Kura's Animal Crossing New Leaf Literal Let's Play

KuraTheChibiSleepingBeauty

OmegaTheMetamorphicDreamer

Oh, she's a goat. Oh well, at least it sounds like you're going to like her.

And now with the Ordinance in effect, Kittycat Town is on its way to becoming a giant flower garden.

It's almost as if there's an entire house in each of those trees.

It would be really cool if you could get the whole Varia suit set eventually.

Day 11: January 4, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Hi, everyone, and welcome!

Wow. So. 

Today started off with a really unexpected thing. 

I went and checked my mail as usual, and then noticed that Colton was nearby, so I decided to talk to him. He said that he was going to move away. My initial panicked reaction was along the lines of 'what?! but you just got here! you can't leave!', so I tried to convince him to stay, and sent him a letter and a present a bit later on. However, that's all I'm going to do. From now until the hypothetical date for moving [14th], I'm going to treat him as I already have--that is, I'll talk to him, and give him letters and presents, but only if I find something that I think he'd really like. Therefore, once that day comes, if he decides to stay, great. If not, that's okay, too. Hopefully that'll keep me, and you all [especially looking at you, Omega] from worrying or fretting over this. 

Alright, now that all that's out of the way...

Tasks Accomplished:

Sent a Letter + Ranch Chair to Colton

Found a lost mitten, and gave it to Pate on a whim, and it turned out it was hers. Lucky guess?

Found one fossil for donating, the rest were repeats.

Made another Snowboy by accident. 

Redecorated.

Caught one bee, then got stung. Caught another bee, then got stung again. I'm now going to carry around a medicine packet in my inventory all the time.

Went to the ceremony for the Campsite, which means it'll likely be up and active by tomorrow.

Redecorated again.

Noticed that a new shop is going to open next to the Able Sisters, and got excited. I have an inkling of which shop it might be, but that only means I'm even more excited.

Paid off some of the loan. [30,000 left!]

Roald visited my house. [He's taken to calling me 'ladybro'. I'm not sure how I feel about it. He also said that my minimalist chair is perfect for me. Well, he's not wrong...]

Items Received:

Snow Sofa [from Snowboy]

Hibachi [from Goldie; I'm not quite sure what it is. It looks a little like a mini kotatsu, but with a pot or a pan on it, so maybe it's some kind of grill?]

Snow-Cone Shirt [from Pate]

Silver [from a rock; ...uh...synchronicity?]

Country Guitar [from Hamphrey; I'm so confused now...]

Computer [from a tree]

Alpine Lamp [from a tree; it looks like a snowglobe! It's so nice, I just had to put it in my house even though I can barely walk around inside now.]

Fireplace [from Cherry, after I went and got Pate and we went and hung out in Cherry's house]

Bat Umbrella [bought; despite the name, it looks like a regular black umbrella, like from Winnie the Pooh.]

Yellow Raincoat [bought; I saw it and thought, 'perfect! I'll get to look like Christopher Robin!]

Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Yellow Lily [bought and planted; what's with all the yellow things today?]

Sapling [bought and planted]

Hamburger Paper [bought; no, it's just got a hamburger pattern on it, it's not the paper that a hamburger comes in]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

There was a White Katana in Tommy and Timmy's store, too, that I really wanted, but I'm not spending 36,000 bells just for a katana.

[Once I got to the shop, I realized I had forgotten to get the Play Coins for the Daily Fortune, so I went and bounced on the mini trampoline for a bit. It's my new method, instead of wandering aimlessly around the house.]

Daily Fortune #2: "You will soon be visited by a mustachioed man." = Block Carpet. [Once I get another room for my house, I'll use it, but for now, the cabin-y floor stays.]

Next Plans:

Find a present for Roald, 'cause tomorrow's his birthday [see, I remembered!]

Make a Snowman, so I can finally get rid of this bingo card that's been taking up an otherwise useful inventory spot for ages now. 

Go to the Island [I don't have any particular Public Works Projects in mind, so it'll just be a daytime visit.]

Pay off the rest of the loan.

Closing Thoughts: 

Well, aside from that almost tragic moment, it was a very quiet, casual day. 

I'm excited to check out the Campsite tomorrow. Maybe we'll have a visitor. 

That's all for today. See you next time. 

