What level/type of asexual are you?

choose_abstinence

What level/type of asexual are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• hypersexual(must mate as often as possible, super high drive/horny)
    • vanilla sexual(you may further explain what "sexual" you are)
    • hyposexual(Barely care about mating, low horniness/libido)
    • nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway. Have a drive.)
    • nearly asexual without drive(lacking a drive)
    • hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual(same as me)
    • aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)
    • aromantic-repulsed-asexual(even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)
    • Other/none of above. Explain in your post.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm a level four Asexual. I need 2000 more exp to level up.

I kid. I dunno which to pick, but I'm asexual, hetero-affectionate, hetero-romantic and have no desire for sex. I have a stupidly high sex-drive, however.

• 2 weeks later...
stellarpink182

Hmm I chose other...not quite sure what is meant by "sex drive"

I do not feel sexual attraction, but I fantasize--just would not feel anything if the situation came up in real life. I masterbate, never to orgasm and usually not thinking about anything in particular (have found it varies with my menstrual cycle). So I CAN be aroused, but I don't desire another person to do anything about it. Doing sexual acts to another person actually doesn't bother me (e.g. fellatio)... does anyone else feel this way??? I've always said I'm 'indifferent' but to be completely honest, I am repulsed when I see other people being touchy feely or fully naked.

In terms of romance, mostly desire relationships with men, though sometimes I want to get to know a woman better. Only sometimes like to hug/kiss/cuddle/hold hands. So I guess that makes me a...

heteroflexible- semi-romantic and semi-driven- situationally-repulsed-asexual

----

Was that TMI?

Bi-something. Lately I've been attracted to men in a sexual and relationship sense but also feel it possible to have a relationship with a girl but nothing sexual...not sexually attracted to girls anymore so I don't know what I'd be. So probably bi-demisexual (like I've mostly been)

hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual

I find men aesthetically pleasing to look at. I like their company, and prefer their company to women.

I don't mind hugging, holding hands, dancing, cuddling, but I am not interested in kissing or getting "physical".

I am driveless, there is no physical outlet. I like playing sports and being creative, and this is how I spend my energy.

I am repulsed by even just the thought of intimacy. When I watch movies with sex scenes, I divert my eyes until it is over. I feel grossed out when people talk about sex, and when I find myself thinking about it I grimace. When I have a dream that involves sex, I feel dirty and "violated" and very affected by it for a long time. My earliest recollection of a sex dream came from when I was about 13-years-old; a man got into my bed and I realised I was married to him; I put on a pair of cycling shorts as a barrier to keep him from "getting in". I would be quite content to die a virgin.

I am asexual; sex does not interest me in the slightest.

Last time I created something like this (and half-heartedly too) every Tom Dick and Harry was chewing my ear out....t'was a big mistake. :unsure:

I haven't voted just yet....I can't quite think straight right now....(no pun intended)....

EDIT: I voted hyposexual because literally I have a low sex drive (not to mention it fades completely sometimes) but I could label myself as a 'hetero-aromantic-hetero-indifferent-asexual' or something like that. I see beauty in people and 'sexyness' especially in females but I have little desire and/or drive to actually have someone romantically, sexually or both. I think it's my personality, not just my social-retardedness....

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I'm not quite sure how types there are out there, but while going through the list on the poll I would have to go with "aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)", because even though I'm not all into romance (it makes me uncomfortable and uneasy), it still gives me the sense that I'm cared for, loved, and respected. I fear the fake-romantics that only romance you with the hopes of getting something sexual out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to vote other as I am bi-romantic, with a drive but my sexual interests are solitary and fetish oriented... not sexually aroused by people of either gender. While I enjoy being in a relationship, most mainline 'romantic/sexual' practices from deep kissing and beyond are 'icky', masterbation is OK.

I put hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed asexual, but I really question the hetero part. I've only been in relationships with men, perhaps only b/c I seem to get along better with them (in general, though I have had a few GREAT female friends). I wouldn't have questioned this a few years ago, but I notice myself more and more attracted to a certain type of female (physically that is, I don't have much contact with females now-a-days, it seems). In fact I continue to question the asexual classification as well, and I've been questioning it off and on for years. I have my moments where I think "Maybe I could do this "sex-thing" or "BLECK! NEVER!" or "I want to want sex" or "I'd be best without it", among other varying thoughts. So, yeah, bascially I'm completely confused and full of questions! LOL

(And I concur, sd08109. Masturbation is OK, really doesn't do anything for me. Actually, I think I'd agree on everything you said!!!)

• 1 month later...
carried in bags

hero-romantic i guess. im atracted to women, i like cuddling up in bed and holding hands. im just indifferent to sex and dont see the point in wanking

• 3 weeks later...

"aromantic-repulsed-asexual (even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)"

That fits me to a T.

evilminininja

I'm really more of a demisexual... it's not on your poll though, do i just vote vanilla sexual? What is that anyway?

• 2 months later...

Ok, I better try and get this right; I put myself as other:

I think I'm bi-romantic repulsed asexual or bi-curious,

I mean I have a drive, but I don't want to actually have sex, never have, I find it repulsive. I have fantasised about both men and women- up to a point but I probably prefer men, but having said that I'm in actuality not very romantic either. My longest relationship lasted 4 days. I've been single my whole life bar about 2 weeks.

I don't fantasize about actually having sex though, more I guess emotional stuff or just touching- but only really with women- ok maybe that makes me more gay than hetero -agh- I might give this some more thought. But either way, no sex/genital contact or even kissing please.

