New member with a question for romantics

UltraViolet

So what have you folks, who are single, tried to do about romancing or being romanced?

I am always so damn busy with my work, which I am really, really trying to change. But I have found that if I make the effort, I can at least meet people.

Maybe we don't make the effort?

Theoretically, if a person wants a one-legged hermaphrodite for a lover, then a one-legged hermaphrodite can be found in singles ads.

What do you think?

Honestly- I try to avoid it because I do not want a sexual partner. And a lot of people have already pointed out the problems with trying to meet asexuals. We don't wear neon lights or anything, I've never heard of a-dar, so, yeah. You can meet people- but it might not be as easy to meet the people you want to meet.

So what have you folks, who are single, tried to do about romancing or being romanced?

I am always so damn busy with my work, which I am really, really trying to change. But I have found that if I make the effort, I can at least meet people.

Maybe we don't make the effort?

Theoretically, if a person wants a one-legged hermaphrodite for a lover, then a one-legged hermaphrodite can be found in singles ads.

What do you think?

Try cultivating homosexual friends of the opposite gender. It works very well most of the time. Might even be one or two where you work.

And that is supposed to help how? Any romantic/love feelings they have will be for the partners they seek/have - not for me as (just a) friend. I'd probablly have better luck with the one-legged hermaphrodite.

Hi all - newbie here with a question for romantic asexuals. Have any of you ever found a mutual love relationship that was truly sex free (not just "trying-to-get-out-of-it-for-as-long-as-possible" or "putting-up-with-a-little-so-they'll-stay-around")? Every time I tell them I have no interest in sex many men still think that THEY will be the one to change me - the old "Oh, but you'll like it with me " scenario. Can men ever be truly in love (and STAY in love) without sex?

Sure! Some of my longest current friendships are with people who identify themselves as gay males; I am a former heterosexual female.

Sure! Some of my longest current friendships are with people who identify themselves as gay males; I am a former heterosexual female.

This, "former heterosexual female", is an interesting self-identification. I am still trying to think about what it means. Is this different than asexual, or the same thing? Can an asexual be heterosexual? These puzzlements and more are what I mean...

Anyway, welcome to AVEN if you are new.

Archived