Something you hate that everybody else likes?

Crazycrazycultist

Asterion Orestes
On 6/7/2020 at 8:55 PM, Crazycrazycultist said:
On 6/7/2020 at 1:07 AM, Ortac said:

Coca-Cola. Or any cola. I dislike all sweet fizzy drinks, but Coca-Cola I particularly dislike. It's a horrible, vile, sickly substance.

Football, and football culture (or soccer as it's called in the USA). I wouldn't go to see a football match even if you paid me. 

I can say the same about Dr. Pepper! And, sports in general!

Actually I prefer Dr. Pepper to the usual colas--as a mixer, of course. As for sports, the older I've grown, the less interest I seem to retain.

This apparently all that remains of my reply, which I tried to edit to include responses to several posters. For some fathermocking reason only the last part survives. Curse this bloody damned clumsy system!

Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Rick and Morty, and I just can't like stuff like Family Guy or South Park...

And all of the following too:

On 6/7/2020 at 3:07 AM, Ortac said:

Coca-Cola. Or any cola. I dislike all sweet fizzy drinks, but Coca-Cola I particularly dislike. It's a horrible, vile, sickly substance.

Football, and football culture (or soccer as it's called in the USA). I wouldn't go to see a football match even if you paid me. 

Same goes with Pepsi, it's just the same thing made by a different brand.

On 6/6/2020 at 5:22 PM, Moonman said:

Coffee. It doesn't seem to matter where I buy it from or what kind of coffee I have, it just tastes horrible and makes me feel really on edge.

On 6/21/2020 at 4:00 AM, Una Salus Victus said:

Ha, I'm sorta surprised no one's mentioned sex yet.

And for one that wasn't mentioned yet, and probably because I don't know anyone else in this world (There is one certain person that I suspect sharing this with me but it's not confirmed) who dislikes it: Garlic.

I'd better stop mentioning things right here...

Probably minions... (Shudders in disgust)

• Like 1

- Family guy, Sesame street (muppets of any kind. F*****g dolls!), Spongebob, f.r.i.e.n.d.s,  seinfeld (most pop-culture shows) 

- Onions!

- Zombie movies. Don't get me wrong I love horror but Zombie stuff is just blergh.

- Pancakes.

- Electric toothbrushes.

- The brand Smeg.

- Bacon.

- ...meat in general... is not that great...

Crazycrazycultist
On 6/21/2020 at 3:46 AM, Asterion Orestes said:

Actually I prefer Dr. Pepper to the usual colas--as a mixer, of course. As for sports, the older I've grown, the less interest I seem to retain.

This apparently all that remains of my reply, which I tried to edit to include responses to several posters. For some fathermocking reason only the last part survives. Curse this bloody damned clumsy system!

I used to like Dodgeball, though!

Crazycrazycultist
4 hours ago, DuskFire said:

Probably minions... (Shudders in disgust)

I HATE THEM!

• Like 2
Crazycrazycultist
1 hour ago, FeichtKatze said:

- Family guy, Sesame street (muppets of any kind. F*****g dolls!), Spongebob, f.r.i.e.n.d.s,  seinfeld (most pop-culture shows) 

- Onions!

- Zombie movies. Don't get me wrong I love horror but Zombie stuff is just blergh.

- Pancakes.

- Electric toothbrushes.

- The brand Smeg.

- Bacon.

There's a brand called Smeg?!

• Like 2
Crazycrazycultist
10 hours ago, Ajdadada said:

I hate all sex scenes and usually all the kissing in movies 

While I'm not the most adverse, I totally know what you mean!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FeichtKatze said:

Bacon.

YES! DOWN WITH BACON! (and meat)

11 hours ago, Yui-Drakon said:

Garlic

WAH! YOU NOT LIKE GARLIC?!

WARIO LOVE GARLIC! THE STINKIER THE BETTER!

WAH HAHA HA!!!

tenor.gif?itemid=13304262

• Like 1

@Crazycrazycultist, yes, Smeg is a Swedish electrical appliance manufacturer 

Netflix 

Disney

Taylor Swift

Big YT Beauty Gurus (I don't hate them but I don't get why they are idolized)

On 6/20/2020 at 6:20 AM, njosnavelin said:

Sports on TV in a bar or pub 

This! Most of the time it's just a sports talk show with no sound which makes it twice as bad. Like watching paint dry.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, daveb said:

Are fans known as smegheads?

Well.., they make coffemakers so I guess they'll turn you into a smeghead😄

• Like 1
Aquatic Paradox

In-depth analysis of plots or anything related to art/entertainment. 

DuranDuranfan

Green Day and Nirvana. Especially when I was  in grade 8. It seemed like everyone liked them and I was the only one who liked Duran Duran. Ugh! They would all give me hell for it.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SkyTuneRein said:

Being ignorant.

Who likes being ignorant? 

1 hour ago, SithEmpress said:

Don't get me started :P

• Like 1
4 hours ago, SithEmpress said:

Just ask the one who lives in a White House in Washington 😋😋

• Like 2
14 hours ago, SkyTuneRein said:

Being ignorant.

I'd probably like a pill to cure my ignorance.

Which ties in with my answer to the main question: using excessively many words to be supposedly more convincing. I find it difficult to read long texts unless they're written by the likes of George R.R. Martin.

Alejandrogynous

Boba/bubble tea. Someone please explain to me how solid tapioca balls shooting up your straw to potentially choke you at any moment while you're drinking is supposed to be enjoyable?

• Like 3
AspieAlly613
4 hours ago, Arodash said:

Cities. Sure it can be fun to go into the city every once inawhile but overall. Hate it. Hated living in a city and was thankful when I got to move back to someplace rural. Cities stink, everything is expensive, you got whackos roaming the streets who try to sell you drugs in  broad daylight. When I lived in Portland my street was nicknamed crack street because EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, PD was there busting dealers, I couldnt leave my home at night even to take my dog for a walk because of the crime in that area, going down an alleyway with no means of self defense? Mugged. You get mugged. But at least our officers where super chill and as helpful as they could be

As someone who lives in the high-crime neighborhood of Asylum Hill in Hartford, CT, I can definitely understand that.  That doesn't mean I have the same preferences, but your preferences make sense.  My neighborhood is only safe 18 hours out of the day (from 6 AM to midnight).  I don't particularly mind the police activity, and it's only happened about 5 times in my 3 years here that someone's offered to sell me drugs.  (I politely declined and each time, they politely respected my drug-free lifestyle).  I've only gotten mugged twice, and both situations were avoidable situations that I know to avoid.  (Once I decided that 3 AM was a great time to send out the mail, and once I continued conversation with someone who admitted to tailing me onto a bus and got off when I did.)

Why do I still live in cities, then?  It's more convenient for a non-driver lifestyle.

AspieAlly613

As for my own post here:  Hot food.

That's not to say that I eat pizza straight from the fridge, but I only microwave it enough to make it warm.  Restaurant food is too hot for me.  I've literally poured cold water into/onto my food to bring it to a palatable temperature.  My heat sensitivity is almost certainly part of my being autistic.