This is unexpected. Colton just recently moved here, why is he deciding to leave so soon? I guess we'll just have to wait and see if he stays or leaves on the 14th. Until then, treating him like normal sounds like the best thing to do. Until he hypothetically moves, he is still a villager here after all. I'll try not to worry about it too much, though. 😑🙂

Oh? I wonder what kind of shop it is that would have you excited.

'Ladybro'? That's such a weird thing to call anyone.

A computer... from a tree... Yep, makes sense! 😛

Katanas are awesome, but that is way too expensive! Or at least it sounds like it is. Maybe if you come across it again later on during a time when you're not actively working toward something, it might be worth getting then.

Admittedly, the first thought I had when I read "Hamburger Paper" was a greasy hamburger wrapper from a typical fast food restaurant. Hamburger patterned paper makes so much more sense as something to buy.

That's one way of getting Play Coins. I don't think a mini trampoline would be a good idea for me, though. I'm afraid I'd end up hitting my head on the ceiling that way.

I look forward to seeing (well, reading about) what the Campsite is like. 😄

-Looks through this thread and feels overwhelmed-

9 hours ago, Omega the Shadow said:

This is unexpected. Colton just recently moved here, why is he deciding to leave so soon?

Also reading about someone questioning the actions of the characters in that game is really amusing 😄

1 hour ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

-Looks through this thread and feels overwhelmed-

How come?

Day 12: January 5, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Today was further proof that even a daytime Island visit is incredibly broken game mechanic. So many bells...

Tasks Accomplished:

Wrapped up the Box Corner Sofa. and gave it to Roald at his birthday party.

Visited Pate's house, and got a Chain Gang T-Shirt, then ended up selling it to Hamphrey for a tiny amount of bells. 

Visited Victoria the Horse at the Campsite, but decided I didn't want her in my town.

FINALLY made a Snowman instead of a Snowboy.

Bought Exotic Chest from ReTail, assuming that it could be used to put things in, then got really annoyed when it turned out it's just for decoration, and even more annoyed when I learned it came from Hamphrey's house.

Donated one fossil; the rest were repeats.

Caught one bee, then got stung, and used the medicine I had with me. But those were the only bees I encountered at all today!

Got lots of bells from the bell rock, bell trees, and selling bee/beehives, seashells, bananas, and an emerald.

Sent Letter + Tall Lantern to Goldie.

Got bananas, caught bugs, new fish and ocean creatures on the Island, and got nearly 30,000 bells from the stuff I ended up selling. 

Paid off the loan, then expanded my house again, starting the cycle over yet again.

Items Received:

Reply Letter [from Colton; he was really happy with both the letter and gift I sent yesterday!]

Flamingo Lawn Ornament [from a tree]

Cabin Table [from a tree; it's really nice, but I don't have room for it right now.]

Ocean Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Red Rose [bought and planted]

Red tulip [bought and planted]

Deep Blue T-Shirt [bought]

Kitchen Wallpaper [from Pashmina; it's nice, but I like my current Party Wallpaper best]

Daily Fortune #14: 'Breathing underwater is rather easy, assuming you have gills." = Blue Pikmin Hat

Regal Vanity [from Friga; it turns out it's a little vanity cabinet with a mirror on top]

Next Plans:

Visit the new shop, provided it's open tomorrow.

Redecorate. Again.

Closing Thoughts:

So, a quiet, casual day again, but that's okay. 

I hope the next Campsite villager will be more appealing.

That's all for today! See you next time!

3 minutes ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I'm just a slow reader. 😄

Oh, no worries. Even if you only read a few entries a day, that's perfectly fine. 😄

Just now, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

It's cool seeing how many more things there are to do in this version compared to the original. Did you ever try the Animal Crossing: Campsite app?

Nope. I don't have a cellphone. But I have read Awkward Zombie's comics about it, if that counts at all. 

4 hours ago, Moon Spirit ☽ said:

I'm just a slow reader. 😄

Don't worry, so am I. 😄

Day 13: January 6, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

Sorry that I'm later than usual today; I was playing Dragon Quest IX, and the next thing I knew, it was 4:30, so I switched to Animal Crossing and ran around a lot, trying to get things done, but then I needed to have supper, and shower, and finally, here I am.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested cherries, and two coconuts

Dug up a pitfall, two new fossils, and two repeats.

