Kura's Animal Crossing New Leaf Literal Let's Play

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

Day 21: January 14, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hi, everyone, and welcome!

So, the second floor of the museum has opened up, thanks to all the donations I did. The gift shop part is really small, but I think with more donations it'll grow bigger.

Looks like the Hair Salon will be opening soon, in the top part of the Able Sisters' shop. I likely won't be using it much at all, because I like the way my hair is now, but I might be open to experimenting once in a while. 

Tasks Accomplished: 

Pushed Hamphrey into three Pitfalls, because I needed to vent my frustration somehow, then fell in one while trying to push him around

Harvested Bananas

Dug up two new fossils, and two repeats

Met Celeste [she's just as sleepy in the daytime as Blathers!]

Sold Bananas, fossils, seashells, old carpets, and old wallpaper

Went to the ceremony for the museum upgrade

Customized the Hot Plate so that it has a pizza in it

Went to the Island, caught ten things because that was one of the MEOW Coupon objectives of the day [still no Wetsuit]

Paid off 1/4th of the loan

Items Received:

Hot Plate [from the Campground]

Letter [from Roald]

Letter + Green Emblem Blazer [from Pate]

Letter [from Pashmina]

Straw Hat [bought with Minigame Medals from the Island]

Mosaic Tile Carpet [bought]

Goldfish Paper [bought; it's got little goldfish on it!]

Megaphone [bought; this is the main tool that I probably won't be using at all, but I thought I might as well get it anyway]

Daily Fortune #3: "The land is in great peril and soon you will be the Hero of Kittycat." = Hero's Clothes [Link Clothes] [I'll say it's in great peril--from bees.]

Daily Fortune #26 again = Pipe

White Tulip [bought and planted]

Red Rose [bought and planted]

Cedar Sapling [bought and planted]

Colourful Sneakers [bought]

Next Plans:

Pay off the rest of the loan

Keep going to the Island until I can get the Wetsuit

Visit Club LOL and the Hair Salon 

Closing Thoughts:

While visiting Cherry's house today, she randomly went on a rant about how much she loves potatoes. It was so unexpected, it made me laugh.

That's all for today! See you next time!

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

I read ceremony as cemetery at first and got really confused for a moment.

And just like Ganondorf, the bees just keep coming back. 😛 

Random or not, I will concede Cherry's point that potatoes are quite great. Even the plain old regular russet potatoes, which I think might my second least favorite kind of potatoes next to sweet potatoes, are still very good and can be eaten in so many tasty ways. Then again, sweet potatoes aren't actually potatoes, are they? I much prefer potatoes with thinner skins, since I can eat them as they are and it hardly affects the flavor at all, as opposed to the others which have skins that are tougher and don't taste very good and are better off being peeled. Have you tried purple potatoes? They have such an interesting flavor, and they're very nutritious, too.

^I haven't tried purple potatoes; thanks for the recommendation. I like golden potatoes best.

Day 22: January 15, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Sorry I'm so late tonight. I was busy all day.

So, it turns out that Hamphrey will finally be moving away, on the 22nd. After he told me that, i went and pushed him into a Pitfall for good measure.

Tasks Accomplished:

Played Hide and Seek with Colton, Pate, and Roald [the time limit is 15 minutes, and I thought, ha, I'll find them all easily. But I didn't. They picked some really good hiding spots, behind houses and in the middle of tight groups of trees.]

Dug up two gyroids, three new fossils, one repeat, and a Pitfall

Visited Elmer's House

Harvested Coconuts and Cherries

Got lucky with the bell rock

Caught a Centipede 

Sold fossil, Coconuts, Cherries, an amethyst, and seashells [and the Pipe from yesterday]

Found Gulliver, and picked Germany as his destination, but he might have been going to Poland...

Went to the Island; still no Wetsuit; harvested Bananas and Mangos

Caught a Walking Stick

Paid off a bit of the loan

Items Received:

Ranch Dresser [from Colton; I think I gave him that awhile back. Oh, well.]

Silver Rod [bought at the museum shop]

Silver Shovel [bought at the museum shop]

GOT THE OVAL COOKIE DOOR FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY HOORAY HOORAY HOORAY

Exotic Lamp [bought]

Pear Wardrobe [bought]

Notebook Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #27: "He who leaps over fire does so knowing the fire isn't impressed." = Mario Rotating Fire Bar

#26 AGAIN = Pipe

Red Cosmos [bought and planted]

Red Rose [bought and planted]

Sapling [bought and planted]

Red Hibiscus Start [bought with Minigame Medals]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday, plus make a chart of my furniture and clothes in storage, to help with making tough decisions

Closing Thoughts:

It's almost like Tom Nook had some nefarious plan, to do a fake out with the wrong door, but then had a change of heart. I can't stay mad at him; he's so cute in his big puffy sweater. 

4 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

^I haven't tried purple potatoes; thanks for the recommendation. I like golden potatoes best.

I'm glad you got something out of my silly post. 😄

Good. Hamphrey is finally taking the hint and leaving. I hope he gets along better with everyone in the next town, but I'm not counting on it.

