Virgin pregnancy? Share your stories or theories.

choose_abstinence

Guest Heligan
Hmmmm. Back in the 70's I had a different sort of dilemma. Asexuality and "test tube babies" were unheard of at the time. But at the age of 20 I knew that I REALLY wanted a baby but I REALLY didn't want to do the whole marriage-constant-sex-thing. So I asked a male friend if he would agree to getting me pregnant, without a relationship, but be willing to acknowledge the baby as his so that the future baby would know his/her father. He agreed. I was a virgin at the time but we had sex. You know, the-whole-intercourse-penatration-while-butt-nekked kind. After a month of that I went to the doctor and was informed that I would NEVER be able to get pregnant because my uterus was tipped way backwards. (Yes I know I should have gone to the doctor BEFORE the whole-intercourse-penatration-while-butt-naked-thing, but, hindsight....). I stopped having sex. Immediately. Since I hated it.

Anyway. I was stunned at the news. And devasted.

About a month after that, right after breakfast, I suddenly hurled. Big time! Since I had also missed a period I went back to the doctor...

To make a long story short, my 31-year-old son got married last year after living with his girlfriend for 4 years, and a few days ago I got an email from my daughter-in-law that I may be a grandmother in a couple of years. They're at the discussion point. (He wants kids like NOW but she wants to enjoy their freedom awhile longer. She's only 30, so plenty of time.....but I have a sneaking suspicion that neither one of them are virgins.....)

My mother was told the same thing about the uterus being tipped back- Id say she got pregnant every time my Dad looked at her, but that kind of throw away comment might be taken wrong on this thread! Lets just say super fertile and leave it at that.

Apparently now the tipped back uterus is just seen as a natural variation with no fertility implications at all.

Guest Heligan
Hi CA. I don't have time to read this whole thing, so I don't know if it was mentioned above... BUT!!! Now hear this. A virgin Komodo dragon had a bunch of little dragons recently. She lives in a zoo, and they know for sure that she is a single mother! Cool, huh? Go ahead. Look it up. Check that out.

Also, in many world religions, the Mother of God is a virgin. For example, the Blessed Virgin Mary. Buddha's mother is also rumored to be a virgin (his father is Ganesha the elephant god).

Anakin Skywalker's mother Shmi was a virgin (although she got married later in life).

The world is full of famous virgins!

Parthenogenesis, can only explain virgin births where the offspring are female (in humans). This is because its the sperm that brings the y chromosome and the potentrial for male young (women are XX, men are XY)..... Im not sure where that leaves the religious virgin births.

Things are different for the dragon and all reptiles and birds... (female WZ and male ZZ)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6196225.stm

Because of the genetics of this process, he added, her children would always be male.

This is because Komodo dragons have W and Z chromosomes - females have one W and one Z, males have two Zs.

The egg from the female carries one chromosome, either a W or Z, and when parthenogenesis takes place, either the W or Z is duplicated.

This leads to eggs which are WW and ZZ. WW eggs are not viable, but ZZ eggs are, and lead to male baby Komodo dragons.

Not that Im saying I believe in virgin births (through asexual reproduction) in all species that generally rely on sexual reproduction- but I would like to- it would be interesting.

As for the lack of pentration style virgin births (hymen in tact but sperm got in anyway version) yeah there is no reason to think this cant happen, its the sperm not that act that make the baby. So as long as sperm is not in a hostile enviroment between ejaculation and getting to the egg- no reason on eath to question it (well in theory- if not in practice).

As for the assumption that asexuals should be willing to have sex if they want a baby, I would just ask why... if its not necessary why do it?

Just go AI, if you can find a willing volunteer... if not is it really nice to go all 'sperm bandit' on a poor unsuspecting one night stand. Plus maybe if the 'sperm bandit' route stood a good chance of working first time it might be OK, if nasty, but you could be in the position of having a one night stand (you dont want) a few times every month for years (stress much!)

That said, I can just about understand it if there is a strong relationship with the potential father, and he really wants to do it 'normally' because he just cant get his head around AI... but I wouldnt want that method suggested by a donor, it brings the potential for more emotional mess into an already unconventional relationship.

