Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

goose_honk
On 5/19/2024 at 4:35 PM, -SUNSET- said:

I’d like to get patches for it at some point in the future! I’m not sure where to get any though. I also would like to get pins to put on it too :3

Also I am feeling a lot better!! I’m a bit tired but other than that I’m doing well

I second trying to make your own patches,a friend of mine mostly uses fabric paint but embroidery ones look really cool too. Same with pins,I’ve made some recently from beer and coke caps,it’s actually not as hard as I thought it would be:]

good to hear

On 5/19/2024 at 5:46 PM, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

https://postimg.cc/gallery/bqk9TYj All finished bookmarks if anyone want to see them all

and the new page specificallyAD121459-FCCC-4-E55-A715-ED8-B03-D013-B7

rad!!! that last ones abrosexual right?

• Like 2
asexual_kitten
12 hours ago, Hurta said:

Aaaaa I love them!

Thanks! Yeah no, they’re not common at all around here :(( the place I went to is the closest to a flea market (but it expands for too many squares and has A LOT of things), and I can’t believe not a single black ring was out for display. I’ll go back and have a look again though, my cousin found one there I just couldn’t find the business he described.

(Also thanks to everyone who said it was nice to see me guys, I just didn’t want to quote you all but I’m grateful for y’all :)))

9 hours ago, Natifftoff said:

Same. I've been searching for a black ring since at least a year or so, but the only cool ones are for men and therefore much to big for my fingers.

I actually wanted to be more active too, but I'm not having a good time at the moment. I'm just sad a lot and despair about everything and everyone. I'm sure it'll get better, but everything is just a bit too much at the moment...

You could also diy a black ring. I've made two different types: one i found some old earrings that are like hoops but look like rings if you take out the needle part and they fit my fingers and I painted one black; the other one i used a key chain ring that is small enough for my finger and wrapped it in black string but you could also paint it black if you want. They're not the highest quality, but they're better than nothing.

@NatifftoffI'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like that. I guess I am too a little. take the time you need to self-care and feel better, and remember that it'll get better and we all hope that you feel better

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs
12 hours ago, Hurta said:

Aaaaa I love them!

Thanks! Yeah no, they’re not common at all around here :(( the place I went to is the closest to a flea market (but it expands for too many squares and has A LOT of things), and I can’t believe not a single black ring was out for display. I’ll go back and have a look again though, my cousin found one there I just couldn’t find the business he described.

(Also thanks to everyone who said it was nice to see me guys, I just didn’t want to quote you all but I’m grateful for y’all :)))

I’m glad you like the bookmarks

1 hour ago, goose_honk said:

I second trying to make your own patches,a friend of mine mostly uses fabric paint but embroidery ones look really cool too. Same with pins,I’ve made some recently from beer and coke caps,it’s actually not as hard as I thought it would be:]

good to hear

Yep last one is abrosexual 

When I posted all the bookmarks on tumblr I tagged all the flags it was a lot. Also if anyone wants a link to my art tumblr lmk?

• Like 3
Bluster kong
1 hour ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Also if anyone wants a link to my art tumblr lmk?

I’d love to see that /gen

• Like 1
-Lexa-
9 hours ago, goose_honk said:

good to hear

That’s a really good idea with the bottle caps. I might try that

• Like 1
On 5/20/2024 at 11:51 AM, Natifftoff said:

Same. I've been searching for a black ring since at least a year or so, but the only cool ones are for men and therefore much to big for my fingers.

I actually wanted to be more active too, but I'm not having a good time at the moment. I'm just sad a lot and despair about everything and everyone. I'm sure it'll get better, but everything is just a bit too much at the moment...

I have actually bought two on the past, one I asked for as a gift and lost (I do still feel bad lol) and one that had a dragon on it, really darn cute, but it broke because I kept wearing it non-stop :((

Also I’m sorry you’re feeling like this! I’m here for you to vent, were you to need it.

17 hours ago, asexual_kitten said:

You could also diy a black ring. I've made two different types: one i found some old earrings that are like hoops but look like rings if you take out the needle part and they fit my fingers and I painted one black; the other one i used a key chain ring that is small enough for my finger and wrapped it in black string but you could also paint it black if you want. They're not the highest quality, but they're better than nothing.