YAY! You've been wanting that cookie door since pretty much the start of your playthrough. I'm glad Tom Nook finally decided to stop teasing you... at least for now.

Day 23: January 16, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So today I made a list of all the clothing items I have, to try to figure out which ones I really want. I think I'll sleep on it for now.

Tasks Accomplished:

Visited Camper Rowan, and decided not to invite him

Pushed Hamphrey into two Pitfalls

Dug up one new fossil and three old ones, and one gyroid

Harvested Durians [I wasn't expecting them to survive, so that's great]

Got super lucky with the bell rock [got some sapphires, a ruby, silver, and three gold]

Sold the Durians, ores, seashells, fossils, a fish, and a bunch of stuff I didn't need

Gave my Modern Wood Bed to Friga

Did a LOT of gardening; distributed all the flowers around town in bunches, and kept one of each kind as a new garden next to my house

Went to the Island; still no Wetsuit, so I caught some random bugs and played some Minigames

Items Received:

Letter + Nutcracker [from Gulliver; so I was right all along!]

Letter + Birdhouse [from Elmer; not the most helpful present...]

Sea Globe [from the Campground]

Green Desk [from Friga]

Candy Fence [bought; I know I said I wasn't going to get it, but it was there, so I thought, I might as well]

Night Sky Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #36: "It always rains on your birthday, yet no one ever gives you an umbrella." = Nothing

Mama Panda Teddy Bear [Consolation Prize; to be honest, it's kind of creepy looking, so I got rid of it fast]

Daily Fortune # 16 again = Nothing

Pop Up Book [Consolation Prize; later I tried to put it on the Greek Desk, but it won't fit, so I had to put it on the floor instead]

Flame Umbrella [bought]

Swell Shirt [bought; so much for getting rid of excess clothes...]

Ninja Sandals [bought]

Balloon Present: Balloon Dog Lamp [not again!]

Pirates's Hat [bought with MInigame Medals]

Next Plans: 

Go to the Island to get a Wetsuit; also, go early in the morning to get a few bugs left to catch, and then do a lot of fishing there later

Visit Club LOL and the Hair Salon 

Decide on clothes

Closing Thoughts:

All in all, a pretty relaxed day.

Day 24: January 17, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So I got up early today [well, early for me] at 7:30 to try catching rare bugs on the Island, but I didn't find any of the four left to find. 

I did get the Wetsuit, some Lychees, another Golden Stag Beetle, and a lot of bells from all the other bugs and fruit I got, almost enough to pay off the rest of the loan!

Tasks Accomplished:

Got rid of lots of clothes

Visited Pate's House

Dug up one new fossil, and three old ones

Harvested Bananas

Returned Colton's lost glove [he's a horse! Why would he need gloves???]

Caught new sea creatures at the town beach

Met Pascal, and gave him the Scallop I found [He really surprised me, popping up out of nowhere in the middle of the ocean.]

Traded Seaweed to Pate [beats me why she'd want that]

Paid off almost all of the loan

Got rid of even more clothes [almost three storage pages' worth!] and a couple furniture items I didn't need

Caught a bee

Sold Bananas, fossils, seashells, the beehive, and the bee

Played Hide and Seek with Pate, Friga, and Pashmina

Went to the Hair Salon, and was irritated that Harriet made my hair look like an old lady's hair, so I reset and got gently scolded by Isabelle [I had saved before going in, so I didn't lose any progress]

Paid off the last of the loan

Ordered a basement [here we go again]

Items Received:

Letter + Lovely Chair [from Goldie]

Toad T-Shirt [from Colton]

Ship's Compass [from Pascal]

Rainbow T-Shirt [from Pate; that's so good!]

Daily Fortune #42 again = Varia Suit Pants

Daily Fortune #23: "Power is often fleeting." = Mario Super Star [how true]

Yellow Pansy [bought and planted]

Yellow Lily [bought and planted]

[I think we've got more than enough trees now]

Overall Dress [bought]

Earthy Knit Shirt [bought]

Potted Ivy [from Pate; it's...okay, I guess. I'm not a big fan of ivy in general]

Exercise Bike [from Cherry; it's like she's tell me to exercise more]

Next Plans: 

Put all the Snowpeople Items in the new basement

Start paying off the next loan

Visit Club LOL [open up already!]

Closing Thoughts:

So, yeah, today was a very busy day. 

After playing Hide and Seek, I talked to Friga, and she went on a ramble about sad memories and how it's important to stay in the present. Who knew she was such a philosopher? 

Five more days until Hamphrey moves. I really hope the next villager to move in is at least nicer.

Good job finally getting the Wetsuit... as well as another Golden Stag Beetle!

*Imagines Colton putting on a pair of gloves, and the fingers flopping around uselessly around his hooves* Or maybe... Colton puts on the gloves and inexplicably has full control of all the fingers, as if there's a full hand inside.

So... You don't get to directly choose your hairstyle, it sounds like. That seems like it would be annoying.

You can never have too many flowers, though. 😉

One could interpret receiving exercise equipment as a gift as being quite rude.

Day 25: January 18, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hello, everyone, and welcome!

