• 13-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • Over 70

This poll is closed to new votes

I've BEEN to Coronation Street and walked it's streets...err, street!

Myes.

And I went down some crazy victorian street.

yey Granada!

I don't look or act my age either.

Chronoligically 32.

Aesthetically 20 (at most).

Mentally...ummm...I'll get back to you on that.

41 for another 2 months.

I am defiantly enjoying being in my 40's even though society dictates that I should be feeling slightly past my prime.

Well...Physically....I'm 22 (only by a few day! humph!)

But...mentally...well...You guys know me...

I'd say i'm anywhere between 3 and 11 at any given moment.

7 seems like a good number. Why not?

*Goes to play on "IT" on the jungle jim!*

I realized recently, thanks to some data provided in another thread, that I am actually 42 (in base 13). I am tha answer to life, the universe, and everything!

boa

I like how a lot of the older folks on this board say that people think they are a lot younger.

I'm 33 but when people play the 'guess my age' game with me they usually say that I'm around the 27 years old mark. I certainly don't complain that people are shocked when I say I'm over 30. 8)

Not sure if Liver and Artemis agree as they have seen me in the flesh a few months ago but since then I've been doing quite a bit of running and lost a fair bit of weight. On top of that I have not eaten meat for over two months (and don't particuarly plan on doing so any time soon) I will have to say that this is the fittest I've been since I was in my teens, despite my heavy cold/flu thing I'm just getting over.

I've never been a smoker and always been a bit of a footballer and of course have had little sexual contact. I wonder if looking young could be linked to the Asexual life? Here hoping! :)

Colin

Bumping this thread up for the new members.

Cate

I turned 21 last july and I must say that this age is really fun.

It's wierd tho because people usually say I look anywhere from 16-19. So ya buying liquor is always interesting because the cashier ALWAYS doubts that I am of age.

I also grow little facial hair, which may explain things. I shave once every two weeks or so...maybe my parents forged my birth certificate.

It's interesting, I am so young, that I feel as if anyone over the age of 25 or so is part of a different world or something. I can't imagine holding a conversation with someone so much older than me...comfortably. Then again, I can hardly do that with my peers...

But yes, I am very young, in experience more than years.

Hey Youami! 'sick of getting older'? Dont ever be! The alternative - is not a good option - kia ora, Islander9 (who, by your standards, is really really reeeally old.) 8)

I've never really looked my age-by the time I was 13 I was 5'10" tall and since 15 I've been able to pass for 20+. Now I'm 26 and I get carded at the beer store regularly. Go figure. I like getting older too...Yay-only fifteen more years to menopause!

I'm 55 - old enough to know better, but not too old to stop enjoying life :)

Brian

I've never really looked my age-by the time I was 13 I was 5'10" tall and since 15 I've been able to pass for 20+. Now I'm 26 and I get carded at the beer store regularly. Go figure. I like getting older too...Yay-only fifteen more years to menopause!

Lucky ;p

My mom is over fifty and she still hasn't gone through menopause yet. This isn't looking so good for me....

I have found that getting older hasn't changed me as much as I thought it would.

Maybe because I refuse to grow up?

All of my peers from school seem REALLY old to me now, but then all of them have children ... or even grandchildren! I think being a parent makes most people get older sooner, mentally speaking.

I feel closer to younger people for the most part, and I definitely don't ACT my age, nor would I ever want to.

-Greybird

I'm 42. Which is, of course, the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. (No, I don't know what the Question is.) :D

But I've known for a very long time that I have virtually no sex drive. I even sought medical input on the subject when I was about 20 years old. My doctor gave me a physical, including a complete blood workup, and found nothing wrong that would account for a lack of sex drive, so he referred me to a psychiatrist.

After talking with the psychiatrist for a while, he drew a bell curve on a piece of paper. He explained that the curve represents the sex drive for the population. Way over at the far right of the curve was the people who had very strong sex drives. The main part of the bell was the "normal" part where most of the population was. And way over to the left, people with low sex drives. He said there was nothing wrong with me, it simply seemed that I was at the low end of the bell curve. He also suggested that my not being distracted by sex would have its advantages. He was right. :)

An Anatural Virgin

I haven't been with AVEN for even a week yet - OH AGE WIZE! NOW I GET IT. Ooops!, Sorry, "Blonde is not Just Another Hair Color."

I said I got it. Didn't say I was telling. :wink:

No, no - naw, I guess I can tell - In my "Past Life" as a homosexual this simply wasn't done -. One never asked such a question and expected the actual truth before. We celebrated birthdays - not sure we knew how old each of us was. One hadda lie well of course, one thing to be older - another to hear the titters behind your back. You never opened yourself up like: "Well how old do I look?" - pain was the only answer in that direction. Except for the JustOldEnough "tweeny boppers" in the Gay bar bathroom doing something that they "had by way of naive youth thought had never been attempted before in the History of mankind". We'd applaud appropriately, their tender egos,..."But can ya do it with your clothes off?" Someone would ask aloud - that was usually enough for cheeks to turn reddish.

