Kura's Animal Crossing New Leaf Literal Let's Play

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Update:

So, after giving it a lot of thought, I've decided that i will buy the Amiibo scanner, BUT I will only also buy the Villager Amiibo and ten Amiibo cards.

However, that raises a big consideration: do I look at the list of all 333 villagers, thus ruining the surprise of having new ones move in, or do I decide on the ten based on the very few villagers I know about already?

At least five of the options are already filled by Molly, Peanut, Julian, Ankha, and Fauna. 

Day 34: January 27, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hello, everyone, and welcome!

Today was a pretty quiet day. Last night I went to the Island and was able to complete the Police Station fund, so that's good.

My new roof is all set up, too, except it's hard to see under the snow. It looks like it's made out of little squares of cookie perfectly squished together.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [four old ones; there's only around 13 or so fossils left to find, which seems like a lot, but considering there's four to find a day, we're really close to completion]

Harvested Cherries

Visited the Police Station [there's lost items that you can just take, because apparently being the Mayor means your outrank the police]

Visited Friga's House

Got fairly lucky with the bell rock

Accidentally dug up Colton's Time Capsule, but it turned out alright because he was going to dig it up anyway, and he gave me the item inside

Harvested Lychees

Visited Shep at the Campsite [as his name suggests, he's a Sheepdog; he's nice enough, but we already have two dogs]

Harvested and buried two Coconuts on the beach

Sold fossils, the Pitfall, Cherries, and Lychees, and some clothes I didn't want anymore

Made a super lopsided Snowman

Visited the cafe

Sold seashells

Redecorated

Went to the ceremony for the Police Station

Started the fund for the Dream Suite [finally!] and paid a bit of it off

Visited Club LOL, traded a Cherry for the Joy Joke, which was not joyful

Bought...not only the Cookie Exterior Wall, but also the Cookie Mailbox, and Colourful Gravel, which looks like little bits of glass! Hooray! My house will be complete, on the outside at least! I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do to celebrate.

Redecorated again

Did some fishing, and caught a new fish, the Football Fish, but it looks like an Angler Fish to me

Wrote and sent a welcoming letter to Alfonso 

Items Received:

Letter + Sleigh [from Snowtyke; I was expecting it to be small enough to put on a table, but it's big enough to sit in! All I need is a reindeer.]

Sun Cosmos + Astro CD Player [from the Police Station; I planted the flower, but the player looks like R2D2 got super skinny, so I decided I didn't want it, and sold it]

Plush Carpet [from Alfonso]

Kiwi Tank Top [from Colton]

Minimalist Minitable [from Goldie; I put the New 3DS on it]

Kiddie Wallpaper [bought]

New Year's Cards [bought]

Conga Drum [bought]

Daily Fortune #17 again = Block

#37 again = Triforce [I have two Triforces now! Does that mean I get two wishes?]

Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Red Tulip [bought and planted]

Powdered Wig [bought; now before you say 'why in the world would Kura want that', it doesn't look like what it's name suggests--it's long wavy hair with a silvery tinge, and it makes me look like Sephiroth, a bit]

Next Plans:

Make a perfect Snowlady tomorrow

Complete the Dream Suite fund

Start paying off the next loan

Try to catch rare fish

Closing Thoughts:

Thank goodness that you can buy multiple house options at once. 

I still haven't seen what Alfonso's house is like inside; every time I went to visit, he was out. 

Thanks all for today! See you next time!

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

At least you didn't accidentally open the Time Capsule.

I'd probably want to celebrate with Cookies.

11 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Letter + Sleigh [from Snowtyke; I was expecting it to be small enough to put on a table, but it's big enough to sit in! All I need is a reindeer.]

If you can't find a reindeer, will you make one instead?

Now, if only there was a blonde, spiky haired wig...

Day 35: January 28, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was another pretty quiet day. On a side note, looks like Pashmina's moving out, on February 7.

My new house additions look fantastic. It only took, what, a month and almost a week. 😅

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up a Pitfall, fossils [one new, three old], and three Gyroids [one old, two new]

Harvested Durians

Buried Friga's Time Capsule

Replanted various flowers

Visited the Police Station, but no new items today

Visited Alfonso's House [he's got a CD Player that looks like it's made out of blocks, and a big table with a train set!]

Tried to make a perfect Snowlady, but gave up and made a perfect Snowboy instead

Watered flowers

Visited the cafe

Donated fossil and Gyroids

Sold fossils, Durians, Gyroid, duplicate Balloon items

Bought Fancy Frame at museum [it's a painting of a beautiful rose, and I immediately thought of Rose Quartz from Steven Universe]

Visited Club LOL, traded a Durian for the Surprise Joke, which was neither funny nor surprising

Ordered right side room from Tom Nook [I'm not sure yet what I'll put in it]

Caught a bee, and sold it and the beehive

Paid off a bit of the Dream Suite fund

Made a Rainbow Pattern, and tried to make a Gamecube Villager hat, but couldn't figure out how to add the horns

Items Received:

Letter + Bread Box [from Friga; ooh! That's one of the best customizable items! Like the Stewpot and Hot Plate, the food in it can be changed, in this case, to: Plain Bread, Raisin Bread, Cheese Bread, and Chocolate Marble Bread. I customized it to be Cheese Bread, but tomorrow I'll try the Chocolate one. I think this is one of the best gifts so far!]

