Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

1 hour ago, nerdperson777 said:

I had a blank paper in theatre too.  The professor's idea of invoking our feelings in a scene is to remember how you felt about certain people in your lives.  She told us to write down that person that we want to "undress in our minds".  I said that I didn't have one and she said that I could fill it out later.  Another one was for who would make you melt into a puddle.  I really didn't have anything to write down other than I just want to make my friends happy and do things for them.

I would have gone with the sun and 40C(104F) weather, which has been scientifically proven to  be above the melting point of the average Canadian.

• Like 7

Current favorite ace moment: so there's a fellow ace in my Welsh class (!!!!) and since it's a very small beginner class we keep getting these very basic questions like "How are you?" "Do you have any hobbies?" "What's your phone number?" "Do you like kids?" and the sort of running joke in the class is that we're really just getting ready for Welsh speed-dating... and in the meantime my friend and i are sitting at the back of the room giving each other the Look and asking the teacher how to say "I have fifty-seven cats" and "I don't have a phone". I will have SO many comebacks prepared if anyone ever tries to hit on me in Welsh.

• Like 12
nerdperson777
2 hours ago, Kereth said:

Current favorite ace moment: so there's a fellow ace in my Welsh class (!!!!) and since it's a very small beginner class we keep getting these very basic questions like "How are you?" "Do you have any hobbies?" "What's your phone number?" "Do you like kids?" and the sort of running joke in the class is that we're really just getting ready for Welsh speed-dating... and in the meantime my friend and i are sitting at the back of the room giving each other the Look and asking the teacher how to say "I have fifty-seven cats" and "I don't have a phone". I will have SO many comebacks prepared if anyone ever tries to hit on me in Welsh.

I have another theatre moment for that.  Two people take turns describing something factual about each other OR repeat what the other person said about themselves.  So Person A may be wearing a purple scarf.  Person B: You have a purple scarf.  Person A: I have a purple scarf.  You have a green sweater.  Person B: I have a green sweater.  You have a green sweater.

That didn't make sense when I did the activity, but when people ran out of things to describe, one group did "you have eyes.  I have eyes.  You have a nose."  The professor said that it was like dating and trying to find something in common.  Why yes, I do have eyes, thanks for noticing.

• Like 5
8 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

Sometimes people still do things, like watch bad shows, even if the content is bad.  Sorry. 

No worries, I do that too. I also watched BBT and stopped just one year ago. Sometimes even bad shows are funny, but I just couldn't bear it anymore.

19 hours ago, Ankh-Morpork said:

Did you get any troubles or were you able to explain your lack of response?

Fortunately, no. It was anonymous. The teacher collected the pieces of paper and only opened them in the front at his desk.

But also sadly, no. If he'd noticed it, I would have had to explain and more people would now know about asexuality. (Now that I'm thinking about it, I'm really curious if he'd even "believe" in asexuality. He did say being sexually attracted to other people is a biological instinct...)

• Like 3
Lotta_Biscotti
On 11/13/2017 at 12:03 AM, Pixley said:

OH MY GOD I SWEAR I HAVE TOLD MY DOCTORS THE SAME EXACT THING. I have told them that it would be biologically IMPOSSIBLE for me to be pregnant, being a VIRGIN and all. And yet they still test me for pregnancy and STDs. *sigh*

In fact, I've literally told my gyno before that I already knew that my STD panel was going to come back negative and she said, "Alright! Good for you!"

I knew she was just trying to be nice, but I couldn't help thinking: "It's not THAT big of a deal. It's pretty easy to avoid STDs when you have NO interest in the S." 🤣

I had to have MRIs and get surgery for a major problem I had. I got asked so many times if I was pregnant, and they kept insisting I take a test. So eventually I defaulted to the following argument and took it with me the rest of the way. "It is literally impossible for me to be pregnant. I'm asexual (and usually I have to stop here and explain), and I'm a celibate virgin with fertility problems. You would have to believe that a supernatural being mysteriously appeared in the middle of the night, made me fertile, and then had sex with me without my consent, if you want to try and tell me I'm pregnant. There is no one on this entire planet that I've been with. Is it really necessary to waste my time, your time, and my insurance's money?" I found that they give up, and no one has been rude to me all once I explain that I'm ace and what that means. They're just like, "Wow.... oookay." I did have to sign a form at one point saying Nope, I'm Really Not Pregnant, I Promise.

I was surprised at how chill med people were on the topic once I gave them a verbal wall-of-text.