So, last night I remembered really late that I hadn't bought the painting from Redd, so I turned the game on, only to find that I was 200 bells short. So I did what any Villager would do--I ran around randomly shaking trees, and caught a bee in the process. I also found an Astro Lamp, and got a Balloon Present: a Balloon Hat!

I sold the bee and beehive [ReTail doesn't close until 11:00, thankfully], and ended up with way more bells than I needed. But I bought the painting, and it turned out to be genuine. Yay. 

So today was the Fishing Tourney. I didn't intend to join in, but I ended up fishing all day anyway. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up two new fossils and two old ones, and a Pitfall

Harvested Cherries

Visited Goldie's House

Pushed Hamphrey into the Pitfall

Got lucky with the bell rock

Donated fossils and the painting

Decorated the basement with Snowpeople Items, but ran out of space >.<

Sold the fossils, some leftover carpet and wallpaper, Cherries, Coconuts, bee, beehive, amethyst, seashells, and fish

Made a Snowlady

Got rid of a couple shirts I didn't want anymore

Paid off some of the new loan

Caught a clam, and a bunch of old sea creatures, which I sold

Got lucky with the bell trees

Caught the other four bees

Did a ridiculous amount of fishing, and sold the fish

Caught two new fish, and donated them

Paid off more of the loan

Put all the Snowpeople Items in storage

Items Received:

Painting [from Redd]

Letter + Robo Dresser [from Pate; why did she think I would like that?]

Lotus Paper [bought]

Timer [bought; like the Megahorn, I don't think I'll have a use for it, but I bought it anyway]

Daily Fortune #56: "For a model of unconditional love, look to a dog." = Labrador Nintendogs Ornament [hey, what about cats?]

#4: "Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look any better." = nothing

Incense Burner [Consolation Prize; I've got that in various ways at least three times by now! I don't need it or want it!]

Red Tulip [bought and planted]

White Rose [bought and planted]

Display Mannequin [from Sabel; that was...kind of out of the blue. I don't know how much I'll use that, either, to be honest]

Nebula T-Shirt [bought] 

Handcart [from a tree; it looks more like a fancy wheelbarrow to me]

Balloon Present: Balloon Sofa 

Ice Table [from the Snowlady]

Ice Chair [from the Snowlady; I didn't know it was possible to get multiple items a day from her! How about that.]

Ice Side Table [from the Snowlady]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tomorrow; one daytime trip early if I can manage it --read: get up early enough-- and a nighttime trip, to get RICH again!

Pay off the new loan

Visit Club LOL [I checked the Wiki, and it should be opening up within the next day or two]

Closing thoughts:

I looked at the list of Snowpeople Items on the Wiki, too, and the only one I really want is the Snow Bunny, which can only be gained from a Snowtyke if one of the other three Snowpeople is lopsided, but the remaining two are perfectly made. Seriously? *sigh*

To think... In just four more days, you won't have anyone to push into Pitfalls anymore.

1 hour ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

I looked at the list of Snowpeople Items on the Wiki, too, and the only one I really want is the Snow Bunny, which can only be gained from a Snowtyke if one of the other three Snowpeople is lopsided, but the remaining two are perfectly made. Seriously? *sigh*

That's up there with some of the most arbitrary conditions that you need to meet in video games.

Day 26: January 19, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Club LOL finally opened today, and it looks like Dr. Shrunk will be telling jokes [in exchange for food] in the afternoons every day, and K. K. Slider will be playing at 8:00 pm every so often. 

Also, looks like there's a Meteor Shower tonight. Rather synchronous, since I'll be playing later on, too. Hopefully I can time it right and get a rare item. 

Tasks Accomplished: 

Dug up a Pitfall, and four old fossils

Got ore from the bell rock

Harvested Durians

Caught Snowflakes [I seem to have a compulsion to catch them...]

Made a Snowman, but made his body really big and his head tiny, so that he wouldn't give me a Bingo card

Sold fossils, ore, and Durians

Planted the Pitfall next to Hamphrey's House

Paid off a lot of the loan

Visited Colton's House

Went to the Island; played the Easy Gardening Minigame, which is definitely the most fun, because there's both fruit to get and bugs to catch; caught new bugs; tried out the Easy Toy Hammer Minigame, in which I got 77 points; got lots of fruit and old bugs, and sold them when I got back

Paid off a lot more of the loan

Redecorated the Snowpeople Item Room with Snowlady Items

Items Received:

Letter + Silver Fish Trophy [from Chip, leader of the Fishing Tourney]

Astro Dresser [from a tree]

Ice Lamp [from the Snowlady]

Balloon Present: Balloon Wallpaper

Cello [from a tree; I already have one, so I sold it]

Hieroglyph Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #49 again - Hero Boots

#37: "He who believes he has a pure heart is probably just a beast in denial." = Triforce

Sun Cosmos [bought and planted]

Yellow Violet [bought and planted]

Ranch Chair [from Elmer; I didn't really want another one...he looked so happy giving it to me]

Ice Shelf [from the Snowlady]

Next Plans:

Attend the Meteor Shower tonight

Go back to the Island tonight and get lots of bugs

Pay off the loan

Build a lopsided Snowboy tomorrow, then a perfect Snowtyke [which I just noticed I've been mistakenly calling Snowbabies all along] the day after

Closing Thoughts:

Wishy, the star that gives rare items during Meteor Showers, is a bit of an interesting character. No one's ever seen them, and they don't have an actual character model, just a letter that you get the day after. What do you think they look like? I keep picturing a Jirachi-esque creature. 