Letter + Gelato Umbrella [from Pate; it matches my Gelato T-Shirt!]

Balloon Present: Balloon TV

Balloon Present: Balloon Lamp

[There's only four balloon items I'm missing--the Table, Chair, Chest, and Carpet. After you get them all, balloon presents will start having random items.]

Cabin Rug [bought]

Tartan Paper, Plaid Paper [bought; they both look like tartan to me]

Modern End Table [bought; to put the Bread Box on; it looks like a mini chess board]

Daily Fortune #11: "She who forgoes a hat and grabs a helmet knows not the sting of lava." = Samus Helmet

#10: "Look to the sky when the sun sets. All will be revealed in this twilight." = Midna Mask 

Sun Cosmos [bought and planted]

Red Pansy [bought and planted]

Night Sky T-Shirt [bought]

Ribboned Straw Hat [bought; it's so tiny it's hilarious]

Lovely Table [from a tree; it's not really to my liking, so I sold it]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday, plus try to catch rare fish tonight [who's idea was it to make certain fish super hard to find, and then make them appear at seemingly random times?]

Closing Thoughts:

I'm so sick of Snowpeople now, but at least there's only two more to go, then eight Snowboys if I decide I want the rest of his items. It's a good thing Snowboys are fairly easy to make. 

That's all for today! See you next time!

Day 36: January 29, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was the weekly 'run around and do things super fast and out of order' day. 

Speaking of weekly things, I've decided to make visiting the Police Station a weekly event, since that way there's lots of lost items to get, instead of one a day. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Dup up a Pitfall, and fossils [two new, two old], so only ten fossils left to find!

Harvested Bananas, planted two on the beach

Found Gulliver; sent him to Ireland [the other options included Canada and Greenland, but his talk of 'Emerald Isles' and shamrocks made it way too easy]

Redecorated

Went to the Police Station, got an Old Sewing Machine

Made a perfect Snowlady after several attempts

Donated fossils

Sold fossils, Pitfall, a sapphire, Bananas, the Old Sewing Machine, and some things I didn't need

Customized the Cheese Bread to Chocolate Marble Bread

Visited the Cafe

Fished a lot

Sold seashells and fish

Delivered present from Elmer to Pate

Caught a new fish, and donated it

Visited Friga's House

Caught another new fish, and donated it

Sold fish and snowflakes

Saved mail

Paid off tiny bits of the Dream Suite fund and the new loan

Redecorated, and decided to put the video games and Apple TV in the new room

Went to Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Worry Joke

Items Received:

Letter + Snow Dresser [from Snowboy]

Letter [from Roald]

Reply Letter + Picnic Shirt [from Alfonso]

Balloon Present: Balloon Wallpaper [not again]

Conga Drum [from Pate; nice of her, but I only need one]

Vertigo T-Shirt [from Elmer]

White Pansy [bought and planted]

Blue Diamond T-Shirt [bought]

Minimalist Minitable [bought; It'll be for the Wii U]

Daily Fortune #55: "He who looks from below sees a great deal." = Dashhound Nintendogs Figurine

#1: "A red hat may improve your head, as well as your fashion sense." = Mushroom Kingdom Mural Wallpaper

Next Plans:

Make a perfect Snowtyke

Pay off more of the Dream Suite fund and loan

Try to catch more new fish 

Closing Thoughts:

I was messing around a bit while redecorating, and discovered that not only do the musical instruments make brief music sounds when you press A in front of them, but the Lucky Cats make little sounds that might be flutes, or possibly wind chimes. 

I checked the wiki, and it looks like there's only 20 or so Daily Fortune items left to get. There's almost 60, so that's rather impressive. 

I think making Police Station visits a weekly thing is a good idea. It sounds more exciting that way.

For an animal person who's biggest defining trait is that he travels around the world a lot, I would think Gulliver'd be very knowledgeable about stuff like this.

Why is it that finding every kind of fish in video games is always such a hassle?

If only there were cat figurines to win. I'd actually be eager to collect those.

Day 37: January 30. 3030

Opening Thoughts:

So, today was a bit of a lucky day, in more ways than one, and a special day. My friend, who is like a third grandmother to me, came over to visit, and I gave her a tour of Kittycat Town.

Tasks Accomplished:

Gave a Cherry to Colton, even though, yet again, he was standing right beside a fruit tree

Helped dig up Goldie's time capsule

Made a perfect Snowtyke [FINALLY!]

Harvested Cherries

Dug up a Pitfall, fossils [four old], and Gyroids [two new, one old]

Harvested Lychees and Coconuts

Visited Cookie at the Campsite

Sold fossils, fruit, and Snowflakes

Went to the cafe; got coffee to go

Picked up a Red Pansy at the Police Station, and planted it

Visited Katrina

Saved mail

CAUGHT AN OARFISH, ONE OF THE RAREST FISH IN THE GAME, and donated it

Caught old fish

Sold fish and seashells

Paid off a little bit of the Dream Suite fund and loan

Delivered present from Alfonso to Pashmina, got a Rubber Apron [...why...]

