How do you feel about facial hair on men?

StarryNightAllAlone

StarryNightAllAlone

How do y'all feel about facial hair on men? Are you a fan of the beard and mustache combo or do you hate them with a hairy passion?  If you're attracted to men-folk, do you prefer men who are baby faced and clean shaven or do you prefer men with a woolly coat of facial fuzz? If you are a man, do you prefer a hirsute look or do you like the feel of a silky smooth face? Share your thoughts below. Yay, nay, or meh.

How do We Define Riker's Beard?

For the most part I don’t care, but for some reason I can’t help but associate facial hair with older men (maybe has something to do with people I saw as a kid, when I still had some vision). It feels weird to me when people compliment the beards of, like, 30-year-olds because in my mind they’re too young to have them lmao. In terms of attraction, yes a clean-shaven face appeals to me way more than one with hair, but it probably wouldn’t be a deal-breaker lol. If I was strongly emotionally attracted to a guy with facial hair, I could probably either come to be okay with it or even like it on him. 

• Like 1

Very very fond of it lol. I convinced my partner to grow a beard. 😂

StarryNightAllAlone
1 hour ago, Ceebs. said:

Very very fond of it lol. I convinced my partner to grow a beard. 😂

I thought you would be on the fuzzy side! 🧔

• Like 1
RoseGoesToYale

I prefer men clean-shaven. Then, I'm not a big fan of body hair in general.

• Like 2
Sarah-Sylvia

I don't like facial hair XD

I'm open to some day feeling differently. but not for now.

• Like 1

Their body/face, their choice. I'm indifferent to it. 

• Like 2
binary suns

I'm indifferent too. I like it either way. 

Apparently (ovulating) women can answer this question differently, depending on which part of their cycle they're on when the question is asked. 

StarryNightAllAlone
1 minute ago, Eutierria said:

Apparently (ovulating) women can answer this question differently, depending on which part of their cycle they're on when the question is asked. 

Interesting. It makes sense. Hormones are like natural drugs.

blunose2772

I'm ok with with if it's neatly trimmed and not just allowed to grew wild. I personally let mine just grow wild but that's mostly as a defense mechanism. Makes it easier to be aromatic where your ugly looking. 

fooledbysecrecy
1 hour ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

How do y'all feel about facial hair on men? Are you a fan of the beard and mustache combo or do you hate them with a hairy passion?  If you're attracted to men-folk, do you prefer men who are baby faced and clean shaven or do you prefer men with a woolly coat of facial fuzz? If you are a man, do you prefer a hirsute look or do you like the feel of a silky smooth face? Share your thoughts below. Yay, nay, or meh.

How do We Define Riker's Beard?

riker is better with a beard otherwise i don't really care. :P

• Like 1
StarryNightAllAlone
20 minutes ago, fooledbysecrecy said:

riker is better with a beard otherwise i don't really care. :P

I agree. Riker, Worf, and Sisko look good with facial hair. I think everyone else looks better clean shaven. Of course, anyone can do whatever they want with their hair. I'm not a big fan of beards in general. I think close cut beards can look good and even better than a clean shaven look on some men. So long as the man in question keeps his beard clean and trimmed!

• Like 1

Ugh, don’t get me started!  Here’s how much I detest facial hair on men:  When I was a child I was AFRAID of men with facial hair.  If someone rang the doorbell at my house I ran screaming into the back of the house worried it might be a man with facial hair.  I’m not even joking.

Needless to say, I still am way more aesthetically attracted to clean-shaven man than one with facial hair.  Sometimes I’m OK with a tiny bit of stubble, but completely clean shaven is better.  If I am aesthetically attracted to a man and he grows a beard or mustache, my aesthetic attraction evaporates almost entirely.

• Like 1
StarryNightAllAlone
30 minutes ago, coolshades said:

Ugh, don’t get me started!  Here’s how much I detest facial hair on men:  When I was a child I was AFRAID of men with facial hair.  If someone rang the doorbell at my house I ran screaming into the back of the house worried it might be a man with facial hair.  I’m not even joking.

