Incredibly Ace Moments

you*hear*but*do*you*listen

Dodecahedron314

All right, I swear this is the last fandom-related post I'll make for a while, but I felt like this fanart I found today was something that could be appreciated by many AVENites, regardless of whether they're into the whole fandom thing or not. (Spoilered for huge images)

tumblr_inline_nrch2mYMh51t786v5_1280.pngtumblr_inline_nrch2tPey01t786v5_1280.pngtumblr_inline_nrch32RCGJ1t786v5_1280.pngtumblr_inline_nrch3cfXpk1t786v5_1280.png

[source]

• Like 4

A very ace story from a while back before I knew I was ace :P

A few years ago, I was traveling alone to attend a conference in another city. I arrived at the hotel at 6am and ran into some guy in the lobby who asked me to get coffee with him at lunch. I agreed, and lunch rolled around and we went for sandwiches and coffee. Afterward, I needed to go check-in to my room and bring my luggage upstairs from the back check (my room wasn't ready before because I had arrived so early). When I mention that this is why I needed to go back to the hotel, he offered to come upstairs with me. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. I ended up saying ok. He was actually good, friendly company during lunch and I figured he was just being nice because he knew I had to bring all my luggage upstairs.

So off we went. We got my bags went upstairs, and brought up all my stuff. I sat down on the end of the bed to change into other shoes before heading back downstairs and he sat down beside me. When I looked up to thank him for helping me with my luggage, he leaned in and kissed me while also putting his hands in an... inappropriate place. I pulled away and was like "Um. What are you doing?" Long story short, he was under the impression that our lunch date was going to end in sex and I had totally missed the memo. Who knew? In hindsight, I realized he was actually asking me out for coffee/lunch (like on a date kinda thing) which makes everything else make so much more sense! But until he was kissing me, I thought he was just being friendly/trying to make friends since he was alone at the conference too. I am so dense sometimes haha.

• Like 12
LunarEclipse*

Usually I just automatically assume everyone else is ace as well (especially my favorite fictional characters) so when someone does something not asexual it often comes as a bit of a shock to me.

So I was watching Criminal Minds which, if any of you don't know, is an awesome show. (Three and a half seasons with virtually no relationship drama!)

Anyways, there was this one part when a supervisory agent went over to the tech analyst's house at like one in the morning to get her to pull a file or something and she came into the room dripping wet and furious as he had interrupted her shower. I was laughing at the awkwardness till another character entered from the bathroom also dripping wet and butt naked to boot. All I could do was stare at the screen in shock for like a full two minutes. I had loved that character. She was awesomely single and totally cool about it and then it was like what did you do???? I was so mad at the writer. I mean how was that in any way shape or form necessary to the plot??? Why did you have to permanently scar that character in my mind? Why?

Culture is stupid sometimes...

• Like 6

A few years ago, I was traveling alone to attend a conference in another city. I arrived at the hotel at 6am and ran into some guy in the lobby who asked me to get coffee with him at lunch. I agreed, and lunch rolled around and we went for sandwiches and coffee. Afterward, I needed to go check-in to my room and bring my luggage upstairs from the back check (my room wasn't ready before because I had arrived so early). When I mention that this is why I needed to go back to the hotel, he offered to come upstairs with me. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted. I ended up saying ok. He was actually good, friendly company during lunch and I figured he was just being nice because he knew I had to bring all my luggage upstairs.

So off we went. We got my bags went upstairs, and brought up all my stuff. I sat down on the end of the bed to change into other shoes before heading back downstairs and he sat down beside me. When I looked up to thank him for helping me with my luggage, he leaned in and kissed me while also putting his hands in an... inappropriate place. I pulled away and was like "Um. What are you doing?" Long story short, he was under the impression that our lunch date was going to end in sex and I had totally missed the memo. Who knew? In hindsight, I realized he was actually asking me out for coffee/lunch (like on a date kinda thing) which makes everything else make so much more sense! But until he was kissing me, I thought he was just being friendly/trying to make friends since he was alone at the conference too. I am so dense sometimes haha.

Wait, what? That's...is that normal, to go that fast? I knew a coffee/lunch thing can mean somebody's interested, but to expect sex after a first coffee just seems kind of abrupt.