Caught and sold more fish, snowflakes, and seashells

Convinced Cookie to move here [yes, I know, we'll end up with three dogs, but I decided to make an exception for Cookie. She's so cute and friendly. It's a silly thought, but I'd like to think that she moved from Chuggaaconroy's town, to come here]

Items Obtained:

Icy Shirt [from Colton]

Goldie's Picture [Pictures are rare, and you can only get one if you have high friendship with a villager]

Letter + Shamrock Clock [from Gulliver]

[Letter + Harp [from Friga; what a lovely gift!]

Letter + Uncommon Shirt [from Friga]

Wall Flowerpot [bought]

Daily Fortune #34 again = Blue Falcon

#15 again = Yellow Pikmin

White Rose [bought and planted]

Red Rose [bought and planted]

Red Hood [bought; now all I need is a Red Cloak]

Rainbow Tights [bought; I like them so much, I'm going to wear them from now on]

Balloon Present: Balloon Table

Caladium [from Colton; it turns out to be a big potted plant]

Next Plans:

Catch fish at 9:00 pm [I really mean it this time!]

Pay off the Dream Suite fund and the loan

Closing Thoughts:

I know I'm taking a big risk here, having Cookie move in when the Campsite is so randomized that someone else really nice could come, and not be able to move in. But I think everything will turn out alright. 

It's been quite awhile since someone new moved in, so you know what that means--fan art time!

Alfonso: [screenshot from the Animal Crossing movie]

alfonso-animal-crossing-6.44.jpg

Cookie:

ee05d1e0551c4714cf7fe54edd8d5dc4.png

35 minutes ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

So, today was a bit of a lucky day, in more ways than one, and a special day. My friend, who is like a third grandmother to me, came over to visit, and I gave her a tour of Kittycat Town.

Oh, that's so cool! I'm really happy for you.

49 minutes ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Daily Fortune #34 again = Blue Falcon

#15 again = Yellow Pikmin

These two together makes me think of a certain scene in Smash Bros. Brawl's story mode with Captain Falcon and Olimar.

Day 38: January 31, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Last night I caught an Abalone, and a Blowfish. Go, me. 

I'm two hours early today, but that's because today was a very quiet day.

Also, Pashmina randomly decided not to move.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dup up a Pitfall, and fossils [four old ones]

Accidentally made a Snowlady instead of a Snowboy

Played Hide and Seek with Friga, Cherry, and Pashmina

Caught Snowflakes

Harvested Durians

Delivered a present from Elmer to Alfonso

Sold fossils, snowflakes, Pitfall, Durians, a sapphire, and wallpaper

Bought a Tricycle at ReTail, and was dismayed to find that you can't ride it around the house, so I sold it

Worked at the cafe, got Good Coffee Beans

Paid off a little bit of the Dream Suite Fund

Went to Club LOL; traded a Durian for a Mistaken Joke

Sold seashells, and unwanted items

Paid off a little bit of the loan

Items Received:

Letter + Snow Bunny [from Snowtyke; hooray hooray!]

Letter + Pear [from Roald]

Green Wallpaper [from Friga; it's...an okay shade of green...]

Ivy Wallpaper [from Alfonso]

Classic Carpet [bought]

Daily Fortune #15 again = Yellow Pikmin

#43: "She who wears laceless shoes is probably busy with space monsters." = Varia Suit Boots

Yellow Pansy [bought and planted]

Checkerboard Skirt [bought]

Red Plaid Skirt [bought]

Halo [bought; heehee]

Colourful Sneakers [yes, I know I bought those already, and then got rid of them, but they go so nicely with my rainbow socks, I bought them again]

Next Plans; 

Try to catch a Tuna tomorrow night, since I'll be playing anyway because of the K. K. concert

Make some hard decisions about clothing items [I've filled up five out of six spaces in storage B!] 

Closing Thoughts:

According to the wiki, Cookie should be moving in within the next few days. Yay!

The only fish I'm kind of nervous about catching is the Stringfish, because it can only be found in December, January, and February after 4 pm, and it's very rare. Most of the other fish can be found throughout the year, just very rarely, or during a set collection of, say, five months, but Stringfish seem to be one of the only exceptions. Grr.

Day 39: February 1, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was another quiet day, aside from discovering a space reserved for Cookie's House, right beside Colton's House, so she'll be moving in tomorrow. Yippee! 

Tasks Accomplished:

Caught Snowflakes

Dug up Pitfall, fossils [1 new, 3 old]

Got ore from the bell rock

Made an imperfect Snowboy

Sold fossils, Snowflakes, ore, and Pitfall

Harvested Bananas

Gathered Seashells

Sold Bananas, Seashells, and more Snowflakes

Caught all five bees

Got bells from the bell trees

Got an Astro Lamp and Exotic Chair from two trees, but decided I didn't want them, and sold them, along with the bees and beehives

Visited Club LOL; traded a Banana for a Mischief Joke

Worked at the cafe; got Good Coffee Beans

Paid off a huge amount of the Dream Suite fund

Items Received:

Letter [from Pate; she's kind of acting like she's got a crush on my character. It's kind of funny.]

Letter [from the post office; looks like I've got 47 bells in interest. Yay?]