Helped bury Colton's time capsule [I put it right next to his house, so hopefully I'll remember and not accidentally dig it up--that happened to Chuggaaconroy during his playthrough]

Delivered a present from Goldie to Colton

Got lots of bells from the bell rock, and sold the cherries, coconuts, fossils, and some gold I found from the...I guess it's technically called an ore rock

Ordered Pumpkin Pie from Jack at the Campground

Cherry visited my house

Made a perfect Snowlady by accident [I still don't know how I managed it]

Sold seashells

Caught three bees/beehives, and sold them

Caught three Snowflakes for the Snowlady

Pushed Hamphrey into the pitfall 

Redecorated again

Sold the Exotic Chest

Talked to Sable

Paid off a tiny bit of the loan

Items Received:

Letter + Boxing Mat [from Roald; I...don't really want it...]

Letter + Juicy Apple TV [from Goldie; it's so cute, and I really like it!]

Kiwi Stool [from Colton; I put it in front of the TV]

Green Bench [from a tree]

Ice Wallpaper [from the Snowlady]

Cloudy Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #7: "She who shades herself from an angry sun does so with dignity." = Peach's Parasol

Yellow Pansy [bought and planted]

Purple Violet [bought and planted]

Aurora Knit Shirt [bought]

Next Plans:

...Not much, to be honest. Hopefully the new shop will open soon.

I might try catching some fish tomorrow.

Closing Thoughts:

So, aside from all the rushing around, it was a fairly quiet day. 

Edit: So here I thought I'd be unable to do Island Minigames, because I don't have anyone to play with, but it turns out I can play by myself, and still get rewards. I sure wish I had known that sooner.

Oh, well. Now I know, and I'll be able to try it out next Sunday. Maybe I'll get lucky and be able to get the wetsuit, so I can go swimming at the beach and find new creatures for the museum. Either way, the minigames look like fun! 😄

No worries. I know this thread isn't about Dragon Quest IX, but still I'm glad you had fun playing it, even if it sounds like you lost track of the time.

Good bye useless chest that belonged to someone you don't like. 😛

I've never understood the appeal of boxing... at all. I'm sure Roald probably meant well.

As if that island wasn't awesome enough already! 😁 I hope you win some really cool things from the minigames.

I'm back! Late again. More Dragon Quest IX-ing, but I've had my fill of hunting for loot in monster infested grottos for now. 

Day 14: January 7, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, the new shop finally opened! It's the shoe shop. and while I'm pretty sure I won't be buying very many shoes or socks, I'm still going to visit every day.

Also, when I talked to her, Pate mentioned how she wanted to move away, and I was so taken aback, I asked her to stay. But here's the new rule: from now on, if a villager who isn't Cherry or Goldie [because they're my favourites] wants to move away, I'll let them, and then wait and see if they do decide to move on the chosen day. That way, there's still a chance that they'll stay, but an equal chance that they'll move, so ultimately, it'll work out alright one way or another. 

Also also, I made a small discovery: it turns out that pine trees can have items and money [and bees] in them, too. Here I thought only oak/fruit trees were like that. Well, now I know.

Tasks Accomplished:

Dug up one new fossil, three old fossils, a pitfall, and replanted a bunch of flowers all over town

Caught three bees, then got stung. Luckily I had medicine with me.

Made a Snowtyke. He was really happy that I had made a Snowman, Snowlady, and Snowboy, and said that he'll give me a present in the mail. Speaking of which, I'm really close to getting a bingo in the next few days, so hopefully I can get rid of the bingo card very soon.

Delivered a present from Friga to Colton

Sold the bees, beehives, seashells, and a sapphire

Finally found the bell rock after hitting every other rock in town

Met Kicks the skunk at the shoe shop [It was quite funny how he started out all 'Cockney-ish', but when he realized I was the mayor, he switched to being super polite.]

Paid off a bit of the loan. 

Items Received:

Pumpkin Pie [from the Campground]

White Pot [from a tree]

Green Tie Dye Shirt [from Colton]

Ice Carpet [from the Snowlady]

Bubble Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #17: "He who breaks bricks with his head must remember to grow up." = Mario Block [Funny thing--Mario breaks blocks with his fist, not his head; maybe this is kind of poking fun at how people keep thinking that anyway?]

White Rose [bought and planted]

White Cosmos [bought and planted]

Spider Umbrella [bought]

Blue Pom Pom Hat [bought, and decided to wear! It's so cute.]