• Like 5

In sixth grade we were supposed to do an exercise and say what we found attractive in a woman we were supposed to do it in pairs, I did it with my one friend and we both had no idea what to write and when what we said was gatherd there were these two things people said one said long legs and another said short (or shorter than the male) and I just immagined this female who was about 1,6 meters tall with a really really small upper (basically nonexistent) body.

• Like 5

I work in customer service, my dept is all hetero females. We’ve come up with code words to describe annoying kids (code 13), annoying adults (code 45) and attractive men (code 19). Im not out as ace and aesthetically attracted to men so I go along with it. Today a man came in that my coworker found particularly attractive and she out of the blue turned to me and said that we should change our “code 19” to “code cake” because that guy was so attractive she wanted to eat him up like cake.  I couldn’t contain my smile and just said, “ I agree, I love cake” :cake::cake: 

• Like 13
ChickenPadSeeEew

Family member: "You have to check out your brother's new bike. It's sexy."

Me: *stares at the hunk of metal*

Me: "Yeah, I don't even find PEOPLE sexy. The motorbike's got no chance."  

• Like 16
On 11/12/2017 at 9:31 PM, nerdperson777 said:

Going to double post here.

Ace and/or trans thoughts about getting a professional massage (that I just got and got home right now):

-This seems really weird that I'm going to undress down to my underwear in the dark for someone (most likely a woman) to touch me intimately.

-There was one part where she told me turn over and I got really self-conscious about my chest so I hesitated.

-While she massaged my arm, my hand touched her boob/bra.  AHH AWKWARD.

-Okay she saw my moobs, but didn't say anything about it.

-(Right now) If I didn't slouch, I probably would've had less noticeable moobs..

Well I liked my massage anyway.  I'll go again for my birthday.

I was in a wedding last winter and for the bachelorette party we all got massages. I guess I could’ve refused but I didn’t want to seem mean. I was so nervous. I complained to friends and coworkers and they didn’t understand why I was so worried. They said massages were wonderful. But the thought of someone touching me all over creeped me out. And this woman touched me everywhere. I have to admit it was nice but it’s not something I ever see me doing again. 

9 hours ago, ChickenPadSeeEew said:

I think the motorbike has more chance of being seen as sexy, at least where I'm concerned. I've referred to cars as 'sexy' before. I don't think I've ever used that word for anything else.

Still nothing sexual there though.

• Like 4
Hermit Advocate

I actually like massages. Granted I've only ever gotten them from girls. I don't know if I would be comfortable with a guy giving me a massage. My physical therapist was a guy but he was only working on my foot when I tore a ligament so it wasn't that uncomfortable. 

@ChickenPadSeeEew I agree with @miau, I'd be more likely to see a motorcycle as sexy than a person. 

nerdperson777
18 hours ago, ChickenPadSeeEew said:

@Anthracite_Impreza

1 hour ago, Hermit Advocate said:

I actually like massages. Granted I've only ever gotten them from girls. I don't know if I would be comfortable with a guy giving me a massage. My physical therapist was a guy but he was only working on my foot when I tore a ligament so it wasn't that uncomfortable. 

@ChickenPadSeeEew I agree with @miau, I'd be more likely to see a motorcycle as sexy than a person. 

My male university coach was learning Traditional Chinese Medicine and is now a licensed masseuse. He gives us, his students, a big discount on all his services, massages, private lessons, etc. Sometimes he even gives us massages at hangouts if he sees someone who needs one. I'm usually too afraid to ask for one unless a lot of us are, because I'm not sure if he's going to charge us for them. He learned to elbow a few sensitive spots, which he said makes the massaged person make sounds they would make during sex. He mentioned talking to this one girl when massaging her boyfriend. "Does he make THESE sounds?" *elbows a pressure point in the neck* Her reply was yes, and more. He was weirded out and stopped joking. 

• Like 1
ChickenPadSeeEew
2 hours ago, Hermit Advocate said:

:lol:

It's true I've got no interest in bikes/cars/etc. So maybe that's part of the problem? But the word 'sexy'... What does it mean, and what does it mean when applied to a bunch of rubber and metal? I don't know! I don't find people sexy, so I can't apply it to a motor vehicle...