Bromeliaceae [from Cherry; it turns out to be a very big plant]

Minimalist Ottoman [bought]

Flower Pop Carpet [bought; it's a giant sunflower on a blue background]

Daily Fortune #14 again = Blue Pikmin

#16 again = Papa Teddy Bear [consolation prize]

Yellow Violet [bought and planted]

Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Next Plans:

Buy an art piece from Redd

Go to the K. K. Concert

Fish for Tuna

Go to the Island tomorrow; do some fishing there, try to catch a Flatworm, and get rare bugs

Pay off the remainder of the Dream Suite fund

Pay off the loan

Closing Thoughts:

I've decided to have either Saturday or Sunday be 'Visit the Police Station' day. 

I wish the Amiibo Cards weren't so hard to find. >.<

First of all, congratulations on finally getting the Snow Bunny yesterday. 😄

I hope Cookie loves it here. At the very least, I'm sure the town will better off with her around than with a certain annoying hamster.

Can you imagine if there was dating in Animal Crossing?

Bromeliaceae is a pretty nice looking plant, but I really can't tell how I'm supposed to pronounce it.

Day 40: February 2, 2020 [Groundhog Day]

Opening Thoughts:

So, last night I went to the K.K. Slider concert, and got the K.K. Synth music. It's an alright song, I guess.

Then I went and got the real painting at Redd's. I was pretty sure beforehand, but I checked the wiki anyway in between my last post and turning the game on again last night. 

I also fished a lot, and found a lot of Sea Bass, but no rare fish. 

As you may have noticed, when there's a holiday in both the actual calendar and the game calendar, I'll add that to the title bit. 

Also, Cookie moved in today, and although her house isn't all set up yet, the outside looks like a giant cupcake with blue wrapping paper. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Donated the painting

Caught five bees

Harvested Cherries

Fell into a Pitfall, then Elmer wandered up to talk to me, so I had to get out very fast. It wasn't anything important after all that.

Delivered a present from Elmer to Colton, got a Refrigerator in exchange [...yay?]

Caught Snowflakes

Made an imperfect Snowboy [now this is just getting ridiculous]

Harvested Lychees

Harvested two Coconuts and two Bananas

Gathered Seashells

Went to the cafe, got coffee

Sold Snowflakes, bees, beehives, fruit, Seashells, and unwanted items [I had to make three whole trips to ReTail in between everything else I was doing]

Paid off the remainder of the Dream Suite Fund

Went to Club LOL, traded a Cherry for a Pride Joke

Visited the Police Station, got the MVP Shirt, and was not impressed by it [I've decided that Sunday is official Police Station Visit Day]

Went to the Island; tried to catch a Flatworm; tried to catch a whole bunch of rare ocean fish, sharks, and eels, and couldn't get any because I either pressed A too soon, or even when I did press it at the right time, it was always a split second off, and they got away; gave up on that; caught some bugs; gathered rare fruit from Minigames

Paid off a big chunk of the loan

Wrote and sent letters:

+ Gelato Umbrella [to Cookie]

+ Blue Diamond Shirt [to Goldie]

+ Cherry [to Cherry, because I thought it'd be funny]

+ Quince Bonsai [to Colton; because it was just sitting in storage and I decided he might like it more]

Items Received:

Letter + Painting [from Redd]

Letter [from Cherry]

Lovely Chair [from a tree; it's not nearly as lovely as the name suggests--it looks very uncomfortable to sit on]

Resetti Figurine [from Isabelle]

Minimalist Bed [from a tree; it's a little too minimalist--just a blank white bed with a tiny pillow]

Mushroom Paper, Forest Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #46 again = Varia Suit

#26 again = Mario Pipe

Cabin Rug [bought, again, because I forgot]

White Lily and Red Rose [bought and planted]

Fiendish Shirt [bought; it's all fiery and stuff]

Next Plans: 

Go to the Island tonight and get rich again

Pay off the rest of the loan

Consult a guide on how to make perfect Snowboys

new goal: Get all the Snowboy Items before Valentine's Day, because it's a convenient progress marker 

Closing Thoughts:

The main problem with catching Island fish, ectc. is that the rental fishing rod is the basic fishing rod. If only I could get a silver one, I might have a better chance, but there's just the basic one available. At least there's only two Island exclusive fish I don't have [the Giant Trevally and Whale Shark, according to the wiki], but still, it could take ages and massive amounts of luck to get those two specific fish.  *grumble Random Number Deity grumble* 

Happy belated Groundhog Day.

Of course I've thought about giving a Cherry to Cherry as a gift. It still made me laugh a little.

I agree with you that the Lovely Chair looking uncomfortable to sit on. But then again, most standard chairs aren't very comfortable to sit on to me.

Lately I've been trying to imagine scenarios in which the two fortune items interact. It doesn't work too well with consolation prizes, though.

Day 41: February 3, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So last night I discovered two very important things: the bugs on the fruit trees on the Island sell for very few amounts of Bells, so: only go for the bugs on the palm trees [unless you find a Rainbow Stag Beetle on a fruit tree, or are trying to catch all the bugs, of course]. Once I realized this, I released all of the Horned Dynasids I had caught, and even though it was super late at night once I was done, I eventually I got 300,000 bells by focusing on the palm tree bugs. I paid off the remaining 220,000 on the loan, and had a whole bunch left over. So...yeah. Overpriced bugs are overpriced. 