Yellow Stripe Shirt [bought]

Mario Shirt [bought]

Extra: 

Wrote lots of letters and added presents to all of them:

To Pashmina + White Pot

To Pate + Exotic Table [She was asking for it earlier today, but I hadn't even got a chance to see what it was, so I added it to her letter as an apology]

To Goldie + Incense Burner [She was looking for something to replace her Record Player, but the only thing I had that was around its size was my zen tea set, and I'm definitely keeping that]

To Cherry + Spider Umbrella [I certainly suits her style]

To Elmer + Apple

To Friga + Fireplace [I thought it might warm her house up a bit]

To Roald + Hibachi [I don't really need a grill, so I thought, 'well, I might as well give it to someone']

Next Plans: 

Fishing! I didn't get around to doing that today.

Closing Thoughts:

Aside from the excitement of the shoe shop opening up, it was a fairly quiet day. I haven't seen Hamphrey in a couple days. Maybe if I ignore him enough, he'll move. 

I guess it was only a matter of time until some villagers talked about moving, but I didn't expect it to be so soon.

I would be very surprised if Nintendo themselves got that fact wrong, unless it was on purpose.

Day 15: January 8, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So lately I've been noticing that there's a LOT of  big brown patches around town, and I've come up with a solution--for the next few days, I'll try to reduce my playtime to an hour, and ease up a bit on daily routine things, like shaking trees, and going back and forth and back and forth to ReTail. Hopefully that'll help. I'll still do routiney things at the shops and stuff, of course. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Gave Colton the Executive Toy, because he was asking for something new for his house

Tried to push Hamphrey into a pitfall, but then fell in instead

Harvested bananas

Delivered present from Pashmina to Roald

Pushed Hamphrey into an extra pitfall I had

Got stung by bees once, but caught the rest

Made ANOTHER perfect Snowboy by accident

I'm one spot away from a bingo, so hopefully the number for tomorrow will be 40

Ordered Daisy T-Shirt and Cat Tree Tower from Blanca at the Campground [so never come here again, Blanca. You're too creepy.]

Paid off a bit of the loan

Fished a lot, and caught a new fish [I'm five bugs away from 30 bugs, and nine fish away from 30 fish at the museum!]

Visited Pashmina's house

Visited Colton's house

Goldie visited my house

Visited Friga's house

Items Received:

Letter + Snow Matryoshka [from Snowtyke; that's exactly the main snow gift that I wanted to get!]

Letter + HHA T-Shirt [from the Happy Home Academy, for finally getting 10,000 house points. I've just been placing items where I want them to be, instead of following Lyle's advice at all]

Elephant Slide [from Colton; I thought I could actually slide on it, but I can't. Hmph.]

Pachira [from Pate; it turns out it's a type of tree]

Ice Dresser [from the Snowlady]

Fireworks Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #53: "Pay no heed to those whose bark is worse than their bite." = Chihuahua Figurine [I was totally expecting it to be a Chain Chomp, but I hadn't even thought of Nintendogs]

White Tulip [bought and planted]

Red Pansy [bought and planted]

Red Umbrella [bought]

Cafe T-Shirt [bought]

Purple Star Socks [bought]

Jester Shoes [bought]

Pink Sneakers [bought]

Balloon Present: Balloon Dresser

Balloon Present: Balloon Bed [which...I already have, so I put it up for sale at ReTail]

Next Plans:

Reduce playtime

Make some hard decisions about all the stuff in storage [I'm running out of space already...]

Go to the Island on Sunday, for a nighttime visit

Go on Island Tours and get rare items and rare fruit

Build the third bridge

Pay off the rest of the loan

Decide what to do about the Dream Suite [I was all excited about it at first, but then I realized that most, if not all, of the people who follow this Let's Play, probably don't have copies of New Leaf, and thus can't visit my town through the dream suite function]

Closing Thoughts:

Well, that was an eventful day, for sure.

The battle with the bees continues. I would have got the one that stung me, but Roald happened to be standing beside the tree at the time, and got in my way. 

It would be good if you got something really nice for completing that bingo card, to make up for all the time it's been in your inventory taking up space.

Heh, what's the fun in having someone else tell you how to decorate your house rather than decorating it the way you want to?

