Asexuals: sexual anorexics

fluffy_hime

Gorax, I think 2-5 % body fat would make you...dead. :D Men, I think, can only get as low as 6% or so healthily (that's like Lance Armstrong) and women, of course, have a much higher body fat percentage. Can anyone back me up on this?

Kombucha2000

males - 12-17

females - 19-24

male atheletes - 4-10

women - 10-14

I have heard of people having 0% body fat and live. Usually extreme atheletes like marathon runners, and people with eating disorders. If a woman goes below 10% body fat, she risks amenorrhea (lack of menstruation).

If a woman goes below 10% body fat, she risks amenorrhea (lack of menstruation).

Wowowowo, wait a second there. So you get to look better and not have periods?

RIGHT ON!

Silly Green Monkey

There are other ways of losing periods that don't entail starving the body and limiting starvation survival, like birth control. Depo takes care of the periods, but has a side effect of slight weight gain. My case seems slightly unusual. Have to ask them about it next week.

Kombucha2000
Wowowowo, wait a second there. So you get to look better and not have periods?

RIGHT ON!

yeah, but you're also at risk of other health problems, like osteoparosis :(

And plus the depo shot SGM suggested is a good way to stop menstruation. Most other birth control pills stop ovulation, but not periods (but with Seasonale women only get their periods 4x a year). They can also make cycles lighter and less painful.

• 2 months later...
I think it's a pretty bad comparison; you can die from anorexia (keeping yourself from food is what comes to mind), but not from lack of sex.

there are people out there who probably think you can die without sex :roll:

I don't know. But there are people who think going a month without sex drives one insane.

Snickers...

Then I'm insane 132 times over (if counting from age 15) :lol:

Archived