I imagine the Snowman is probably not happy about being given a tiny head. But then again, I also imagine you would certainly not be happy about being stuck with another Bingo card again.

I'm picturing Wishy as a pale, small, and childlike mystical being with a human-like appearance and semi-long gravity defying hair of shimmering gold.

Day 27: January 20, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So last night I went to the Island, twice, because it's really, really, really difficult to catch sound-sensitive rare bugs when I'm watching Time Team upstairs with my mum at the same time, and Boo is meowing and pestering me for supper. I managed to catch a Rainbow Stag Beetle, several of them, actually, which is the second rarest bug. I was able to pay off the rest of the loan, and managed to wish on a shooting star! Yay!

Today was a really busy day. I did a bit of just about everything--except fishing. I got a chance to check out Club LoL, and start the fund for the Cafe, which you'll read about down below. 

It turns out there's only two Snowlady items that i don't have, and there's one day to go before she melts, so I'll have to put that on my to-do list. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Noticed that the Pitfall near Hamphrey's House hadn't been triggered, so I dug it up and reburied it next to him, then pushed him into it

Dug up fossils: two new, and two old

Made a lopsided Snowboy 

Caught Snowflakes

Harvested Bananas

Found Gulliver; sent him to South Korea [his raving about K-Pop was a big clue]

Got super lucky with the bell rock; got all the bells

Delivered present from Friga to Colton

Watered every single flower in town, including my garden [that only took a half an hour >.< hopefully there'll be some new flowers by tomorrow]

Donated fossils

Set up the Cafe space next to ReTail, and paid about 1/3rd of the fund

Sold fossils, Bananas, and a ruby

Visited Club LOL; gave a Banana to Dr. Shrunk in exchange for a joke about a ghost who kept booing him; got the Joke Book [the best part is, it's a touchscreen button, not an inventory item]

Ordered Secret Storeroom from Tom Nook [this loan isn't as pricey as the others, so that's something; I might use it for the Daily Fortune Items and clothes]

Redecorated [put the Snow Globe on the Ice Dresser, put the Hot Plate on the Tea Stool, put the Balloon TV in front of the Red Armchair, even though that means I can't access either of them, put the Popup Book where the Snow Globe used to be, and rearranged the Snowpeople Item room again]

Sold seashells

Bought the Classic Sofa, Office Locker, Doghouse, Pendulum Clock, and Exercise Balloon Thing [I don't know what it's actually called] at ReTail because i was sick of seeing them there every day, then sold them back to Reese, along with the Balloon Bed I put up for sale there that no one bought

Items Received: 

Letter + Tower of Piza [from Wishy; I sure wasn't expecting that; I put it in the Knickknack room in front of the Cat Tree Tower, because that's the only place it'll fit]

Letter + Dice Stereo [from Colton; Wow! What an awesome gift! It's for playing songs from K. K. Slider. I put it in front of the Lucky Cats, also because that's the only place it'll fit]

Balloon Present: Balloon TV [it was a lot smaller than i thought it'd be; it's the same size as my Juicy Apple TV]

Ice Sofa [from the Snowlady]

Tea Stool [bought at ReTail]

Floral Paper [bought; how many different kinds of paper are there??? I've already filled up two storage pages]

Daily Fortune #9: "If you leave my mask out there, something terrible will happen!" = Majora's Mask

#33: "Value the friends you have, for one day you may need them." = Pikmin Mini Garden

Red Pansy [bought and planted]

Magic 8 T-Shirt [bought]

Ice Bed [from the Snowlady]

Next Plans:

Pay off the new loan

Pay for the cafe

Get the last two items from the Snowlady tomorrow

Make a perfect Snowtyke and get the Snowbunny tomorrow

Closing Thoughts:

Since Hamphrey's House is so close to Goldie's, I hope for her sake that someone nice will move in.

By the way, I was looking at a list of all the Public Works Projects, to see which ones I'd like best. There's a limit of 30 [the Reset Centre doesn't count for some reason], so, as usual, I made a list:

Bridge 2 [complete]

Bridge 3 [complete]

Campsite [complete]

Museum Second Floor [complete]

Club LOL [complete]

Cafe [complete, almost]

Dream Suite

Fortune Teller

Police Station

Hammock

Zen Bell

Picnic Blanket

Flower Clock

Drinking Fountain

Fence

Statue Fountain

Street Lamp

Water Well

Hot Spring

Balloon Arc/Flower Arc

Custom Design Sign

Log Bench 

Campfire

Flower Bed

Jungle Gym

Zen Garden

Pyramid

Sphinx

Stonehenge 

Totem Pole

Most of these aren't available yet, but that's okay. 

Once the Cafe's set up, I'll start on some of the others that can be built now. 

Who knew watering flowers could become such a significant task?

Wow! How nice of Colton. It's like he knew you would be needing it.

I think I'd feel not too pleased about being given a mask that can control the body of one who wears it...