I wasn't expecting anything from Nintendogs to be included as Nintendo themed items. Unlike most other things, Chihuahuas, and other dog breeds don't immediately make me think 'oh, Nintendo, of course' when I see them.

I'm sure I would be having a storage crisis, too. I know full well how I tend to hoard items, and rarely ever get rid of anything until it gets out of hand.

Day 16: January 9, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So I only played for an hour today, because I was going out later, but rushing around [at normal walking speed] trying to get everything done wasn't really fun. Ordinarily I'd just play earlier, but because the shops don't open until 10:00. that won't work.

Tasks Accomplished:

Harvested Cherries and Coconuts

Dug up three new fossils, a repeat fossil, and a Pitfall.

Dug up three Gyroids [I've decided to make a museum exhibit out of all the Gyroids I find, once I get the option to build a second floor for the museum]

Found Gulliver, and helped him remember that he was heading to Egypt

Ordered Lucky Cat from Joan the Boar at the Campground [I so wanted the Pizza Box that was there, too, but I didn't have enough MEOW Coupons]

Made a Snowman next to Hamphrey's House [I'm close to getting two Bingos now. I wonder if I'd get two items in that case. I just want this Bingo Card gone already.]

Got super lucky with the bell rock

Colton's got a new nickname for me: Chickpea. [What're the chances of that, especially since nickname suggestions are semi-randomized based on villager personalities?]

Sold Cherries, Coconuts, Seashells, and some leftover Snowflakes

Items Received:

Cat Tree Tower and Daisy T-Shirt [from the Campground; it turns out that T-Shirt is the same one that the female Villager wears in Smash!]

Snow Chair [from Snowboy]

Letter + Watermelon Chair [from Goldie]

Letter + Cello [from Friga; wow, she sure knows what I like]

Letter + Wooden Box [from Cherry; ...I'm not sure how she thought that'd be useful, I can't even put things in it. Oh, well.]

Reply Letters from Goldie, Pate, Roald, and Friga

Capsule Toy Machine [from Roald; it looks like a vending machine, but for toys. Why did he think I'd like that?]

Ice Closet [from Snowlady; I put the Capsule Toy Machine in it, then put it in my new Balloon Dresser]

Amethyst [from an ore rock; now all I need is a Pearl and a Pink Quartz, though I don't think those are in this game.]

Polka Dot Dresser [bought; I think I'll give it to either Goldie or Cherry]

More Hamburger Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

White Lily [bought and planted]

White Cosmos [bought and planted]

Cedar Sapling [bought and planted; here I thought they were pine trees]

Star Cap [bought]

Toad Parasol [bought]

Gelato Shirt [bought]

Festive Dress [bought; I know I already have it, but I was thinking of giving it to Friga]

Yellow Rain Boots [bought; my rain gear collection is complete!]

Daily Fortune #46: "She who wears armour today is she who may wear armour tomorrow." = Varia Suit Shirt

Next Plans:

Add 'Getting Fortunes from Katrina' to the daily routine

Figure out storage issues

Redecorate. Again. 

Go to the Island on Sunday, for a nighttime visit, to get RICH!

Go on Island Tours and get rare items and rare fruit, then figure out how planting other fruits works 

Build the third bridge on the northeast side of town, north of the Campsite

Build the Dream Suite

Closing Thoughts:

So, what else is new...oh, yeah, I've started a garden beside my house! I decided to make it go all the way around. This is not only because I want it to look nice, but also because the fence that goes with the Cookie Door, Roof, Siding, and Mailbox that I want to get has stacks of candy, but some of the pieces are lopsided, and if I get that it'll annoy me forever. Speaking of making my house look like a Gingerbread cottage, Tom Nook still doesn't have any of the parts I need for it. Grr.

I'll get them all eventually, though, and then never buy any of the other styles. I can just imagine him standing around in his shop, thinking, "...Is she ever going to pick something else?" 

Day 17: January 10, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, I checked the wiki, and it looks like as long as I follow the same routes every day around town, the brown spots will merge together to become paths. Plus I'm sure that eventually, the town will be so full of flowers, the grass won't be very noticeable anyway. 

Also, looks like Tommy and Timmy's shop will be closed tomorrow for renovations, to make the shop bigger and expand the inventory. That's pretty exciting. 😄

Tasks Accomplished:

Gave the Polka Dot Dresser to Pashmina, because she was looking for some better furniture

Dug up one new fossil, three repeats, and a Pitfall

Made another Snowman [I'm close to getting three Bingos now; this is getting absurd...]

