Anti...maskers? Are real?? How?

Eva Blue

MsSelfDestruct

Because according to msm if you riot , loot and take part in mass demonstrations without a mask or social distancing (we've all seen the videos of ppl not obeying) you don't get disease only if you go to church/religious place , your friend's house or a poling station to vote you will get it and endanger others!

So why do I need a mask when I have the power of social justice on my side flowing in my blood,  ironplating my lungs with adamantium and purifying my air particles? I'm immune. 😎

4 hours ago, MsSelfDestruct said:

Because according to msm if you riot , loot and take part in mass demonstrations without a mask or social distancing (we've all seen the videos of ppl not obeying) you don't get disease only if you go to church/religious place , your friend's house or a poling station to vote you will get it and endanger others!

So why do I need a mask when I have the power of social justice on my side flowing in my blood,  ironplating my lungs with adamantium and purifying my air particles? I'm immune. 😎

isn't the actual argument that, like reactivating parts of the economy, fighting for civil equality is something worth increasing the infection rate for?

13 hours ago, Arodash said:

No, since, before all these when we had people actually peacefully protesting the lockdowns the media smeared them. 

They're right to smear them, and their protests involved actually carrying guns which is a display of intimidation and their only protesting for the right to get haircuts and to get others sick. They're idiotic thugs, not peaceful.

It's very simple, they're selfish and moronic whiny babies, I've walked around with a mask all this time and it's not significantly harder to breathe, is it slightly uncomfortable?

Sure but it's nothing but a minor inconvenience, my little brother has sever asthma, and lives in a very contaminated city which is also so hot that it would make everyone in the Mojave desert whine that it's unbearably so, and he has had no complaints about wearing a mask.

Is the mask super effective? Not really not all that much, but it prevents you from spreading your spit travel around you, reducing contaminated surfaces, therefore if everyone wears a mask there's less risk of being contaminated and we get out of the red zone of the pandemic faster, but these whiny little crybabies prefer to risk another spike in casualties than taking a very minor precaution and that's why they get ridiculed, because we're not talking about complicated science, it really is that simple, wear a mask and you'll contaminate less surfaces than if you don't, will there still be contamination? Yes but it'll be less.

43 minutes ago, Moonman said:

If people who insist everyone wears a mask are as unselfish and heroic as they claim to be, they’ll have some sympathy and mercy for people like this.

On 8/5/2020 at 11:52 AM, Quasar.w said:

Neither the media nor the government came up with the name Covid-19. Do viruses need scary names?

No but scary visuals are mandatory. 

Every story should have that logo for the disease cluster floating around every shot that you take. 

Every door that opens, they should be floating around a room. 

Someone eating a burger? Hovering around their fingers and mouth. 

Folks, that's how you properly fear monger. 

That petrified, you could get everyone wearing masks, tutus and a plush  racoon tail with no questions asked.

1 minute ago, Arodash said:

Thugs? No they stayed peaceful and no one got hurt. And guns? Yeah they can carry them its called right to bear arms but they where restrained no one was hurt. 

And the get haircuts thing was meant to be a joke at their idiotic governor who said she needed a haircut, but sure obey CNN because this is all the crap cuomo said

Guns are used to intimate. There's no reason why you should take guns where a governor resides in.

While you say it's meant to be a joke, that's really the crux of their stance. The right to get haircut because there is no argument against the lockdowns and masks.

Just now, Arodash said:

The crux of their stance is that people need to get back to work and keep the economy going.

They didnt, they went to the capital. Now I disagree with people bringing firearms to any protest because it creates more tension but guess what, 2A is meant to intimidate tyrants.

And that stance ignores the economic impact of coronavirus going unchecked, and we're seeing the impact of it as we speak. Millions are being evicted. All of that would have been stopped if recommendation from medical experts were followed.

That implies they're actually tyrants. Sounds like intimidation for people that are for people.

Just now, Arodash said:

The stance explains the economic impact of a destroyed economy over covid, we need people working and things moving.

Governors who tell people they cant assemble, a first amendment right, yeah. I call them tyrants.

Why do other countries that mandated lockdowns longer than USA are now flourishing as we speak?

Provide the body of evidence to support that claim.

4 minutes ago, Arodash said:

ive been over why I dont give you evidence anymore since you admitted you dont look at it and only go by titles lol I think im done here

You keep claiming I only read titles when ignoring that refers to videos that hints at bias, and ignoring that I have quoted articles. But, you do you.

Just now, Arodash said:

Only quoted them after I called you out for not reading them. You skin through select what you want and ignore the conclusions, im not claiming anything this is what you told me so im not providing you any evidence anymore and when you ask for it I will remind you of this.

So, do I only read titles or do I not only read titles. Seems inconsistent. I'll remind you of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Fun lawsuit happening here

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/coronavirus-charter-challenge-1.5680988

"The lawsuit alleges that the measures violate Sections 2 (right of association), 7 (life, liberty and security of the person), 8 (unlawful search and seizure), 9 (arbitrary detention of enforcement officers) and 15 (equality before and under the law) of the charter."

"The lawsuit is seeking $1 million in general damages and $10 million in punitive damages, plus legal costs."