Pages of paper!

It looks like you have quite a lot of projects planned for later. I look forward to seeing them... even if it's just through my imagination. 

I checked the wiki, and it turns out there's 60 kinds of paper, plus five rare ones. So that would be...six storage pages plus extra, meaning that the entire A section of storage [A is for misc. stuff, B is for clothes, and C is for items] would be full, and I wouldn't have space for my tools, gyroids, umbrellas, carpets, wallpaper, fruit, and ore. Great. 

Time to pick a few that I really like, and make lots of letters with the rest. 

Day 28: January 21, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today ended up being busier than I thought it would be. 

So, the Secret Storeroom turns out to be four extra storage slots, with nine pages each, accessible on the touchscreen while at the house! That's great...except I don't know what to put in it.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up fossils [one new, and three old]

Harvested Cherries, Lychees, and Coconuts

Roald visited my house

Planted Lychees

Visited Redd

Caught Snowflakes

Found a Perfect Cherry, and planted it

Delivered present from Goldie to Cherry

Fell into a Pitfall

Planted Coconuts

Ordered Potato Gratin + Stewpot from Franklin at the Campground

Traded Genie Shirt to Cherry for Metal Guitar, but didn't end up keeping it [it clashed too much with my classical instruments]

Made letters for everyone, except Hamphrey

Made a perfect Snowtyke after something like four tries

Sold Seashells

Caught two new sea creatures, and donated them

Made a Gyroid museum exhibit, and put the remaining paper into storage A

Sold sea creatures and fish

Got stung by bees

Gave Dr. Shrunk an Apple, and got an Inspirational Joke in return

Met Lottie, and she explained about taking decorating to new heights [now I can freely rearrange furniture using the stylus] 

Talked to Hamphrey, and he suggested a Rack of Rice for a Public Works Project [...that's certainly an unusual parting gift...]

Remembered to look up the guide to determining fake paintings/statues, and bought the right one

Items Received:

Letter + Samgyetang [from Gulliver; apparently it's a type of Korean soup]

Silver Slingshot [from a Balloon Present]

Ice Clock [from the Snowlady]

Ice Vanity [from the Snowlady]

Ship Cannon [from Pascal in exchange for a Scallop]

Nook Paper [bought; I thought it would have little pictures of Tom and Tommy and Timmy, but there's just two brown leaves on it]

Daily Fortune #20: "Sometimes a flower is just a flower, unless it causes fires." = Fire Flower 

#32: "You should consider a career as a professional kart racer." = Mario Kart kart [what kind of fortune is that? It could have at least said "beware of Blue Shells and broken friendships." or something]

White Cosmos [bought and planted] 

School Desk [from a tree]

Next Plans:

Pay off the cafe fund

Pay off the loan

Closing Thoughts:

I've had more than enough of Snowpeople now. 

Also, I got an Orange Tulip and a Blue Violet, after all that gardening yesterday, but that's about it. *sigh*

Moving furniture with the stylus sounds like it might be a useful feature, though, I don't know how useful without playing the game myself.

Samgyetang. I really can't tell how that's supposed to be pronounced. Also, I kind of regret looking it up now. It looks absolutely horrible to me.

I like your version of Daily Fortune #32 a lot better. The actual version is not very clever.

I can certainly understand why you would feel that way about the Snowpeople after all the trouble you've gone through with them.

So I checked the wiki, and there's only a few sea creatures left to get. The Abalone's probably easy. As for the others, I might be able to catch a Sweet Shrimp soonish, but the other three...I'll have to wait many months...

Well, that's really frustrating.

Abalone = 4 pm to 9 am, all months

Flatworm = 4 pm to 9 am, June to September

Spiny Lobster = 4 pm to 9 am, September 16 to December

Sweet Shrimp = 4 pm to 9 am, September 16 to February

Horseshoe Crab = 4 pm to 9 am, July to September

Day 29: January 22, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Well...things really didn't turn out how I expected, as you'll see. I did everything out of order, because I played so early. 

Random side note: it turns out that Campground items that can be customized have a red leaf icon instead of the usual green. Neat.

Also, it turns out that Coconuts and Bananas are the only fruit that can be planted on the beach. I wish I had known that weeks ago.

Tasks Accomplished:

Went to the Island at 7:00; caught Hercules Beetle and Scarab Beetle, and lots of other rare bugs; bought two Red Hibiscus with leftover Minigame Medals [once I catch the Giant Beetle, I'll go back to regular Sunday visits.]

Noticed that the T and T Mart will be renovating tomorrow

Got three badges from Phineas

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [one new, and three old; the new one was an Iguanadon skull, and I'm only mentioning it because Iguanadon happens to be my favourite dinosaur]

Harvested Bananas

Only got six bell collections from the bell rock, instead of the usual eight or nine

Planted Mangos

Colton visited my house, for all of ten seconds [I guess he was as busy as me?]

Planted Durians

Ordered a Berliner from Pave at the Campground [I was puzzling over that for weeks, but it turns out to be some kind of German jam-filled pastry]

Made a lopsided Snowboy

Visited Goldie's house

Donated the new painting

Waited impatiently for ReTail to open

Sold a ruby, Bananas, fossils, and bugs 

Customized the Stewpot into a Curry Pot

Cafe fund complete!

