National Coming Out Day (October 11th)

+Lee

Hooooly hell it's tomorrow.

I've written my journal and had my sexual BFF proofread and give his approval. I guess I'll post it in the morning before I go to school. Then I guess I just have to sit and wait to see what happens.

I'm wondering if the LGBT group on my campus has anything planned, but I'm not affiliated with them so I haven't heard anything. I think I'll make a point to look for something just to see if I feel up to raising visibility.

...hoooooly hell it's tomorrow.

Post what happened here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/55336-national-coming-out-day-folow-up/

Hooooly hell it's tomorrow.

I've written my journal and had my sexual BFF proofread and give his approval. I guess I'll post it in the morning before I go to school. Then I guess I just have to sit and wait to see what happens.

I'm wondering if the LGBT group on my campus has anything planned, but I'm not affiliated with them so I haven't heard anything. I think I'll make a point to look for something just to see if I feel up to raising visibility.

...hoooooly hell it's tomorrow.

Hahaha yea. I'm nervous too. I also get to work tom.... joy.

pegasusoftraken

Good luck to everyone coming out today/tomorrow (its already the 11th here!)

I'm thinking about coming out as neutrois (and my pronouns) on facebook tomorrow. Adding asexual as well will probably be too much people haven't come across before!

Good luck everyone coming out tomorrow! Make sure to post what happened here: http://www.asexuality.org/en/index.php?/topic/55336-national-coming-out-day-folow-up/

:( In a way I wish I didn't have work tom, only because I work from 12-5, so do I come out before work or after? I'm afraid if I do it before I won't answer questions (if anyone even responds, that is a bit of a fear of mine) in time, but I'm afraid if I do it after not enough people will see.

I know what you mean about having work--I have school tomorrow and I was debating on when to do it. I get plenty of little breaks during the school day where I'll be able to check for responses so I think I'll just post it when I wake up tomorrow (I'm afraid if I put it off that I'll balk and not do it period ><) and that way people will hopefully see it. It's not quite the same in your situation though. :/ I would probably still say before (depending on when you wake up, maybe some hours before so there is a chance for you to answer questions before you leave?) just for the...larger chance of visibility, hopefully.

And I'm also worried about not getting any responses. I explicitly state at the end of my explanation that any responses are encouraged, even bad ones. I want to know people saw it. :unsure: I'd hate to put forth all this time and effort and stress and find out that nobody bothered to read it at all. :/

Good luck everybody!

I know what you mean about having work--I have school tomorrow and I was debating on when to do it. I get plenty of little breaks during the school day where I'll be able to check for responses so I think I'll just post it when I wake up tomorrow (I'm afraid if I put it off that I'll balk and not do it period ><) and that way people will hopefully see it. It's not quite the same in your situation though. :/ I would probably still say before (depending on when you wake up, maybe some hours before so there is a chance for you to answer questions before you leave?) just for the...larger chance of visibility, hopefully.

And I'm also worried about not getting any responses. I explicitly state at the end of my explanation that any responses are encouraged, even bad ones. I want to know people saw it. :unsure: I'd hate to put forth all this time and effort and stress and find out that nobody bothered to read it at all. :/

Good luck everybody!

Good point. I think since I will wake up somewhat early, I will post it before.

I wonder how I can encourage responses....

"Today is National Coming Out day... so I'm coming out as asexual. Please respond and ask questions if you have any."

And I can post more ace things, like a link to AVEN, etc.

Thank you annwyl_cariad for letting me know where to get the black ring.

The LGBT group on my campus made shirts at our last meeting to wear on National Coming Out Day. On mine, I wrote "This is what an asexual looks like." Hoorah for visibility.

Your LGBT group is a right old piece of horrorshow.

I'm actually planning on coming out to someone I'm romantically interested in. :\

Best of luck.

I did come out on facebook to my Sorority Life sisters and other people that I have. I wrote I'm asexual and proud. National Coming Out Day.

carried in bags

i didn't do anything. too late now. oh well. i'll be asexual next year too

I wrote,

I'm asexual, ask me how!

Seriously, since it's National Coming Out Day--if anyone is at all curious about what identifying as asexual means to me, come ask me questions. I'll sit down with you and answer all of them.

as a status update and included a link to AVEN. I did block my family from seeing it, but other than that left it pretty much open season.

Mostly what I got was a bunch of 'likes' and several compliments, though no actual questions, so yay on that front.

Aargh. Chickened out of a status update. Might have another shot today as most of my fb friends are back in the UK.

Ended up adding likes to Aven and Genderfork, but removed them from my wall... so, it's out there if anyone's curious, just won't appear in the newsfeed.

Still debating whether to tell my brother directly, parents already know about the asexual part.

Archived