• Like 2

I don't find people sexy and don't really have any idea what it should entail, but I seem to find curves sexy. when applied to a design object that is - a car or a kitchen appliance for example - and not so much in a human. The curves I find fascinating in humans are: calves, because I just like the shape the muscles create, and the collarbone - and I do mean the bone itself. Have you seen a picture of it? The way it curves and twists? Mother nature's brilliant design. It's beautiful!

So, if I am looking at someone's legs or chest I am probably not thinking what you would expect. And I am perfectly capable of barely noticing the person attached to the collarbone. 😉

• Like 3
On 11/15/2017 at 1:36 PM, ChickenPadSeeEew said:

Uhh, yes, it's weird how everything has to be "sexy" nowadays, it seems to have replaced "interesting"... Like when they call soemthing "mediasexy"... From past news I remember that even government dossiers have been known to be "sexed up"!! Jeez...

On 11/14/2017 at 6:38 PM, Tintenfeder said:

He did say being sexually attracted to other people is a biological instinct...

Yes, I've often come across that attitude too...

• Like 2

I have to get regular deep tissue massages partially due to constaint pain, partially for that oxytocin drug.  Its not awkward at all, and not a sexual situation.  I always feel 100% better after my therapist works on me.  I recommend finding a tharapist and sticking with them to take out a good deal of the getting naked on a table with a total stranger thing (you'll always be covered.)

Also say massage therapist, massuse connotates unprofessional/llegal activity.

I ride motorcycles every day full time in Washington State, motorcycles are the closest thing to sexy I can think of.  I can see the redline every time I look at a bike.  I chase the redline when I'm riding.  Imagine experiencing rage and serenity at the same moment, that is life at 150mph.   I see sensory overload.  I see the best feeling one can experience.  I see danger, mastery, and skill.

• Like 1
nerdperson777
12 hours ago, miau said:

I don't find people sexy and don't really have any idea what it should entail, but I seem to find curves sexy. when applied to a design object that is - a car or a kitchen appliance for example - and not so much in a human. The curves I find fascinating in humans are: calves, because I just like the shape the muscles create, and the collarbone - and I do mean the bone itself. Have you seen a picture of it? The way it curves and twists? Mother nature's brilliant design. It's beautiful!

So, if I am looking at someone's legs or chest I am probably not thinking what you would expect. And I am perfectly capable of barely noticing the person attached to the collarbone. 😉

- Ask an ace what sexy means, this strange conversation. 

Since I don't even experience aesthetic attraction, it doesn't help. I had a clear cut factual definition as what I thought sexy was. When women show cleavage was sexy, what I learned from society. Then after middle school, there was a trend of guys wearing unbuttoned shirts lower and lower. I thought, that's a sexy guy then? Please excuse my cis binary language, these were my thoughts before knowing what I do now. 

1 hour ago, GenuinetheDude said:

Also say massage therapist, massuse connotates unprofessional/llegal activity.

Didn't realize that connotation. 

• Like 3

So in my choir people were asking, "If you woke up as a boy what would be the first thing you'd do?"

And I'm like, "Sing in bass clef!!"

And everyone else says... sexual stuff :/

• Like 11
4 minutes ago, StormySky said:

So in my choir people were asking, "If you woke up as a boy what would be the first thing you'd do?"

If I woke up a girl I'd go shopping for the appropriate goods and clothes, then probably go through the motions like everyone else.  I'd get manicures and pedicures (I do anyways, I like my nails looking nice,)  and other activities that are generally gender exclusive.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, GenuinetheDude said:

and other activities that are generally gender exclusive.

Which activities are generally gender exclusive?

• Like 2
Just now, Ankh-Morpork said:

Which activities are generally gender exclusive?

For women getting nails done, going to a salon and getting a very expenseive high quality haircut with colors and highlights, wearing makeup, going to dancing classes or cooking classes.  I suppose the novelty would run out fast tho.

1 minute ago, Ankh-Morpork said:

Why not try them now, if they are interesting activities? ;)

I hang with a very hypermasculine circle of male friends.

I present as a white hetero male, I wouldn't go out of my way to change that, as sadly you get a ton of cool advantages.

• Like 1

Trying to write romance and or sexual arousal be like:

writers-memes.jpg?w=249&h=130

And unexpected sex scenes in media have me like: 

• Like 9

@GenuinetheDude I get it. Better miss some stuff that might not be that great for you anyway than feel uncomfortable. I was just interested in your reasons. :)

1 hour ago, StormySky said:

1. Figure out where the body I was born with went.

2. Drink my morning tea

3. Cheer about not having to wear a bra.

• Like 12