Trans Musings & Rantings

I've been thinking about shaving my legs again, which I haven't done in a couple of years I suppose. I started shaving my armpits again recently. Anything to feel more like myself I suppose, even if sometimes I have no idea what the point is when no one else refers to me as I want to be. :lol:

All I know is, I want to wear my little denim shorts again at the moment. They're high waisted and really short so my legs look lovely and long and my torso appears more in balance. 

On 7/15/2022 at 6:41 PM, Milque Toast said:

umm.. I asked my mum if I could start wearing boxers and she said yeah! 

and I thought "some boxers and a binder" sounded cool. like maybe an album name.. or a tattoo, I'm not really sure.

trans man boy band

• Like 6
Janus the Fox

I body shave frequently these days.  Now more since HRT has smoothed out the skin, it really feels quite natural to have no hair in places that shouldn’t be hairy in my preferred sex.

• Like 2

I think I’m lucky to not be a hairy person generally. No chest or stomach hair and only fine hairs on my arms. Don’t know why I never really developed it there but it suits me.

12 hours ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

yeah about shaving my leags.... I should do that probably. 

just for me. 

idk

I think you'll like it. Nice smooth legs and some fabrics feel lovely against them. :)

Just use plenty of shaving gel, go slowly and apply cream afterwards.

So, I shaved my legs today. Put on an outfit I used to like. Just for home and will never go out in public in such a way ever again lol.

TMI:

Spoiler

I even remembered how I used to tuck so it was pretty easy to achieve again. Does the job.

Broken Doll

I want to buy a binder again

Why am I even questioning my gender all over again and just say things how it is?

/thoughtparty of the day

• Like 4
Alaska Native Manitou

I've thought about myself as non-binary for a long time. Later I refined my self image to genderless/agender. Although occasionally feeling a bit feminine or even masculine, I have no gendered feelings or thoughts most of the time. I was comfortable with the label.

Recently I've inherited the Demi Gender Stream on imgflip. The demigirl who made the stream has left; I was a good enough ally to be entrusted with it. So I'm making memes to attract new members & doing research.

I learned about demi agender. Which kinda seems to fit... after all these years, I have to reconsider my identity now? 

• Like 3

I'll be honest and say yesterday was a reminder of why I stopped exploring my gender identity the last time and it left me feeling terrible and alone. I bagged up all my women's clothes today and I'm getting rid of anything that makes me feel bad.

I really hate being alive.

Sarah-Sylvia
19 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I'll be honest and say yesterday was a reminder of why I stopped exploring my gender identity the last time and it left me feeling terrible and alone. I bagged up all my women's clothes today and I'm getting rid of anything that makes me feel bad.

I did that once, I threw out the girly stuff I had because I was thinking too much about what others would think. I think the most important is us, and being nice to ourselves, whatever that means to us.

• Like 7

Oh, getting rid of all your girly clothes and stuff (brought about by feelings of guilt, disgust, failure, or whatever) is commonly known as "purging". I did that a number of times when I was younger. I found it never solved anything for me and just meant wasting money and losing some things that are irreplaceable (like old photos of younger me dressed en femme).

It's always sad to me to hear others feel like they had to do that, too. :( 

• Like 8
3 hours ago, daveb said:

Oh, getting rid of all your girly clothes and stuff (brought about by feelings of guilt, disgust, failure, or whatever) is commonly known as "purging". I did that a number of times when I was younger. I found it never solved anything for me and just meant wasting money and losing some things that are irreplaceable (like old photos of younger me dressed en femme).

It's always sad to me to hear others feel like they had to do that, too. :( 

I've heard of purging before and know it's supposed to be common.

I bought most of the clothes (and some shoes) the last time I was on this site a few years ago. I wore some of it and never felt comfortable. Trying some again reminded me of that and I know it's time to clear it out now and move on. No point keeping things I don't use/can't use and it's good to have some space back. :)

Just men's clothes for me now.