I suppose it different if you are married to the person and already willing to compromise on sex.

I totally agree with everyone about the sources and ridiculousness of most of this. Yes you should be careful and wear protection when having sex... but there's no need to where condoms 24 hours a day for fear that you may get randomly impregnated.

What about the turkey baster method though? I thought that it was possible... I haven't sought out any reliable sources for it, but it's a very popular method in the media (TV, movies... etc.). This could essentially lead to a pregnancy while still being a virgin.

My problem lies with how religious-minded some people are. There's nothing more pure about being asexual or a virgin in my mind. I do see this as a viable option for a single person that wants a kid and won't be involved with a partner, a gay/lesbian couple or I guess even asexuals for that matter.

Man, those little guys can swim!

I'm always reminded of that John Travolta movie, "Baby Talk". With the crazy laughable and lovable talking baby, who runs, err crawls around getting into all SORTS OF TROUBLES.

This thread makes me feel like I'm thirteen. Teehee.

I'm pretty sure the turkey baster method would work just fine. I had a friend who was talking about that, her and her girlfriend had a good friend who was going to provide them with the stuff if you know what I'm saying.

Personally, I think if you're gonna have a baby, well you might as well adopt one! Why not?

Also, I would think if you wanted to be a virgin, you'd still have to practice some kind of penetration somehow before giving birth. I'd think you'd need to at least stretch the girl out first before allowing a human head through there. *shudders*

I've always wondered if there was a human out there who was a virgin, yet got pregnant through artificial insemination. Strange, that I've never heard of it happening. I don't see anything wrong with someone wanting to do that, in fact I'm shocked no virgin has tried it just so they can be in the media for being a pregnant virgin.

SorryNotSorry

Re the jacuzzi thing... it's possible that someone out there forgot to chlorinate the water, and that it was at just the right temperature, for the sperm to survive... add to that, the fact that semen is physically more like mucus than like water, so it wouldn't dissolve in the pool water... more like float around like a blob of thick glue, only releasing sperm that were near the surface of the blob. Remember, those sperm live at least a couple of minutes, even in an environment which can't sustain them for a couple hours or however long they're supposed to survive under optimum conditions after ejaculation.

It's highly unlikely for a virgin birth to occur in this way---the way I heard it, the man had just gotten out of the jacuzzi when the woman got into it---because there's such a tiny window of opportunity. Births can't get much more virginal than that. Still, saying it's highly unlikely is a big difference from saying it's impossible altogether. People buck huge numbers all the time.

I didn't actually see it, but once when I came home from work a couple of years ago, my mother said she'd been watching Jerry Springer or one of those trash-TV shows, and this one episode featured a lesbian who wanted to inseminate herself... I was told she whipped out a turkey baster and held it aloft, and the audience exploded into hysterical laughter. She could have conceivably (pun intended) gotten pregnant this way.

Moral of the story: we guys don't need to be masturbating so much that we leave our semen samples all over the place like they were fingerprints.

Quote from Spiralling Snowy:

see that word??? SEX.... you cant even say it. Mating is a word people use to describe animals... are you affiliating humans to animals??? are you incapable of having an adult conversation about something like sex??? the way you discuss it is comparable to several generations before us, where sex was taboo and not discussed outside the bedroom.

One can describe human sexual intercourse as "mating". Copulation, coitus, and of course, sexual intercourse are all legitimate terms to describe sex amongst humans as well as other animals. And we *are* animals. All these terms I have seen used in discussions of animal sexual behaviors and habits. C_A's use of the term "mating", while not a popular term, is not improperly used. Whether its humans, dogs, or mice, gametic transfer is all the same for mammals.

The only difference between humans and most other animals is that we use sex recreationally and to form or re-affirm pair bonds, not just to procreate. However, even we are not unique in this. Dolphins, chimps, and especially bonobos (especially bonobos) have sexual intercourse for social bonding as well.

