Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

awkward_one34

Guys I have a question... what does yeet mean? Because half the kids at my school say that and I really don't get it.

• Like 2
Neutral nerd
25 minutes ago, awkward_one34 said:

Guys I have a question... what does yeet mean? Because half the kids at my school say that and I really don't get it.

I really don't know, but my sister ( and I) sometimes say it for the sake of randomly saying it. It may be in the urban dictionary if you look it up, although I don't know if it has any specific meaning per say. 

Skycaptain

Urban dictionary is as much use as a chocolate fireguard, here 

Hayis4horses
4 hours ago, awkward_one34 said:

I just use it like someone would use psych or you thought. Like, "Here you can have my ice cream...Yeet." Also, if me or my friends are dancing, we use it like someone would use ayyy.

If that makes sense. :P

• Like 2
Great Blue Heron

I'm not exactly up on pop culture, but my impression is that it can mean anything from "yes" to just being an all-purpose filler word . . . Mind you, my only data point is that that's how one of my friends uses it, but they also tend only to use it at all when highly caffeinated, so take that with a grain of salt.

Jazzashark

Sorry to change the subject guys😅 But I really could use some help. So basically I'm really finding it hard to except myself and I know that's a normal part of being a teenager but ya know I still cant really physically say 'I am asexual'. I hate it because I fully accept asexual people (cause there awsome!) but like being asexual myself I'm finding it hard to accept, I just feel like its weird ,even though I know its not, but for me idk im just like finding it difficuilt to be like 'yup that's me'😅😂 so yeah sorry if I ramble but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice😅😁

• Like 3
Spring.Gan

Sometimes I feel that way too. Maybe we just need more time to figure everything out? 😀

• Like 1

Time is a wonderful thing.

Possibly a silent sounding board of some kind - like a stuffed animal? (Completely serious. I once spent fifteen minutes ranting at a stuffed penguin named Gabriel over how stupid my classmates are. It felt WONDERFUL.)

• Like 3
Hayis4horses

I think I am most likely asexual, but I'm not gonna fully identify as that until I'm 18 because I'm still young (I know age doesn't matter to some), and it's hard to measure the absence of something (no sexual attraction). :cake: Also, I used to identify as bi for 4 or 5 years, until a few months ago when I found out that there was such a thing as sexual attraction. I thought there was only one attraction and it was like romantic attraction. :wacko: So, I'm kinda hesitant to change my label again, until I'm pretty sure. So, I'm just gonna wait until I am a legal adult. :mellow: And then if I still have not experienced sexual attraction, I will just call myself asexual. Not most likely asexual, not probably asexual, and not maybe asexual. Just asexual. :D

• Like 3
Hayis4horses

@Lissa I saw your 1st post. Welcome to AVEN! Have some cake! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Thank you very much! I'm glad to be here!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Jazzashark said:

Sorry to change the subject guys😅 But I really could use some help. So basically I'm really finding it hard to except myself and I know that's a normal part of being a teenager but ya know I still cant really physically say 'I am asexual'. I hate it because I fully accept asexual people (cause there awsome!) but like being asexual myself I'm finding it hard to accept, I just feel like its weird ,even though I know its not, but for me idk im just like finding it difficuilt to be like 'yup that's me'😅😂 so yeah sorry if I ramble but I just wanted to ask if anyone had any advice😅😁

I’ve had feelings like this where I don’t want to commit to a label. My advice is kind of the opposite of Hayis4horses. I’d say that if you’re not sure if you’re ace you should try to be confident in your uncertainty. It’s ok to say “I might be asexual” or “I’m somewhere on the asexual spectrum” if that feels like a better fit for you right now. For me personally, when I was finding labels that match how I feel about my identity, it meant so so much to stop and take a moment to remind myself that it’s ok not to know or to be unsure. Life is a process, so just use or don’t use labels based on what feels right for you.

• Like 3
Jazzashark
6 hours ago, Dorothy.G said:

Sometimes I feel that way too. Maybe we just need more time to figure everything out? 😀

Yeah that's kinda reassuring that I'm not the only one. I suppose your right and its gonna take a while😃 Thank you

5 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

I think I am most likely asexual, but I'm not gonna fully identify as that until I'm 18 because I'm still young (I know age doesn't matter to some), and it's hard to measure the absence of something (no sexual attraction). :cake: Also, I used to identify as bi for 4 or 5 years, until a few months ago when I found out that there was such a thing as sexual attraction. I thought there was only one attraction and it was like romantic attraction. :wacko: So, I'm kinda hesitant to change my label again, until I'm pretty sure. So, I'm just gonna wait until I am a legal adult. :mellow: And then if I still have not experienced sexual attraction, I will just call myself asexual. Not most likely asexual, not probably asexual, and not maybe asexual. Just asexual. :D

