Teen Corner

LeChat
Message added by LeChat,

Hi, there, everyone.

Let's all, please, remember the TOS about being respectful towards other members, each others' different viewpoints, etc. without swearing at each other, vigilante modding (i.e. ordering other members around), etc.

Just a friendly reminder that if there is/are a post(s) that concern you, that the TOS mentions notifying Admods for help through PM or AVEN's report system.

Thank you.

LeChat,

Welcome Lounge, Announcements, and Alternate Language moderator

I HAVENT BEEN HERE IN TWO YEARS AND THE TEEN POPULATION HAS EXPLODED I AM SO HAPPY!

• Like 2

This is my first time on teen corner even though I’ve been on AVEN for quite a while so I’m just saying hi to all the other teens on AVEN. Hiii :lol:

• Like 1
dragon_nerd

Hi to all the new people, and welcome back to those returning! 

@Julia Schwartz BC stands for Before Christ (so 0BC is the year Jesus was born, I think, it could be the year before...) 

As for my stance on history I enjoy the really ancient stuff, Ancient Egypt by far being my favourite time period, and yes, I know it lasted for 3000+ years but it's really interesting to see how the mythology and society changed, particularly after the various intermediate periods! Unfortunately they don't teach that in school <_< Honestly, I learnt more from the Kane Chronicles and His Majesties Dragon than my History GCSE about how to respect history and learn from it. 

Julia Schwartz
4 hours ago, Jean_rose said:

This is my first time on teen corner even though I’ve been on AVEN for quite a while so I’m just saying hi to all the other teens on AVEN. Hiii :lol:

Hiii!

Hii @Espadoodle !  Hurray for the dog and don't worry about being awkward :D  And hi to you to @Jean_rose !

Tbh with you guys; I gotta say I don't understand anything of your AP Calculus and everything x')))  You make a difference between Maths ? We just learn stats, trigonometry, geometry, functions and everything one after the other.

It seems reaaaally different from France and I don't understand any of it. Like the advanced classes. Everyone in the same "section" have the same maths/science classes here for the most part. Only change is that you choose an "option" in finale year of highschool and you've got 2 more hours of maths or physic/chemistry or science where you learn things outside of the basic programm. But I don't think that counts as "advanced class", not the extent you talk about

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPINESS

JOY

CINNAMON ROLLS

CAKE

• Like 3
dragon_nerd

Happy birthday Miss Who!!! :cake:

• Like 1

Ooooh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!  Have some cake ;DDD  🍰

• Like 1
Julia Schwartz

Happy Birthday Miss Who! Enjoy your pastries 🎂🎂

• Like 1
averytaryn
3 hours ago, Miss Who said:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPINESS

JOY

CINNAMON ROLLS

CAKE

Happy birthday!!!

• Like 1
averytaryn
1 hour ago, nelpogrando said:

Is anyone else in the Northern hemisphere counting down the weeks until the end of the school year? I'm so ready to be on summer vacation.

Me! I am! I want school to be DONE

Julia Schwartz
2 hours ago, nelpogrando said:

Is anyone else in the Northern hemisphere counting down the weeks until the end of the school year? I'm so ready to be on summer vacation.

Meee it's finally warm here and we're still stuck in school for exams

• Like 1
5 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

Happy birthday Miss Who!!! :cake:

5 hours ago, Leilamy said:

Ooooh, HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!  Have some cake ;DDD  🍰

3 hours ago, Julia Schwartz said:

Happy Birthday Miss Who! Enjoy your pastries 🎂🎂

2 hours ago, averytaryn said:

Happy birthday!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Miss Who said:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPINESS

JOY

CINNAMON ROLLS

CAKE

Happy birthday @Miss Who! 🍰 🍰🍰🍰🎂🎂🎂

Neutral nerd
11 hours ago, dragon_nerd said:

@Julia Schwartz BC stands for Before Christ (so 0BC is the year Jesus was born, I think, it could be the year before...)