Caught a Bagworm and some bees, and sold them

Delivered a present from Pate to Goldie

Saved mail, and made a letter for Hamphrey, with a Pitfall as a goodbye present

Paid off the loan!

Cut down a tree that would be right in front of the cafe door [so much for being a master Public Works Project Planner...]

Ordered a left side room, then saw that the Cookie Exterior Design was in the shop, rushed to the Island to get emergency funds, caught eleven bugs, rushed to Retail, got 6,000 more bells than I needed, rushed back to the shop...

...but I couldn't buy it, because of the renovations for the side room.

The worst part is, it could take an actual month for the designs to cycle back to it, because there's 30 in total, and only one a day. Why, oh why is Tom Nook's shop the only one besides Kicks' shop to be un-upgradable? That's what he should be doing with all his bells. 

Lesson learned: check the designs first. *sigh*

Mailed Hamphrey's letter, then went to visit him. His parting words? "Promise me you'll be a bit sad when I leave. Otherwise, why would I leave? Hahaha!" 🙄

Items Received:

Daily Fortune #12: "In both life and love, there is always another castle." = Toad Hat

#24: "You only live once, unless you have another guy." = 1 Up Mushroom [a fungi fun-guy? 😛]

Letter + Painting [from Redd]

Letter + Igloo [from Snowtyke; okay...that really frustrated me, but I've got a plan, as you'll see in the next section]

Letter + Stained Glass [from Roald; wow! what a lovely gift!]

Letter + Watermelon Table [from Friga; ...I already have one...]

Potato Gratin + Stewpot [from the Campground]

Reply Letters from Goldie, Roald, Pate, Friga, Cherry, Elmer, Colton, and Pashmina [I sure didn't expect them to reply right away!]

Basketball Container [from a tree; which I sold because I needed the bells]

Blue Cabinet [from a tree; ditto]

Balloon Present: Balloon Dresser [ditto]

Grey Tartan Shirt [from Goldie]

White Lily [bought and planted]

Top Hat [bought]

Princess Dress [bought; it's so pretty, it's light blue and got sparkly lace on it]

Next Plans:

Redecorate 

Visit the cafe

Decide on the next Public Works Project

Go to the Island early and catch a Giant Beetle [which are apparently on the fruit trees, not the palm trees like I assumed; oh, well]

Catch an Abalone and maybe a Sweet Shrimp if I can manage it

Have Cyrus customize my Watermelon Table to be of the seedless variety

Visit the new T and T store on Friday

Make a super lopsided Snowlady, super lopsided Snowman, super lopsided Snowboy, and a perfect Snowtyke tomorrow, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, respectively, to get the Sleigh [save first]

Then make a super lopsided Snowlady, super lopsided Snowman, perfect Snowboy, and a perfect Snowtyke on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, to get the Snowbunny [save first]

Alternately, wait four days for all the other Snowpeople to melt before starting over, just in case I mess up

Then during February, only make perfect Snowboys to get the other Snowboy items, but only if I feel like it when the time comes

Closing Thoughts:

So, yeah, not only did I have enough for the last of the cafe fund, I paid off the new loan in one go! Overpriced bugs are overpriced. 

I'm probably being way too stubborn about the Snowpepople. 😅 Oh, well.

I checked a very informative guide on how to get Snowtyke's items [it turns out there's three different ways the Snowpeople can be built--perfect, lopsided, and super lopsided, which I had no idea about. The game doesn't explain any of it.]

I'm sure the developers were thinking it'd be a fun winter game, making Snowpeople, but it just turned out to be a huge mess.

Hmm... I'd like to try a Berliner, then.

22 hours ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Saved mail, and made a letter for Hamphrey, with a Pitfall as a goodbye present

That made me laugh!

🙄 Yeah, whatever, Hamphrey.

For some reason... I'm really craving mushrooms after reading those fortunes. 😉

It sounds as though you've still got some Snowpeople troubles ahead of you.

Day 30: January 23, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was kind of a chopped up day. I got up early and went to the Island, and did a bunch of other things, and then later this afternoon did the stuff I wasn't able to do earlier, because the shops weren't open yet.

Tasks Accomplished:

Went to the Island, caught two Giant Beetles, other rare bugs [three Golden Stag Beetles!], and two new fish

Donated the fish and one of the Giant Beetles

Dug up a Pitfall, and four old fossils

Ordered Santa Coat from Jingle at the Campground

Redecorated [I've decided that the new left room will be the Daily Fortune items room; I've put most of them in, plus the mannequin with Samus' outfit on it, and there's barely anything left in my C storage space besides five things that won't fit and the leftover Snowpeople items] 

Harvested Bananas

Did some fishing, caught a new fish

Went to the ceremony for the Cafe [only Roald showed up, because it was so early]

Sold fossils, Bananas, fish, unneeded clothes, seashells, and bugs

Customized the Watermelon Table to be seedless

Got lots of bells from the bell rock and bell tree

Caught five bees

Sold the bees, beehives, and a gold nugget from an ore rock

Redecorated again [the Watermelon Table won't fit; I've only got a tiny bit of space to walk to the dresser, and that's it]

