Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

Clara Oswald
3 minutes ago, ChocolateCandle said:

Dang! It took me four months to read little woman (449 pages) and you can read over 1000 in four days. That’s genuinely insane.

And I read Les Mis in two days over summer vacation last year.

Perks of having no social life I guess.

• Like 2
-Lexa-
59 minutes ago, Sadem said:

Hello.

So. I went to the library last Friday and finally got my hands on some books.

"Loveless", "Radio Silence" and "Solitare" by Alice Oseman, plus "Leah On The Offbeat" by Becky Albertalli (I recently read "Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda" by Becky Albertalli).

I read over half of "Loveless" on Friday, finished it on Saturday (433 pages).

I read the whole "Leah On The Offbeat" book on Sunday (339 pages).

My class went on a fieldtrip today, so I got to read for almost 6 hours. I started "Radio Silence" in the morning. Just finished it, we're not back yet (403 pages). 

Alltogheter, that's 1175 pages in four days.

I'm so happy.

Starting "Solitare" tomorrow.

(On a side note, English isn't my first language.)

Those were all such amazing books! That sounds like such a fun list to read! 
(also when I read those I was on an emotional rollercoaster and I didn’t even read all those at once) but that sounds amazing!:)

• Like 1
Sadem
1 hour ago, Sadem said:

Hello.

So. I went to the library last Friday and finally got my hands on some books.

"Loveless", "Radio Silence" and "Solitare" by Alice Oseman, plus "Leah On The Offbeat" by Becky Albertalli (I recently read "Simon VS The Homo Sapiens Agenda" by Becky Albertalli).

I read over half of "Loveless" on Friday, finished it on Saturday (433 pages).

I read the whole "Leah On The Offbeat" book on Sunday (339 pages).

My class went on a fieldtrip today, so I got to read for almost 6 hours. I started "Radio Silence" in the morning. Just finished it, we're not back yet (403 pages). 

Alltogheter, that's 1175 pages in four days.

I'm so happy.

Starting "Solitare" tomorrow.

(On a side note, English isn't my first language.)

!Spoilers!

I liked "Loveless"  better than "Radio Silence". It's kind of bizarre how different two books from the same author can be. 

I mean, "Radio Silence" was so, messy. Like, so much drama, and hurt, and feels. Aled was way different than what my image of him was. So stupid. But also baby, must protect. And brainiac. I literally yelled "What the hell!" when Aled's mom came to his university when they we're rescuing Aled. Like WHAT THE HELL YOU MONSTER OF A WOMAN. I wanted to punch her SO BAD.

"Loveless" was so lovely. I could relate a lot to Georgia when she was discovering and coming to an understading about her sexuality. There were so many diverse characters with different personalities. Sunil was my absolute favorite. It was also messy, but way less dark and more light.

I have never understood how people sucumb to peer pressure. Like, why would somebody drink or do something else just because a bunch of randos your age do it and also pressure you to do it. Like, no thanks.

• Like 5
asexual_kitten
5 hours ago, Natifftoff said:

I have a Latin exam tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I'm prepared and anything, but Latin is always a wild cart because I don't know how the text we need to translate is going to be. So I'm still nervous. 

Hey newbie! I knew him from LOTR too, also from Titanic... 

Good luck! I also take Latin and actually enjoy it, but I get that it can be hard and very confusing especially with texts.

• Like 1
Sadem
44 minutes ago, ChocolateCandle said:

Dang! It took me four months to read little woman (449 pages) and you can read over 1000 in four days. That’s genuinely insane.

The thing is, I had to read "Hamlet" for school recently, it took me 2 months, even though it was barely over 200 pages, if that. Also had to read "King Oidipus" for school. Barely 200 pages, couldn't bring myself to read more than 15 pages.

I love reading YA literature, especially in English, but give me a book I'm not interested in, don't vibe with or don't understand, at it's torture to read it and takes me a ton of time to finish, IF I even finish it.

• Like 4
TheMostColorfullBlobs
On 5/4/2024 at 7:19 PM, Bluster kong said:

Those are rlly good!! I can’t get anatomy right for the life of me 

I can’t either, I just do what looks about right

but if you ever wanna see my poorly drawn guide to how I do bodies lmk

• Like 2
Natifftoff
6 hours ago, asexual_kitten said:

Good luck! I also take Latin and actually enjoy it, but I get that it can be hard and very confusing especially with texts.

Thanks! I like Latin too. And my teacher is amazing. It's just. Well. Exams. 

• Like 1
Bluster kong
15 hours ago, Sadem said:

The thing is, I had to read "Hamlet" for school recently, it took me 2 months, even though it was barely over 200 pages, if that. Also had to read "King Oidipus" for school. Barely 200 pages, couldn't bring myself to read more than 15 pages.