AFlyingPiglet

The problem with these polls is either they miss stuff out / people are really more complex than the options on offer.

I'm fairly new to the realisation that I'm Asexual - not the fact that I am (I've known it most of my life). I'm new to the realisation that I'm not the only one who is this way. Consequently, questions like this one are keeping me awake at night at the moment as I am constantly chewing it over.

I (like a lot of folk) don't fit neatly into the options to vote for, but I went for: aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)

I am straight (so am definitely Hetro)

Romantic? I have had crushes on men (about two I think - the last was over 10 years ago). I like the idea of romance, but my romantic attraction is virtually non-existant, which is why I consider myself to be Aromantic.

Yes I do have a drive (not a terribly strong one, but it is there) and I deal with it myself.

Am indifferent to sex. I tried it in one relationship I was in when I was in my early 20s in the hope that it would help me to feel romantic attraction or sexual attraction to the man involved - needless to say, it didn't work.

I'm probably something along the lines of an indifferent demisexual biromantic.

AlyceCheshire

I kid. I dunno which to pick, but I'm asexual, hetero-affectionate, hetero-romantic and have no desire for sex. I have a stupidly high sex-drive, however.

HOW DO YOU HAVE A HIGH SEX DRIVE WITH NO INTEREST IN SEX? THAT SEEMS CONTRADICTORY, THAT IS UNLESS THERE IS NO ONE YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH.

HOW DO YOU HAVE A HIGH SEX DRIVE WITH NO INTEREST IN SEX? THAT SEEMS CONTRADICTORY, THAT IS UNLESS THERE IS NO ONE YOU WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH.

whoa whats with the irate capitals?

it's not contradictory at all, being asexual means not being sexually attracted to people, it doesn't mean that you can't have a sex drive. The little sex urge-y things can still be there, it just means because you aren't attracted to anyone, it doesn't usually live out it's biological function (getting you to mate).

SO... male-oriented-romantic, hyperSENSUAL, driveless, repulsed, asexual.

-..I fall in love with pretty boys;

-no one,nothing, touches my genitals EVER ;

-addicted to sensuality, physical contact and sexually pleasuring my partner.

• 3 weeks later...

aromantic-repulsed-asexual

I can't STAND to be touched. I just don't like it.

Mating drive, libido, romantic drive and romantic orientation are independent things. So, either all the possibilities must be written down, or a multi-block poll must be arranged. My case is not reflected in the list: I have zero mating drive, zero romantic drive and no romantic orientation, moreover I can't stand romance, but I have a libido.

mad_scientist

Why did the heteroromantic aces get their own categories while the other romantic aces are delegated to "other"?

• 1 month later...

panromantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)

-a bit like a bi-romatic-driveless-asexual

but open to dating somebody who's not completely male or female, or neither, or both

In a bit of a vague category myself genderwise, so any relationship I have will be panromantic by default as well!

• 4 weeks later...

I sometimes have this. I feel I like the touch of a man or woman in fantasy, but in reality, on examination, I find I get totally repulsed from even romance with someone.Cant figure it out yet, but seems I have a biromantic sex drive but am completely aromantic asexual.

Mr. Cuddlebunny

Hum, let's see...

Don't have any sort of drive, and never hesitate to call myself asexual in that respect. In my 20 years, while I've had the very odd crush or two, I've never felt sexually attracted to anyone, nor have I been able to understand why so many people seem to need sex. I mean, I can understand it as being a way to continue the species and all that (although I most certainly have no desire to do that either), but from what I've observed, that's not what a lot of people want out of it. Suppose it's just one of those things that'll always baffle me to some extent.

Despite the odd crushes, I'm fairly sure I can call myself aromantic.

Even if I have been mildly interested in people (and even then, only for their personality - no matter how attractive someone may be, I couldn't feel anything for them if they didn't have a decent head on their shoulders), I've never wanted to actually do anything about it. I think if I did get involved in a relationship, I'd panic quite quickly and want back out, so it wouldn't be fair on the other person. I definitely won't be trying it unless I manage to get over the issues I've got with stuff like that.

I tend to find females more aesthetically pleasing in a lot of cases, although more often than not, I find myself more attracted to males' personalites. I also dislike any sort of physical contact. It makes me uncomfortable. I literally jump away if someone tries to touch me. So in the very off-chance I did get involved with someone, I'd be really iffy about hugging or anything.

To be honest though, I've had more crushes on fictional characters than anyone else, so it's not as if I actually could get anywhere with them even if I wanted to. :lol: Oh well.

So.. aromantic asexual, basically. Although I don't abhor romance or anything.

Guest Heligan

Well Ive been here a while now and seen and responded to quite a few of these polls.

Things is over time my responses have changed, I used to say averse or repulsed, but now Im indifferent; I think a lot depends on how much I was trying to force myself to feel something, rather than just go through the motions... which makes me wonder how useful it is to classify ourselves like this if all it is reflecting is our state of mind at a particular point in time (reflecting reasons that might be extremely varied).

Still I guess its still good to have to think about this stuff, and how the social possibilities change depending which group you happen to be in.

Guest Heligan
I'm probably something along the lines of an indifferent demisexual biromantic.

Im confused by this, how can you be indifferent and demisexual? Do you mean you are indifferent unless you are in a romantic relationship, rather than repulsed unless you are in a romantic relationship?

Archived