What's your opinion of the penis?

They're fun to draw, though.

Well, I can't argue with that. I have a very immature sense of humor, in case anybody is wondering.

Oh yeah! At college if I leave my book alone for 5 minutes it's almost guaranteed that someone has drawn a penis on it! :lol:

So you have negative feelings towards an anatomical structure that is part of you? If one is having gender questions I would understand this, however, to hate one's body for other reasons is curious to my way of thinking. Just my two cents.

Hate is a strong word, but I would rather not have one.

SquirrelCat

I'm disgusted by genitalia in general, both the male and the female. And I hate how people judge others based on what's in their pants :mad: How your physical sex defines who you are (and in some cases what you're capable off) it infuriates me...

Seeing an actual penis or vagina on TV makes me feel sick.

But I have to say that for some reason I'm okay with drawn genitalia... kinda strange maybe...

Personally I would wish that there was nothing there... except maybe a hole to pee through.

never odd or even

So you have negative feelings towards an anatomical structure that is part of you? If one is having gender questions I would understand this, however, to hate one's body for other reasons is curious to my way of thinking. Just my two cents.

well i must say they are HIGHlY irritating. look at the shite they cause! men and women alike are plagued by these things between our legs and we can do much about it unless we have the money to mutillate ourselves in sophisticated ways to feel better about ourselves. i think life would be much easier if they didnt exist (in general).... sadly not many share my point of view :rolleyes:

well i must say they are HIGHlY irritating. look at the shite they cause! men and women alike are plagued by these things between our legs and we can do much about it unless we have the money to mutillate ourselves in sophisticated ways to feel better about ourselves. i think life would be much easier if they didnt exist (in general).... sadly not many share my point of view :rolleyes:

That's a great way of putting it and I agree with you 100%. Of course, they are vital for reproduction but they are more trouble than they're worth!

not-errected: cute and a little funny. :blush:

errected: OMG, are you going to kill me? :o

And I´ve always envied boys that they can piss easily almost everywhere. :lol:

They have always freaked me out. I have kept this a secret from boyfriends but yeah.. Ever since the first time I saw one I was like.. "Wow. Uh.. I think I like what I got a lot better than what you got." And testicles COMPLETELY freak me out.

As far as the peeing thing goes.. Yeah, it may be easier for guys but I'm a girl who will pee anywhere if I have to go bad enough. Especially when driving back from a winery and yelling at my dad to stop the car so I can run 20 feet into the desert to go. Ha.

Yeah, I have no shame.

FrozenCherry

I have met only one penis... It was tiny and innocent :lol: But I still gave it to frozen drive... I do not want to meet other penises. I do not want to touch, see or use it. I do not meant this as an insult but I just do not want to hang out with penises.

A Long Time Ago

For me, I don't hate it so much as hate the things it does (especially the fact that to most people, it is the ultimate trump card against me being a woman), though I find it annoying and causes me dysphoria (I'm a transwoman). In addition to it just not being right; it is in the way, makes for a bulge that feels just so wrong for me (especially when I am wearing my skirt around the house). And it does things I hate like getting random erections (which in addition to being awkward, are hard to hide and make the maleness of my body even more obvious). There are a few things, while they don't feel right, that I like such as being easier to urinate just about anywhere and to be able to choose to pee standing up or not but these do not offset the negatives and even though they are positive, they do not feel right. I am somewhat lucky that I do not seem to be very sensitive to pain there so vulnerability hasn't been much of an issue to me. Well, I hope to one day be rid of it and maybe put some of its tissue to better use in making a vagina. Often, I can sort of forget it is there. When I can't, it is usually bad.

On other people, I am rather indifferent to them.

Lady Heartilly

To me, it looks like it should be an internal organ, and the fact that it's hanging out like that just seems awkward. Guys always seem to have to be careful not get it squished when they sit in tight spaces and stuff like that because it's just out there. While I do understand why the shaft part has to be external, I don't get why the testicles can't be tucked inside the body all nice and neat. In fact, wouldn't it be better if penises only popped out when men are having an erection? That way, they wouldn't have deal with them getting in the way all the time when they aren't using them.

Well, all I can say is I'm happy I don't have one.

Inconvenient, except for the peeing part, it would be lovely being able to pee anywhere without having to walk a mile away from everything.

BaronTheCat

I think they are like breasts in a way: They tend to look better with clothes than without them. And they are somewhat unpractical (xcept for peeing).

never odd or even

To me, it looks like it should be an internal organ, and the fact that it's hanging out like that just seems awkward. Guys always seem to have to be careful not get it squished when they sit in tight spaces and stuff like that because it's just out there. While I do understand why the shaft part has to be external, I don't get why the testicles can't be tucked inside the body all nice and neat. In fact, wouldn't it be better if penises only popped out when men are having an erection? That way, they wouldn't have deal with them getting in the way all the time when they aren't using them.

believe it or not, testicles hang outside the body to keep the sperm cool :lol:

I think they are ugly and disgusting .

