Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

10 hours ago, Florenna said:

It's funny though that the idea behind naming something "better than sex", of course, is that it's supposed to mean it's *incredibly good*... ;) 

That's true! I guess in the Ace world it's setting the bar low lol

• Like 4
nerdperson777
10 hours ago, Hey you in the corner said:

Sacrilege. 

I personally like pie more.  I just seem to really like crust.

• Like 2
EmotionalAndroid

I was watching a K-Pop music video that featured what would be considered traditionally attractive men in it. In one of the scenes that was a closeup on one of the singers, there was a sign for a "Cake Cafe" visible in the background for a brief second. That sign was the thing that caught my eye and I just thought, "A cake cafe? Hell yeah, that sounds amazing!" That is the most appealing thing in the entire video. :P

• Like 8
On 03/12/2008 at 5:07 PM, you*hear*but*do*you*listen said:

Remember all those double entendres then went over your head? How about that sex joke a friend told at a party that had to be explained to you? Or that dull, irritating sex scene in an otherwise good movie that all your friends said was "hot?"

Discuss your most ace of asexual moments in this thread. Here's one of mine: I was watching X-Men with a group of friends, and Wolverine was running around in the basement of Xavier's school without a shirt. I went, "For crying out loud, Wolverine, get a shirt on." My friends chorused, "No, Wolverine, keep your shirt off!"

Irritating sex scene? I'm straight but if I watch a movie that portrays homosexuality I don't find it irritating or dull. It's just life. 

nerdperson777

I was trying to do some quick things before bed just now.  This guy on Steam who I've said before in Asexual Problems messaged me.  I didn't answer because I remembered how the conversation worked out last time.  I left for a moment to take a shower and in the shower I thought, "I wonder if I say I'm trying to get the affections of a 30 year old engaged woman would get him to leave me alone."  In the previous conversation, he practically ignored my gender and tried to flirt with me, and assumed that I've had sexual relations before with some nonexistent boyfriend.  Will he go away if he thinks I'm gay then?

2 hours ago, nerdperson777 said:

I was trying to do some quick things before bed just now.  This guy on Steam who I've said before in Asexual Problems messaged me.  I didn't answer because I remembered how the conversation worked out last time.  I left for a moment to take a shower and in the shower I thought, "I wonder if I say I'm trying to get the affections of a 30 year old engaged woman would get him to leave me alone."  In the previous conversation, he practically ignored my gender and tried to flirt with me, and assumed that I've had sexual relations before with some nonexistent boyfriend.  Will he go away if he thinks I'm gay then?

I would think so, yes.

Here's a story from me.

My mom drives me to trombone lessons once a week. It's about a half hour drive there, plus a half hour drive back. So we talk plenty. 

Anyway, she often talks to me about sex. Specifically teenagers having sex. She keeps telling me that she's not talking about me at all, but I find it tough to believe. Is she subconsciously assuming that it will change, or is she telling the truth? I can't tell.

My mom does something similar except she talks about romance in general. It inevitably turns to talk about me, even though I've already told her I'm aro ace. I have some opinions on romance (esp. since my extended family has given me plenty examples of failed relationships) so I'm fine with talking about relationships in general. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm being subtly snubbed, even though my mom's mainly just worried I'll be lonely.

nerdperson777
6 hours ago, trombonistnicole said:

I would think so, yes.

Here's a story from me.

My mom drives me to trombone lessons once a week. It's about a half hour drive there, plus a half hour drive back. So we talk plenty. 

Anyway, she often talks to me about sex. Specifically teenagers having sex. She keeps telling me that she's not talking about me at all, but I find it tough to believe. Is she subconsciously assuming that it will change, or is she telling the truth? I can't tell.

Yeah, my dad believes stereotypes as facts to all.  I definitely don't fit in his idea because I'm not a cis femme girl, I'm ace and aro, and I'm not into the impulses that drive many humans.  He keeps stuffing alcohol in my face in front of relatives even though I've said no every single time.  He has been doing it since I was 15-16, underage.  He even tricked me once.  If I want, I could get him sent to jail for giving alcohol to a minor.  Before I went to college, he advised me to take a drink with family so that I wouldn't be so uncomfortable when I get peer pressured in college.  For one, he was assuming that I was comfortable with family.  I could never be.  Second, I said I would never drink no matter how much I got pressured.  He was just about certain that I would get the impulse to drink or conform with my peers.  Other than the time he tricked me, I have not had alcohol.  On my 21st birthday, he asked if I wanted to go gambling.  He obviously ignores everything that goes on in the family.  I don't drink.  Mom doesn't drink.  I have never said anything about wanting to go gamble in my life.  Plus with dad's unlucky gambling streaks in the stock market, why would I want to?  Also he randomly mentions sex when no one is talking about it.

