Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Hayis4horses
On 5/7/2018 at 6:48 PM, awkward_one34 said:

Yeah, that's me catching for my old softball team. Does anyone else here play sports?

I dance, but that's about it. Idek if that counts. :mellow:

• Like 1
Hayis4horses
23 hours ago, averytaryn said:

Anyone wanna talk about random crap? I'd rather be on here than thinking about school tomorrow 

School. :angry: The place I never want to go to. I get up every morning and spend 10 minutes getting myself out of bed, even with my papa's constant reminders. But, for random stuff (or terrible stuff), my best friend is moving. I am really sad about that. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. I hope the people at her new school are nice to her. And next year, I will go back to having no close friends, most likely. :(

• Like 1
On 08/05/2018 at 3:48 AM, awkward_one34 said:

Yeah, that's me catching for my old softball team. Does anyone else here play sports?

I do horse-riding with my own mare/horse. I also ski in winter. Outside of that, I'm not good at sport x')

It's cool to see how everyone does different sports !

averytaryn
10 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

School. :angry: The place I never want to go to. I get up every morning and spend 10 minutes getting myself out of bed, even with my papa's constant reminders. But, for random stuff (or terrible stuff), my best friend is moving. I am really sad about that. She is one of the best friends I have ever had. I hope the people at her new school are nice to her. And next year, I will go back to having no close friends, most likely. :(

Well, I hope you can still find something slightly good with any part of it. And I hope you can find some more top notch friends :-)

• Like 1
Feryn_Hyte
23 hours ago, fruoup said:

I want more oversized tshirts. Sleeves past at least elbows, good material, dark color, & cute anime design.

Yo, who doesn't!

• Like 1

Hey yall anyone else suffered through AP Testing (or other finals) this week? I have 4/5 done phew!! I am so relieved that the end of the year is so close now!

• Like 4
verymelancholic
1 hour ago, smittyw said:

Hey yall anyone else suffered through AP Testing (or other finals) this week? I have 4/5 done phew!! I am so relieved that the end of the year is so close now!

and here i am worrying that school starts in less than five weeks...

• Like 2

Oh cool a teen corner! I'm looking for friendship and a group of people I can relate too ❤

• Like 3
SpACEd Out
15 hours ago, smittyw said:

Just took apush today! AP Bio on Monday! Finals first two weeks of June! It's almost done!!! Woohoo!!!!!

• Like 1
Just now, SpACEd Out said:

Just took apush today! AP Bio on Monday! Finals first two weeks of June! It's almost done!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Ohh good luck on Bio! I took those last year and they were not too bad, so hopefully it is the same for you :D Yeees June is so close now, I can’t believe it...

• Like 1

I have around 4 pending exams, am graduating in a month and no time to study whatsoever. Please finish me now...

1 hour ago, BooViva said:

I have around 4 pending exams, am graduating in a month and no time to study whatsoever. Please finish me now...

Sounds stressful...best of luck on your exams!! I am graduating next month too, but I still can't believe graduation is coming so fast.

• Like 1
Hayis4horses

Idk if this is a good place to say this, but here goes nothing...

Today Kid 1 pretended to bump my water bottle while I was drinking. I was annoyed, so I spit the water in my mouth in an arc out of my two front teeth, and it landed on her face. Kid 1 proceeded to put gum in my hair. Then, I was so upset (I am also a germaphobe), I got really worked up. I told Kid 2 (different kid) that I needed my scissors as I frantically rummaged through my backpack. I got them and I said I needed to cut my hair off and also that I wanted to cut someone. That was not a smart move. I just said it out of anger. Kid 2 said, "Kid 1, get away from her. And you [to me] put down the scissors, please." I inched closer to Kid 1, while Kid 2, was blocking my way and holding my hand. Kid 1 just said, "She won't do anything to me, we both know it." Kid 1 was walking down the hall. I told Kid 2 to please let me go. Kid 2 asked me if I was gonna chase Kid 1. I told Kid 2, "No, I'm not, just let me go." Kid 2 let me go and I slowly walked down the hall to my locker.

