Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Julia Schwartz
30 minutes ago, Aroace_bookworm said:

I still have school through june 28th..... They haven't given us our exam schedule yet, so we're just waiting to get news on that.

Through the 28th?? Omg we get out on the 29th of May 😂

Espadoodle

I get out on the 30th of May, but the 29th and 30th I get out of school early

My school isn't ending for quite a while. My exams start on June 20th. <:-(

Espadoodle
Just now, A.R.B. said:

My school isn't ending for quite a while. My exams start on June 20th. <:-(

Dang 

• Like 1
Hayis4horses
53 minutes ago, Julia Schwartz said:

Through the 28th?? Omg we get out on the 29th of May 😂

Lucky. Our school ends on the 15th of June. :unsure:

Julia Schwartz
1 hour ago, Espadoodle said:

I get out on the 30th of May, but the 29th and 30th I get out of school early

Same, but the 25, 26, and 29th for me

Julia Schwartz
14 minutes ago, Aroace_bookworm said:

Well i'm from Canada, so we probably get out later. When were your first days of school?

August 22 I think? Plus no spring break 

Aroace_bookworm

20 minutes ago, Aroace_bookworm said:

Well i'm from Canada, so we probably get out later. When were your first days of school?

6 minutes ago, Julia Schwartz said:

I started september 5th, with one week of spring break, two weeks for christmas, and may long weekend (I think it's a canadian thing) this weekend, where we have three days off plus weekend

Hayis4horses
6 minutes ago, Julia Schwartz said:

Oh. No spring break. That is sad. :( My first day of school was August 29.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:17 PM, Jean_rose said:

Happy birthday @Miss Who! 🍰 🍰🍰🍰🎂🎂🎂

On 5/15/2018 at 4:24 PM, awkward_one34 said:

@Miss Who 

Generated-Cover-05.15.18-1526419349241.j

On 5/15/2018 at 4:30 PM, (A)yy said:

Happy birthday @Miss Who :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: 

On 5/15/2018 at 4:37 PM, Neutral nerd said:

And happy bday @Miss Who! Have lots of fun and 🍰😁

On 5/15/2018 at 4:39 PM, Cee Fox said:

Hi, I'm new here, but happy birthday :cake:🎈

On 5/15/2018 at 5:21 PM, Espadoodle said:

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY

On 5/15/2018 at 9:08 PM, Hayis4horses said:

Happy birthday! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Thank you!!!

2 hours ago, Julia Schwartz said:

2 hours ago, Hayis4horses said:

Oh. No spring break. That is sad. :( My first day of school was August 29.

2 hours ago, Aroace_bookworm said:

I started september 5th, with one week of spring break, two weeks for christmas, and may long weekend (I think it's a canadian thing) this weekend, where we have three days off plus weekend

Something about starting school at the end of August rather than at the beginning of September strikes me as cruel and unusual.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, fruoup said:

sis denies asexuality is queer.

wait

it is???????

isn't it that there are lots of romantic orientations under the sexual ones???? and there are homoromantic and heteroromantic and biromantic people and so on??

though it makes sense, because asexuals REALLY fall for soul only, and that's what made me doubt my heteroromantic orientation for a few times, like "and what if i fall for a girl once??? and as long as i'm not thinking about sex with her i woldn't care bout the type of genitalias????"

Personally, I'm in final year of highschool and we finish the 8th June. We then have one free week to study, and after that one week where we're taking our final exam for finishing highschool.

We're done by the 22th June, results on 6th July. I hope I'll do well uu

Aroace_bookworm
9 hours ago, Pramana said:

Something about starting school at the end of August rather than at the beginning of September strikes me as cruel and unusual.

Well then they get out in may

History is an important subject. It's not mandatory here though, well, not for the Leaving Certificate.

Julia Schwartz
17 hours ago, Aroace_bookworm said:

Yeah, we definitely don't have a May long weekend 

Julia Schwartz
14 hours ago, Pramana said:

Yep

awkward_pterodactyl

We start August 31 usually, and have short/no breaks (a week for Spring Break, maybe a week for Christmas, a couple weekends in there), but we're usually done with exams in the first week of June. Seniors get out early though, so tomorrow's my last day! :) :blink:

aceofwaves

I get out on June 7th... And graduation is on the 6th of that same month, so I have to go back for a day to get my diploma after graduation.

8 hours ago, fruoup said:

what does the word mean anyway I must not know it’s so humiliating

I assume you are talking about "queer" right? No reason to feel bad, it is a very generalized term and a lot of people might not know the different groups it includes.

To my understanding queer just means anything that isn't straight and/or cisgender. 

"an identity that has been taken back as a word to be more inclusive, incorporating all of the LGBTQIA community (the queer community)"

This is what I found on urban dictionary under "queer" (not the most scientific source, but neither is the word itself lol), which seems to back up my assumption. I mean, the "A" is even included here (and presumably is not meant to be "allies" in this case). Aces should be included, but sometimes they are left out. There are, and have been ever since the recognition of ace people, others who deny the inclusion of asexuals and aromantics into the LGBT+ community for various reasons. Those kinds of aphobic comments might be directed towards heteroromantics because they are "basically straight", but honestly none of their arguments really hold water when they are just excluding a group for the sake of exclusion. Besides, where else do aces fit in if not in the straight community or the queer community? The latter is supposed to be inclusive by nature, and a way for people who fall outside the norm to stand together in solidarity. Not for some to claim a greater level of "queerness" over the rest; it's not a competition, folks.

The only real reason I could see for denying the inclusion of aces would be if the lesbian/gay community used "queer" only to refer to themselves specifically, since that's where the initial use of it came from (most often derogatory, of course), and perhaps they would want to reclaim it for their own. But the way that the word is used today encompasses a lot more than the L and G in LGBT+, so why not let it be a blanket term?

P.S. Sorry about your sis telling you that. I would think she'd understand the struggle, since bi and pan people tend to be treated the same way by gay members of the community...

averytaryn
1 minute ago, fruoup said:

I feel cool I saw school film fest. film students are real mellow

That's neat. My older brother is a film major in college

Julia Schwartz
1 hour ago, averytaryn said:

How are y'all doing today??

I'm really stressed actually. Our state writing competition is tomorrow, and my coach thinks that I could actually place! I'm never gonna fall asleep. How's your day going? 

• Like 1