Needless to say, I still am way more aesthetically attracted to clean-shaven man than one with facial hair.  Sometimes I’m OK with a tiny bit of stubble, but completely clean shaven is better.  If I am aesthetically attracted to a man and he grows a beard or mustache, my aesthetic attraction evaporates almost entirely.

I don't dislike beards to that extent, but I do have an aversion to long, unkempt beards. If a man must have a beard, I hope he cleans and grooms it regularly!

fooledbysecrecy
9 minutes ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

Riker, Worf, and Sisko look good with facial hair.

oh yes of course sisko!! and klingons just need a beard. 

honourable mention to disco spock

spacer.png

(actually the beard is irrelevant just any excuse to post my sad goth son<3<3<3)

• Like 1
StarryNightAllAlone

@fooledbysecrecy I think Worf looks better with long hair too. His second hairstyle was alright, but his first hairstyle was pretty bad. Once he grew out his glorious locks, he really looked like an honorable Klingon warrior.

Why does Worf have such short hair to begin with? - Science Fiction &amp;  Fantasy Stack Exchange

My Year Of Star Trek: The Thing About Foreheads Is...

And Sisko's transformation made him look like the badass he is!

Sisko switch: startrek

• Like 2
1 hour ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

I thought you would be on the furry side! 🧔

I prefer to go with 'fuzzy'. 😂 'Furry' has... other connotations that I'm definitely not into...

• Like 2
StarryNightAllAlone
Just now, Ceebs. said:

I prefer to go with 'fuzzy'. 😂 'Furry' has... other connotations that I'm definitely not into...

LOL. I didn't consider that! I'm changing it immediately!

• Like 2
Anomaly Q3Xr

It depends on the person. I prefer guys aesthetically when they are clean shaven, but some people seem to suit beards better.  For example, Command Riker and Captain Sisko both suit theirs beards better to me than when they were clean shaven (used them as examples as their pictures are in this thread), whereas I didn't think either Spock or Data suited theirs (Data only tried it out once).

• Like 2

I prefer being clean-shaven, but shaving your face every day can get tiresome. So for about half my life, I'll have a goatee, that I just keep  trimmed pretty short. Seriously cuts down the time required for upkeep. 

• Like 1

As a man with a beard, I might be a little biased here, but I really appreciate all the time and effort that goes into keeping a fine looking beard. Some guys can pull it off, others not so much. I have a slight aesthetic attraction to men with nice beards. 

I agree that Riker looks 1000x better with the beard.  Also, for the record, I know the beard doesn’t suit Data. I just think it’s hilarious and cute. 

• Like 2

I think it depends a lot on the individual person. Some guys look much better with beards, some look better clean-shaven, and some look good either way. It has a lot to do with the shape of one's face and whether/how the beard complements it, I think.

I've found dudes in both camps attractive, without much of a seeming bias either way, so I wouldn't say I have a preference.

I personally kinda hate shaving, so goodness knows if I was AMAB, I'd probably have a big ol' scraggly beard just out of sheer laziness 😂 But I presume about as much effort goes into having a neatly trimmed beard as being consistently shaven...

• Like 4

The recent fashion for facial hair does nothing for me, not that it's my business what men decide to do with their faces, it's just that imho, facial hair makes them look much older than they are.

• Like 1

Dislike it, almost hate it. Would prefer that it moved up on head instead... Body hair can go away as well.

This is valid for my face and body, others can do as they wish.

• Like 2
a little annihilation

It isn't attractive

It's not necessarily a turn off but it doesn't look good either

AroAce Wolf

Eh. I think some guys look fine with facial hair while others do not. It just depends on the man and his other unique features. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 3
StarryNightAllAlone
1 hour ago, Sam M said:

It depends on the person. I prefer guys aesthetically when they are clean shaven, but some people seem to suit beards better.  For example, Command Riker and Captain Sisko both suit theirs beards better to me than when they were clean shaven (used them as examples as their pictures are in this thread), whereas I didn't think either Spock or Data suited theirs (Data only tried it out once).

I agree 100%.

• Like 2