• Like 10

We were in biology watching human dissections. We watched one about the digestive system and one about either the respiratory system or circulatory system - might have been both. Anyway, the digestive system one, they're dissecting a woman, and there's a live model. A male, naked live model. I was really interested in the dissection, in my opinion there were too many shots of the model and that it was ruining the dissection. All of my friends were saying that he was the only good part of the dissection, and the more shots of him, the better. Ugh

• Like 3

We were in biology watching human dissections. We watched one about the digestive system and one about either the respiratory system or circulatory system - might have been both. Anyway, the digestive system one, they're dissecting a woman, and there's a live model. A male, naked live model. I was really interested in the dissection, in my opinion there were too many shots of the model and that it was ruining the dissection. All of my friends were saying that he was the only good part of the dissection, and the more shots of him, the better. Ugh

They dissected the live model? Isn't that illegal?

EDIT: Whoops, read that again. Not dissecting the live model. And now I'm confused why there was a male model present during a female dissection. What does he have to do with anything?

• Like 4

Usually I just automatically assume everyone else is ace as well (especially my favorite fictional characters) so when someone does something not asexual it often comes as a bit of a shock to me.

This lately. It's kinda annoying actually

• Like 6

Wait, what? That's...is that normal, to go that fast? I knew a coffee/lunch thing can mean somebody's interested, but to expect sex after a first coffee just seems kind of abrupt.

I don't think so. The thought afterward when discussing it with a friend was that it might have been the whole concept that most of us were travelling alone and it was only for a few days, which apparently for some people is the perfect time to fool around with someone they are attracted to, but probably won't see again. In which case, I guess things have to move fast because you're only there for the weekend or whatever. But like I said, clearly not an expert haha. That was just my friend's theory.

• Like 1
Nea Rose Symphony

I was kik-ing someone from here about Glen and Maggie's hookup from the walking dead. And I made a comparison to how allosexuals would see it versus asexuals. This isn't exactly what I said but same concept

Allosexuals: "ooh they're going to go at it. Let me go get the popcorn! ...I want something like that to happen to me too..."

Asexuals: "No... they aren't going to, are they? Don't do it... it was a misunderstanding... he wasn't even thinking about that... no... No... ... nope they're going to do it. Why? Just why? This scene isn't even necessary"

(Those who don't watch the walking dead, two characters named Glen and Maggie go out to get supplies from an abandoned store. She's off somewhere while he gets a pregnancy test for another character. She comes back and he has condoms in his hands and asks about them. And that's how they get into that deal in the first place)

• Like 3
Nea Rose Symphony

I didn't see anything between the two characters before the hookup (but maybe I didn't see something). Also I guess sex would be a good release for stress like that. Gotta live while one can. The asexual's perspective was how I was though. Looking over to my mother and saying something like "really?"

Oh yeah, another thing I didn't mention about the summary. He didn't intentionally grab condoms so it wasn't like he was thinking about that

Dodecahedron314

That moment when the main character of something gets set up with somebody and you keep thinking "Well, it was established previously that this other character is of an alien species that hasn't previously had contact with humans, so I'm sure that this is just academic interest being misconstrued as flirting....all right, so no, that's definitely flirting for some bizarre reason, but obviously the main character is really awkward and uncomfortable with the whole situation and is trying to politely figure a way out of this...and instead he's accidentally making it worse by making it seem like he's okay with this, so probably the next scene will just be a brief awkward moment where it's established that this is all just a misunderstanding and he'll get back to the main plot...okay, she's suggesting they go to her quarters, definitely just brief awkwardness and then establishment of misunderstanding coming right up..." *next scene is a sex scene* "What do you mean he was actually flirting back and not just being awkward? What do you mean he's okay with this and somehow thinks this is a good idea?!?" :blink:

• Like 9

I don't know if this is exactly an ace moment but it's definitely a win. My Aunt and Uncle brought Cards Against Humanity for our family to play ( My mom, stepdad, cousin and me). They all know that I'm asexual but I played because I hadn't seen my cousin in awhile.... I won... 3 times over... And if any of you know how the game works, whenever it was reviled that I put whatever awkwardly sexual card down it made it even funnier. Needless to say by the time it ended I was thoroughly embarrassed and epically proud of my feat of beating 5 allos with just my ability to infer and psychologically analyze people. I can understand sexual jokes because of my friends, it just makes me uncomfortable, and omg I thought I was fairly rehearsed in sexual innuendo but no, no I am not. But I like games like(apples to apples) this because I tend to see social interaction as a science experiment... Which may or may not be a good thing.

I feel like this is what people mean when they say that asexual people will take over the world.