The only term not appropriate (perhaps) to describe coitus between non-human animals is "love-making". One could say that perhaps bonobos are doing this, but without being able to ask them directly, we can't be sure they view sex in quite the way that we do. And not even all human societies view sex in the same way. Obviously.

It IS NOT a method of conceiving to shove an inanimate object up your vagina covered in semen. The likely hood is buckleys and none.

Umm...This is exactly how horses and many other large animals (or animals with difficulty conceiving) are bred, you know. Some of the vet techs and research associates I've worked with have done this with cows (the vet techs) and monkeys (the research associates).

You stimulate the horse or bull to extract semen and transfer it to the cow or mare. I've seen this done with dogs as well. I think "Dirty Jobs" with Mike Rowe had an episode featuring horse insemination. It's much more low-tech than you think. On Dirty Jobs, the stallion is encouraged to mate with an artificial vagina. The semen is collected, and can be used immediately with a mare on site, or is frozen for future use.

Likelihood of conceiving with artificial insemination varies depending on age of animal (including humans) and TMSC or Total Motile Sperm Count.

Thus, conceiving a child by placing a semen filled turkey baster up your vagina is quite possible and has, in a sense, been done already. However, the semen used must be fresh (extracted then) or have been frozen earlier.

Hello,

I knew my son's birthday, that he "would be" male, in what manner, (a time and way not of my choosing) that he would be my only, etc. 6 yrs before he was born when I was very much a virgin. I had not even dated a boy because I figured that I was not ready to even think about dating let alone think about kids until I was at least in my mid 20s.

This is how it happened: I asked my non-christian parents for a bible to be given me on my 16th birthday. They would not get it for me, until i asked many times and then finally they did, a month and a day after my birthday. My father had written that it is given to me on the inside, but he wrote a different date and not my (belated) birthday in there. I asked him what the significance of that date was, and he answered it was the day he gave it to me. He was understandably annoyed, but strangely, I could only faintly hear what he was saying because another, much stronger answer came to me... and it was about my son, and the details concerning him,... above.

Anyway, I was very disconcerted and I told my mother what my Father, God, was saying to me. She did not believe me then, but she did believe me about 6 yrs later as she was one of the main facilitators of how and why my son was born.

I tried from the time i was 16 to join the catholic church so that i could keep myself safe from harm or anything like what would make me have a child-- "at a time and in a way not of my choosing" because I would never have chosen that. You see, I thought that if I could become Catholic and then become a nun, I could avoid anything bad or difficult.

But I was not allowed. My efforts to join were constantly thwarted by my parents.... to make a long story short,... there is no way to avoid difficult or painful things sometimes. I have had to come to accept that. I wasn't able to become even catholic until this year, and I do plan on becoming a nun even now, because of my love for Jesus... but I must raise my son first, and get rid of this cancer that I have been battling for 5 yrs. No problem, because God can do anything.

I am not bitter or hurt because things did not go my way. I have accepted everything... I gave my will to God as a teen and I will not take it back, I don't think I ever could because I know that God knows better than any person. You see, even if i was able to do as i wished and become a nun, I would never be able to forget the son i never had. I would always wonder.... was he ever born? Where is he now? What would he have been like and what would he have done? Seeing the bible again... after many years in storage (from the time i was 18 until I was 24) put chills down my spine, because everything was exactly as was said to me at 16. My son's birthdate, time and way not of my choosing, my only, and a boy. There were other things about my son, such as he would do some very special things in life.

Soooo, i guess im telling my story so that you know that "Virgin Mother" can mean more than 1 thing. You see, I never even thought of myself as such, until my son was 5 yrs old. I was upset at my mother for being abusive and for forcing cirtain things upon my life, (when i had agoraphobia--couldn't go outside for some yrs (18-21) but she comforted me, in a way she never has and hasn't since.... by saying that I should not be upset, because she believed me then. She said she thought it was simular to a "Mother Mary" experience and that she was much more open to those things. The overwhelming love and comfort was amazing. Maybe that feeling for lack of a better word... was really from Mary, because my mother was not comforting to me that way, ever before and never since.