No offense when I saw one a long while ago I thought " That fugly thing ppl crave to have inside them " :blink:

I've got no shame :rolleyes:

believe it or not, testicles hang outside the body to keep the sperm cool :lol:

and men do have to pee with their penis, so its not the erection that's really the issue. :lol:

The Great WTF

Pepe = "meh"

His two friends = "ugly, often in the way, and too vulnerable to trauma."

I love this comment. So much.

As for my own opinion... as an asexual woman, I have to say they're funny looking and troublesome. I spent an hour pulling glass shards out of my boyfriend's genitals thanks to an exploding cup. Any other reachable body part and he could have done it on his own, but I had to pin him down and remove them because he was too busy whining and writhing in pain. Don't get me going on all the times I've seen him catch it in a zipper or get attacked by my cat.

Matters Of The Heart

I think that penises are penises. They're weird looking, just like those other things that women folk have. But oh well. As long as you keep them contained, don't put them near me, and perhaps even don't remind me that they exist...I'm fine.

MetalGoblin

This sums up my feelings about it:

YES! The greatest comedy group of all time has spoken!

Let's just say I can't imagine having an extra appendage at all; the idea of it completely flummoxes me every time I think about it. I do sometimes wonder what it would be like. But I'm quite happy with not having one, thank you very much. XD

This sums up my feelings about it:

I used to sing that at work to make the others laugh. I was a great supervisor.

Asexy Existentialist

How I feel about penises (and if the testes aren't included in that picture, them too): they're hideous, they ruin the whole male body, they often make men stupid, they're highly impractical outside of sex, and yeah, I don't want something on/near/inside of me that you use to urinate with, thankyouverymuch. And I feel that men enjoy them perhaps a bit too much. That is all.

never odd or even

The penis? The thing's damn amazing!

i knew you'd say something like that!!

Terrifying. It's just so... alien. And horrible to think of it's function and it's workings.

rarely think about it too often

looks a bit like someone has dropped a wet sausage in a bag of carpet fluff..but damm handy for pissing straight and not over your toes

and a little known fact..many women would want a penis..not for sex..but when they are desperate for a piss they can flop it out without having to pull thier strides down and let people see what they are doing

as a pissing tool..I think the penis is pretty much fit for purpose

I can write my name in the snow with my pee. +1 for penises. And,yes, the testicles/scrotum lie outside of the body because body heat diminishes fertility. Interestingly, the scrotum actually lengthens so the testicles can get further away from the body as the temperature rises.

The reason why I ask is because I've always disliked having one. It gets in the way and is therefore sometimes uncomfortable. I would much prefer having nothing there at all (but would never consider sugically removing it, just to be clear!)

I want to hear your opinions, specifically male opinions but all answers are welcome.

I hope I'm not alone on this! :blush:

I never realized a man would feel that way... Anyway, this is not a male opinion, as I'm not a male, but it's just something I don't see as a necessary thing other than for "going to the bathroom" or "making more people." That's about it. I suppose most people would feel differently than I do.

Ged of Earthsea

While we're quoting the greats, here's Randall Munroe.

penises.png

By the way, never odd or even, though the cooling factor may be an explanation, it does not explain why the body evolved that way. There is no convincing reason for why it should be -that- way.

The Great WTF: I can recommend underwear.

A gorilla on the job weighs in at 1.5 inches (less than 4cm).

A chimpanzee goes twice the distance and has pretty large attachments to boot.

Dolphins, discrete as ever, have them tucked behind a slit.

Barnacles may not move, but one part of them does. After getting to 40 times body length.

A bedbug has sensors there to detect recent insemination.

Weevils have one covered in spikes.

We are apparently the best endowed monkeys.

If we had conscious control over erections, then they would be awesome.

The Great WTF

rarely think about it too often

looks a bit like someone has dropped a wet sausage in a bag of carpet fluff..but damm handy for pissing straight and not over your toes

and a little known fact..many women would want a penis..not for sex..but when they are desperate for a piss they can flop it out without having to pull thier strides down and let people see what they are doing

as a pissing tool..I think the penis is pretty much fit for purpose

I love the wet sausage comment... but anyway....

You have a point (and that is something I have considered on more than one occasion. Freud would be proud.), but I really think we should have some kind of dolphin adaptation that lets us tuck it away when we're not using it. Saves a lot of hassle (and probably a few uncomfortable situations.)