2 hours ago, Laplace said:

My mom does something similar except she talks about romance in general. It inevitably turns to talk about me, even though I've already told her I'm aro ace. I have some opinions on romance (esp. since my extended family has given me plenty examples of failed relationships) so I'm fine with talking about relationships in general. I'm just tired of feeling like I'm being subtly snubbed, even though my mom's mainly just worried I'll be lonely.

Moms usually mean well, but some people, the older population more often, can't picture somebody who doesn't fit into the "girl or boy" and "gay or straight" boxes.

• Like 3

I saw a thumbnail for the new fifty shades of grey movie. It was a shot of the guy's face in the black s+m mask. I didn't read what movie the image was actually for, and I thought to myself "Cool! a new Batman movie!" Boy, was I disappointed.

• Like 13
On 1/19/2017 at 7:37 PM, Starfall said:

I saw a thumbnail for the new fifty shades of grey movie. It was a shot of the guy's face in the black s+m mask. I didn't read what movie the image was actually for, and I thought to myself "Cool! a new Batman movie!" Boy, was I disappointed.

Dear lord, I read this and had the biggest un-ace moment ever.

Now all I can imagine is some terrifying new "superhero" (who's probably just a perv who wants to get hurt) whose costume is actually S&M attire. Or Batman's costume being S&M gear instead.

>_< Someone save me...I don't know whether to laugh or scream in horror.

= = = \( ;-;)/

• Like 2
On 1/20/2017 at 7:55 PM, Laplace said:

Hide contents

Now all I can imagine is some terrifying new "superhero" (whose probably just a perv who wants to get hurt) whose costume is actually S&M attire. Or Batman's costume being S&M gear instead.

= = = \( ;-;)/

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Laplace said:

Hide contents

Now all I can imagine is some terrifying new "superhero" (whose probably just a perv who wants to get hurt) whose costume is actually S&M attire. Or Batman's costume being S&M gear instead.

= = = \( ;-;)/

Yuck...

1 hour ago, Ace_Machina said:

I've designed an Asexual superhero and I'm making the costume for myself soon. To wear at Pride. I'm now imagining my character battling that character.

I should do that, too! You don't care if I use your idea, right?

• Like 1
Sparrow of Spring
On January 13, 2017 at 10:42 AM, trombonistnicole said:

I must agree with you there. I like seeing muscular men, but it's much better if it's through a tight shirt (now that I'm thinking about it). In Arrow (the DC TV show), the main character is really muscular and does the salmon ladder or something similar at least once an episode. Seeing muscular movement was nice the first couple of times, but after that, it was like, we get it. You're strong. Get on with the plot.

Also, suits are nice. 

This post has been deleted.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:

I've designed an Asexual superhero and I'm making the costume for myself soon. To wear at Pride. I'm now imagining my character battling that character.

This reminds me of Captain Acebeard

• Like 3
On 1/20/2017 at 5:37 AM, Starfall said:

Never got the popularity of the "Fifty shades of grey" thing, whether the book or movie, isn't the whole thing basically just about sex...? ;) 

Well, each to their own...

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, Florenna said:

Never got the popularity of the "Fifty shades of grey" thing, whether the book or movie, isn't the whole thing basically just about sex...? ;) 

Well, each to their own...

BDSM too. The series is started out as Twilight fan fiction, then got sold as a series. Most people in the BDSM community say the depiction of BDSM, esp. in the books, is inaccurate and poorly done. The prose is awful too.

I started my studies at university recently, and they had these welcoming events for the new students at a bar. To promote healthy drinking habits and safe sex, ordering water was free and you would also get a condom, no charge. I don't like alcohol and saving money is nice, so I only got water.

The first time they gave me a condom with my water, my first instict was to laugh and say 'I don't need this'. But realising the staff would probably get upset and give me a long lecture about sexual health, I silently accepted the condom. I have a bunch of them at home now, I guess I'll just give them to a friend... 

Also, 'never have I ever' made me thirsty, never got drink ^_^

• Like 2

I flipped through a 50 Shades book once at Goodwill. I was actually surprised at its ''smuttiness'', because I've read dirtier fan fiction. I thought 50 Shades was known as being ''risque'' or something. 

1 hour ago, UmbrellaOfAsexuality said:

I flipped through a 50 Shades book once at Goodwill. I was actually surprised at its ''smuttiness'', because I've read dirtier fan fiction. I thought 50 Shades was known as being ''risque'' or something. 

The funny thing is, 50 Shades of ick I started out as fanfic!