The second important thing is that there's a trick to catching fish--play with headphones, and once you've got a fish's attention, close your eyes and wait for the sound of the fish biting, instead of watching for it and having a much higher chance of missing the timing. I caught two Sharks that way [albeit ones that I'd already caught], so I'm very happy to have learned this. Hopefully I'll be able to catch rare fish now. 

Today was an absurdly busy day.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up fossils [four old]

Went to the ceremony for the Dream Suite

Delivered present from Alfonso to Pate, even though they were standing right next to each other

Fell into a Pitfall while Isabelle was watching [she looked so anxious, but then was all Hooray! when I escaped]

Got moderately lucky with the bell rock

Harvested Durians

Started the Fountain Public Works Project

Watered all the flowers

Made an imperfect Snowboy

Sold Snowflakes, Durians, fossils, unwanted items

Worked at the cafe, got Good Coffee Beans, and a Coffeemaker 

Gathered and sold Seashells

Found Gulliver, sent him to Spain [finally a rather tricky one; hopefully I sent him to the right place]

Returned Goldie's lost mitten

Visited Club LOL, traded a Durian for an Outrage Joke

Visited the Dream Suite, met Luna, and went to a random Dream Town

Ordered back room from Tom Nook

Sold Seashells, Snowflakes, and a fish

Went back to the Dream Suite and got a Dream Address [see below]

Paid off the Fountain fund

Items Received:

Letter + Mustache Glasses [from mom; nice, but I already have one...]

Letter + Royal Shirt [from Goldie]

Letter + Bamboo Shoot [from Cherry;...um...Bamboo is an invasive plant in this game...I'm not going to plant it since we don't have a Panda villager to eat it]

Letter + Folding Screen [from Colton; it has bonsai designs on it, and reminds me of the big brown screen that my mum has]

Reply Letter [from Cookie]

Hedge Standee [from Pate;...it's a cardboard cutout of a hedge...]

Balloon Present: Silver Slingshot [which I already have...]

Number 4 Shirt [from Goldie]

Arched Window Wallpaper [bought; it looks like stained glass, so is it made of windows or wallpaper?]

Cloud Carpet [bought]

Daily Fortune #54: "Promise what it may, the leopard never changes its spots." = Dalmatian Nintendogs Figurine [yay! I've got all the doggies!]

#36: "Your friends need you. They always need you. They never stop." = Airwing [do a barrel roll!]

Sun Cosmos and Red Rose [bought and planted]

Pink Polka-Dot Dress [bought]

Balloon Present: Balloon Chair [only two more to go!]

Balloon Present: Balloon Clock

Regal Dresser [from Friga; she said it was from Pashmina, but then randomly called her a 'he'. That was weird.]

Next Plans: 

Go to Chuggaaconroy's Dream Town, if I can find a working Dream Address

Move the food to the new back room

Figure out how to make perfect Snowboys 

Try to catch a Tuna and a Stringfish

Try to catch a Snowball Beetle

Pay off the new loan

Closing Thoughts:

So, now there's a decision to make: update the Dream Address every day, or once a week. Regardless, here's the current Dream Address: 5C00--017D--4C0A

For anyone who can actually access it, please let me know if it works, or doesn't work, or whatever. 

Ooh! That's a lot of bells. Way to go.

Good job figuring that out. Hopefully this will make catching the rest of the new fish a lot easier for you.

Maybe Alfonso is just too shy to talk to Pate directly.

That sounded like a rather cute Isabelle moment.

Hedge Standee. Useful for when you want to "hide" in plane sight.

Perhaps Friga made a typo... with her mouth. 😛

Day 42: February 4, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was a very long day, for various reasons that you'll see below.

Tasks Accomplished:

Redecorated a lot; put all the food in the new room

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils, then tried for nearly half an hour to find the fourth one, then gave up [three old]

Traded Folding Screen for Cherry's Sleek Dresser, which...isn't my type of dresser at all

Visited Rizzo the Mouse at the Campsite [that's got to be a Muppets reference]

Delivered present from Goldie to Alfonso

Went to the ceremony for the fountain

Got fairly lucky with the bell rock

Made another imperfect Snowboy [I'm almost ready to give up on making Snowboys now...]

Worked at the cafe, got Good Coffee Beans

Harvested Bananas

Gave Balloon Closet to Friga, got an Office Chair in return, but decided I didn't need it

Almost caught a Mole Cricket

Sold fossils, Bananas, a sapphire, and unwanted items

Persevered and caught a Mole Cricket 

Updated Kittycat Town Dream

Tried to go to Chuggaaconroy's Town, but the Dream Address didn't work, so I had to manually select each town named Palette that had the player name Emile attached to it, and almost gave up before noticing I had missed one, and it was the right one at last! It turns out the address was right, but I had mistaken an F in the code for an E. Whoops. Once there, though, I had a great time. I got to meet the infamous Shari and Croque, and see all the parts of the town that I remembered fondly from the Let's Play, and got to visit Chuggaa/Emile's house, and I must admit I nearly cried when I saw that he had a picture of Molly in his food room, but it was happy cry. I was also a bit jealous of all of his rare and exclusive dessert items. The best part is, I can visit it as many times as I want. 