Well, I hope all here are blessed...

With love in Christ,

Laura +

Hello, I had posted some of this in a previous post but I wanted to start a new topic. There are ways to accidentally get pregnant and also ways to purposely get pregnant without actual mating or loss of virginity. Please don't say this is ridiculous because I can google up as many sources as you want. I don't want children but if I did, me and my hypothethical wife would both be virgins and she pregnant. Asexuals, would you want to be pregnant and keep your virginity?

As for how easy it is to get pregnant, I just gone done reading the sponge method. The male ejaculates onto the sponge which soaks the sperm then the female uses the same sponge immediately and rubs her privates with it. Probably a half million sperm will get in. Whoa! One lady thinks you can get pregnant from toilet(seats) if he masturbates into that toilet and you immediately use it! Several women have reported pregnancy from dry humping if the male ejaculates. Sperm can soak thru cloth. Not a good idea to "hump" women, period. If sperm gets near a female's privates, pregnancy becomes a theoratical possibility, period. It only takes ONE sperm.

Here is some testimonals:

1. My wife and I made a baby in a jacuzzi. Yes, it can happen!

2. Yes, you can, sperm can live in a hot tub for up to 24 hours

3. Even though it isn't the common factor, it is possible. Three months after not having my period I took a pregnancy test and found out I was pregnant. Why didn't I suspect sooner? I didn't think it was possible to get pregnant without penetration either. I was very wrong. I found out also after talking to several ladies I knew that three of them got pregnant the very same way and had to have a doctor explain to them how it was possible. Basically, the more lubricated the path to the egg, the more likely it is to happen. I'm 22 now with an almost three year old son and even though people think I'm lying at times, I really want people to understand this is more common than they believe. A child is always a blessing but an unexpected one can take away from the joy.

4. Yes, you can get pregnant without penetration, I know because that's how I got pregnant, this is something that every young girl should know, it can be devastating, nobody believe you, they just think you're lying. After the doctor explained how it happened it was actually very simple to understand. When your a virgin the inside of the vagina is like a wed with a very small opening if any sperm gets into that opening your in big trouble.

5. It is possible to become pregnant without penetration, however, sperm has to get into the vagina. It could be transferred from hands, clothes or bedclothes etc. So be very careful!!

I can show you a hundred more stories if you'd like. Men must be extremely careful not to accidentally get her pregnant. Both can be virgins. It only takes ONE sperm! You both don't even have to be nude!

Question:

Can a flaccid penis release any sperm? Would a man know he has precum if he knows he didn't ejaculate? Id imagine STDs could be spread that way, if sperm can get thru, so can diseases!

Hello Laura and fellow Washingtonian! Have :cake: ! I don't fully understand your post, but I hope you achieve your dream of becoming a nun and that you can beat your cancer. Do you live with your son?

It's o.k... it's difficult for lots of people to understand.

Anyway, yes. My son and I live together, thank you for wishing me well. If it's God's will, I can still see my dreams come to pass. But as it is, life is good and I'm thankful.

Hello Laura and fellow Washingtonian! Have :cake: ! I don't fully understand your post, but I hope you achieve your dream of becoming a nun and that you can beat your cancer. Do you live with your son?
but there's no need to where condoms 24 hours a day for fear that you may get randomly impregnated.

Women can't wear condoms because they don't have...um...something to stick the condom on. Comdoms are for guys. (Wish they'd all use them!)

What about the turkey baster method though? I thought that it was possible... I haven't sought out any reliable sources for it, but it's a very popular method in the media (TV, movies... etc.). This could essentially lead to a pregnancy while still being a virgin.

Turkey-baster method works; many lesbians use that method. However, you have to stick the turkey baster up there, so technically, you're not virgin -- hymen's broken. So what? The baby has to come out there anyway.

Yes, I know that grosses people out... :lol:

I totally agree with everyone about the sources and ridiculousness of most of this. Yes you should be careful and wear protection when having sex... but there's no need to where condoms 24 hours a day for fear that you may get randomly impregnated.

votingmachinesbs0.png

Archived