Your talk about 50 Shades of Grey made me think… What if someone made a book about the diversity of grey asexuality called "50 Shades of Grey-Asexuality"? :P

The provocative similarity of the book's title would catch people's attention and at the same time it might make them curious what it's all about – and show that (a)sexuality isn't just black and white, but that there's a lot of grey in between. 50 different cases of people explaining their experiences of being on the grey side of sexuality could be mentioned to justify the title. :P

Does this qualify as an Incredibly Ace Moment? :lol:

• Like 8
On 1/20/2017 at 11:41 PM, The Frost Dragon said:

I used to watch Arrow. I was all for Felicity and Oliver until a particular scene, and then I just wanted to never see either of them in the same room again. But his constant working out become annoying really fast.

And suits are nice. Like Sherlock's suit in Sherlock. That's a well-fitted suit.

Dodecahedron314
1 hour ago, Ace_Machina said:
On 1/20/2017 at 5:41 PM, The Frost Dragon said:

And suits are nice. Like Sherlock's suit in Sherlock. That's a well-fitted suit.

Also, yeah they have some damn nice outfits in Sherlock.

Thirded, I'm harboring some serious Sherlock suit envy over here. I have to wonder at this point if aesthetic attraction to people in and of themselves is even a thing I get, or if I just really like neat clothes (especially suits). :lol:

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Dodecahedron314 said:
2 hours ago, Ace_Machina said:
On 1/20/2017 at 4:41 PM, The Frost Dragon said:

Also, yeah they have some damn nice outfits in Sherlock.

Thirded, I'm harboring some serious Sherlock suit envy over here. I have to wonder at this point if aesthetic attraction to people in and of themselves is even a thing I get, or if I just really like neat clothes (especially suits). :lol:

Personally, I prefer layers (ala Winchesters) but my personal favorite suit wearing character is Fox Mulder.

• Like 1
Forest Spirit
9 hours ago, Dodecahedron314 said:

Hmmm.. that's definitely sth to think about:huh: I really love looking at peoples neat clothes (which may come off as weird since I'm sort of staring at their body unintentionally)! I love to see how the fabric sort of adapts to different movements and their overall body shape, it's just like art or sth:lol:

• Like 1
nerdperson777
18 hours ago, Rinner said:

I started my studies at university recently, and they had these welcoming events for the new students at a bar. To promote healthy drinking habits and safe sex, ordering water was free and you would also get a condom, no charge. I don't like alcohol and saving money is nice, so I only got water.

The first time they gave me a condom with my water, my first instict was to laugh and say 'I don't need this'. But realising the staff would probably get upset and give me a long lecture about sexual health, I silently accepted the condom. I have a bunch of them at home now, I guess I'll just give them to a friend... 

Also, 'never have I ever' made me thirsty, never got drink ^_^

When my helicopter mom went to the overnight freshman orientation with me (there was a separate group for parents), she learned about how the school was promoting sexual health by having free condoms. But I've never seen these free ones. I only saw them sold in the markets and wonder what people are spending their time doing when I see that section empty. 

Also my friend joined an organization that promoted student health and she was in the drugs and alcohol sector. She received a postcard listing some restaurants. She was to go undercover a bit and see if they know about this thing where if you are the designated driver and your friends are drinking, they should give you a free non alcoholic soft drink. Actually this is a fun story. We were supposed to go to a place where we regularly go, but we didn't know any place like that because we are such introverts. My friend was the one with the car but I said that I would never drink. So she became the one to drink. Halfway through our meal, she asks if I could pour her some water. I asked jokingly if it was because of the alcohol. She said that was true. She was afraid of spilling it if she poured it herself. Then I had to direct her to the bathroom while staying at my seat to watch her stuff. After eating, we ended up taking a stroll. We were near the beach so we stared at the ocean horizon a bit. My friend was drunk so then we had some weird moments. She was showing me pictures on her phone from her volunteer trip to the Dominican Republic and just talking more than usual. She went on about why she liked birds. I knew she was a bird fanatic (I coined bird stalker as an alternative to bird watching) but she never actually explained why before. Then we had deep life conversations. Had some frozen yogurt. About two hours after we finished eating dinner, I guess her alcohol wore off and she drove us back to my place. Then I forgot if it was that time or another, but we ended up watching anime on my computer until like 2am.

Also a strange thing happened when we were walking around. When we were staring out at the ocean, some guy kept asking around for a cigarette. I wouldn't know if he was talking to me since my back was facing him. He asked again so I just turned around and (I think) I nodded no. Idk if it was noticeable because I just stood there. I found this ironic because we were standing next to a no smoking sign. 

• Like 2