Here's the Dream Address for Chuggaaconroy's Palette Town: 4B00--00A2--F421

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Resignation Joke, and it was actually a somewhat decent joke

Saved mail

Paid off a bit of the loan

Sold Seashells, Snowflakes, fish, and unneeded Balloon items

Fished for several hours, and found what was almost certainly a Stringfish in the river, and three fish that were almost certainly Tuna in the Ocean, but wasn't able to catch them because I still couldn't press the A button fast enough

Items Received:

Letter + Gaudi's Lizard [from Gulliver; so I did send him to the right place after all; it's a very pretty statue, whatever it is]

Letter + Silver HHA Plaque [from HHA; I finally got 50,000 points!]

Marshmallow Chair [from Alfonso; it's funny, I was just thinking yesterday that it'd be a nice item to have]

Beans [from Harvey; I've been trying to get those for ages--you can feed the birds with them, and it's super cute]

Watermelon [from Campground]

Balloon Present: Balloon Closet

Daily Fortune #23: Mario Super Star again

#51: "Great artists aren't always appreciated in their own time." = Wii U Console [Hooray! I had a feeling that i would get it today]

Yellow Lily and yellow Violet [bought and planted]

Mario Hat [bought again]

Masquerade Mask [bought]

Balloon Present: Balloon Bed

Balloon Present: Balloon Dog Lamp

Next Plans:

Try to catch a Snowball Beetle either 7-8 am, or after 5:00 pm

Try to catch a Sweet Shrimp after 9:00 pm

Pay off the new loan

Decide on the next Public Works Project [probably the Water Well, since it's the only one besides the Reset Centre that are available that I want]

Closing Thoughts:

So, yeah, today was an up and down day. I was so happy to finally visit Palette, but then really sad and frustrated about the fish. The worst part is that to get the best fishing rod, you have to catch all the fish. Why do game developers do that all the time--limit the best items so that you can only get them once you don't need them anymore, or make them so absurdly rare or hard to find that there's pretty much no point trying to get them? 

So you have a food room now. Kind of like a kitchen. 

I'm so happy for you getting to visit Chuggaaconroy's Dream Town.

Ooh, nice! Good job predicting getting the Wii U.

It really seems like the game developers didn't think that one through very well when making the conditions for getting the best fishing rod...

Day 43: February 5, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was another busy day.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries and a Perfect Cherry

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [one new, three old], and three new Gyroids

Harvested Lychees

Got Beans from Harvey

Got two new badges from Phineas

Planted the Perfect Cherry

Harvested two Bananas and two Coconuts, and planted them

Donated fossil and added Gyroids to the Gyroid exhibit 

Watered the fruit tree saplings

Played Puzzle League for more than a half an hour, and got past the part I was stuck on, then got stuck again

Sold fruit, fossils, and unwanted items

Got a Candle from ReTail, and put it in the Snowpeople Item room

Goldie visited my house

Visited Katrina

Started Water well Public Works Project

Had coffee at the cafe

Updated the Kittycat Town Dream

Planted and watered sapling

Redecorated a bit

Did a lot of gardening

Items Received:

Letter + Mama Teddy Bear [from Roald]

Balloon Present: Balloon Bed

Sword [bought]

Daily Fortune #17 again = Mario Brick

#30 again = Blue Clock [consolation prize]

Sun Cosmos and White Lily [bought and planted]

Sapling [bought; there's two bugs that can only be caught on tree stumps, so this one will be the only one I'll cut down]

Ghost Umbrella [bought]

Next Plans:

Go to Club LOL tonight

Try to catch a Snowball Beetle

Try one more time to make a perfect Snowboy

Try to catch Sweet Shrimp tonight

Try catching Tuna and Stringfish

Pay off the loan

Closing Thoughts:

I've decided that Saturday or Sunday will be Haircut Day. Now that I know how the questions work, I'll have a new hairstyle every week, but keep my pink hair.

Edit: Extra Things:

Letter + Fruit Tile Carpet [from Nintendo; looks like playing Puzzle League is good for something]

Tried to catch a Snowball Beetle, but it got away

Made an imperfect Snowboy, then reset and made a perfect one on the next try [Hooray! One more done, seven to go. I think I can manage it as long as I have a screenshot in front of me to get the measurements just right.] 

Balloon Present: Silver Slingshot [...again...]

Sold some more unwanted items

Paid off a bit of the Water Well fund

Delivered present from Colton to Roald, got Bamboo Shoot

Visited Club LOL, traded Bamboo Shoot for a Sunniness Joke

Paid off a fair bit of the loan

Later tonight I'll go searching for Sweet Shrimp, and post the results tomorrow. 

Sunday seems to be the day for your weekly things so far, so you could keep that trend going or give another day a chance.

So if you make sure to get a perfect Snowboy every day, you should be done two days before Valentine's Day.

Day 44: February 6, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So last night I searched for Sweet Shrimp for a half an hour, to no success, then checked the wiki and learned that Sweet Shrimp can only be caught if you dive right into their shadow. Are you kidding me?! 

Also, it looks like Alfonso will be moving on the 16th. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Durians

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [four old]

Gave a Durian to Roald, got a Green Gym T-Shirt that I didn't want

Delivered a present from Cookie to Alfonso

Got ore from the bell rock

Sold fossils, ore, and unwanted items

Bought the Gelato Umbrella back from ReTail [I gave that to Cookie as a welcoming present. Hmph.]