Visited Pate's House

Made a super lopsided Snowman [he was very unhappy about it]

Visited the cafe, got coffee from Brewster [I've added that to the daily routine]

Picked the Street Lamp as the next Public Works Project [I put it near the bridge south of my house; next to all the trees, it looks like the Narnia street lamp]

Paid off most of the loan

Watered the Durian and Mango saplings, along with some White and Red Roses [I'm trying to get more pink ones] 

Went diving, caught old sea creatures, and sold them

Items Received:

Farewell Letter [from Hamphrey]

Reply Letter [from Pate]

Balloon Present: Balloon Sofa

Stroller [from a tree; sold it]

Deer Scare [from a tree...it looked like a makeshift catapult to me; also sold]

Alpine Low Table [from Pate]

White Violet [bought and planted]

Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Zebra Umbrella [bought]

Poncho [bought; my character is so small, it looks like an oversized dress on her]

Ship Deck Carpet [from Pascal in exchange for a Scallop; his random saying of the day today was 'chowder is just chunky soup'. I agree.]

Next Plans:

Keep trying to catch an Abalone and Sweet Shrimp

Remember to save a piece of fruit for Club LOL each day [I forgot today]

Make a super lopsided Snowlady tomorrow

Closing Thoughts:

Wow, has it been a whole month already?

I haven't seen any new house spaces reserved yet, but it's still early.

I'm definitely not a fan of coffee. I think it would be cool if it was some kind of Tea House instead. But at least it's not a worse kind of "brew".

My first thought was 'why would anyone want to scare deer?', but I imagine they're probably used to keep crops safe, like scarecrows.

Day 31: January 24, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Aside from the new Super T and T Mart opening up, today was a pretty quiet day.

Tasks Completed:

Gave a Cherry to Colton, even though he was standing right next to a tree with Cherries on it

Redecorated

Dug up a Pitfall, 3 Gyroids, and fossils [one new and three old]

Ordered an Omelette from Zippers at the Campground

Went to the ceremony for the Street Lamp [having half the town gathered around it really did remind me of Narnia]

Chose the Classic Police Station as the next Public Works Project [I'm putting it south of the cafe]

Harvested Cherries, Lychees, and Coconuts

Made a super lopsided Snowlady [wow, she was so upset, I felt kind of awkward]

Got a new badge from Phineas [I feel like I'm back in Brownies, whenever he shows up]

Donated fossils, added Gyroids to the Gyroid Exhibit 

Planted Coconuts and Lychees [the mystery of why all the other fruit kept dying has been solved--I continually forgot to water them. Whoops.]

Sold Cherries and fossils

Bought Pate's Pawn at ReTail [wow, right back from the very beginning of the Let's Play; I might put it in the museum tomorrow]

Went to Club LOL, traded a Cherry for a Shyness Joke [it went way past the event horizon of humour and ended up kind of...sad...and relatable...]

Saved mail

Caught and sold old sea creatures

Traded sea anemone for Pate's Black Letter Jacket, but didn't end up keeping it

Made a new museum exhibit for old tools and knicknacks [like my spare bit of Medicine and a Pitfall]

Paid off a bit more of the loan

Items Received:

Letter + Berliner [from the Campground]

Letter + Santa Coat [from the Campground]

Letter + Men's Toilet [from Pate;................................................................................why is that even an item? Here I thought getting attacked by Men's Room Signs in Earthbound was weird]

Letter [from Colton]

Letter + Space Heater [from mom;....yay?]

Letter + HHA Jacket [from HHA; I finally got 30,000 points!]

Fall Plaid T-Shirt [from Colton; it's got super neat colours]

Cheese Carpet [bought; I'm going to put it in my future room for food items]

Daily Fortune #8: "A green hat may be just the thing to inspire you towards adventure." = Hero's Cap [Link's Hat]

#6: "He who stubs his toe is he who remembers his feet are there." = nothing

Flamingo Lawn Ornament [consolation prize; not again! I got that already]

White Pansy [bought and planted]

White Lily [bought and planted]

Silver Watering Can [from Leif]

Aqua Polka Dot T-Shirt [bought]

Sea View Wallpaper [from Pascal in exchange for a Scallop]

Balloon Present: Balloon Closet [my house is so full of stuff now, I can't fit anything else into the any of the rooms]

Next Plans:

Make a super lopsided Snowboy tomorrow

Pay off the Police Station fund [which might not end up happening until Sunday, but that's okay]

Go to K.K. Slider's concert tomorrow at 8:00 pm 

Closing Thoughts:

Tomorrow's going to be busy for me, so I'll try to play a little earlier than usual, and get the next entry done before supper.

1 hour ago, KuraTheChibiCrystalKitty said:

Letter + Men's Toilet [from Pate;................................................................................why is that even an item? does she think I'm trans or something?]

............... not only do I not get why this exists as an item in this game, but I also don't get why this exists at all. It's a toilet that only has half the functionality of a regular one, and can only be used by half of the total population, at best.

Fall colors is one of my favorite aesthetics, even though yellow and orange are usually among my least favorite colours.