I love reading YA literature, especially in English, but give me a book I'm not interested in, don't vibe with or don't understand, at it's torture to read it and takes me a ton of time to finish, IF I even finish it.

same, last year I reread the hunger games trilogy + prequel about 5 times but every other book I tried to read was a complete slog 

10 hours ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

I can’t either, I just do what looks about right

but if you ever wanna see my poorly drawn guide to how I do bodies lmk

Yea I’d like that! I also just kinda do what looks right but if I stare at my art too long then nothing looks right lmao 

• Like 1
Bluster kong

Rant bc I’m pissed !! (tw for stuff relating to religion and church in case any of y’all are sensitive abt topics like that)

Spoiler

so last sunday at church the priest said something VERRRRY iffy during his homily. He pretty much implied whether intentionally or not, that people with OCD can’t love properly or some crap like that. Technically he only said “obsessive compulsive” and not ocd but. Those are the same things even if you don’t tack on the disorder part at the end. I’ll paraphrase but he basically said “what if the person you love is obsessive compulsive? Even if they say they love you their actions don’t.”

so obviously that’s an insane thing to say?? Especially because it’s the exact opposite for me (someone with ocd), I love the people I’m close to so so much but I don’t like to say it so I try to show it through my actions. So that felt like being told that I’m a terrible unloving person. Like geez ok I already overthink everything and doubt everything and doubt reality but aight let’s add that onto my list of anxieties.

But it gets betterrrr because it’s not just me who has ocd, it’s my entire family. And when they sent a detailed polite email saying that it was a hurtful thing to say and he shouldn’t say things like that he only responded with a very short message barely acknowledging anything and not apologizing, yippee. Wow what a welcoming environment, this is definitely what Jesus would want!  /s

So now I got no clue what I’m even gonna do, I’m an altar server there, basically one of the only ones and I really don’t want to keep doing it if people are gonna be treated like that. But at the same time idk if I’m just being petty or something. This isn’t even the only time something like this has happened, this church has a very good track record of ignoring neurodivergent people despite prattling on about how everyone is welcome. Sorry for ranting so much I’m just really pissed about all of this

on a lighter note I now have a Louie pikmin profile pic as you can see and I think it’s beautiful lmao

DragonWithAQuest
20 hours ago, -Lexa- said:

I just had my first AP exam this morning, it turns out that they’re a lot easier when you’re not currently having a mental breakdown so that was good. It actually went surprisingly well all considering.

Jealous. My AP exam yesterday went horribly.

Sadem

Just finished reading "Solitare" by Alice Oseman.

What the hell did I just experience.

I've been staring blankly at a wall for the last 5 minutes. This book was a borderline sci-fi horror story.

Like. What. Huh?

10/10 would not recomend.(Just my opinion though)

I'm in literal shock.

• Like 2
-Lexa-
1 hour ago, Sadem said:

I've been staring blankly at a wall for the last 5 minutes. This book was a borderline sci-fi horror story.

Like. What. Huh?

I'm in literal shock.

That is actually a really good description. That is basically what happened to me every time I read it. I just happened to like it, I don’t know what it says about me that I actually really liked it but yes. Can I use that description whenever I describe solitaire to my friends? Because I feel like you’re every correct 

Sadem
21 minutes ago, -Lexa- said:

Can I use that description whenever I describe solitaire to my friends? Because I feel like you’re every correct 

Feel free to do so, I think it captures the story's essence pretty well.

• Like 1
asexual_kitten
4 hours ago, Sadem said:

Like. What. Huh?

I'm in literal shock.

honestly that is a good way to describe it. I really liked it but then again horror is one of my favorite genres so...  I think I also liked it because I relate to Tori a lot, but I get that that book is a lot different from her others

6 hours ago, Bluster kong said:

Rant bc I’m pissed !! (tw for stuff relating to religion and church in case any of y’all are sensitive abt topics like that)

Hide contents

so last sunday at church the priest said something VERRRRY iffy during his homily. He pretty much implied whether intentionally or not, that people with OCD can’t love properly or some crap like that. Technically he only said “obsessive compulsive” and not ocd but. Those are the same things even if you don’t tack on the disorder part at the end. I’ll paraphrase but he basically said “what if the person you love is obsessive compulsive? Even if they say they love you their actions don’t.”

so obviously that’s an insane thing to say?? Especially because it’s the exact opposite for me (someone with ocd), I love the people I’m close to so so much but I don’t like to say it so I try to show it through my actions. So that felt like being told that I’m a terrible unloving person. Like geez ok I already overthink everything and doubt everything and doubt reality but aight let’s add that onto my list of anxieties.

