What level/type of asexual are you?

choose_abstinence

What level/type of asexual are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• hypersexual(must mate as often as possible, super high drive/horny)
    • vanilla sexual(you may further explain what "sexual" you are)
    • hyposexual(Barely care about mating, low horniness/libido)
    • nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway. Have a drive.)
    • nearly asexual without drive(lacking a drive)
    • hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual(same as me)
    • aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)
    • aromantic-repulsed-asexual(even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)
    • Other/none of above. Explain in your post.

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted -aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)- I am very interested in being in a relationship, but not in any physical part. I am not turned off by hugging or cuddling, but I find kissing pretty groose.

I have to say, I find it interesting that C_A lists the poll options in his first post, and there it includes one homo option. Guess he forgot to copy/paste into the actual poll? :lol:

Needless to say, I am an "Other," and quite enjoy being an "Other" (unless you're talking about Lost, which I haven't seen for ages :shock: )

No homo/bi/panromantic?

I voted other because I really don't fit into any of those. I've made up my own (somewhat unwieldy) label, hyporomantic panromantic asexual. It's not pretty, but it's about as accurate as I can be in three words. I think I would like some sort of romantic relationship, but really it could be a close friendship or something. I don't know, people define romance in different ways. I don't like kissing, but I like cuddling, so it would be sort of a deep friendship with cuddling. I preface that with hyporomantic, though, because I don't really feel a strong urge to have that sort of relationship, it's more like something I would be open to if I met someone special, not something I would be actively seeking out (like dating on a regular basis or something). Other than that, I'm just asexual.

I basically consider myself a bit more indifferent than repulsed, but I'm somewhere in between the two. I think I have a slight drive, (maybe TMI) that is, relieved by fantasies (of other people, not me), I don't masturbate at all.

Bi-romantic asexual, though I went hyposexual because that's more accurate as my situation stands. I've never been in a proper relationship. I know I'm bi-romantic, I just haven't seen reason to act on it as yet.

• 2 months later...

I voted hetero-romantic-driveless asexual, however, I do have slight bi tendencies, and I'm currently questioning the degree of my "romantic" desire. Don't you love not being totally defined by labels? XP

• 1 month later...

I voted aromantic-asexual since I have no desire for sexual interaction or romance, however, I do have a minor sex drive which is directed at a fetish.

• 3 weeks later...

Can't believe I never voted in this one!

"Other" for me = hetero-romantic, politically asexual but parasexual in practice.

Parasexual is my word for someone with an exclusive fetish that acts as a stand-in for sex and fulfills all the roles usually attributed to sex, but does not involve genital contact or typically "sexual" things.

I can't say whether I have a sex drive or not, since I'm definitely not driven to have intercourse but am driven to indulge my fetish.

• 1 month later...

Im attracted to be and get turned on by the forbidden but I cant stand being touched.

hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual

Probably. I fall in love with guys, but I would never want to have sex with them, and the thought of that repulse me. But only the thought of me having sex with someone. I don't care about anyone else, they can have sex as rabbits if that's what they want and I wouldn't even think of it as something repulsive. I wouldn't want to watch it though. I could read about it and think of it, and kind of feel the importance of it for others, but if I would watch it, then I would just be indiffirent.

Voted "hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)" although (odd as it may seem) despite the drive I'm repulsed (needless to say I don't like the drive).

• 2 weeks later...

hetero-romantic-sensual (I think that and romantic can be technically lumped together, but I feel the need to specify that I do crave physical contact. It's when things start entering other things that I stop craving)-indifferent-asexual =)

• 2 months later...
I am not going to lable you. Give yourself your own lable. I realize there are numerous types of asexuality. I am hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual. You may elaborate further on your lable. You guys already know about me from my other posts on where I stand, but ill explain it here. Let's refine the lable. Others have said that asexuality can not fit a single lable.

Asexual(main lable. Hetero, bi, homo)

Romantic or not?(How romantic are you?)

drive?(What kind of drive do you have, do you masturbate or have any sexual outlet?)

Indifferent or repulsed?(how strong is your repulsion?)

Hmm... I would call myself aromantic asexual...

My main lable... I do not think I have one as I am as of yet totally aromantic... I can find both men and women aestetically pleasing but have neither romantic nor sexual attraction towards either gender... I am intellectually attracted to some people, in those cases the gender doesn´t matter...

As I said, as of yet totally aromantic...

Drive... hmm, well I have masturbated, but it is nothing that happens regularly, so a very low but existing drive...

If fronted by sexual imagery or talk about sex, I am indifferent... never repulsed and never aroused...

"Other," for me, too.

I'm not quite sure if I'm romantic or not. I might be in denial (saying that I'm aromantic), but I'm really not so sure.

I'm either an aromantic asexual or a pan-romantic asexual.

Either way, I'm generally not repulsed, but it depends... Some things repulse me, others don't...

Wow... I'm so vague...

emmarainbow

other...

I'm utterly asexual, have drive, am prepared to have sex, am panromantic.

• 1 month later...
Solodancer1

Hetero-semi-romantic all-but-driveless-for-periods-lasting-years primarily-intensely-repulsed-hyposexual female, nonvirgin, single, wish I were a virgin, parenthood-desiring, demidomestic, demisocial. (I take it demi means it depends onthe person and the situation? That's how I would describe my domestic/undomestic and introvert/extravert sides.)

hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual after many many years of not realizing what the hell I was.

HRDRA

Hurricane Camille

I never really thought about what "type" of asexual I am. The question never really occurred to me, and my answer is complicated. I suppose I am asexual with drive, because I enjoy masturbating. However, I do not enjoy sex with other people. When I was a teenager I was actually repulsed by the thought of even hugging someone, but that has since passed. Now I can tolerate a hug (still don't like it), but the thought of exchanging bodily fluids with someone gives me the dry heaves.

qecantilles

i am just barely an asexual in my opinion. I have a very very low drive and am physically unable to have sex when the opportunity presents itself. So far anyway. And it's not ed because the only time I have that trouble is when I am about to have sex. I don't mind cuddling, making out, foreplay, or any of the other physical stuff, I just don't like the actual sex part, the penetration part I guess you could say. It is possible, I suppose, that I might just need the right partner.

Archived