Turning down Gifts from sexual Friends?

brbdogsonfire
1 hour ago, Naiwen said:

So, if someone I've never seen before, asks me : "Do you remember me?" I've had that happen to me in 2nd cup where my neighbour has been crushing on me and saying "Hi" to me every morning when I used to take public transit with him. I've asked him to stop but he keeps saying : "people should be nice to each other" and has kept talking to me when I've asked him to leave me alone. Been approached by several male random strangers on public transit and on the streets saying outright how beautiful, hot, cute and sexy a woman I am and some saying to me first  "Have I seen you somewhere before? I'm sure I have", making me feel very awkward and creeped out by it. So I'm pretty that's not me hearing things or being paranoid. I've even had a male salesclerk from a drug store push his female co-worker away to rush to serve me and asking me : "Hi, how are you?" despite me telling him to stop. 

I don't believe anyone here is doubting you have been flirted with or harassed. People posting in this thread including me are more skeptical of your claim of it being all sexuals. Its the blanket statement and assumptions you are making that people are pushing back on here.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, brbdogsonfire said:

I don't believe anyone here is doubting you have been flirted with or harassed. People posting in this thread including me are more skeptical of your claim of it being all sexuals. Its the blanket statement and assumptions you are making that people are pushing back on here.

I do tend to generalize yep. That's a coping mechanism I've developed over time. 

3 hours ago, Naiwen said:

So, if someone I've never seen before, asks me : "Do you remember me?" I've had that happen to me in 2nd cup where my neighbour has been crushing on me and saying "Hi" to me every morning when I used to take public transit with him. I've asked him to stop but he keeps saying : "people should be nice to each other" and has kept talking to me when I've asked him to leave me alone. Been approached by several male random strangers on public transit and on the streets saying outright how beautiful, hot, cute and sexy a woman I am and some saying to me first  "Have I seen you somewhere before? I'm sure I have", making me feel very awkward and creeped out by it. So I'm pretty that's not me hearing things or being paranoid. I've even had a male salesclerk from a drug store push his female co-worker away to rush to serve me and asking me : "Hi, how are you?" despite me telling him to stop. 

No one is denying that and we all agree it sucks that it happens at all. The issue, as @brbdogsonfire pointed out, is that you said 'sexual people of all ages and genders' as though every man, woman, heck sometimes even kids, are sexually harassing you. Or like how every hetero friend you have must have some ulterior motive when they merely try to give you a gift or take you out to dinner. Yes some people are definitively jerks like that, but it's the generalizations that pretty much every sexual person is some kind of sexual deviant that we take issue with.

2 hours ago, Naiwen said:

I do tend to generalize yep. That's a coping mechanism I've developed over time. 

While it may be a coping mechanism, there is actually a clause in the ToS about not making generalizations regarding race, gender, sexuality etc. I won't copy/paste it as I don't think we are meant to, but it may be something to think about in the future just because you wouldn't want to get in trouble over it especially given the amount of people who get upset by some of your generalizations 😕 

• 1 year later...

Damn, I almost miss Naiwen's threads.

She posted her Instagram account once. Last month as Telecaster and I were lying in bed post-coitally, we were reminiscing about Naiwen. I looked her up on Instagram. She seems alive and well, posting many many awkward photos of her jewellery. Wonder if she still thinks she's getting serious modelling requests from the spam accounts on IG...

How do these things even get necrobumped so damn often

And why the hell would I turn down free stuff

• Like 1

I mean, if any sexual people... or asexual people... want to give me gifts, go nuts. Money is preferred. PM me for my PayPal info and I'm sure we can arrange this really easily. 😁

25 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

I mean, if any sexual people... or asexual people... want to give me gifts, go nuts. Money is preferred. PM me for my PayPal info and I'm sure we can arrange this really easily. 😁

My gift is my friendship. And the batshit screenshots.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

My gift is my friendship. And the batshit screenshots.

I'm not sure I consider the plethora of images of podiatric diseases to be a 'gift' exactly, but I can look past them and accept them as an unfortunate reality in my life. I know it brings you joy to send them, because that's how I feel when I subject Tele to poo-based discussions. Although it must be said... I've never once sent him images of real poo, whereas you definitely send me grotesquely diseased feet.

Wait no, I sent him a photo of one of my gecko's turds once, but whatever, he's seen those in person too. They're just cute, not gross.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Although it must be said... I've never once sent him images of real poo, whereas you definitely send me grotesquely diseased feet

You make it sound like the grotesquely diseased feet are mine. I want to make it clear to everyone else that they're not. They're the grotesquely diseased feet of strangers.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

You make it sound like the grotesquely diseased feet are mine. I want to make it clear to everyone else that they're not. They're the grotesquely diseased feet of strangers.

No, they're not yours. However I feel like if you ever do encounter serious foot issues, I'll be receiving photos.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

No, they're not yours. However I feel like if you ever do encounter serious foot issues, I'll be receiving photos.

I mean,

• Like 1

You both probably know that American phrase, "Get a room."  With or without diseased feet.  

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Sally said:

You both probably know that American phrase, "Get a room."  With or without diseased feet.  

😂 But isn't that for people who want to do The Coitus? This is all very platonic.

However, I can still provide you with that aforementioned PayPal info and you can assist us financially in getting a hotel room. Doesn't have to be a sexytimey thing. Who doesn't like a little holiday? Could you send enough money so it could be one of those rooms with a jacuzzi in it?

1 hour ago, Ceebs said:

😂 But isn't that for people who want to do The Coitus? This is all very platonic.

However, I can still provide you with that aforementioned PayPal info and you can assist us financially in getting a hotel room. Doesn't have to be a sexytimey thing. Who doesn't like a little holiday? Could you send enough money so it could be one of those rooms with a jacuzzi in it?

I think those rooms with jacuzzis are all rented ahead by johns for their call girls.  At least that what  Pretty Woman showed us.   I couldn't afford that anyway.  How about Motel 6?  You could take turns swishing the water around with your fingers.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Sally said:

How about Motel 6?  You could take turns swishing the water around with your fingers.  

I'll accept that, if for no reason other than that's an amusing mental image. Dammit, I should've tried that at the hotel with Tele, given their swimming pool was empty and filled with chairs instead.

Some small town part way between here and Winnipeg should work, I'd think. I'll bet Snao has always fantasised about staying in a rural Canadian motel.

• 4 weeks later...

1. If a gift is given with an expectation, then it isnt a gift. It is payment! 
2. Some people like to give. Some like to get. Some don’t.
3.To many gifts can change the balance of a friendship. Even though being given/received in a true spirit!