How do you feel about facial hair on men?

StarryNightAllAlone

53 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Yeah, I don't shave because if I do I look so much younger so I need my beard and mustache....

Younger is better isn't it? ...unless you are insecure. :)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, uniQChick said:

Younger is better isn't it? ...unless you are insecure. :)

It is better but I mean, I look a bit too young. Can't buy booze or enter a bar, can't buy cigarettes.

I look like a boy.... :lol:

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
22 minutes ago, szarlotka said:

In my opinion most of the men look the best when they're clean shaven. Some also look good with stubble. I don't like beards and moustaches at all.

When it comes to other guys, I can mostly agree with that.

• Like 3

i'm not attracted to men, so i can't say i have much of a preference per se. HOWEVER. handlebar moustaches? mutton chops? floor-length hermit beards? spectacular. i am strongly of the opinion that if you can and are willing to grow facial hair, you should do something completely ridiculous with it. treat your chin like a canvas.

• Like 4

I like having a beard. feels natural and I swear its not that uncomfortable for other people to cuddle w/ or whatever. just use beard oil or wash your face and it softens right up.

granted I keep mine well trimmed and short. great for keeping warm in winter or add definition to a face that lacks it.

Mustaches are funny, I feel like a weird egg (i shave my head) when I have a mustache that just makes it too weird. Wish I could pull it off but its not really my thing.

clean shaven is okay In the summer when its hot I guess. I'd rather have a hint of stubble to give my egghead some definition.

goatees are only okay if you are 45+

• Like 1

I’ve wanted a mustache since I was little, they’ve always looked so frickin’ cool to me. (Sadly I can only have one in my pfp at the moment…) My freshman English teacher had the MOST EPIC beard and mustache and even now I’m still pretty jealous. 

Reference: imagine Avi Kaplan, but with this style. 

Spoiler

Hipster-Handlebar-Mustache-Style.jpg

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
On 8/24/2021 at 6:20 AM, genetic D E A D end said:

everyone loves moustaches.

...if you say so :lol:

• Like 3
ThatBadCat

I think a tidy short beard looks good on (most) men. Goatees are meh. Mustaches immediately increase a mans creep factor by 50%. Long beards just seem very unhygienic and look ridiculous on everyone.

• Like 2
On 8/3/2021 at 6:52 PM, blunose2772 said:

I'm ok with with if it's neatly trimmed and not just allowed to grew wild. I personally let mine just grow wild but that's mostly as a defense mechanism. Makes it easier to be aromatic where your ugly looking. 

I let my beard grow out and long, I also have long hair, every now and then I will have the lot shaved off for a good cause, last time I did this was in 2016 when raising funds for the local blood bikes, and someone looked at me and said in a rather disgusted tone "my god, you haven't done yourself any favours shaving that off, you're bloody ugly!!!" although I am grey/white haired, I do look older without facial hair

• Like 3
J. van Deijck
4 hours ago, oldgeeza said:

I do look older without facial hair

And I'm the opposite.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, alsjeblieft said:

And I'm the opposite.

You and me too buddy, you and me too. :lol:

Honestly, I think it depends on the individual.  Like with haircuts, whether it works depends on your hair texture and face shape.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Karst said:

Honestly, I think it depends on the individual.  Like with haircuts, whether it works depends on your hair texture and face shape.

Face shape is important, some people can even pull off going completely bald merely due to their head and face shape.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
14 hours ago, Calliers said:

You and me too buddy, you and me too. :lol:

...not like I'm able to grow a full beard, though :lol:

• Like 2
Tree snake

Whatever floats your boat. My dad used to have a moustache. It’s one of the things I remember best about him: his wavy hair (which I inherited) and his thick moustache. So, yes, I find beards and moustaches aesthetically appealing.

On some men it's a stonge Yes. Viking style is hot.
Just, please no beards + shaved heads

• Like 1

In general I don't seem to like beards. Don't know why, I just don't find them attractive. Not my cup of tea. I like stubble, though. If I was a bloke I'd love a stylish moustache but I don't think I could rock it like Henry Cavill rocked his stache lol. 