Worked at the cafe, got Good Coffee Beans and an Espresso Maker

Went to Club LOL, traded a Durian for a Glee Joke

Saved mail

Paid off a bit of the loan

Played Desert Island Escape [each time you play a round, you have to either have Amiibo cards/figurines, or have 6 Play Coins. EACH TIME. It's a tremendously fun game otherwise.]

Caught a Snowball Beetle 

Tried for an hour to make a perfect Snowboy

Visited Cookie's House

Visited Redd; bought painting

Donated Snowball Beetle

Items Received:

Letter + Snowman Wallpaper [from Snowboy]

Letter + Exit Sign [from Goldie; does she want me to leave or something?]

Alpine Low Table [bought]

Paper Wall Lamp [bought]

Daily Fortune #29: "Never count your Yoshis before they hatch. Plans often change." = Yoshi Egg

#48: "Those who slip are often just give a chance to appreciate the ground." = Donkey Kong Bananas

Red Cosmos, Yellow Violet [bought and planted]

Mario Shirt [bought again]

Makar Mask [bought again]

Chef's Hat [bought]

Regal Sofa [from Friga]

Next Plans:

Pay off the Water Well fund

Pay off the loan 

Keep trying to make a perfect Snowboy

Keep trying to catch Sweet Shrimp

Try to catch Tuna and Stringfish

Closing Thoughts:

I'm far too stubborn for my own good.

Edit:

I finally caught a Sweet Shrimp, just when I was least expecting it! Hooray! 

I'm glad you enjoy Desert Island Escape so much. It's just too bad it costs so many coins to play. If you were to play that game once every day, hypothetically, you would need to do a lot of walking around to generate enough coins. I love Nintendo, but they do some really annoying things sometimes.

Hmm... Eggs and Bananas... That would probably be a terrible food combination. And yet I like both things separately very much.

5 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Edit:

I finally caught a Sweet Shrimp, just when I was least expecting it! Hooray! 

Congratulations!

Day 45: February 7, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was a combination of a busy yet relaxed day.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up Pitfall, fossils [four old]

Got a moderate amount of bells from the bell rock

Got gold from the ore rock

Got two new badges from Phineas

Harvested Bananas, planted two [I think I've figured out why all of my other fruit trees kept dying--I kept planting them too close to the river or the cliff]

Donated painting

Sold fossils, Bananas, gold, and unwanted items

Worked at the cafe, got Normal Coffee Beans

Paid off a little bit more of the Water Well fund

Went to Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Laughter Joke

Saved mail

Paid off a bit of the loan and fund through some savings 

Redecorated a bit in the Daily Fortune room

Tried to make a perfect Snowboy, but somehow ended up making a Snowman and then a Snowlady instead 

Played more Desert Island Escape [I got such bad luck during today's round--I was only a few hundred points away from beating the target score because I mistook a bit of cloth for the sail, and lost out on a bunch of points by pointlessly avoiding it, and then suddenly finding the actual sail when I wasn't ready to leave. Oh, well.]

Tried to make a perfect Snowboy again, got so close, and then gave up

Played Hide and Seek with Friga, Roald, and Pate; got a Green Lamp

Gave the Green Lamp to Goldie, and got a Corinthian Post [...uh...what...]

Caught a Tuna! Hooray!

Traded a Carp for Goldie's Snake Plant

Paid off a bit more of the Water Well fund 

Donated the Tuna

Reorganized the food room

Items Received:

Letter + Painting [from Redd]

Letter [from Elmer]

Balloon Present: Balloon Vanity

Cabin Wallpaper [bought]

Daily Fortune #37 again = Triforce [between having three Triforces and the genie lamp, does that mean I get six wishes?]

#47: "Wise men say the brain is a terrible thing to waste." = Metroid [Wise people say that the heart is even more so.]

White Cosmos and Red Lily [bought and planted]

Balloon Present: Balloon Wallpaper

Balloon Present: Balloon Sofa

Balloon Present: Balloon Clock 

[I seem to be getting every other Balloon item except the last two I need...]

Next Plans:

Try to catch a Stringfish

Go to the Police Station tomorrow

Go to the K. K. Concert tomorrow night

Closing Thoughts:

So, in looking at the list of Snowboy Items, there's 15 Snowboy items, not 12 as I assumed. I've got five of them so far, and the only one I kind of want is the Snowman TV. The problem is, unlike the Snowlady and Snowtyke that give out specific items in a specific order, the Snowboy gives out his items at random, so it could be the fifteenth Snowboy that gives the TV, like that. So...yeah.

I'm hoping that if the Snowpeople do make a come back in the new Switch game, that they have different rules or at least something to make them less of a pain in the toe.

I have no idea what a Corinthian Post is, so I looked it up and... I still have no idea.

11 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Daily Fortune #37 again = Triforce [between having three Triforces and the genie lamp, does that mean I get six wishes?]

I would think so. Wish for something happy! 😁

12 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

#47: "Wise men say the brain is a terrible thing to waste." = Metroid [Wise people say that the heart is even more so.]

Luckily you have both in ample supply.

I think at this point  I would be tempted to give up entirely and throw out all my Snowboy items out of pure frustration.

11 hours ago, Omega the Shadow said:

I have no idea what a Corinthian Post is, so I looked it up and... I still have no idea.