When it was mentioned, the topic was math in which it means something different than what you're thinking. A, B and C I am pretty sure are different types of calculus in order of difficulty (i haven't done it yet and am not 100%, if I'm wrong please correct me!). AB calc has the 2 easier sections, while BC has the 2 hardest sections and is more fast paced. But in terms of history, yes that's what b.c. stands for. 

And happy bday @Miss Who! Have lots of fun and 🍰😁

2 minutes ago, Neutral nerd said:

Can I delete posts?

You can PM a mod to have them remove the posts.

Neutral nerd
12 minutes ago, TheAP said:

You can PM a mod to have them remove the posts.

Ok, thanks. Just my phone randomly glitched, then I discovered I had a question to ask. Convenient. 

Espadoodle
10 hours ago, Miss Who said:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPINESS

JOY

CINNAMON ROLLS

CAKE

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYY

awkward_pterodactyl
12 hours ago, Leilamy said:

Hii @Espadoodle !  Hurray for the dog and don't worry about being awkward :D  And hi to you to @Jean_rose !

Tbh with you guys; I gotta say I don't understand anything of your AP Calculus and everything x')))  You make a difference between Maths ? We just learn stats, trigonometry, geometry, functions and everything one after the other.

It seems reaaaally different from France and I don't understand any of it. Like the advanced classes. Everyone in the same "section" have the same maths/science classes here for the most part. Only change is that you choose an "option" in finale year of highschool and you've got 2 more hours of maths or physic/chemistry or science where you learn things outside of the basic programm. But I don't think that counts as "advanced class", not the extent you talk about

At least at my high school, we have a series of math classes (foundations of algebra, algebra I, geometry, advanced geometry, algebra II, FS, FST- functions/stats/trig, AP Stats, AP Calc AB) and then you take a test before you enter to place in a class (I tested into Adv. Geom) and you go from there. There's some choice, like between advanced/geometry, FS/FST, and AP Stats/AP Calc but you mostly follow through. We don't have tracks or programs, we just have categories of classes by year that everyone takes. So each year you take that level of English/math/science and there's usually an advanced or honors option if you want to take a more difficult class. There's also AP or Advanced Placement classes and dual credit classes that you can take, which are very difficult but at the end of the year you can take a test for college credit. There are a few optional fine arts, technology, and gym classes if you want to add them, or you can have a study hall. You basically just fill in your schedule with that year level's classes, and each year you need a certain amount of social studies/math/science/English credits so there's not much choice. I sometimes wish we had the track system so we could choose what kind of classes we took :/

(Hope this helped? A bit?)

In other news, all my AP exams are finally done! I took one ahead last year so I only had four but they were brutal. Some weren't that bad, but AP Calc was so long and stressful and AP Physics C just killed me. Do you guys do senior exam exemptions at all? I'm so glad that I don't have to take other exams, even though I still have a lot of tests and projects. Still... I have three days left of high school!!!!!!!!!!........ what am i going to do with my life

• Like 2
Hayis4horses
13 hours ago, Miss Who said:

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY

HAPPINESS

JOY

CINNAMON ROLLS

CAKE

Happy birthday! :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

AP testing followup: Finally finished all AP exams, hooray!!!!!!

How was Calc for those of you who took it? I think I maybe got a 3 lol. I was not confident at all, but I want to say I did decent enough on the multiple choice that it will counteract my leaving three of the FRQ's blank :0

Spoiler

DdQE6iPUQAAjO91.jpg

• Like 1
averytaryn

Everyone having to deal with AP/IB Tests, im happy for you all being done with them!!

• Like 1
Aroace_bookworm

If you're allowed food during the exam, eat the same food while studyig that yu wwlring  theexam. Your bran will assoccate the fod with the memory. Good luck

Aroace_bookworm
On 5/15/2018 at 8:10 AM, nelpogrando said:

I still have school through june 28th..... They haven't given us our exam schedule yet, so we're just waiting to get news on that.