Visited Cherry's house

Returned Goldie's lost item

Got stung by bees; caught the other four

Did a Mega Ton of gardening [I migrated all the flowers I could find over to my garden next to my house, except for the little garden i started next to Goldie's house]

Sold bees, beehives, a sapphire, fossils, and seashells 

Redecorated a bit

Sent Letter + Festive Dress [to Friga]

Items Received:

Reply Letter + Party Wall [from Elmer; I already have that, so I'm not really sure what to do with it]

Reply Letter from Pashmina

Letter + Mummy Casket [from Gulliver; it links to the storage, which is quite funny]

Lucky Cat [from the Campground]

Mixer [from Pashmina; ...how nice...]

Balloon Present: Balloon Dog Lamp [aww, not again...]

Chain Gang T-Shirt [from Goldie]

Medicine [from Cherry]

Simple Armchair [from Cherry; it looks great next to the big bookshelf]

Medicine [from Pashmina]

Pipe Organ [from a tree; it's HUGE!]

Candy Jar [from a tree]

Lotus Lamp [bought]

Lucky Black Cat [bought]

Notebook Paper [bought]

Wrapping Paper [bought]

Daily Fortune #40: "I see much red in your future. Much red indeed." = Virtual Boy

Red Lily [bought and planted]

Yellow Tulip [bought and planted]

Cedar Sapling [bought and planted]

Purple Imp Hood [bought; it's so ridiculous, I just had to have it]

Red Tie-Dye T-Shirt [bought]

Nebula Shirt [bought]

Blue Diamond Shirt [bought]

Black Rain Boots [bought; they kind of look like the boots I've actually got, that I wear all the time in the Spring and Fall]

...What was that about running out of space, again? 😅

Next Tasks: 

same as yesterday

Closing Thoughts:

So, since there won't be a Daily Fortune tomorrow, and possibly for a couple days after that, I debated about getting Play Coins as usual or not, and ultimately decided, 'I might as well save up for a bit'.

Also, the continuous lack of Cookie House options in Tom Nook's shop is really starting to annoy me. 

I've always found Gyroids to be kind of creepy.

I confess that I can never tell the difference between cedar and pine trees. 😅

It's a good thing you don't trample flowers by walking through them, or anything like that. That would be rather tragic.

Come on, Tom Nook. Kura is never going to buy anything from you if you keep withholding the cookie options. Or do you not want her bells?

Day 18: January 11, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, today was a pretty quiet day. Not too much happened, but that's alright, because tomorrow will be really busy, with going on two Island trips, and the Tour Minigames.

Tasks Accomplished:

Fell into a pitfall

Dug up one new fossil and three repeats

Got lucky with the bell rock and bell trees

Convinced Goldie to stay [does everyone want to move away all of a sudden?!]

Made another Snowman [this is getting ridiculous; I've got three Snowmen made now, and I could get a Bingo nearly four times over now]

Harvested Bananas

Met Redd in his art tent; ordered a Romulus-Remus Satute; resolved to read a guide to figuring out which art pieces are real

Caught all five bees!

Sold the fossils, bananas, a sapphire, seashells, bees, and beehives

Visited Pate's house

Paid off some of the loan, then withdrew 30,000 bells to pay off the rest

Goldie visited my house

Items Received: 

Letter + Lovely Bed [from Friga; it's so cute, it's got a heart shaped pillow]

Old Sewing Machine [from a tree]

Theremin [from a tree; it turns out it's a type of plant]

Holly Banzai [from Hamphrey; he came up to me with the 'special conversation' expression, and I was hoping he was going to tell me that he was moving, but instead he gave me a plant...from his own house, no less. But he gave it to me in a way that was like 'oh, I'm just giving this to you because a fortune-telling channel on tv told me to' and all I was thinking was, 'you try to be nice for once, and just fall flat on your face'.] 

Yellow Rose [bought and planted]

Yellow Lily [bought and planted]

Winter Sweater [bought]

Chichi Print T-Shirt [bought; it's got green swirly patterns on it!]