@NatifftoffI'm sorry to hear that you're feeling like that. I guess I am too a little. take the time you need to self-care and feel better, and remember that it'll get better and we all hope that you feel better

Huh, I might have to check those tips out! Thanks!

TheMostColorfullBlobs
4 hours ago, Bluster kong said:

ahh your art is so pretty! I’ll be sure to follow you (unless you don’t want me to)

Following is fine, I wouldn’t have shared the link if it wasn’t (there’s a reason I didn’t send a link to my secret blog™ yk)

and thanks! It means a lot to know someone likes my art

• Like 4
TheMostColorfullBlobs
3 hours ago, asexual_kitten said:

Your art is great!

Thanks that means a lot

16 hours ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Following is fine, I wouldn’t have shared the link if it wasn’t (there’s a reason I didn’t send a link to my secret blog™ yk)

and thanks! It means a lot to know someone likes my art

If I had tumblr I’d follow you, since I don’t I just checked you out. Really cool art you’ve got going on there!

TheMostColorfullBlobs
58 minutes ago, Hurta said:

If I had tumblr I’d follow you, since I don’t I just checked you out. Really cool art you’ve got going on there!

Thanks

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs

Hey anyone able to talk? I forgot my headphones at home today and I need a distraction 

TheMostColorfullBlobs
1 hour ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

Hello newbie number 1

asexual_kitten
1 hour ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

Welcome newbie!

3 minutes ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Hey anyone able to talk? I forgot my headphones at home today and I need a distraction 

sure

TheMostColorfullBlobs
6 minutes ago, asexual_kitten said:

sure

Thanks

i don’t really know what to talk about 

asexual_kitten
17 minutes ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Thanks

Well, how has your day been? If you want to talk about that

2 hours ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

Hey newbie!

1 hour ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Thanks

If you still need someone, I’m here too. We could talk about books or tv shows or movies or music? Idk you let me know and I’ll ramble on jajaja

TheMostColorfullBlobs
1 minute ago, Hurta said:

Hey newbie!

If you still need someone, I’m here too. We could talk about books or tv shows or movies or music? Idk you let me know and I’ll ramble on jajaja

Well, rn I’m relisting to parts of the Steven universe soundtrack

2 minutes ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Well, rn I’m relisting to parts of the Steven universe soundtrack

Haven’t seen the show and definitely haven’t heard the soundtrack, but do tell me a bit of what it’s about/what songs you’re listening to! Would love to hear (well, read) about it

-Lexa-
6 hours ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

Hello!

5 hours ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Thanks

I know you sew things

so can I ask a question?

So if I make a shirt that’s button up how should I do the neckline? Because I’m making one right now and I don’t feel like making a proper collar, so do you think I could just do like a smooth sloped neckline? I don’t know, I guess do you have any general neckline sewing advise?

10 minutes ago, -Lexa- said:

I know you sew things

so can I ask a question?

So if I make a shirt that’s button up how should I do the neckline? Because I’m making one right now and I don’t feel like making a proper collar, so do you think I could just do like a smooth sloped neckline? I don’t know, I guess do you have any general neckline sewing advise?

I know the question’s not for me, and I know nothing about sewing, but there’s a thread on sewing somewhere on the forum, in case you’re interested.

-Lexa-
14 minutes ago, Hurta said:

I know the question’s not for me, and I know nothing about sewing, but there’s a thread on sewing somewhere on the forum, in case you’re interested.

That is a good idea, I might check it out:)

• Like 1
goose_honk
On 5/21/2024 at 5:28 AM, -Lexa- said:

That’s a really good idea with the bottle caps. I might try that

if you end up doing it I’d love to see how they turn out!!

also there’s a few ways to go about making them so it’s def worth it to watch a couple videos(I skipped that so mine are more square than I’d like)

8 hours ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

ELLO NEWBIE

• Like 1
chillbro258
8 hours ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

hi welcome to aven!

allhailtheglowcloud
11 hours ago, Comrade_Ron said:

I'm here I guess 

Hi and welcome to the forum!

10 hours ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

Ahhhh that's so annoying... 

-Lexa-
6 hours ago, chillbro258 said:

hi welcome to aven!

Hello 

TheMostColorfullBlobs

I have a field trip today/vvvvvvpos

• Like 5