• Punjabi
    • Hebrew
    • Swedish
    • Sign Language (Any)
    • Portugese
    • Bengali
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm American so I only speak English. Probably should be called American instead. I do know about 10 words in Hebrew and 10 words in Yiddish, and perhaps 10 in Spanish, though.

American English is my main thing. I can understand some British slang and a lot of Mexican Spanish, but put me in Spain and I would be so lost.

pawprint prettysure
i'm also trying to teach myself finnish in my spare time--- finnish is HARD! :/

Why does so many people want to learn finnish? :unsure: It's not THAT cool ;)

English here and am trying to learn Finnish too,and well schizoid can tell you how well that is going ;)

Guest Fosco
American English is my main thing. I can understand some British slang and a lot of Mexican Spanish, but put me in Spain and I would be so lost.

Gawdon Bennet! Can winnie da pooh really? OK?

Who talks like that!? O_o

English and a little French. Latin as well I suppose, though I wouldn't say I 'speak' it.

I also did a conversational Arabic course, most of which I've forgotten, and I'm trying to learn Maori.

Guest Fosco

Who talks like that!? O_o

Del Boy?

It IS THAT cool! Many people like how Italian sounds - Finnish sounds a bit similar (to me), but it sounds even better (IMO)! I mean, I love how many vowels there are. It's a hard language, but it's beautiful. :wub:

Rakastan Suomea ja suomen kieltä!

But then again, I'll kill myself if some evil dictator takes over the world and forces everyone to learn Finnish - it's THAT hard!

I'm only fluent in English, but studied French fruitlessly for eleven years if that counts. I also know some German through my work. When you work for and with native Germans, as well as German software, you kinda pick some of it up after three years.

I have at various points in my life studied Japanese (which is my best-remembered language), Mandarin Chinese, Finnish, Russian and Thai. Thai is one of the most lovely languages I've had the pleasure of studying.. <3 I'm useless at all of these and bad at retaining new languages in general.

strawberry:3

je parle un peu français, but i mostly speak english as it's my original language : P

I only speak English fluently, but I speak enough Japanese to be able to have decent conversations and make small talk.

I speak French and Spanish fluently, and used to have a good English level, but I'm losing it.

uhmmmm

english

spanish

learning arabic and german

more german than arabic...

arabic is wicked hard.

English, and enough rough French to ask for directions to Riviere du Loup because so help me, I swear they move that damn tunnel every time I drive to the east coast! :lol:

Just English.

I have a recurring desire to learn Sign though. I have no reason to (I don't know anyone who is deaf), I just think it'd be nice.

I only know English and Spanish, and am taking Latin in school. I do know the Korean alphabet, but not the language, and am currently working on the Hindi alphabet.

Shrine Maiden

English, Greek, Japanese, French, Polish, German. In that exact order of fluency. I used to love learning new languages but now I've grown lazy and I only make an effort to maintain my Japanese level.

I was born speaking Polish then moved to Canada learning English and grew up speaking both languages.

Interesting: 75 votes in total, and only 70 votes for english. How did those 5 people read the topic ? I wonder....

English here and am trying to learn Finnish too,and well schizoid can tell you how well that is going ;)

Oh dear, what's wrong with you people? Finnish is totally unnecessary!

I speak Finnish, English, German and Swedish. I've studied some other languages too but cannot speak them :(

Archived