Then it all sunk in. I started to cry. Kid 2, helped me get my stuff from my locker and we went to the bathroom. Kid 2 asked me why I was gonna stab Kid 1. I really wasn't and told Kid 2 that it was just something I said out of anger. I told Kid 2 that I was trying to cut my hair. But, I also told Kid 2 that I thought I was a psychopath. I told Kid 2 that I was crazy. Kid 2 told me I wasn't. I told Kid 2, what if I had gone to Kid 1. I probably would have hit Kid 1. I might have thrown the scissors, if it escalated. I asked Kid 2, "Why would Kid 1 put the gum in my hair for me just getting a little spitty water on her face?" Kid 2 responded by stating, "You know how Kid 1 is. She gets upset over the slightest things." Then I started to explain, what if I put gum in Kid 1's hair, every time she did something I didn't like, to me.

I explained to Kid 2 all of the things Kid 1 does to me. I told Kid 2, that this anger may have been my breaking point. Because Kid 1 does many things that she knows I do not appreciate. A few days ago Kid 1 touched one of my sushi, just so I would give it to Kid 1. So, I did. Then Kid 1 said that she actually touched all of my sushis (I am a germaphobe and do not like when people's dirty hands touch what I will ingest, especially if they are fingers with salt and vinegar pringle residue, that have been licked). I ate the rest of my sushis because I was hungry, but it didn't taste good, knowing what Kid 1 had done. A few months ago she took my water bottle (twice) and dropped it (on accident), but laughed that it fell, split open, got dirty and I would have to wash it again. Around that same time Kid 1 took my bottle again and put it in the trash (I am a germaphobe) and wouldn't get it out. I had to beg her to get it out. She finally did, but as soon as she got it out, she threw it down on the floor and wouldn't pick it up. I had to touch the dirty bottle to put it on the side pocket of my backpack. Kid 1 laughed. Other things Kid 1 likes to do is: joke about how she touched/spit/did way worse things that I would get mad at her if she told me to my food, say what would I do without her and that I would still be a loner (in a joking way, I think), and complains (in a joking way, I think) about having to talk to me or spend time with me.

Kid 2 listened to me tell my stories. Kid 2 told me that it would be best if we stayed away from each other for both of our safety. Kid 2 even cleaned the gum out of my hair, really well. However, Kid 1 kept texting Kid 2 about how I was a lunatic, how she could report me, many cuss words, and how Kid 2 should get away from me. Kid 2 just texted back and tried to explain that I really wasn't going to hurt her. I really don't deserve a friend like Kid 2.

This was my first breakdown at school.

Also, the scissors were kid scissors with a round tip.

Anyway, I hope whoever read this didn't waste 29 years of their life, I'm sorry, I made bad decisions...

• Like 1

@Hayis4horses  I just didn't understand your last phrase, but anyway I felt the need to answer you  :)

Whatever this Kid 1 says about you being a lunatic or whatever, you ABSOLUTELY MUSTN'T believe it. From what little you just explained, she's a really unrespectful person, kind of a bully, and definitely someone I would not hang out with. Kid 2 is right when she said that it would be best if you stayed away from each other. Not because you're dangerous or anything, but because this person is definitely no good for you. Has she ever done anything nice ? Pretending that she hand out with out of the goodness of her heart doesn't count. Everyone matters and everyone is worth something, you definitely shouldn't have to endure such thing to have a so-called "friendship". She KNOWS you're germaphobe and she does all those things nonetheless ? It's just as insensitive as putting someone who's arachnophobe in a room full of spiders. Friends should respect each other, and someone who does all this things is NOT a friend. A bully at best, and a shitty human being with that. She sounds manipulative, and is trying to make you think you're nothing without her. That couldn't be less true.

You definitely deserve Kid 2 as a friend, with all the shit this other person put you through. With how she's talking about reporting you, I'd say report her first 'cos what she did is definitely not okay. Thing is, I'm not sure if adults take phobia seriously...

Do not be worried about your reaction. I got angry for less, and sometimes wanted to slap my sister for things less important. It was, as you put it wisely, your breaking point and it needed to happen. Maybe now this Kid 1 will think about it twice before bullying you again (I call that bullying, no matter if she calls herself your friend). You didn't hurt anyone with the scissors, just said you WANTED to. It's no okay, but it's normal as you were all worked up and a bit panicked I think since you're germaphobe. Truth is : you didn't hurt anyone and THAT is what matters. If everyone who tells death threat when they're angry were put in jail, we would quickly be out of place. You were worried about the possibility of you hurting Kid 1, even after all of this. It proves that you're a good person and you don't have to worry about that part.