That game is so fun to play, yet so dirty. Whenever I had played with my family they comment on how I put down more of the sexual cards (and I'm supposed to be the innocent one!) Guess it's true that the quiet ones are the more wild ones

Oh my goodness, my father was so scandalized when my siblings and I played Cards Against Humanity with him for the first time. He learned that I'm not his innocent little girl anymore, lol.

Seriously, though, I find the over-sexual cards really funny, especially the one-word ones that are super blunt. I haven't played the game with my siblings since coming out to them as ace, but I bet if we play again, my playing those hyper-sexual cards would be even funnier.

• Like 3

Could it be that allosexuals aren't just perving, they've seen some other moments of attraction between Glen and Maggie leading up to that moment, so it is actually a story progression, rather than out of the blue? And also, dramatically, the kind of tension of life threatening situations can be a trigger for sex to resolve for sexuals...

who said attraction had to lead to sex :P who said life-threatening was a good time to make babies :P

also, he was definitely thinking about maggie when he grabbed the condoms. he was embarrased when she caught him with his pants down so to speak :lol: he definitely wanted to be a lot more casual about flirting with her first and was only hoping sex would happen -_-

*totally not super squished on him*

• Like 1

I had many Ace moments with a coworker in my past job, but here are few notable ones.

Situation 1- A coworker has an unusually high interest in me. He had got into trouble for making sexual comments to others in the past, so he rarely says anything sexual/romantic in nature.

Sexual coworkers reaction- The fact that he shows any interest in me is good enough for them to conclude that he is sexually interested in me.

My Ace reaction- My coworkers are jumping to conclusions. I think the annoying coworker wants to know me because everyone in my office is impressed with my work. It is however annoying that he has any interest in me because I never work with him. I have never discussed anything about myself. I wear the same boring clothes (even though there is no uniform) everyday and give everyone the impression that I do nothing except school and work.

Situation 2-

Same Coworker- What are your plans for Christmas holidays?

Me- Vague response about going to visit friends.

Coworker- Where are your friends located?

Me- Vague response again- I have friends all over the country and name few states. I act like I haven't decided which friend to visit.

Coworker- You should visit California; it is hot, bad and dirty.

Me, Ace moment- I imagine a place like below with high temperatures and crime rate. I can see that he seems frustrated. I think he is frustrated because I do not do anything interesting and that's why he suggested a dull city to seem sarcastic!

new-orleans.jpg?w=455&h=320&crop=1

Coworker- Starts ranting about how I am a workaholic. He calls me a name which is neither sexual or profane (eg- Dull Nerd). He suggests that I should work during holidays since I enjoy work so much. He offers to give me special access that will allow me to enter the building during holidays.

Me- I find the whole episode hilarious and amusing. But the name is insulting nonetheless and I decide to complain to my boss. After practicing 5 times in front of the mirror I am somehow able to tell the whole incident to my boss without laughing.

Boss- This is inappropriate and we should file a report. <Pulls out a file with lists of inappropriate misconducts> This falls under the category- 'Sexual Harassment'.

Ace moment (to myself)- What sex? When did he mention sex? Don't you have other categories like 'Bizarre behavior'?

Looking back I now realize it was sexual harassment after all, LOL.

• Like 9
Nea Rose Symphony

I just checked back on it... I was still watching WD and I vaguely remember the story. As a sexual, it seemed like an interesting, credible story twist to me, and developed their characters. They're young, they're kind of finding their feet in this new situation and the pressure's cooled off a little. Maggie's pretty sexual and confident, and Glenn's a geeky and shy. She's horny, and he's young and (presumably) frustrated, so he's more than happy to do it. Speaking as a former shy geeky guy, some sexually confident women do seem to like the contrast with the jocks who they could have on demand. I know this to be a Thing ;) .

And the condoms - he was actively embarrassed about them, because Sex, and then Maggie (who he obviously thinks is attractive) sees him with him. She notices he's embarrassed, thinks it's cute, he's cute, and makes her move.

I guess as a sexual, I could see the potential in the mix of those two characters that maybe wouldn't occur to an asexual.

I see. I never read that into it. To me it was two characters that were only acquaintances then boom they randomly have sex
  • Like 1
Ace of Amethysts

I remember a while ago I asked my dad why people perform oral sex.

His response was that it was a gateway to genital sex with a woman.

I do not believe him, to say the least.