I like that idea because sometimes I do feel too young even though sometimes age is just a number. I suppose this kinda links to the idea of needing more time to figure it all out😃 But I totally get what you mean because for me I have this little feeling that maybe someday I will feel sexual attraction and then boom I wont be asexual anymore buuut I know that it doesn't happen like that so my brain just needs to shut up😂

5 hours ago, Rosoideae said:

I’ve had feelings like this where I don’t want to commit to a label. My advice is kind of the opposite of Hayis4horses. I’d say that if you’re not sure if you’re ace you should try to be confident in your uncertainty. It’s ok to say “I might be asexual” or “I’m somewhere on the asexual spectrum” if that feels like a better fit for you right now. For me personally, when I was finding labels that match how I feel about my identity, it meant so so much to stop and take a moment to remind myself that it’s ok not to know or to be unsure. Life is a process, so just use or don’t use labels based on what feels right for you.

Thanks, I think ill give this a go because it will make me feel more confident even though I'm not which I suppose is kinda helping break it down into steps😃 I am trying to stop and think about it all quite often and watch videos on asexuality because like you said it's important and to me it helps make me realise I'm not the only one cause I live in like the middle of nowhere where its unlikely there would be another ace for miles and I think will help me feel more confident with the label😅😂 thank you

• Like 1
Jazzashark

Also guys there doesn't seem to be many asexual representatives or like famous people who are out as ace who I can like sorta look up to do you guys know anyone?🤔😃

Spring.Gan

Hello AVEN and fellow aces!😁I’m new to this website and just recently got an account. I’m super happy to be here I just wanted to say hello 👋 

Julia Schwartz

Hi @Metritore! Welcome AVEN and have some cake 🍰 🍰 

So...  does anyone else "forget" sex exists until it comes up in a book/movie/conversation?

AVEN has been a constant reminder to me that 99% of people naturally want to do a thing that I really just don't care about :P

• Like 2
Jazzashark

@Dorothy.G thank you! Ive finally found someone!😂 Gonna do some research I think and those links definitely helped😂😃 I wish there were more people tho😅

• Like 1
Jazzashark
4 minutes ago, StormySky said:

So...  does anyone else "forget" sex exists until it comes up in a book/movie/conversation?

AVEN has been a constant reminder to me that 99% of people naturally want to do a thing that I really just don't care about :P

I feel like I forget that it's what people think about when someone sees a person who they think is good looking. I think that's how normal people work right?😂

Feryn_Hyte
6 minutes ago, StormySky said:

Yup, like I'll just be minding my own ace business, and then like Wham!, someone'll just say something or whatever, and  I'll be like ohhhhh yeahhhh that... I forgot that existed... Oh well *Shrug* ( Forgets that sex exists for like another few weeks ) The asexual lifestyle man...

Spoiler

• Like 1
Feryn_Hyte

@fruoup

Yeah, I kinda felt that way for a couple of years, but eventually I was able to find a group of people who I didn't have to worry about it with because they knew who I was and it has just slowly become something that I don't really have to worry about too much anymore.

dragon_nerd

Welcome to AVEN and Teen Corner @Metritore have some cake

(spoilered for size)

Spoiler

BlackandWhite_WatercolourStarCake.jpg

My advice to anyone who's not sure about calling themselves asexual, a label should fit you like your perfect coat and listen to what your gut is telling you. If you're not sure a label fits, or it only kinda fits it's ok to say "I'm sort-of ..." (or similar) and if you find something that explains  you perfectly, go for it!

• Like 1

Hi guys! I'm Gina, I'm 17, and I'm new to AVEN. Nice to meet all of you!

Hello Gina, and welcome to AVEN!

Hope you like it here - the community is extremely wonderful and welcoming. As is tradition here, I would like to offer you some cake:

Triple-Chocolate-Ombre-Cake-56.jpg

Feel free to hit me up if you ever want to chat. ☺️

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lissa said:

Hello Gina, and welcome to AVEN!

Hope you like it here - the community is extremely wonderful and welcoming. As is tradition here, I would like to offer you some cake:

Triple-Chocolate-Ombre-Cake-56.jpg

Feel free to hit me up if you ever want to chat. ☺️

1 minute ago, TheAP said:

Welcome @Serafino!

@Lissa That cake looks amazing! 😋

Thank you both!

• Like 1