I've always been quite fond of seeing facial hair, especially neatly-trimmed full beards and sideburns/mutton chops.

When I was younger, I thought that meant that I was heterosexual.

Then, after I realized I was aroace, I came to the conclusion that me liking facial hair was simply aesthetic attraction that I had mistook for sexual attraction (since, like most people, I was never taught that there were multiple forms of attraction or how to separate them).

Then I realized I might be trans.... and now I have no idea if my liking facial hair is aesthetic attraction, gender envy, or both. Probably both.

• Like 2

I've been attracted to both men with facial hair (though never a super long beard or a moustache) and without. The last guy I was with had a nice stubble and I actually liked the 'scratchy' feeling of it a lot haha. But overall it mostly depends on the individual.

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
Elizabeth Bennet
On 5/26/2022 at 11:52 PM, Libellule said:

I've been attracted to both men with facial hair (though never a super long beard or a moustache) and without. The last guy I was with had a nice stubble and I actually liked the 'scratchy' feeling of it a lot haha. But overall it mostly depends on the individual.

Same, it depends on the features for me.

It has to work for the face, I guess.

Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

On other people? It depends. On myself? So dysphoric I'm going to go shave as soon as I'm done typing this.

I think for some people, like any people, it either suits them or it doesn't. I don't know what exactly it is that makes a person suit a particular style, but it's there.

As for me, it's hard to say. I never much liked myself anyways, much less looking at myself in the mirror. So I don't get the opportunity to shave often. I'll catch a look sometimes, go "what the fuck dude," and give it a trim. I never shave it all though. I find that at least, I look slightly better with a bit left behind. It helps hide my horrible jaw line, which I'm not fond of looking at or showing to anybody.

The redeeming trait is that facial hair collects all the ice that would be sticking to my face in the winter. That alone merits I keep it.

• Like 1
Elizabeth Bennet
57 minutes ago, E said:

I think for some people, like any people, it either suits them or it doesn't. I don't know what exactly it is that makes a person suit a particular style, but it's there.

It's actually not that hard; facial hair works like make-up. Visagism studies the way face shapes relate to the features contained inside to present a more balanced appearance. If you learn how to use facial hair (like make up) to highlight your best or more liked features and hide whatever you feel more conscious about, it will play to your advantage. 

[Personal image consultant certified post.]

As a Man with Facial Hair: It just feels better and looks better with a Beard on me.

For how it looks on other people: I do think most of the time i like people with beards, not a Fan of Moustache-Only and i don't think it makes that big a difference Looks-wise for most people, but i overall very much like Beards. Also Feels good to nestle with your Beard or stroking through the Stubble when you've Trimmed/Shaved and its this short Hard hair-thingie. (Also goes for Head-Hair, e.g. after Cutting your Hair short, the Neck feels great)

J. van Deijck

I would probably keep mine if it looked nice. :lol:

The Butterfly Composer

It's rather itchy to grow. But a nice colour. 

• Like 1
Guest Invisible Pumpkin

I don't know if I posted earlier in this thread, is there an effortless way yo know if I have posted before in a thread? If you wish, explain with apples, please lol.

*"How do y'all feel about facial hair on men? Are you a fan of the beard and mustache combo or do you hate them with a hairy passion?"

I like it but not too long.

"If you're attracted to men-folk, do you prefer men who are baby faced and clean shaven or do you prefer men with a woolly coat of facial fuzz?"

I could like either, honestly. but I have certain like for those who are hairy, especially deep dark hair, but whatever. 

3 hours ago, 8181477 said:

I don't know if I posted earlier in this thread, is there an effortless way yo know if I have posted before in a thread? If you wish, explain with apples, please lol.

If the icon next to the thread is a green star then it means you’ve posted in the thread already. A green circle means you haven’t posted in the thread.