What's your opinion of the penis?

The reason why I ask is because I've always disliked having one. It gets in the way and is therefore sometimes uncomfortable. I would much prefer having nothing there at all (but would never consider sugically removing it, just to be clear!)

I want to hear your opinions, specifically male opinions but all answers are welcome.

I hope I'm not alone on this! :blush:

never odd or even

you arent alone there dont worry!

i really dont like genitalia in general. male or female, that general area is the most disgusting part of us, i really dont see whats so good about them.

for what its worth, i think they're more trouble than good!

, that general area is the most disgusting part of us

Thanks for your reply. I think the human body is beautiful and I wish I could like that area. But seeing male of female genitles often makes me feel sick!

I can't help but think sometimes that its design is functional and that for something so important to a species it is rather small and fragile looking compared to other bodyparts.

Pepe = "meh"

His two friends = "ugly, often in the way, and too vulnerable to trauma."

Well, it is part of my body and I would never get it removed. And besides, it is still fun to play with it. :lol: :blush:

And besides, it is still fun to play with it. :lol:

:lol: Well sometimes that can be a problem too!

--

I agree with the others though, the pain aspect is the worst part of having genitals! I hate always having to be on guard from my friends who (for some reason) hit guys in that area way too much! lol

Flying Hazels

The reason why I ask is because I've always disliked having one. It gets in the way and is therefore sometimes uncomfortable. I would much prefer having nothing there at all (but would never consider sugically removing it, just to be clear!)

I want to hear your opinions, specifically male opinions but all answers are welcome.

I hope I'm not alone on this! :blush:

I dislike having one too. I avoid it as much as possible and am quite ashamed of the penis. I would also prefer to not have any genitalia.

I dislike having one too. I avoid it as much as possible and am quite ashamed of the penis. I would also prefer to not have any genitalia.

I'm very pleased to hear (or.. read) that! Thanks! :P

Vampyremage

Penises always looked like little blunt clubs to me. I don't get the appeal of penises any more tahn I get the appeal of vaginas. Mostly they just seem to be rather inconvenient to have, but maybe I'd think differently if I actually had one? I'm with Doctor_Hazel in prefering to have no genitalia.

Having one doesn't really bother me at all. I guess the only time it gets bothersome is during those random blood-rushes while I'm in public...those I could do without -_-

Bleurgh I don't like them and I would never want one.

Missingpieces

I've only ever seen it as a way of eliminating waste fluid from the body.

Males tend to be less at risk of urinary tract and bladder infections, due to the location and shape of their urethra.

I find the way it protects the body quite functional...it's also handy to be able to pee anywhere.

When I realised some of the alternate uses for the penis I was shocked, amused and a little nauseated. Fortunately the I don't tend to get nauseous about it anymore, I just find it odd and unhygienic.

Beyourownspotlight

I have to agree with Hayden, males tend to have it slightly easier if they are stuck somewhere and have to pee -_-

Although considering I don't have one, I can't say that mine bothers me lol :|

Mixed feelings. It's a weird-looking appendage. As for trauma, it's his 2 little buddies that are more prone to that. It is handy for waste elimination and such. And can be pleasurable when handled properly. It can also get in the way other times. I guess what I'd prefer is being able to pull it up inside when it's not in use like male cats do.

I guess what I'd prefer is being able to pull it up inside when it's not in use like male cats do.

Or...

As for how I feel about penises, I'm sexual and I'm pretty indifferent to my own, and to others. Sometimes a nuisance, and sometimes the means to pretty cool ends.

I think some people try to think with it too much.

When walking around naked the whole stuff down there looks a bit silly dangling about and from an aesthetic point of view it kinda ruins the whole picture, you know. Seems like the penis and testicles were sorta slapped on there at last minute...

When it's all big and erect though it's a hell of a lot more impressive. It's all "rawr! look at me!!"

No offense to the males, but I find them quite ridiculous looking. The first time I ever saw one on an adult (not my little brother's when we were kids), I had a serious WTF moment. No one had ever mentioned they basically turn purple when they're aroused. Why had no one ever mentioned this?

weathered fair

I don't care about them. The idea of having external genitals kinda freaks me out though. If you bumped into a door knob you could really hurt yourself.

More a nuisance than anything else, methinks. I feel a detachable cybernetic penis could be much more efficient in the long run

MetalGoblin

I, too, would prefer either no genitalia or detachable genitalia. Honestly, its shape is just kind of cumbersome, though it's less annoying in cold weather.

I guess the only time it gets bothersome is during those random blood-rushes while I'm in public...those I could do without -_-

:lol: I second that!

I think some people try to think with it too much.

That is, unfortunately, very true!

More a nuisance than anything else, methinks. I feel a detachable cybernetic penis could be much more efficient in the long run

That's a brilliant idea! I'd buy it.

I think they're gorgeous and I wish I had one.

Maybe when the surgery is a bit better...

Woman weighing in here!

From an artistic point of view, I actually find them rather lovely in all states. Mostly. I'm a little ashamed to admit that uncircumcised brings the word "flobberworm" to mind, and then there's very undignified giggling in my life drawing classes. From a realistic point of view, I've heard them described as the bodily equivalent of a small, annoying, barely-controllable little dog.

However, I am quite happy to be female, and would not want one of my own (attached to me or to someone else). They're fun to draw, though.

Aesthetically not pleasing IMHO, but more practical than vaginas nevertheless (for urination that is obviously). The only real downside I see is that if you have a (high) libido it's harder for a man to hide it than for a woman if you know what I mean.

MetalGoblin

They're fun to draw, though.

Well, I can't argue with that. I have a very immature sense of humor, in case anybody is wondering.

They're fun to draw, though.

Well, I can't argue with that. I have a very immature sense of humor, in case anybody is wondering.

:lol: Now, do you mean the truly detailed, or the tried-and-true two circles and an arrow?

Plus you get to see how professional the model and your professor are in one fell swoop!

Guest Jay26

So you have negative feelings towards an anatomical structure that is part of you? If one is having gender questions I would understand this, however, to hate one's body for other reasons is curious to my way of thinking. Just my two cents.