""We need to have a discussion about what does it mean to mandate masks. What does it mean to have everyone wear masks when you're indoors and you can't socially distance, because I think there are going to be legitimate instances where people are going to be unable or unwilling to wear a mask for reasons that really are their own.

"There's lucid, valid, potential issues that maybe are worth being adjudicated before the court.""

But then there are a bunch of other claims that are basically conspiracy theories that have to do with nanotech in vaccines, Bill Gates, and 5G... 🙄

On 8/1/2020 at 1:47 PM, Anthracite_Impreza said:

Yay more anti-mask bashing! It's almost as though this mask thing has grown into a moralistic high-horse cult...

Not wearing a mask during a pandemic is objectively bad thing to do... Going to a public place without a mask is putting yourself and possibly many others at risk to catch a deadly disease that can and will take more lives...

I'm all for going against the moral high ground bs that is commonly found everywhere (especially in religion) but this is a serious issue with a simple solution that anyone can do, and it is flat-out factual. Objective. There's no false high ground. You should either wear a mask or stay at home. This goes for people who can't wear a mask due to any health reason: stay at home until a vaccine is made and things can begin going back to normal.

This pandemic is serious and needs to be taken seriously.

Coming back to this I realized I never actually made my stance on this *ahem* so my verdict: just wear a mask. 

Hello, I work full time in a machine shop and im very familiar with all the masks that people have been hording/jamming on their faces. I would wear these masks (im talking about N95 and N100 masks made by M3) up to 8 hours a day. Ive never had breathing difficulty with either mask. Even with that, the surgical masks that people wear have a lot more airflow to them than the N95s do.

With that said though I really dont care much if people dont wanna wear the masks since:

1. Businesses can refuse service to them if its an issue

2. A lot of the shops around me give complimentary masks if you dont have one

I will say though that "masks" are not the cure for this. You should still make sure to wash your hands and your phone screen to really help stop it. Also make sure to do a disinfectant run through your house and car every week or so; it takes 15 min tops.

10 hours ago, Jusey1 said:

Not wearing a mask during a pandemic is objectively bad thing to do... Going to a public place without a mask is putting yourself and possibly many others at risk to catch a deadly disease that can and will take more lives...

I'm all for going against the moral high ground bs that is commonly found everywhere (especially in religion) but this is a serious issue with a simple solution that anyone can do, and it is flat-out factual. Objective. There's no false high ground. You should either wear a mask or stay at home. This goes for people who can't wear a mask due to any health reason: stay at home until a vaccine is made and things can begin going back to normal.

This pandemic is serious and needs to be taken seriously.

Why not say "if you want to wear a mask stay indoors and let everyone else carry on with their lives as normal?" 

This has exactly the same effect. 

21 hours ago, Skycaptain said:

Why not say "if you want to wear a mask stay indoors and let everyone else carry on with their lives as normal?" 

This has exactly the same effect. 

Nope. It would spread the virus, and we won't be able to run a society at all. The masked people has to be the ones going out, because nothing will work. Nothing will return to normal... I can go into a lot of details of how terrible of an idea this is really from how it could actually help the spread of COVID to businesses just flat-out closing down completely if this was a case, which means no one will be able to do their job, get money to pay for bills, get food since everything is closed, and so much more...

Things will not return to normal. This idea of keeping the masked people at home and everyone else can move freely will just escalate their own deaths to the disease and cause a lot more economical problem.

Again, this is a serious thing. This is a pandemic that we need to take seriously. Half-baked ideas like this will only cause more issues... Just wear a mask or stay home.

1 hour ago, Jusey1 said:

Nope. It would spread the virus, and we won't be able to run a society at all. The masked people has to be the ones going out, because nothing will work. Nothing will return to normal... I can go into a lot of details of how terrible of an idea this is really from how it could actually help the spread of COVID to businesses just flat-out closing down completely if this was a case, which means no one will be able to do their job, get money to pay for bills, get food since everything is closed, and so much more...

Things will not return to normal. This idea of keeping the masked people at home and everyone else can move freely will just escalate their own deaths to the disease and cause a lot more economical problem

This has already happened because of lockdowns. 

Also consider this. In Germany driving a vehicle with your face covered is illegal. In Britain many bus companies have carried out risk assessments and concluded that wearing a mask whilst driving is a greater risk than catching C-19. I'm a cab driver, and agree totally with this sentiment, so I won't wear one. As it would be the height of hypocrisy to make passengers wear them when I won't, I don't ask them to. It is their free choice. 

I come from a place where (conveniently) both the government and the population are fervently pro-mask. No one leaves the house without a mask on, period.

This is a problem for me because I have open holes in my lungs due to multiple surgeries, and an anxiety complex around inhaled objects (like mask fibers, and anything I could've touched that gets transferred to the mask) that I've been struggling to stabilise. It's also exceedingly hot on many Singapore afternoons, to the point which people are getting hospitalised for heat exhaustion.

These things mean that I am inclined to note studies which demonstrate how ineffectual mask-wearing is, and how it could be little more than a very liberal application of the precautionary principle.

