amazing and similarly positive things. My friend uses them when she’s excited about something haha.

• Like 2

I only knew offhandedly about pogs as those cardboard bottle top things people used to collect/play with.

Just now, daveb said:

I only knew offhandedly about pogs as those cardboard bottle top things people used to collect/play with.

This is the only thing that came to my mind too haha

• Like 1

My opinion on facial hair has had an interesting evolution. When I was younger I used to absolutely hate it, think it made people look weird. And the same went for body hair. And I felt this way about all genders. As I got older I realized a lot of men I was attracted to did tend to have facial hair and while I usually thought they'd look better if they shaved...I didn't like have any desire to try to force them to change how they looked either. At this point I think I'm in the "some people look better with and some people look better without" camp. Though I will say...I really associate mustaches with my father and also gameshow host Alex Trebek so men who only have a mustache I tend to just. Not be attracted to be to. Like it puts them into a more platonic mindset for me. I still have a preference for no facial hair and no body hair on anyone including myself but it's not as extreme anymore and I'm down with someone who has a nice beard or scruff or whatever. And gosh men who have a beard but rock a dress...Swoon. 

• Like 1

I like beards that are nice and neat and trimmed. I don't like long, skinny looking beards or even trimmed beards, unless they are lush beards. Some men fail to grow a thick beard, and regardless of length, it looks sloppy. Some women just like mustaches. Some like a goatee. You can potentially get a lot of answers to this question.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, StarryNightAllAlone said:

How do y'all feel about facial hair on men?

I'm okay with facial hair given the guy is okay with having it 

I don’t like the aesthetic (with a few exceptions) but I say you do you so obviously I’m not about to buy somebody a razor or tell them that without them asking

I grew up with Queen with Freddie with a moustache.  Around 1987 or so, Freddie shaved his moustache off, and everyone in the media seemed to hate it (I was 11 at the time, so I may be remembering it wrong).  Freddie still looked bloody amazing without his 'tache.

Freddie reacted in typical Freddie manner and said he didn't understand what the furore was about - 'It's just a bloody moustache!' I remember him saying.

Squirrel Combat

Clean shaven. I hate growing facial hair. I can't grow enough for muttonchops, and it becomes scratchy and I break out in more zits and boils around my mouth.

I'm fine with a bit of stubble on a man, well kept, not too long, not a beard fan though.

An asexual cis-woman with hairy genes and hairy male family members. My points:

1. A beard is the business of the beard's owner. I refrain from commenting anyone's facial hair unless consented/requested (sans spontaneous praising in appropriate situations). I hope them doing same for my hair and clothes. 
  2. If my personal opinion is asked, I think that it varies by person to whom beard fits to. Some people's beard patterns and facial hair growth are a bit weird, to some a beard is a cherry topping. My male relatives had pretty sad beard growth when they were young and improved it over age. Similarly, it's hard for me to say that what kind of facial hair is cool, it really depends on the face and hair of the wearer.
  3. Good maintenance and styling are always pluses.
  4. I'd tentatively say that I sliiiiightly favor good-looking beards over clean-shaven faces; I estimate that the former are rarer than the latter, plus I find a bearded face visually more interesting. More details in face, more variance between people, easier to tell apart new people, things like that. Plus, due to having beloved male relatives with facial hair, I associate certain facial hair styles with good memories.

Here we go.

• Like 1

Clean-shaven and stubble are my favs if I'm just looking at men, but there are a few exceptions where a fuller (but still well-groomed) beard looks great. Never cared for anything like sideburns, I just find them funny for some reason.

If there's any physical contact between me and a man's face, clean-shaven all the way. No way I want to get tickled or, god forbid, feel sandpaper on me if we're cuddling, kissing, etc. Completely ruins the moment for me.

27 minutes ago, coyote55 said:

Just wish my beard would migrate to the top of my head and grow there instead... That's where I need it 😊

I hear that!

(and less in my ears :P )

• Like 1
InfamousLeather

I rock a beard for two reasons, both beyond my control...

Firstly, if I shaved it all off in the morning, it would just grow back at twice the speed to spite me...

Secondly.... when I do shave it all off.... I look like the kid from King of the Hill, which isn't a good look.... so yeah... I don't 😑

• Like 2
bertiewooster

I dislike beards.  I love old-fashioned styles of facial hair.  Muttonchops, handlebar moustaches, Van Dykes...they're all a delight.

• Like 1

I personally find beards very attractive on men. If he has a beard, I'm more likely to think "oh look, he's kinda hot" and that goes especially with a long hair combo. My genes are garbage, but I do hope I'll be able to grow a generous amount of fuzz someday

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
J. van Deijck

I don't realy like mine because I seem unable to grow a *real* beard, but without it I look much younger than I actually am. Maybe it's better that way.

• Like 1

In my opinion most of the men look the best when they're clean shaven. Some also look good with stubble. I don't like beards and moustaches at all.

• Like 2

Yeah, I don't shave because if I do I look so much younger so I need my beard and mustache....

• Like 1