Next Plans:

same as yesterday; plus adding 'visiting Redd' to the daily routine, if he shows up, of course

Closing Thoughts:

I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm going to try all of the Island minigames. 😄 Hopefully I can get the wetsuit, so I can go diving on the beach in town.

It's kind of seeming as though the snowmen are deliberately holding out on giving you a bingo for as long as possible. I wonder if you'll get a triple bingo, and receive three times the reward you'd get normally. Though, the biggest reward for bingo-ing will undoubtedly be getting the darn thing out of your inventory.

Day 19: January 12, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, as expected, today was a really busy day. Tommy and Timmy's expanded store is now open, and they're selling carpets, wallpaper, and most importantly, TWO Fortune Cookies a day! 

I've got the second floor all set up, too, with Isabelle's Paw Print Wallpaper, and some knicknacks from the Campground and Gulliever, meaning that I've got the Cat Tree Tower next to the Mummy Case. ...and, predictably, I've run out of space already. 

Tasks Accomplished:

Got a Bingo, finally. Sheesh.

Dug up a Pitfall, three new fossils, and one repeat

Gave a Cherry to Friga

Delivered a present from Colton to Goldie

Visited Pate's house

Started the new bridge project

Harvested Cherries and two Coconuts

Got super lucky with the bell rock and bell trees [I guess those Lucky Cats I got are working!]

Caught all five bees!

Traded a bee to Goldie because she wanted it

Donated Romulus + Remus Statue [it's genuine! Hooray!]

Sold Cherries, Coconuts, fossil, seashells, bees, and beehives

Ordered Snow Globe from the Campground [I wanted to get the Santa Suit, too, but I didn't have enough MEOW Coupons]

Went to the Island, and played some of the Minigames: the beginner levels for fishing, memory game, smashing rocks, and catching beetles

Caught new fish and new sea creatures, and donated them once I got home

Planted new fruit

Paid off over half of the bridge fund, then used most of my savings so that there's only 40,000 left to go. [Wow, I've really progressed to the point where that doesn't seem like that many bells...]

Items Received:

Letter + Statue [from Redd]

Letter + High Jump Mat [from Goldie]

Letter + Quince Banzai [from Pate]

Ski Rack [from the Snowman; seriously???]

Detour Arrow [from Friga; that made me laugh so much]

Tan Puffy Vest [from Goldie]

Balloon Present: Balloon Vanity [looks like I might have all of the balloon items now]

[Also, I got another one, but it landed on the isolated bit of the beach, so I can't get it until I get the wetsuit]

Birdcage [from a tree; I don't really want to think of the logistics of having that while having a bird-based villager...]

Rose Sky T-Shirt [from Goldie]

Polka Dot Paper [bought]

Tartan Rug [bought]

Red Tulip [bought and planted]

Red Rose [bought and planted]

[I ran out of the shop, and went to the gardening centre, only to realize that I still had the fortunes in my inventory, so I had to go back.] 

Daily Fortune #26: "There are not shortcuts in life, except when there are." = Mario Pipe

Daily Fortune #49: "A door that is not open is not closed to you; it only needs a key." = Hero's Boots [Link Boots]

Kiwi Hat [bought]

Strawberry Hat [bought]

Embroidered Dress [bought]

Grass T-Shirt [bought]

Blue Aloha Shirt [bought with Minigame Medals from the Island]

Next Plans:

Go to the Island tonight

Pay off the rest of the bridge fund

Build the Dream Suite

Build the second floor for the museum

Closing Thoughts:

So, when I went to Tom Nook's to check out house options, there was a Cookie Door. But it was rectangular. I want the oval one! It's like he's got a secret plan to make me so annoyed that I go blasting off like whomever's unlucky enough to get caught in Villager's Final Smash in Smash Bros. 

See it in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY_wCijU1Pk

Now I'm imagining Isabelle taking a plain sheet of wallpaper, and manually putting all the paw prints on it herself.

Oh look! There's even fan art of her doing that 😄:

isabelle_s_pawprint_wallpaper_by_bluukis

tumblr_mphvtwtc9g1rjizcho1_400.png

I get the feeling that getting a Ski Rack was not at all worth having a useless item taking up an inventory space for two weeks.

I don't understand how how that fortune relates to the Hero's Boots. I mean, I get that you collect keys to open doors in Zelda games, but why the boots?