But it gets betterrrr because it’s not just me who has ocd, it’s my entire family. And when they sent a detailed polite email saying that it was a hurtful thing to say and he shouldn’t say things like that he only responded with a very short message barely acknowledging anything and not apologizing, yippee. Wow what a welcoming environment, this is definitely what Jesus would want!  /s

So now I got no clue what I’m even gonna do, I’m an altar server there, basically one of the only ones and I really don’t want to keep doing it if people are gonna be treated like that. But at the same time idk if I’m just being petty or something. This isn’t even the only time something like this has happened, this church has a very good track record of ignoring neurodivergent people despite prattling on about how everyone is welcome. Sorry for ranting so much I’m just really pissed about all of this

on a lighter note I now have a Louie pikmin profile pic as you can see and I think it’s beautiful lmao

that's awful. You're not being petty, they really shouldn't be saying that stuff. You don't have to keep being an altar server if you don't want to. Again, that is really messed up

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs
10 hours ago, Bluster kong said:

same, last year I reread the hunger games trilogy + prequel about 5 times but every other book I tried to read was a complete slog 

Yea I’d like that! I also just kinda do what looks right but if I stare at my art too long then nothing looks right lmao 

So uh, it was mostly just a little bit on how I draw fat people because I see a lot of people do it very wrong and it bothers me (I’m fat, tend to be using my own body as a reference. So it’s by no means a comprehensive guide)

but yeah here’s some stuff I drew in the middle of the night once

https://postimg.cc/gallery/d1phZ0M

• Like 7
allhailtheglowcloud
6 hours ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

So uh, it was mostly just a little bit on how I draw fat people because I see a lot of people do it very wrong and it bothers me (I’m fat, tend to be using my own body as a reference. So it’s by no means a comprehensive guide)

but yeah here’s some stuff I drew in the middle of the night once

https://postimg.cc/gallery/d1phZ0M

Ohhh that's so cool! You're so good at drawing

TheMostColorfullBlobs
8 hours ago, allhailtheglowcloud said:

Ohhh that's so cool! You're so good at drawing

Thanks

• Like 1
DragonWithAQuest

Anyone here and up for chatting?

TheMostColorfullBlobs
8 minutes ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

If I had seen this a few minutes ago I could have

but my lunch ends in two minutes 

sorry

DragonWithAQuest
Just now, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

If I had seen this a few minutes ago I could have

but my lunch ends in two minutes 

sorry

Don’t worry you’re fine.

Natifftoff
18 minutes ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

Don’t worry you’re fine.

I'm here right now, so if you still want to talk...

-Lexa-
2 hours ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

I can talk now if you still want to

asexual_kitten
2 hours ago, DragonWithAQuest said:

I’ll be free for a bit if you still want to talk but I have a track meet in a bit and I’ll have to leave

Sadem
34 minutes ago, asexual_kitten said:

I’ll be free for a bit if you still want to talk but I have a track meet in a bit and I’ll have to leave

Timezones are WILD.

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs
1 minute ago, Sadem said:

Timezones are WILD.

What time is it for you

also I just got out of school, would love having someone to talk to for the next 2 hours well I’m on the bus

Natifftoff
2 minutes ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

What time is it for you

also I just got out of school, would love having someone to talk to for the next 2 hours well I’m on the bus

Would love to, but I'm heading to bed right now, it's pretty late here. 

TheMostColorfullBlobs
1 minute ago, Natifftoff said:

Would love to, but I'm heading to bed right now, it's pretty late here. 

Fair enough. We should all try to talk more on weekends or something, when timezones are easier to maneuver around 

• Like 2
-SUNSET-
50 minutes ago, TheMostColorfullBlobs said:

What time is it for you

I would offer to talk but i really need to be writing an english essay

i’m so excited for summer because i wont have to worry about school and i might try to be more active here for once

also side note but i just now realized your pfp is sapphire from steven universe (i just watched SU for the first time ever like a month ago)

• Like 1
TheMostColorfullBlobs
7 minutes ago, -SUNSET- said:

I would offer to talk but i really need to be writing an english essay

i’m so excited for summer because i wont have to worry about school and i might try to be more active here for once

also side note but i just now realized your pfp is sapphire from steven universe (i just watched SU for the first time ever like a month ago)

Yep. And my boyfriends is Ruby 

• Like 3
TheMostColorfullBlobs

I am getting started (again) with geocaching and I’m excited!!

I last did it with my dad when I was like 6 so this is practically a new experience 

• Like 6