When I read "A green hat", I was first thinking of Luigi.

I personally would've worded Fortune #6 differently, but that's just me.

Day 32: January 25, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was a bit of...let's say, an interesting day, as you'll see below.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [one new, three old]

Got an okay amount from the bell rock

Noticed that there's a house reserved for someone called Alfonso. Not only that, it's right in front of the first bridge >.<

Harvested and planted Durians

Returned Pashmina's lost...donuts, got a Peach in return!

Planted the Peach near my house

Made a super lopsided Snowboy

Watered the fruit trees

Friga visited my house

Donated fossils

Visited Katrina; lucky item of today was...a skirt...which I was wearing already...

Visited the cafe

Went to Club LOL, traded a Cherry for a a Happiness Joke that was so bad it was kind of painful

Tried out a bit of Animal Crossing Puzzle League, the minigame for the New 3DS [that could get confusing quickly]

Wrote and sent letters to Goldie and Cherry

Played Puzzle League for way too long [several hours, in fact...]

Items Received: 

Omelette [from the Campground]

Black Denim Jacket [from Roald; he just gave it to me out of the blue...]

Underwater Carpet [bought at the museum]

Birthday Cards [bought]

Daily Fortune #57: "Work long and hard, and good things will come to you. Eventually." = New Nintendo 3DS 

#57...again....seriously, what are the odds of getting that twice in a row on the same day?! I'm not sure what to do with my extra one. 

Yellow Violet [bought and planted]

White Pansy [bought and planted]

Dark Polka Dot Skirt [bought]

Red Polka Dot Skirt [bought]

Wizard Hat [bought; for some reason it's green with stars, instead of blue with stars]

Next Plans:

K.K. Slider concert tonight

Make a perfect Snowtyke tomorrow [that'll be the tricky part; building the other Snowpeople was fairly easy]

Pay off the Police Station fund

Closing Thoughts:

Well, that was certainly an unexpected turn of events. Speaking of minigames, the one for the Wii U is Desert Island Escape, and while watching a video from Chuggaaconroy's Let's Play, it turns out that playing it costs 6 Play Coins, each time, if you don't have Amiibo cards.

What.

That's just big yogurt. Nintendo, you're making it really hard to like you right now. 

Aside from that, it was an okay day.

*looks up Puzzle League gameplay* That looks like an SNES game my mom and I used to like.

The Desert Island Escape minigame looks interesting, but six Play Coins each time (without Amiibo cards)? Seriously? I think they could have at least made it three instead.

Day 33: January 26, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So...for some reason Nintendo decided to make Puzzle League so hard, even on 'Easy' mode, that it's nigh unbeatable without using Amiibos [specifically, Mabel, as she has the most helpful support effect]. That's just...I don't even know what to say, other than...

WHY?!

Ahem. Moving on, Alfonso moved in today, and he turns out to be an alligator who talks like Mario. He seems fun. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up a Pitfall, and fossils [four old ones]

Got a new badge from Phineas

Harvested Bananas, planted two on the beach

Watered fruit tree saplings and flowers [all of them, and it didn't take me a half an hour! Hooray for the silver watering can!]

Delivered present from Cherry to Pashmina, got a Stylish Suit in return [it wasn't my type of shirt, that's for sure]

Got bells from the bell trees

Caught four bees, but got stung by the fifth [the hive bounced and landed right at my feet, so I couldn't swing the net in time]

Made a perfect Snowtyke after a couple tries! Yay! 

Went to the cafe to celebrate

Visited Club LOL, traded a Banana for a Curiosity Joke

Saved mail

Paid off the rest of the loan!

Saw that the Cookie Roof was available, but didn't have enough bells on me at the time

Sold seashells

Went to the Island, got loads of fruit from the minigames, and caught a few bugs

Sold the fruit and bugs

Paid off a fair chunk of the Police Station fund

Bought the Cookie Door

Redecorated a bit

Met Alfonso

Items Received:

Letter + Boxing Barricade [from Friga; why, exactly, she thought that would be useful is beyond me]

Reply Letter [from Goldie]

Reply Letter [from Cherry]

Medicine Chest [from a tree]

Exotic Bed [from a tree; what makes it exotic, I wonder?]

Silver Net [bought at the museum]

Playroom Rug [bought]

Daily Fortune #15: "Some people shy away from bombs. You are not one of those people." = Yellow Pikmin Hat [what the heck?]

#33 again = Pikmin Miniature Garden

Red Lily [bought and planted]

Ornate Rug [bought]

Modern Wood Shelf [bought]

Lava Lamp [bought from the kiosk]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island again tonight

Pay off the rest of the Police Station fund

Make a super lopsided Snowman tomorrow

Closing Thoughts:

I didn't buy anything from the Able Sisters or Kicks today. That might be the first time that's happened. 

There's loads of brown spots all around town now, but once I'm done messing around with Snowpeople, I think things will get better.

I suspect the reason why is... because they want you to buy their Amiibos.

What is considered exotic is different for different people, isn't it?

Having upgraded tools is always a joy.

I don't know enough about Pikmin to understand how that fortune is relevant to the item received.

Archived