11 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

Meow!

😺 I hope that's cat for "Yes."

9 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

...I bought most of the clothes (and some shoes) the last time I was on this site a few years ago. I wore some of it and never felt comfortable. Trying some again reminded me of that and I know it's time to clear it out now and move on. No point keeping things I don't use/can't use and it's good to have some space back. :)...

Oh! Well, if you've never felt comfortable, and that's really what you want, then, I hope that makes you happy, brings you peace, etc.

• Like 4
14 minutes ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I know it's time to clear it out now and move on. No point keeping things I don't use/can't use and it's good to have some space back. :)

Just men's clothes for me now.

I’m glad you’re feeling better.

1 minute ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

I didn't say I was feeling better. Things are as they are.

Shoot, sorry! *hugs*

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia

As much as I'd feel like ranting about stuff going on around, I also don't want to keep giving it my energy.

There's sucky stuff, I just want to move on too, find what's good.

• Like 6
17 hours ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

Been there done that, for me it didn't help. Yes, I can bag up my feminine clothes and stuff but I can't bag up the feminine part of myself. As daveb says it's costly, not only in a monetary way.

Maybe you can try to find some middle ground, not the "girliest" stuff but something that could be worn by any gender. I landed in womans pants and ankle boots. Trying to catch a flavour of what I feel like.

So be kind to yourself, you are worth it!

• Like 3

Thanks for the concern.

I've tried the middle ground by wearing women's jeans and tops. It didn't work for me either. I just don't think I need any of it anymore. I felt uncomfortable with all of it. In truth, I think I probably wanted to be have been born a girl on some level but have decided that I don't actually feel like a girl, since none of it felt right.

My head today feels quite confused and there were some tears earlier. Just emotions I'm feeling at the moment and a sense of doom and dread. I've experienced worse but it's still unpleasant.

I feel like I'm being kinder to myself trying to find what actually does work for me and that doesn't involve wearing women's clothes anymore.

Life can be so confusing. Stereotypes have largely lead me here and a lifetime of not feeling comfortable around other males because most of them I don't feel I can relate it.

1 hour ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

My head today feels quite confused and there were some tears earlier. Just emotions I'm feeling at the moment and a sense of doom and dread. I've experienced worse but it's still unpleasant.

Take care and time to explore yourself.

• Like 4
Sarah-Sylvia
2 minutes ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

I should do things. 

Do 'em good

• Like 2

I love all your genders. I'm not very loving towards individual people (aro and all) but it makes me feel great that people are pursuing gender authenticity, and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there or what you try along the way, as long as it's about your wellness and wholeness and respect for your positive and accepting inner voice. 

• Like 8

This question is for someone AMAB.

TMI and involves male bits:

Spoiler

Since the other day when I poked my boys up (if you know what I mean) I've been having a pain in my lower abdomen (right side). The pain is vaguely bearable but not particularly nice. I know no one is a doctor here but someone might have experience of what that pain can be? I do hope it will ease over the coming days. I'm not scared of it but wonder what's causing the pain.

Sarah-Sylvia
1 minute ago, Guybrush Threepwood said:

This question is for someone AMAB.

TMI and involves male bits:

Hide contents

Since the other day when I poked my boys up (if you know what I mean) I've been having a pain in my lower abdomen (right side). The pain is vaguely bearable but not particularly nice. I know no one is a doctor here but someone might have experience of what that pain can be? I do hope it will ease over the coming days. I'm not scared of it but wonder what's causing the pain.

I would keep open to seeing a doctor if it doesn't seem to get better.

Because not sure we can know what that is.

• Like 2
Just now, Sarah-Sylvia said:

I would keep open to seeing a doctor if it doesn't seem to get better.

Because not sure we can know what that is.

I've had it before and it did go, thankfully. I think what I did triggered it basically. At least I'll not ever be doing that again. 

Thanks, I'll consider that as a last resort. I hate doctors.