Be proud of yourself, and stay assured that you absolutely deserve Kid 2 to be your friend. The one who doesn't is Kid 1, who seemed to act like a poor human being. You're worth more than what she gives you, and don't let her make you think the contrary. You're a wonderful human being and you're not worth less than anyone.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Neutral nerd said:

How do I post a picture?

On a post in progress there should be a button below the text box saying “insert other media”. Click this and then choose “insert image from url”. It works for when you have the url for a specific image, but not so well when it is a saved picture in your computer. If you want to do that I think you may have to use html codes or something similar.

hope this helps!

Neutral nerd
6 hours ago, smittyw said:

It works for when you have the url for a specific image, but not so well when it is a saved picture in your computer. If you want to do that I think you may have to use html codes or something similar.

Ugh... I think I may just refrain from that then 😅 thanks for responding, though!

• Like 1
Lizbeth Mav
On 5/2/2018 at 10:44 PM, smittyw said:

YES!! one of the main reasons I hated PE class with a burning passion was the fact that all the boys had to be in the same class. Obviously not all of them were so insufferable but when there are only a handful that spoil the bunch, it sucks to be around them– plus teen dudes are more prone to go with the flow when an idiot is the "popular" one getting all the attention. And there's always gotta be somebody who's making sex jokes or spouting homophobic/misogynistic/racist nonsense that they saw on the internet (this happens in my art class now because of a freshman boy who happened to be sitting a table away from me, and I wish I could put him on mute sometimes...he is all the -phobics wrapped up in a layer of "look at me, I'm so funny and great").

I have never related so much in my life the boys in my class are absolutely disgusting and I only started realizing this recently. In fact before I realized how gross they were one of them texted me and he's usually like the loud popular one and we started talking about this show because we both needed to vent about it and neither of us have friends who watch it (Riverdale btw it's so good ohmygosh) and he was sweet and acted like a decent person in text which is kind of out of character any way like the day after we texted I noticed him and his douchbag friends making absolutely repulsive sexual jokes and literally we're freshmen we're pretty much still children and theyre making the grossest jokes and I didnt understand y the hell he acts like that. I felt lied to honestly I can't tell if the real him is in text or in class and it makes me so mad that he has the potential to be really kind and chooses to be an a**hole. Do u guys think people are more them selves behind a screen or irl?

• Like 2
Hayis4horses
2 hours ago, Lizbeth Mav said:

Do u guys think people are more them selves behind a screen or irl?

I would say behind screen, because people's peers won't judge them. I think fitting in, in real life, is what people strive for, so depending on who their with, really changes their personality.

3 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

I would say behind screen, because people's peers won't judge them. I think fitting in, in real life, is what people strive for, so depending on who their with, really changes their personality.

I think it depends on the person. Some people are more open without the face-to-face interaction, some people aren't. I also think people can be more honest without, potentially, friends/peers judging their behaviour as with irl conversations in group settings. Then again, through messages on a screen you can't see the person's facial expressions/hand gestures/body language/mannerisms, so you don't experience them being themselves on that level. 

But everybody puts on a certain front to an extent when they're talking to anybody, I think 

• Like 1

Can anyone explain to me why everybody on AVEN seems to be a little bit obsessed with cake? 

22 minutes ago, PrinceCal said:

Can anyone explain to me why everybody on AVEN seems to be a little bit obsessed with cake? 

Cake is a common symbol of asexuality. I think it has to do with the idea that asexuals would rather eat than have sex. See also here.

CierraJasmineJ

Anyone else taking the AP Calc or AP Stats exams this week? AP Tests are the absolute worst! 

Julia Schwartz
3 hours ago, TheAP said:

Cake is a common symbol of asexuality. I think it has to do with the idea that asexuals would rather eat than have sex. See also here.

Oh wow this is so cool! My cake appreciation just went up 1000%

• Like 3
verymelancholic

I actually am not that big of a fan of cake. But I don’t hate it either.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, CierraJasmineJ said:

Anyone else taking the AP Calc or AP Stats exams this week? AP Tests are the absolute worst! 

I am taking Calc BC tomorrow and i agree, it is the absolute worst! I have finished all my other AP tests though, so I am mostly relieved. Good luck on yours! ^^

Which AP Exam has been the hardest in your opinion? For me it was probably Calc or APUSH last year. So many things to remember... Agh!!