He knows asexuals like myself exist (but whether he`s tolerant of them I don`t know), but he does not accept the existence of aromantics.

He`s the standard heteroromantic who believes all partnerships are romantic.

Sigh... I`m not even gonna argue the point. The next time he asks me about whether I`ll fall in love, I`ll just lie and say I`m biromantic. :unsure:

Life is hard for an aro :(

• Like 4

The one that always springs to mind for me is back during my years in brick-and-mortar college. On Fridays my roommates had parties that involved inviting 4-5 women to the room, copious amounts of alcohol, and some form of romantic movie. None of the above were of any particular interest to me (I don't drink), so I always stayed in the bedroom playing video games until it got quiet enough to go to sleep.

During one of these parties, I was doing my usual hide-in-the-room trick, just poking away at a game when one of the women came in, sat on my lap with her back resting on my arm, and asked what I was up to. I wasn't too pleased about the situation (keeping the mouse steady with a person's weight on your arm is hard!), but I figured that there was no use being unpleasant about it, so I told her that I was playing a video game. After about 15 minutes of casual conversation, she got up and went back out to the main area, much to my relief.

Unfortunately, she was back within 5 minutes. This time instead of sitting sideways, she straddled the chair (and me) such that we were front to front; things remained this way for the remaining two hours of the party. Afterwards, I clearly remember thinking that I was glad that we were front-to-front, because my arm wouldn't have made it the whole two hours if she had sat sideways again.

• Like 5

I had many Ace moments with a coworker in my past job, but here are few notable ones.

Situation 1- A coworker has an unusually high interest in me. He had got into trouble for making sexual comments to others in the past, so he rarely says anything sexual/romantic in nature.

Sexual coworkers reaction- The fact that he shows any interest in me is good enough for them to conclude that he is sexually interested in me.

My Ace reaction- My coworkers are jumping to conclusions. I think the annoying coworker wants to know me because everyone in my office is impressed with my work. It is however annoying that he has any interest in me because I never work with him. I have never discussed anything about myself. I wear the same boring clothes (even though there is no uniform) everyday and give everyone the impression that I do nothing except school and work.

Situation 2-

Same Coworker- What are your plans for Christmas holidays?

Me- Vague response about going to visit friends.

Coworker- Where are your friends located?

Me- Vague response again- I have friends all over the country and name few states. I act like I haven't decided which friend to visit.

Coworker- You should visit California; it is hot, bad and dirty.

Me, Ace moment- I imagine a place like below with high temperatures and crime rate. I can see that he seems frustrated. I think he is frustrated because I do not do anything interesting and that's why he suggested a dull city to seem sarcastic!

new-orleans.jpg?w=455&h=320&crop=1

Coworker- Starts ranting about how I am a workaholic. He calls me a name which is neither sexual or profane (eg- Dull Nerd). He suggests that I should work during holidays since I enjoy work so much. He offers to give me special access that will allow me to enter the building during holidays.

Me- I find the whole episode hilarious and amusing. But the name is insulting nonetheless and I decide to complain to my boss. After practicing 5 times in front of the mirror I am somehow able to tell the whole incident to my boss without laughing.

Boss- This is inappropriate and we should file a report. <Pulls out a file with lists of inappropriate misconducts> This falls under the category- 'Sexual Harassment'.

Ace moment (to myself)- What sex? When did he mention sex? Don't you have other categories like 'Bizarre behavior'?

Looking back I now realize it was sexual harassment after all, LOL.

I don't see how it's sexual, besides the comment about how California is dirty.
  • Like 1

In the amazing second season premiere of Galavant, Madalena and Gareth sing a song about how they're opposites. Madalena is the queen and Gareth is the former bodyguard/henchman now king.

Paraphrased lines from the song:

Madalena: I like getting randy with whoever's handy.

Gareth: I prefer beer.

My thoughts: Me too, Gareth, me too.

• Like 3
nerdperson777

So I had to return back to university two days ago. My apartment opens by putting in my ID and a number code. When I put my card in the door, I realized that I forgot my code. I just texted people in the apartment to let me in. And this is strange for me because I don't forget numbers. I'm like the number freak. Then I was in my room for a few minutes later trying to remember my code. Then I walked out to the living room where one of my apartmentmates was.

Me: Hey, of all the numbers, guess what I remembered?

Apartmentmate: 69?

Me: No! I remembered my last year's code!