Seriously? It's like Tom Nook is going 'Oh, you said you wanted a cookie door? Well here you go then.' and offers you the rectangular one just to purposefully irritate you.

Day 20: January 13, 2020

Opening Thoughts:

So, last night, I went to the Island as planned, and found some new sea creatures and a new fish, and caught the rarest bug in the game: the Golden Stag Beetle. I only caught the one, so I donated it when I got back, but, still, that's a pretty big accomplishment. I also got enough money from the other bugs I caught to pay off 2/3rds of the museum fund.

As if that wasn't enough, I got lots done today. 😄

Tasks Accomplished:

Met Dr. Shrunk [that was really surprising; I went outside as usual, and there he was, like he was some door-to-door salesperson --sales-salamander?- waiting to ambush me. He's...a little creepy looking, to be honest, but it was funny how enthusiastic he was about starting his club, Club LOL]

Met Phineas [he gave me a badge for catching 50% of the sea creatures]

Dug up a Pitfall, three Gyroids, one new fossil, and three repeats

Ordered the Hot Plate from Zippers at the Campground [he's just as scary as Blanca. Yikes. But the neat thing about the Hot Plate is that the food that's in it can be changed]

Went to the ceremony for the new bridge

Paid off a lot for the museum fund

Got signatures for Club LOL, so that'll probably be open on Main Street in the next few days, next to the Post Office

Withdrew 20,000 for the museum fund

Wrote Letters: + Regal Vanity for Pashmina, + Toy Capsule Machine for Pate, + Green Bench for Roald

Went to the Island for Tours and got loads of fruit

Sold two storage pages' worth of clothes, and two storage pages' worth of furniture [I felt so much better after doing that; I checked afterwards, and there's only around five or six items left that aren't Daily Fortune items or Snowpeople items; in fact, the Snowpeople items take up the most space. Figures. Once I get another room, I'll put all of the Snowpeople items in it]

Paid off the rest of the museum fund [between last night's Island visit and today's, I had more than enough for that!]

Redecorated a bit [I put the Telescope next to the window on the second floor, and put the Chihuahua Figurine in front of the Cat Tree Tower]

Items Received:

Letter + Kiddie Clock [from Pate]

Letter + Blue Check Shirt [from mom]

Letter + HHA Flag [from HHA; apparently I got over 20,000 points without even trying]

Slingshot [bought; finally!]

Kiddie Carpet [bought; it looks like it's made of big puzzle pieces]

Daily Fortune #34: "When all else fails, never forget to show them your moves." = Blue Falcon [wow, that's a joke that spans all the way back to Smash Brawl!]

Daily Fortune #16: "A bulb in your future is looking dim. Bring a flashlight." = no prize

Bowling Pins [consolation prize; well, what am I supposed to do with that? I did laugh a lot when I got it, so that's something.]

White Cosmos [bought, planted, and accidentally trampled while running later on. Oops. No more running, that's for sure.]

White Rose [bought and planted]

Forest Umbrella [bought]

Next Plans:

Visit Club LOL

Take a look at the new part of the museum

Pay off the rest of the loan [I need more space. Again. So The Dream Suite will have to wait awhile]

Make some hard decisions on the rest of my clothes 

Closing Thoughts:

Well, today was just as busy as yesterday. Phew. 

I wish there was a special storage for Daily Fortune items and things like that. It'd make things a lot easier. 

Oh, well. As far as complaints go, I can only think of three, and they're relatively minor [storage space, house expansions costing so much, and the Snowmen]

Speaking of Snowpeople, it's rather ironic that the Snowman is the easiest to make but the hardest to get items from, and the Snowlady is the hardest to make but the easiest to get items from. 

I've decided to take a break from making Snowpeople for a little while. 

Wow, congratulations on your find! Honestly, I find it especially hard to sell rare items anyway, simply because they're rare.

I wonder what the LOL in Club LOL means... unless it's literally the chat speak abbreviation  for 'laugh out loud'.

Hooray for clearing out a lot of your storage. So then that will be your snow room. That looks pretty neat in my head.

Now I guess you just need a Bowling Ball to accompany the pins.

Maybe you're a naturally good home decorator.

After looking at all the different types of Snowpeople, I've concluded that the Snowman looks kind of creepy with his bingo number eyes. I also found it odd that the Snowlady was smaller than the Snowboy. I expected it to be the other way around.

Archived