• 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • Over 70

This poll is closed to new votes

Jennyanydots
J'ai 26 ans. But I look like I'm 18. :)

Me too!! :D

Evidently we drank the elixir of youth and I'm not giving the recipe away.

Am wondering whether we all look younger than our ages? Yet another wonderful byproduct of being asexual...

Could be... maybe we get less sun damage because we're not as vain and probably don't go tanning as much. Just a speculation, of course. Poll, anyone?

BTW, I'm 30 (okay, 31 in a month or so), and I just got carded for smokes yesterday. :lol:

Jennyanydots
BTW, I'm 30 (okay, 31 in a month or so), and I just got carded for smokes yesterday. :lol:

Congratulations, spinsteriffic! I think maybe Jael L is right with connecting our pure lives to our youthful looks! He he he!

Jael - I'm 58 going 59, and look/act(as in physical capabilities& capacities) younger. Nothing to do with purity, everything to do with the strange mix of hormones I have/that make me- me, she said briskly-

• 2 weeks later...

On september 29, 2005, I will be HALF A CENTURY OLD!

So I am well along on my wisdom gathering journey, but not quite there yet.

Can't wait to be considered wise enough for people to believe I'm raising a ruckus ON PURPOSE!

Love,

Mom

Yo Mom! You share a birthday with a good friend of mine...I think you would enjoy the company even more however, of a better friend of mine who will be 63 this coming 25th September - whoa! what that woman doesnt know about wisdom, intelligence, life in general *and* ruckus-for-the-sweet-hell-of-it, is hidden under an ant's claw- cheers!

Ugghhh . . . . I'm 47 - feel like I should have used "Mom_2" as my username. I'm definitely old enough to be the mother of many of you "kids" here. Someone mentioned that the ages might be skewed because of internet usage, and I think that's very likely the case. (Especially if you could see my mom with her computer - yikes!)

Anyway - SpockMom, you are awesome. I'd love to meet you in person. We seem to share the same sense of . . . irreverence? I was once told by my supervisor that I wasn't serious enough. I almost said 'thank you', which would only have proven his point. :wink: Hence the quote below . . . .

Blue

I guess I never actually mentioned my age here. Well I'm nineteen now and I look ... yeah you guessed it, nineteen! Before now I just wanted to halt my aging, but now I just want to be twenty. Though I think I will forever feel too young, because no matter how old I get the people older than me will never be my age!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I'm surprised, too...especially by the under-20 crowd...I thought that'd garner one of the lower percentages. Cool!

I'm 17...and if you want to get ostentatiously technical, 17 1/2 in 10 days. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I am teh 13. No, seriously. *hides*

But most of the people who I only know on the Intarweb think I'm much older than that. It probably has something to do with my mad grammatical skills and razor sharp wit. :lol:

Wow, so most people here are under 30? That's a pretty young crowd.

It would almost seem that a younger age is related to asexuality, since AVENites are statistically so young. However, on page 4 of Bogaert's famous report, we read just the opposite:

Contrary to prediction, a younger age was not related to asexuality. In fact, asexual people were slightly older than sexual people. This result does not give support to the idea that many asexual individuals are "presexual" or in an early developmental stage prior to adult-oriented sexual attraction. Thus, although adolescents and some young adults probably vary in their awareness or experience of first sexual attraction (with a variety of social and psychological circumstances and biological aspects contributing to such awareness or experience), it would seem that most of the asexual individuals in this sample probably had had enough time to encounter the necessary circumstances to initiate sexual attraction experiences. Either they did not want to enter into such circumstances because of their asexual natures, or they had passed a critical age window beyond which these social and psychological circumstances were no longer sufficient to initiate sexual attraction to others. (emphasis mine)

Therefore, perhaps the young age of AVENites may just be due to the fact that young people are more likely than older ones to be active on the internet. :?

An interesting thought, anyways.

Kelly :wink:

a 46-year-old virgin

I'm 33 but feel much older.

Hopefully, i'm aging well. When i was 25 i was mistaken for an 18 year old *beaming with pride*.

So that means i should look like a 26 year old now. Fantastic. :mrgreen:

Archived