Then today was my first day for the theatre class I was taking. We were writing stuff on a piece of paper as an icebreaker. After writing a few interesting facts about yourself, the professor asked some questions. Question one, name someone who you really like, doesn't have to be someone you know, that would make you melt in their presence, that one that you think to undress a little. My head thought, "oh great sexual attraction, or aesthetic, what do I do?" I asked the professor, "What if I don't see anyone like that?" Professor says, "You can think of someone. It doesn't have to be right away." I thought about it, and then I wrote "I just want to hug my friend forever." The next notable thing was the third question, write down someone you love, whether it be your grandmother, or whoever. I wrote "I don't love, but I'll do whatever it takes to make my friend happy because no one treated me like that in my life." I'm not attracted that way to my friend, people, calm down.

• Like 5
Anthracite_Impreza

I made the mistake of posting something asexual-related on somewhere other than AVEN :angry:

OVuJspt.jpg

Because Tumblr is the font of all truth, amirite? :rolleyes:

• Like 3
EnterCreativeName

In class the other day, I was sitting with my group I had been placed with. We had to list the 10 most important events in the plot of this one book the class was reading. Bored, we started a competition to see who could find the 3rd plot point the fastest, as we already knew what it was. I flipped forward in the book and found the page easily, yelling out "69!" as it was the page number. Me being me, I was confused when the other people in my group (and a friend in the group over) started laughing. I looked back down at the number, remembering what it meant in the minds of high schoolers, and blushed greatly. I was pretty quiet for the rest of the class.

• Like 2

This is worse: One time, my friends and I were talking about playing video games at someone's house. I was happy that a particular game was multiplayer and said out loud "We can have a threesome!" I was thinking along the lines of "Its multiplayer so we can all play. There would be three of us playing, so what is that called? A threesome. Of course."

• Like 6
Dodecahedron314

This is worse: One time, my friends and I were talking about playing video games at someone's house. I was happy that a particular game was multiplayer and said out loud "We can have a threesome!" I was thinking along the lines of "Its multiplayer so we can all play. There would be three of us playing, so what is that called? A threesome. Of course."

Board games and card games are essentially the two official sports of my dorm, and so I donated a board game called TriBond to the common room game stash. It's like Trivial Pursuit, but you have to figure out what the three things listed on the card have in common, a format which the game designers unfortunately decided to call "All-New Threesome Questions". I've had this game since I was about 10, so I never realized how that could be misinterpreted until a friend took a picture of it and posted it on Tumblr with a caption that was something along the lines of "Fanfiction prompts be like".

(The box and board are both purple and involve lots of triangles...Coincidence? I think not. Perhaps the creator was having an ace moment? :ph34r: )

• Like 5
RoseGoesToYale

The other night, one of those obviously hypersexualized advertisements popped up on the internet (buff shirtless guy in some odd upside down pose with weird lighting). And the very first thought that came to mind was "Whoa, pectoral muscles are shaped exactly like the human thyroid gland. I wonder if there's a connection..." Then again, it was 2 am.

• Like 11

Had sort of the opposite of an ave moment today...my friend and I went to lunch and we were laughing and joking about this nasty client we had once a long time ago, she was unbelievably rude, made several staff members cry etc.. Like yelled and screamed at us, called us names etc.. Well my friend had been dealing with the nut on the phone and she couldnt deal and handed the lady off to me. In her tirade she kept yelling at me that I had "better include a giant bottle of ky jelly with her stuff when she picks up because she' never been screwed so hard" I couldn't take this lady seriously and barely contained my laughter as she ranted at me. Well while joking about it I was telling my friend how this lady kept saying I better include a bottle of lube, and how I could not take this nutcase seriously. My friend looked at me confused..had no idea about this lube part of the story.. It wasn't till I said the wirds she used was Ky Jelly that it clicked..the lady had yelled the same thing at her, but her poor innocent mind at the time had no idea what ky jelly was... She thought it was a brand of fancy wine and the lady was yelling that we better include a big bottle of expensive wine. And that is the story of how me..the Ace..had to explain to my very sexual friend that ky jelly is not wine and the lady had been yelling very crude things at her lol

• Like 7

An actual Ace moment.. My boss likes to tease people for acting flirty, she teased a new employee for uis reaction to a client and everyone piped on reasuring him that she does that to everyone..that made me pause a second.. I have worked with her longer then anyone and the only thing she has done is try to convince me that certain clients are hot while I look at her like she has 2 heads lol

• Like 5

Go find some random relationship forum and start reading it... my gosh