Something you hate that everybody else likes?

Crazycrazycultist

The list could go on, but here's my top five! 

-Most modern pop music

-Coca Cola and Pepsi - I just don't like the taste/color! 

-Starbucks coffee 

-Sports

-Reality shows, sitcoms, basically all the popular stuff on TV right now! 

J. van Deijck

Crunchy food.

Iced coffee and chocolate flavored coffee. Like I love chocolate and I love coffee, but the combination always tastes horrible to me. And iced coffee... just why? No. Scalding hot with some creamer is just fine. You don't need all the extra sugar and flavors involved. :P 

Eating different kinds of meat together like bacon burgers...or chicken and shrimp pasta.

Microwave ovens 

Miri (מירי)
11 hours ago, Sean_Bird said:

Boku no hero academia

I've never watched it but honestly I don't think I need to. It sounds... not up my alley. 

everywhere and nowhere
On 12/6/2020 at 2:49 PM, Miri (מירי) said:

Coffee. I think it's disgusting. 

Similar for me, although I wouldn't say "disgusting". I just dislike the flavour.

And also alcohol. I absolutely hate the taste, and whenever I can see or hear drunk people, I know fully well that I'm not at all interested in this kind of rausch. I don't want to use substances which make you stupid or change mood without any cognitive value (so, all psychoactive substances except the very poles of psychoactivity: very mild stimulants such as tea on the one end and psychedelics on the other). And when I express it, some people say that they "feel sorry for me not being able to enjoy alcohol". :angry:

Argh. I obviously feel similarily offended whenever someone "feels sorry" for my asexuality. I don't even think that they actually feel sorry, they are rather trying to say that as the Majority, they have a right to say that my sexuality is Inferior...

Not that I don't realise that not "everybody else" likes coffee, alcohol and sex. It's just that the majority's view is common enough to be privileged and considered Obvious, and a lot of people for some reason - obscure to me - don't see the value of people being diverse and not liking the same things... Including sex - the world would be a much worse place if everyone was straight, or even just if everyone was allosexual...

• Like 3
On 6/25/2020 at 8:04 PM, Alejandrogynous said:

Boba/bubble tea. Someone please explain to me how solid tapioca balls shooting up your straw to potentially choke you at any moment while you're drinking is supposed to be enjoyable?

Seriously!  But I love milk tea.  I just hate it when I forget to tell them (or they don't listen when I say) I don't want the boba.

Also...meat.  I'm a vegetarian mostly because I hate the taste of meat.  Also, mushrooms.  Super cute to look at, but they taste too strange to me.

Music by: Ariana Grande, Meghan Trainor, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber, Elton John...and some others I probably forgot (I don't hate them all, but I dislike them)

The shows Friends and Fleabag.  Much more annoying than funny.

• 2 weeks later...
bertiewooster

I hate raunchy comedies.  I don’t find them funny in the least.  I also don’t like potty humor.  It’s so aggravating.

I never got into the long-running anime/manga series (except Case Closed/Detective Conan/Meitantei Conan).  I read Naruto and One Piece in my Shonen Jump issues when I subscribed as a teenager, but I had this weird thing where I’d read EVERYTHING in those and in the comics, even if I hated it, haha.  Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball Z.  It’s like...get to the point already.

I love Inuyasha, though.  Recently rewatched it and while it had a lot of filler, I still give it a [chef’s kiss] out of nostalgia’s sake.

J. van Deijck
On 12/6/2020 at 10:26 PM, theV0ID said:

Steak

This.

J. van Deijck

Watermelon.

Despite being a Star Wars fan 

Spoiler

I think that all of the films are overrated (well OT since plenty of people hate the other 2 sequels). What made me fall in love with Star Wars are the games and books.

For whatever reason I dislike the taste of oranges.

AroaceScriptette

I hate Harry Potter (books and movies) or to be honest most fantasy things like vampires, zombies in movies or shows. 

I live in the UK and I never dared mention that I did not like Harry Potter. Not liking it was the equivalent of reminding the teacher there was homework due ahaha 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 8:17 PM, AromanticScriptette said:

I hate Harry Potter (books and movies) or to be honest most fantasy things like vampires, zombies in movies or shows. 

I live in the UK and I never dared mention that I did not like Harry Potter. Not liking it was the equivalent of reminding the teacher there was homework due ahaha 

I liked it when I was younger, but I've moved on to other SFF- Ursula Le Guin, Tolkien, etc.  To me, staying attached to stories from your childhood to the exclusion of other fiction feels like spending all your time in a video game in the "easy encounters" zone on the map when there's a whole world to explore.

(Not to mention the author's transphobia, but that's another issue.)

I dont understand the appeal, and the obsession with others reproductive organs is odd. 

If its covered by a shirt and pants it is probably grosse. 

• Like 1

Don't really like Marvel, DC, or Harry Potter. REALLY never understood the Harry Potter obsession.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
J. van Deijck

Mangoes, watermelons, melons, pumpkins, cucumbers etc. Their taste makes me gag :mellow:

Avocados, some songs that would play on the radio cause they were popular but I don't remember the names of them, steak, mushrooms, olives, kisses (not talking about the chocolate), grease (the movie), Les Misérables (the movie), and spicy chips

• Like 1
On 1/1/2021 at 7:17 PM, AroaceScriptette said:

I agree, Harry Potter is boring.

Many high carb foods apparently. I’ve been eating low carb/keto (not for weight loss since I’m already thin, but I still have my reasons) and it hasn’t been that hard for me. I already haven’t been eating bread or pasta on a regular basis for a few years now.