It seems to be a type of pillar for holding up roofs, common in ancient times. You know the kind with the vertical lines, and then the flat bits at the top and bottom? That kind. 

Day 46: February 8, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was the Fishing Tourney for this month, which I didn't know about until Isabelle told me. I'll probably win, as I caught a fairly big Sea Bass. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [four old]

Harvested Lychees

Got gold from the ore rock

Got almost all the bells from the bell rock

Got a new badge from Phineas

Got a Claw Foot Bath for setting a new fishing record, and was not impressed

Sold fossils, fruit, and gold

Harvested two Coconuts, planted them, and harvested two Bananas, and planted one

Visited the Police Station: got a Yellow Lily [and planted it], Fall Plaid T-Shirt, which I already have, Ghost Umbrella, which I also already have, and a Tricky Pitfall Seed, which...I didn't know was a thing. Maybe it turns invisible when you plant it?

Got Football Fish Lamp for setting a new fishing record, and...I guess it's kind of cute? *shrug*

Visited the cafe, got coffee

Caught five bees

Sold bees, beehives, unwanted items, and fish

Paid off the last of the Water Well fund, after having to catch another fish and sell it because I was literally 1 bell short

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Disbelief Joke

Saved mail

Put things away

Played Desert Island Escape

Items Received:

Letter + Bunny T-Shirt [from Colton]

Balloon Present: Balloon Sofa

Stove [from a tree]

Balloon Present: Silver Slingshot [I'm more than ready for the Gold one, anytime now...]

Sleek Table [from a tree]

Piano Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #39: "Sometimes a seemingly bad instance can become a great opportunity." = S.S. Dolphin [I had no idea what it was until I saw it; it's from the Pikmin series]

#4 again = Blue Bench [consolation prize]

Purple Violet, White Violet [bought and planted] 

Next Plans:

Go to the K. K. Concert tonight

Go to the Hiardresser's tomorrow

Go to the Island tomorrow

Pick a new Public Works Project [probably the Campfire, as, again, it's the only one I want that's available at the moment]

Closing Thoughts:

I don't know yet whether I won the fish contest, but I will know once I play tonight.

I'm imagining the Tricky Pitfall Seed growing into a tree that grows Pitfalls like fruit.

Pretty much everything I know about the Pikmin series comes from Smash Bros..

Day 47: February 9, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was one of the busiest yet.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Durians

Sold Blue Bench to Goldie

Dug up Pitfall, fossils [four old]

Visited Elise the Monkey at the Campsite

Got almost all the bells from the bell rock

Delivered a present from Colton to Friga, got a Picnic Shirt in exchange

Traded the Picnic Shirt for Colton's Regal Sofa [not because I wanted it, just because I wanted to see how far the trading would go]

Returned Goldie's lost item, got a Number 2 Shirt in return [what's the point of having the Police Station, then?]

Cut down the tree [it's got a notch on one side of the stump, so hopefully that'll help me remember what it's for]

Got Elephant T-Shirt from Retail

Sold Durians, fossils, a ruby, and unwanted items

Gathered and sold Seashells and fish

Worked at the cafe, got Normal Coffee Beans

Went to the ceremony for the Water Well project [speaking of, I'm very disappointed that I can't throw bells in and get a random item. It just sits there, so what's the point of building it?]

Started Campfire Public Works Project [right next to the Campsite, of course!]

Went to Club LOL, traded a Durian for a Sighing Joke

Saved mail

Got a Haircut, but it was exactly the same as my original haircut, and I got annoyed

Reorganized things in the Daily Fortune Room

Paid off all the fund for the Campfire project

Went to the Island, got rare fruit, got a Y Hibiscus Start [what the heck kind of name for a plant is that?] with Minigame Medals, and caught a Stingray

Sold fruit, bugs, and fish

Caught another Tuna, and sold it

Planted Mangos, and the Apple and Pear I had in storage

Donated the Stingray

Paid off a lot of the loan

Played Desert Island Escape

Items Received:

Letter + Gold Fishing Trophy [from Chip]

Toaster [bought; it's not technically a food item, but I thought I might as well]

Daily Fortune #17 again = Mario Brick

#31: "Sometimes that which protects you must also fight for you as well." = Triple Red Shells

White Rose, Yellow Lily [bought and planted]

Reggae T-Shirt [bought]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Start the Lighthouse Public Works Project

Figure out a solution to my clothing problem [I'm officially out of space, unless I use the Secret Storage]

Closing Thoughts:

I was hoping to find some more rare ocean fish at the Island, but no luck. I did, however, check the wiki afterwards and learn that the only ocean fish I'm missing are the Coelacanth [which is one of the rarest fish, and can only be found during snow or rain, and is apparently pronounced 'See-low-canth'], the Blue Marlin, the Giant Trevally, and the Shark, the Hammerhead Shark, and the Whale Shark, the latter three of which are at least easy to spot, as they have fins. Maybe tonight I'll be able to catch some sharks.

Also, i caught a Petaltail Dragonfly during a Minigame, but it was the Dragonfly Catching Minigame, so I couldn't keep it. Hmph. 

Also also, the two snowballs for today somehow spawned right in front of my house, both of them. It's like the Snowboy ghosts were taunting me or something. 

Archived