I guess all I'm trying to say is, for sure healthy people SHOULD wear a mask in crowded public spaces.. But please don't be too quick to judge people who choose not to, or who take their masks off once they are a reasonable distance away from the next person.

nanogretchen4

A well fitting mask is not going to suddenly fly up and cover someone's eyes while they are driving. Why would that happen? However, there's an alternate solution for public transportation, which is to put a clear partition between the driver and the passengers. Hopefully the driver would then have a clear enough conscience not to feel like a hypocrite when requiring passengers to wear masks. People who can't drive or don't have a car need to have a reasonably safe transportation option.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:13 AM, Skycaptain said:

This has already happened because of lockdowns. 

Also consider this. In Germany driving a vehicle with your face covered is illegal. In Britain many bus companies have carried out risk assessments and concluded that wearing a mask whilst driving is a greater risk than catching C-19. I'm a cab driver, and agree totally with this sentiment, so I won't wear one. As it would be the height of hypocrisy to make passengers wear them when I won't, I don't ask them to. It is their free choice. 

Really? Interesting job? (Please excuse my curiosity ive never met a cab driver)

You guys get those little windows between the customer too, right? Dont think you would need a mask then.

@Marrow, we just use regular cars, no screens or anything.

In some of the larger cities purpose built taxis are mandatory, but they can't handle the longer distances we do, the higher speeds etc. There's also the fact that when I'm off duty it's my regular car. 

This isn't just in Britain, but Europe-wide. Apart from converted vans most cabs are regular cars. 

Mask of the day

Ef7KpwCXgAA1QrV?format=jpg&name=900x900

• 3 weeks later...

In my country they are charging you for not wearing a mask while driving even with a family member and I've seen police stopping people who are alone in their car.

Our government meanwhile has lied about the virus numbers because we just had an election plus our sea border is wide open and illegals are coming in with the virus unchecked. I am for mask wearing but not for government abusing power and mask laws only apply to law abiding citizens.

@Tsareena, I find that interesting, given that in Germany its illegal to drive whilst wearing a face covering. In areas of Britain buses have notices saying "the driver doesn't wear a mask for health and safety reasons. I've experienced (not whilst driving) that one breath can cause instant fogging of glasses. 

Siimo van der fietspad

Foolish as it may appear, I think people who wear masks under their chin or otherwise incorrectly have unwittingly arrived at a certain truth: it is not the value of the action that counts so much as what it represents.  It seems legitimate to claim that the vast majority of people have a very poor understanding of both general risk and specifically aerosol transmission and as such putting an old sock over their mouth has a much greater representational value in demonstrating compliance, social responsibility, group solidarity and other desirable sociological projections.

Anthracite_Impreza
7 hours ago, Siimo van der fietspad said:

Foolish as it may appear, I think people who wear masks under their chin or otherwise incorrectly have unwittingly arrived at a certain truth: it is not the value of the action that counts so much as what it represents.  It seems legitimate to claim that the vast majority of people have a very poor understanding of both general risk and specifically aerosol transmission and as such putting an old sock over their mouth has a much greater representational value in demonstrating compliance, social responsibility, group solidarity and other desirable sociological projections.

And that's why I state it has reached an almost cult-like status. You're either with us or against us, good or the enemy. It's literally become some sort of moralistic high horse even if almost entirely ineffective in many cases.

I remember seeing a medical expert showcase that even people with asthma could wear masks. 

Medical masks are highly breathable, and failure to, face shields at least offer a slight degree of protection. 

I think this is why people who choose not to wear them are seen as poorly as they are. 

I experienced the same in Hong Kong. You would get the death stares from the population not wearing one. 

I had only seen a couple foreigners do so. Everyone else had one on while out in public at all times. 

Personally, I think it's crazy one would feel wearing one for the 10 minutes it takes for you to do groceries are a violation of your rights. 

There is a video floating around of an individual with asthma disproving that mask wearing affects breathing enough to justify not wearing one for groceries. 

He essentially wears quite a few at once, and then runs a few laps. Yes, he almost passes out, but it took him red lining his lungs with over a dozen masks on to do so. 

Most people can wear a mask. It's common courtesy at this point. Especially those who are about to experience winter where this will spread like wildfire. 

I see a person without one in a mall, I assume you're selfish and entitled, and steer clear at least 20 feet from you. 

Siimo van der fietspad
20 hours ago, Anthracite_Impreza said:

And that's why I state it has reached an almost cult-like status. You're either with us or against us, good or the enemy. It's literally become some sort of moralistic high horse even if almost entirely ineffective in many cases.

I did go through a phase of thinking that having one was a sign of my political leaning, but it's a bit silly to think that now in this country. I don't have hugely strong feelings nowadays other than making my own because there's no way I'm spending money on them (some people are making a killing flogging their hand-sewn creations), I just do the minimum to tick the box and avoid trouble. Won't wear them when it stops being a requirement.

45 minutes ago, Phoenix the II said:

With the wildfires and smoke inhalation... 

Will people not cover their face too now?

I've been wearing mine in my house these past couple of days some of the time. :) (not sure if it helps much for the smoke)

Archived