A(gender)vengers Assemble!

The Pofessional

Guest_49836

I just wanted to share something about the friend I mentioned, the one who didn't seem to understand what I was trying to tell him about being agender. He still seems a little lost on the difference between gender and bio-sex, but last night he took the time to ask me about my preferred pronouns. It feels like a big step, and I was cheering inside.

Thats great news! :)

Someday people will realize that gender is just a mental concept and maybe (hopefully) stop trying to determine every little dot on these psychological spectrums♡

• Like 1

I just wanted to share something about the friend I mentioned, the one who didn't seem to understand what I was trying to tell him about being agender. He still seems a little lost on the difference between gender and bio-sex, but last night he took the time to ask me about my preferred pronouns. It feels like a big step, and I was cheering inside.

Thats great news! :)

Someday people will realize that gender is just a mental concept and maybe (hopefully) stop trying to determine every little dot on these psychological spectrums♡

Man thats great! I wish my friend would... be less jerky.

I would, too, but I'm afraid the state of the resulting cake would be taken as an insult.

Guest_49836

Congratulations on that success story kitsune! ♥♥♥

Oh, I forgot to add one thing, and I'll do so out of fairness: I have a friend who's extremely open and understanding about sexualities and gender identities in general, who isn't part of the group of friends I mentioned before (they're all people I've met and befriended at my university, though) and they call me their "favourite genderqueer person". So I suppose I also come off as queer on occasion. :lol:

As a side note, said friend is also very much a genderqueer (self-identified!) and probably somewhere on the ace spectrum. They're too shy to partake in AVEN discussion, though :P

Hmm i can see people confusing it for what it really is (to me in any case):

A banner for us to unite under ... relate... stalk... post pictures of pastries. The works xD tell your friend someone on aven said "hi" haha ^^

I would, too, but I'm afraid the state of the resulting cake would be taken as an insult.

No cake will be taken as an insult. Maybe just laughed at.

The Pofessional

AHH! I'm so sorry that I missed all these lovely and exciting stories! Congrats, you guys <3

@SilverKitsune On a side note, I had no idea that you were Italian! And what you say about pronouns is interesting: we don't really have third gender pronouns in English either except maybe "they", but that's usually a plural pronoun (which you probably know), what's the plural equivent in Italian?

Guest_49836

I like making the subject of the sentance something that isnt a person and use "you" if possible ^^

But that leads to a lot of sentances with "I" as the subject and makes me feel self conscious o~o

(4.43am.. time for sleep)

A Touch of Insanity

Please don't kill me for the stupid title, I needed a snazzy pun

Okay, so Renaldo has convinced me that we agender and genderless AVENites should have our own little nook. I know there's at least ten of us out there. Somewhere. Basically, we thought it would be awesome to have a group to hang out with and post silly graphics and commiserate and maybe even have silly hat days in TinyChat or baking contests, or whatever else we can dream up at a later date.

Honestly, I have no idea how this is going to go. So-o-o, join us? I have snacks? :^>

Hm. No thanks!

It turned out well and didn't hurt nearly as much as I had expected. Of course, it helps that my piercer is a clean, thorough, and professional person - I wouldn't consider going to anyone else.

Personally, I am very glad that 'they', 'them', 'they're', et cetera can be applied to a singular entity. It sounds far better than 'it', and seems appropriate for a writer. Don't call the men in white coats just yet, but sometimes it feels like I've got a lot of people in here.

Please don't kill me for the stupid title, I needed a snazzy pun

Okay, so Renaldo has convinced me that we agender and genderless AVENites should have our own little nook. I know there's at least ten of us out there. Somewhere. Basically, we thought it would be awesome to have a group to hang out with and post silly graphics and commiserate and maybe even have silly hat days in TinyChat or baking contests, or whatever else we can dream up at a later date.

Honestly, I have no idea how this is going to go. So-o-o, join us? I have snacks? :^>

Hm. No thanks!

oh.... kay?

The Pofessional

@SilverKitsune I expected as much. In Canada we [must] learn French in school, and a lot of the rules are the same: gendered verbs, nouns, etc. It makes sense. Thanks for the cool lesson :-)

@VCat Yess preserve your pretty face~

@Kilo Awesome! So glad you have a good piercer, professionalism can make all the difference

@A Touch of Insanity Thank you for broadcasting your disinterest, can I get you anything else?

5_♦♣

:lol: You're hilarious, Po.

Yet, they were interested enough to post here. :huh:

The Pofessional

Not that I was trying to be mean or anything, but I just get tired of people being difficult? For no reason?

Not that I was trying to be mean or anything, but I just get tired of people being difficult? For no reason?

I think I sat here for about 10 minutes going like "what was the point of that? am i missing something here? I dont get it."

But reading the thread, deciding it wasn't a good fit, and quietly departing would not have gotten them any attention.

The Pofessional

Oh yeah that's Oran (Ouran? Ranranran? Rin Tin Tin?) High School something something, right?

And thanks for finding that stuff!

I should... Go to bed now.

ObsessedWithCats

I'm not sure if agender is quite what I am, but it's fairly close in a lot of ways, and I couldn't resist dropping in after seeing Haruhi.

*waves* Hi all.

It's Ouran High School Host Club. The first anime I ever watched, it's really good and the manga's even better. Kyouya's a bit ace when he's not pretending to be interested for club reasons too.

• Like 1
A Taste of Harmony

@Po*: Yep, I've studied French in high school, it's very similar to Italian as far as gender goes. Most nouns are also gendered the same way. If you know French grammar well enough, you'll have the general idea of what Italian grammar is like, too :P

Also, let's lift some spirits with this agender awesomeness I've found on the web today:

transTees.jpgtumblr_mjw8nqauVM1s2vc8po1_500.png

Also this:

tumblr_med05vWzjJ1rmuvx4o1_500.jpg

I happen to know what this anime is and who the character pictured is. One of the funniest anime characters ever (also, she's pretty much ace)

Awww it's Haruhi!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I love Ouran! ^_^

ParanormalParalysis

Okay, after reading through this thread, there's no way I can address all the running gags in a single post, so I'm just going to say hi. Also, would I be allowed to do past challenges since I wasn't here while they were going on? I need an excuse to post some more, or else I will find myself regretting this and quietly leaving... (Not that I mean to insult you all, I just don't handle social situations well.)

The Pofessional

Happy Father's Day to all of us with masculine roles, or to anyone who identifies as a dad. Though if you have a complicated relationship with your dad, I can hardly fault you.

@ObsessedWithCats Thank you for joining us, it's always lovely to have new faces :-) :cake:

@ParanormalParalysis It's okay, I think quite a few of us are socially averse. Feel free to do any challenge you want, it livens up the thread :-B And don't worry about the inside jokes: we're a little like Vlogbrothers - stick around long enough and everything makes sense, eventually.

Speaking of which, I'll be posting the new challenge later today. AND AS PROMISED - here is a real-life photographical account of what my nose looks like:

709bb092-f4c3-4ec0-bcb8-c0f7a32a745f_zps

(Ooooh rebel~!)

And my challenge photos:

Photo0209_zpsebaa4796.jpg

IMG_1715_zps74285899.jpg

IMG_1714_zps7aa9036d.jpg