Well, while those under a certain age couldn't care less - one's over a certain age never told when asked directly unless checking adult consentuality and NEVER by a "child of tender years" (under 25 looking) - then usually some little drugged and blitzed brat (this one was and did) would say something marvelously endearing to the Dowager Queen of the roost we were reveling in on one occassion - "Can't count that high?"- Like in Aliens - fangs and claws came out faster than a beaneaters fart in the wind - stud earrings pulled clean out no blood - with one hand, hair flew, real, otherwise or even not on their head - shitty night for the whole bar. "Queenie Love" when apparent sorrow was required would burst into tears - we'd all make nice - which only proves Darwin was correct even inside of gay bars. The Strong survive until they get older or dress better. Especially when our exaulted celebrity was merely crying into her fake decollatage to see how far she need reach for his neck to snap it. Too many eyes for things more sharp. All done during an Absolutely Fabulous All-Nite Carnival. Sacriledge!

We just didn't want our drinks spilled - so we walk pushed, walk pushed, walk pushed to the other side of the bar (we aren't queenie types) But ya pay dues to the one buying always. She was rich as Croesus. If our Grand Dame wanted someone "put out" that night for a real reason - well, we weren't stupid, we let the 25+yo guys with the strapping bods take care of it - hell, we were just visiting via invite. But if they needed help - they never got past us. Past us that is since in front of us the GlamLady's had pointy shoes and if their entertainment show was over - the nails hadda come off anyway. Ya didn't mix it up with their on-site celebrity - DQ - and that's not Dairy Queen. Gays throughout History, but coming to actually wanting rights Stonewall happened, us, then younger, then young and now - this youngest generation that "Came Out" before they climbed outta the crib. Parents love them to death - go out and buys them a car for being so honest and loving of anyone in this heinously cruel World. Then put them in therapy for decades to screw 'em up. Resentment flares now and then when they don't show respect for those who've spent time in jail, the hospital, hookin' in bathrooms, or as in this case on stage - since they no longer HAVE to to make some living lieing to themselves and others waking up one day as the Governer of New Jersey. The Dowager Queen is one of the first. Greenwich Village - The Place - we all got The Photo. She's got part of THE brick wall in her loft. Was rather fetching in her prime actually. We tended, at that time, to like and respect the Dowager Queen a little more than the youngsters who just discovered Calvin Klein made more than silk disco shirts and Wahlberg was a rapper called Marky Mark.

Too bad the Queen and the Upstart didn't realize they had more in common than otherwise. He's dead from crack and she's cracked in the head probably over someone asking how old she was. "Nature's First Green is Gold" - she told me that - or was it Anne Bancroft? True the young want to burn it up and spend their youth - others will need be dragged (pun not-intended) into the grave kicking and screaming. Age was death. Men became little oinkers (and I say this with love and understanding as I am one) at their first full shave of real beard and pigs no matter what kind or flavor of homosexual you are - even since AIDS - one day one woke up turned into a dreaded "Troll". (yeah, from the original Star Trek episodes) No specific age really - couldn't pay but a stoned out druggy for sex and that's if they didn't turn ya for your wallet whole.

And here I am - like an express train to hell - shootin' like prunes through a sick ducks ass towards - oh, wait up. I can't remember one thing I actually got that was any good outta that whole gay climate. Could call it a "scene" I guess - drama whether it found you or you walked in on it. Sex WAS love. Sad. I mean for others who'll take they're lives, leave off this mortal coil never in love or being loved - some pretty much all their lives - others are in loving relationships and have been through thick and thin together. Not much sex anymore really - but who does 20 vs 50 years old?

I'm 41 years old and 42 in less than a month. It's not the age - though I admire the young men and ladies here that question earlier in life - it's how mature or learned I'm now about myself and that I'm learning I have way more to offer and want in the World sensually than any world I've been in sexually. I have many locked chests of interests really I want to open up and do things with. Depressed since I don't know how old - what I was doing wasn't who I was inside. I should think to do something special this year for my Birthday. Maybe I will. (Oh, and about that being blonde thing? - well, doesn't really matter does it? I mean when for $4.59 I've been most every color that hair naturally comes in that is - well there was that time I did Goth Black (blackest one can get) and dark shimmer teal on one side and shimmer magenta on the other. Rocky Horror Picture Show when lighters and everything went! (yep, even meatloaf with ketchup!) Now if that doesn't prove my age (see somethings were actually better in well, before, before I got hit with cold meatloaf in the back of the neck - ewww! All in fun - just smelled like ketchup rest of the night!

Be Well, ~~ AAV

Archived